• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

mr_boo

TestOfTide said:
why does everyone still take the upper level on summit? It's like people enjoy me throwing C4 through the window and blasting them.
Summit to me is pretty much a Flak Jacket & Tactical Mask map - so go ahead and keep chucking your C4 :D

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
friskykillface said:
wtf :lol :lol i'm playing right now and everyone is moving so fucking slow, i have a smg, the two perks for speed and i am slow as fuck :lol :lol 0_o

Everyone on the official forums is posting about this too. What version are you playing?

equil

friskykillface said:
wtf :lol :lol i'm playing right now and everyone is moving so fucking slow, i have a smg, the two perks for speed and i am slow as fuck :lol :lol 0_o

Its happening for me aswell.

tsigo

"We are investigating why the latest hotfix changed the movement speeds and to what extend. Will report back as soon as possible."

http://twitter.com/#!/DavidVonderhaar/status/22424743885938688

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Did you guys read this thread about the horrid lag in BO on the official forums?

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=383763&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

What's great is it's a clear, easy to understand presentation on how the lag compensation is totally busted in BO, on top of the host advantage/disadvantage.

What's extremely sad is that Treyarch isn't identifying that it's an issue.

From JD2020

"I didn't come here to debate how the game should be made with you guys, I just wanted to shed some light on why it seems things are broken when they really are not. If there was something we could solve, we'd happily do it - just look at the Community Update stickies. You could argue that Host Selection / Matchmaking needs to be improved then, to match you with players closer to you to minimize lag. But that's a separate problem from "hit detection" - and, gets better over time (the more bad hosts that get host banned for having inadequate internet connection speeds)."

I can't find the quote for now, but he actually goes into saying how Theater mode is the reason everyone is complaining about lag, and it's not a good tool to prove such complaints. Also goes into saying how the host advantage of being 1 sec or more ahead of your enemies is, 'all in your head'.

All I can say is, go play W@W or COD4 and tell me how much different of a game those feel. I did last night and it's like night and day.

DRE Fei

Just when I thought this game couldn't get any worse, now we get this slow character movement bullshit. It's like treyarch is cursed or something. This game has even worse hit detection than WaW. On paper you'd think BO was the best COD ever, but the improved perk system doesn't mean shit if my bullets aren't registering.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
DRE Fei said:
Just when I thought this game couldn't get any worse, now we get this slow character movement bullshit. It's like treyarch is cursed or something. This game has even worse hit detection than WaW. On paper you'd think BO was the best COD ever, but the improved perk system doesn't mean shit if my bullets aren't registering.

Would pay real money for dedicated servers on console. REAL MONEY.

Status update: Currently about to hit 13th prestige and K/D is around 4.3

LeMaximilian said:

Jesus christ, I'm sticking on my first prestige, what the hell. How are people doing this shit so fast?

DRE Fei

TacticalFox88 said:
Jesus christ, I'm sticking on my first prestige, what the hell. How are people doing this shit so fast?
If you can get lots of kills in SnD you will level up fast. I mostly play TDM so I'm only on 4th, plus I'm just average.

mr_boo

LeMaximilian said:
Did you guys read this thread about the horrid lag in BO on the official forums?
All I can say is, go play W@W or COD4 and tell me how much different of a game those feel. I did last night and it's like night and day.
I would trade all BO "bells and whistles" for COD4/W@W/MW2 network code/operations.

TacticalFox88 said:

Being on the winning side of a Headquarters game is a total XP sponge.

mr_boo said:
I would trade all BO "bells and whistles" for COD4/W@W/MW2 network code/operations.

Don't kid yourself. MW2's netcode was just as much garbage. You get shot around corners just as much in that game as this one. And who can forget the joyous 5-second lag dance everyone would sometimes do when a match started?

Mileena

Banned
13th prestige what the fuck? How many days played?

I just hit 4 days played and only 5th prestige

AnEternalEnigma said:
Don't kid yourself. MW2's netcode was just as much garbage. You get shot around corners just as much in that game as this one. And who can forget the joyous 5-second lag dance everyone would sometimes do when a match started?
I used to feel the same, but just no. It feels like the lag in BO just gets worse every day. Treyarch needs to patch their broken ass game.

Stantron

LeMaximilian said:

Sadly, so would I.

What I wanna know is, how the hell do you attain a 4.3 K/D if your connection is so bad? I guess lag doesn't really matter once you're up in the chopper raining down death, or called out your dogs.

I wish there were a way the game would tell you how many millisec your time was off from your opponent's time in the killcam screen. That way I could quantify how bad my connection really is.

Magik

Can't really speak for the 360 side but on the PS3, MW2's netcode/gamecode is far superior to the current state of BO. MW2 had its share of problems as well, but it was no where near to what is happening with BO on the PS3. I think anybody that is playing on the PS3 can attest to that. MW2 gameplay is so smooth especially if you're coming from BO.

