• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Sealda

Banned
Freezie KO said:
Agreed. Gunship already looks awful.

Gameplay looked fun other than that. Hopefully the medium-large maps actually support a slower, tactical playstyle. That's what I enjoy more than the super-soldier/runner style.

Agree. This game (at-least on that map)seem to have the same tempo as MW2...hmf

Mik2121

Do we know anything about how the File Share thing works? Like, if I'm on the PS3, can I take a replay and save it to an external HDD or USB and transfer it to my computer, or I have to pay for it like with Halo? :/

iNvid02

Mik2121 said:
Do we know anything about how the File Share thing works? Like, if I'm on the PS3, can I take a replay and save it to an external HDD or USB and transfer it to my computer, or I have to pay for it like with Halo? :/

apparently you can upload straight to youtube, quality would be average, round 480p maybe.
most likely be able to save to HDD, and i guess you could copy files to where ever you wanted.

cameltoe

iNvidious01 said:
apparently you can upload straight to youtube, quality would be average, round 480p maybe.
most likely be able to save to HDD, and i guess you could copy files to where ever you wanted.

MMM I didnt see that option....Ill check later

Cobra84

Bumblebeetuna said:
I wouldn't call that spawn abuse. Any of those morons could have shot it down.
How? Once it stopped behind the house it was all over. Unlikely anyone had Ghost Pro, not that it would have saved them. Unlikely anyone had unlocked the Strela. The law probably is as bad as the M136 at shooting down aircraft. Flares means multiple shots needed.

iNvid02

well the quality in theatre mode must be better than 480p, maybe HD 720 because i just watched that recorded game above and its crisp HD, and all from theatre mode.

i thought it would be like just cause 2, that was horrible recorded

Enco

£34.

Not bad. Looking forward to some split screen online play :D

Loving the nuke town map (haven't seen any other).

cameltoe

dope4goldrope said:
That person must be deaf, I can clearly hear the guy pushing buttons while defusing.

when you plant you can hear the case opening, when you defuse you cannot. The defenders can hide and wait for the noise you make when planting but after planting, one cant hide and do the same for the defuse....

Make it the same, thats all.

Cobra84 said:
How? Once it stopped behind the house it was all over. Unlikely anyone had Ghost Pro, not that it would have saved them. Unlikely anyone had unlocked the Strela. The law probably is as bad as the M136 at shooting down aircraft. Flares means multiple shots needed.

There was plenty of time for any of those guys that spawned to shoot at it. Sometimes the guy was shooting right there into the yard behind the house but most of the time he was shooting right or left of the house and inside the house. Only when there came to be 2-3 or more little red markers in the yard would he return there.

It was just a group of friends annihilating some people who clearly suck at the game. It seemed nowhere near the level of some of the MW2 spawn raping where guys literally have no chance to do anything.

LowParry

Bumblebeetuna said:
I wouldn't call that spawn abuse. Any of those morons could have shot it down.

I think the fact that you can just hold down the trigger for your gun spray with the gunship with no limitation is a bit wonky and unbalanced.

I think it's clear that the spawns on Nuketown for Demolition are pretty damn awful. :lol

Hey, guys with the game: can you upload theater games directly to YouTube? Or are you still using a capture card?

cameltoe

divisionbyzorro said:
I think it's clear that the spawns on Nuketown for Demolition are pretty damn awful. :lol

Hey, guys with the game: can you upload theater games directly to YouTube? Or are you still using a capture card?

Im using a capture card.....need to look into this direct upload thingy

Somnium986 said:
Damn, almost everyone on the other team left. I guess people don't enjoy being spawn killed.:lol
yeah, fuck.. that map is way to small to escape a brutal chopper.

did they loose that game by the way?...

Cobra84

Bumblebeetuna said:
There was plenty of time for any of those guys that spawned to shoot at it. Sometimes the guy was shooting right there into the yard behind the house but most of the time he was shooting right or left of the house and inside the house. Only when there came to be 2-3 or more little red markers in the yard would he return there.

It was just a group of friends annihilating some people who clearly suck at the game. It seemed nowhere near the level of some of the MW2 spawn raping where guys literally have no chance to do anything.
The was a little time to shoot, but a better gunner could also have locked down the back and side yard spawns easily.

What should the level 17 and under guys shoot at with, the likely to be pathetic law?

Even if they shot it down, he still would have gotten enough kills to ruin a close deathmatch game.

SMZC

Even if they shot if down, he still would have gotten enough kills to ruin a close deathmatch game.

Ruin? It's a killstreak reward, one worth 11 kills, no less. of course it's going to dominate the little time that it's going to be there. Also, killstreaks are just one more part of the game, of course they are going to make a difference, what would be their point, otherwise?

Cobra84 said:
The was a little time to shoot, but a better gunner could also have locked down the back and side yard spawns easily.

What should the level 17 and under guys shoot at with, the likely to be pathetic law?

Even if they shot if down, he still would have gotten enough kills to ruin a close deathmatch game.
There is no way the other team would have won, even without the chopper gunner. They had six times the kills even before anything higher than a spy plane had been used.

I kind of agree about the gunship being cheap.

I get that it's a high kill killstreak and it's not going to come up a ton, but it's a high kill killstreak...meaning you need some skill to get it.

So why is the killstreak so easy to use? You get to spam the right trigger and don't even have to identify enemies; they're highlighted for you. There are no worries about using your ammo wisely. Dogs are a one hit kill and you don't do jack shit to deploy them.

Hell, with all the complaining about the care package, at least you have to hold down a sector to ensure that you get your crate.