At the end of the day, there is something fundamentally wrong with the netcode/gamecode in the PS3 version BO that makes it very difficult to enjoy playing. Its becoming harder and harder to have fun with BO when I'm constantly bombarded with frame drops, wonky-ass hit detection, game crashes (Mother fucking loading screen of death) etc.

mr_boo

Magik said:
Can't really speak for the 360 side but on the PS3, MW2's netcode/gamecode is far superior to the current state of BO. MW2 had its share of problems as well, but it was no where near to what is happening with BO on the PS3. I think anybody that is playing on the PS3 can attest to that. MW2 gameplay is so smooth especially if you're coming from BO.

At the end of the day, there is something fundamentally wrong with the netcode/gamecode in the PS3 version BO that makes it very difficult to enjoy playing. Its becoming harder and harder to have fun with BO when I'm constantly bombarded with frame drops, wonky-ass hit detection, game crashes (Mother fucking loading screen of death) etc.
This. Note, in my previous post I should've qualified that I'm on PS3.

Ugh. What a trainwreck these games are turning out to be. You know it's objectively bad, but it sadifies that psychological addiction. Damn. I blame Activision for retardedly not giving us dedicated servers.

eek5

Scarecrow said:
What factors judge when I can pick up extra ammo from a fallen gun?
same attachments

this is why i sometimes pick up an enemy weapon early in my KS and immediately switch to it even when i have ammo left on my primary so i can keep refilling ammo off the same person

tsigo

Went back to MW2 for the first time since BLOPS' release tonight since a friend just got into it. I was all bummed when I got host until I remembered, wait, that's actually a good thing there.

Mr Sandman said:

concured.

So great to be able to connect to local servers, save to Favorites and go back to them time and time again. I've basically been playing on the same German/French servers since I've bought it.

mbmonk

hamchan said:
PC version post-patch FTW!

Yea. I just bought the PC version 2 days ago and it's been really solid online. I almost bought the PS3 edition instead to play with a buddy, but I just couldn't pass up on dedicated servers. My PS3 buddy is coming over today to play on the PC with the 360 controller so he can try it himself.

I really hope they straighten out the PS3 version.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Was playing last night and I left in the middle of a game... was just really exhausted of the whole thing. I hit the wall. Need to take a break for a while.

Nabs

mbmonk said:
Yea. I just bought the PC version 2 days ago and it's been really solid online. I almost bought the PS3 edition instead to play with a buddy, but I just couldn't pass up on dedicated servers. My PS3 buddy is coming over today to play on the PC with the 360 controller so he can try it himself.

I really hope they straighten out the PS3 version.

i'm glad to hear :D

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Is PC really that improved? I'll start playing again if true.

Also looking into resetting my rank back to lvl1, I've made some bad point spending decisions you see.

mr_boo

RSTEIN said:
Was playing last night and I left in the middle of a game... was just really exhausted of the whole thing. I hit the wall. Need to take a break for a while.
You have my sympathies...I know pretty much how you feel cause I felt like snapping the disc in two on more than one occassion.

To keep myself sane, and I'm sure you probably do this already, but I don't even try to play games that signal a 3-bar connection. Even with a 4-bar connection, I think sometimes there are false positives, so I watch killcams to make sure that my deaths make sense. If there is any inkling of a connection-related deaths, I quit out of that match immediately.

Thnikkaman said:
Is PC really that improved? I'll start playing again if true.

Also looking into resetting my rank back to lvl1, I've made some bad point spending decisions you see.
Some people are still having issues (never had much myself; just a few that I was able to solve). Doesn't hurt to try I suppose. Try deleting your config file in steam apps folder I think (it will rebuild itself) and turn on shader warming in the options.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Mr Sandman said:
Some people are still having issues (never had much myself; just a few that I was able to solve). Doesn't hurt to try I suppose. Try deleting your config file in steam apps folder I think (it will rebuild itself) and turn on shader warming in the options.
Sounds good, I'll have to check patch notes.

About quick scoping, I don't have a problem with it if I'm fast and go between cover. One of the funniest times I had in the game was a pre-match with a scoper and an SMG user. If either of them saw me I'd be dead in an instant so I had to move a lot more slowly and get behind them. When I caught them they got a LAW rocket to the face :D The match was a tie before we left.

Interesting post from Vahn about some new possible gameplay tweaks incoming in the next title update (no word on when that will actually happen):

http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=387677

If you can't be bothered to click:

• They're nerfing the kick reduction that the grip gives the AK74u
  • They're considering giving kill credit to the guy who drops someone into second chance, and assist credit to the guy who finishes him off.
    I really, really, really hope they do this.
  • They're considering limiting second chance revives to one per life.
  • They're considering increasing the amount of time it takes to revive someone in second chance.
  • They're "investigating" how players are using primary weapons/knives while falling into second chance.
  • They're "evaluating" making changes to the damage, blast radius, and movement speed of the RC-XD. The kill requirement will not change.
  • No mention of network/lag/connectivity issues.

divisionbyzorro said:
Interesting post from Vahn about some new possible gameplay tweaks incoming in the next title update (no word on when that will actually happen):

• They're considering giving kill credit to the guy who drops someone into second chance, and assist credit to the guy who finishes him off.
  • They're considering increasing the amount of time it takes to revive someone in second chance.
  • They're "investigating" how players are using primary weapons/knives while falling into second chance.
  • They're "evaluating" making changes to the damage, blast radius, and movement speed of the RC-XD. The kill requirement will not change.

One revive makes sense. The next thing they need to do is make second chance reduce your health by 10.

mr_boo

divisionbyzorro said:

My 2 cents:
1. I didn't think the AK74u usage was that big of an problem. I don't use the AK74u much, but does the Grip really make long range kills easier?
2. Cool on 2nd Chance kill credit going to the initial take down player.
3. Unlimited revives to 2nd Chance was non-issue to me.
4. Current 2nd Chance revive time is a non-issue to me.

5. Didn't even know primary weapon usage was feasible in 2nd Chance.
6. Stoked if they reduce the RC-XD damage - I'm hoping that Flak Jacket will grant majority protection to RC-XD. I'm ok if the RC-XD can still kill a Flak Jacket user at close (sticky-like) range.

7. Based on Max's last JD post, not surprising.

divisionbyzorro said:

Pretty much agree with all of it, except for the network stuff, but then again, I dont think I'm having as much problems as some people. I switched to locale recently and I dont see that many issues with it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:
[*] They're considering giving kill credit to the guy who drops someone into second chance, and assist credit to the guy who finishes him off.

Awwwww but stealing other peoples kills is so much fun! :D

mr_boo said:
5. Didn't even know primary weapon usage was feasible in 2nd Chance.

It's that when a player goes into second chance, the shots they fired don't get "cancelled" like a with a normal gunfight, so they may go into last stand right before their primary weapon registers.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Hopefully better host selecting/matchmaking is in the works if they don't want to address the netcode directly. As all of you notice, if you get into a game where the host lives anywhere close to where you live, it feels amazing. There's at least 200,000 people in the US alone playing at almost any given time....so why can't I be paired up with just 17 of those guys? Honestly, I see the west coast on that heat map, the game's gotta do a better job of pairing up the right people with the right people.

Anyway...glad to hear of the other changes tho. What they really need to do is make the RC-Car's hitbox FUCKIN HUGE so it's easier to shoot down. Really, if it's so easy to get then it should be easy to kill.

LeMaximilian said:
Anyway...glad to hear of the other changes tho. What they really need to do is make the RC-Car's hitbox FUCKIN HUGE so it's easier to shoot down. Really, if it's so easy to get then it should be easy to kill.

I can get behind this. If it were easier to kill, that would be the only nerf it would need.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
divisionbyzorro said:
I can get behind this. If it were easier to kill, that would be the only nerf it would need.

Agreed. RC-Cars piss me off to no end, but if one turns the corner and gets me...well, he got the drop on me. If I see the friggin thing chasing me from across the map as I unload 30+ rounds in it's general direction only to have it arrive and explode between my legs, then we have a problem.

Anyone ever notice how EASY it is to shoot down an RC when you have host? While almost impossible to hit it at all when not the host, just goes to show how the lag once again is destroying the core game.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Those are the stupid kinds of balance changes that I hate in COD - they never do intricate stat changes, they just throw a blanket on it like whatever.

The AK74u itself is not a problem, it's probably the illusion caused by so many people using one. I personally can't even click with the gun, but I know if I wanted to use one, it's the gun most commonly found on the ground in all sorts of colors and attachments, and it comes at level 17, which is reached in no time after a prestige. I mess with its big brother, which is really a beast in this game unlike how I liked it in MW2. Leave the gun as is, make the other SMG's better, problem solved.

Why would you make an attachment purposely made to improve spread & kick worse just for that one gun and not the rest?

Second Chance: I HATE Second Chance, not because of the idea of it like a lot of people, but only because they can still hit with their primary bullets as they fall. If they cut-off the bullets the same way as if the person died, then the perk would be fixed in my book - they can keep the invincibility, the revives, number of revives, etc. because not only does a headshot kill them in one go (yeah I know, ass-tacular hit detection needs more work first) but the more Second Chancers are running around, the more people are running around without Hacker Pro, meaning more people running into my Claymores. Not even that many people revive others I'm sure. One flash bang or stun grenade wherever you dropped that guy and he's done as well.

If they did all of those things that they said that they'd look into, then all of the people using the perk would simply stop using it - and that's not how you fix things - by making them useless. They "fixed" the Model 1886's by just making the bullets disappear after short-range, like that made any damn sense for a shotgun, and then nobody used them anymore.

RC-Car: just make the blast smaller, and its fine - everything else seems right for a speeding RC-car with explosives on it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
LeMaximilian said:
Anyone ever notice how EASY it is to shoot down an RC when you have host? While almost impossible to hit it at all when not the host, just goes to show how the lag once again is destroying the core game.

I don't think I've ever been host.

Top Bottom