We'll see after people start unlocking launchers, though. I'd usually be able to shoot down a harrier before it even got one kill. I have to admit that would suck if your 11 kill killstreak was able to be shot down immediately.

Cobra84 said:
Even if they shot it down, he still would have gotten enough kills to ruin a close deathmatch game.

Spawns aren't as predictable in a deathmatch game. It's almost impossible to get spawnlocked in TDM. There's no way that many kills would have come as easy in anything other than Demolition or Domination.

Cobra84

SMZC said:
Ruin? It's a killstreak reward, one worth 11 kills, no less. of course it's going to dominate the little time that it's going to be there. Also, killstreaks are just one more part of the game, of course they are going to make a difference, what would be their point, otherwise?
Why does someone who just got 11 kills in a row need more? Why are 11 kills in a row any different than 11 kills? I could go 11-20 and still get a gunship or I could never get a kill streak just depending on what order my kills and deaths are in.

buy teh haloz said:
There is no way the other team would have won, even without the chopper gunner. They had six times the kills even before anything higher than a spy plane had been used.
I didn't say that game was close, but if it were close the game was ruined.

divisionbyzorro said:
Spawns aren't as predictable in a deathmatch game. It's almost impossible to get spawnlocked in TDM. There's no way that many kills would have come as easy in anything other than Demolition or Domination.
I could still easily get enough kill to turn the tide of the match, especially in smaller open maps.

Kill streaks in general are just a horrible idea. Why reward kills with more kills? Why reward potential inconstancy over consistency?

Mik2121

iNvidious01 said:
It seems like you can watch replays with other friends? Awesome! :_)

In the load screen it says something about the only the host being able to skip or something like that, but other people being able to change perspectives, etc..

If they also let you render the video (which it seems like, as there was an option saying "Render" and nothing about having to pay) and transfer it to your computer to upload to youtube (or straight upload from the console), then it will be even better :_)

This game is shaping up to be just so much better than MW2. Can't really wait for it :__)

BTW, here in Japan the game has two release dates. English with Japanese subtitles, on the 18th, or fully Japanese translated on the 26th of December (WTF?!). From what I've seen on many internet boards and asking some friends, pretty much everybody laughs at the translated version, and all of them seem to be going to purchase the English version with Japanese subtitles (the way to go, imo).

Even then, though, I will have to wait an extra week and a half (18th vs 9th for you guys).

zero margin said:
It says that on the box? wtf

Nope, it's a message in the lobby of live multiplayer. Sort of like their message of the day.

It also says "Have a nice day" right after. :lol
9a053f79.jpg

SMZC

Why does someone who just got 11 kills in a row need more? Why are 11 kills in a row any different than 11 kills? I could go 11-20 and still get a gunship or I could never get a kill streak just depending on what order my kills and deaths are in.

Maybe the guy that is working his way towards the 11 killstreak in order to get the Gunship is actually on the losing team, in this case his Gunship could actually turn the match around based on the performance of this person alone. That's something a lot of us like about COD, the fact that even when you are on the losing team, you still stand a chance at doing well on your own or even at making your team win the match.

I'm not going to say COD's approach is better than others because this depends on personal preferences, but for those of us that prefer more of a "lone wolf" kind of play style, COD is better suited for us than, say, Halo (much more team based than COD, which might be a good thing for some, but not for others). And killstreaks, like I said, play a bit of a role in that.

Killstreaks were one of COD4's innovations to the genre, they add a new dynamic to the typical multiplayer FPS experience that is exciting and interesting. Personally, I would lose a bit of interest in the franchise if they got rid of killstreaks. I however agree with you on that it may need a revision in the way you obtain them. Perhaps they shouldn't even be "kill"streaks at all, at least depending on game mode. I don't have much of a complain in this regard because I always play TDM, anyway, but like many have complained over the years, it's ridiculous that people still get rewarded for their kills in objective game modes. How about giving rewards based on your performance when it comes to doing what the game mode you're playing is all about (capturing flags in Domination, planting/defusing in Search&Destroy, etc)? It baffles me that this hasn't been changed yet.

In any case, Black Ops has the Barebones playlists, which are killstreakless. If you hate the concept of killstreaks that much, you can always play that. Everyone is happy.

Just played about 5 TDMs.

1. I found that there were no really cheap deaths.
2. Watch out for that claymore.
3. People you were used to stopping power have a big adjustment to make cause most guns I used felt kinda a weak.

Again this is just what I felt after 5 games. Going back to play now.

Mik2121 said:
It seems like you can watch replays with other friends? Awesome! :_)

In the load screen it says something about the only the host being able to skip or something like that, but other people being able to change perspectives, etc..

If they also let you render the video (which it seems like, as there was an option saying "Render" and nothing about having to pay) and transfer it to your computer to upload to youtube (or straight upload from the console), then it will be even better :_)

This game is shaping up to be just so much better than MW2. Can't really wait for it :__)

BTW, here in Japan the game has two release dates. English with Japanese subtitles, on the 18th, or fully Japanese translated on the 26th of December (WTF?!). From what I've seen on many internet boards and asking some friends, pretty much everybody laughs at the translated version, and all of them seem to be going to purchase the English version with Japanese subtitles (the way to go, imo).

Even then, though, I will have to wait an extra week and a half (18th vs 9th for you guys).

Dude, go with subtitles. I'm not some dub-snob or something but this game has Gary Oldman on the VA.

BigBlackGamer said:
Day 6 of 8 is up. Some One In The Chamber MP play from last night and me laughing stupidly at the end. Here

Yeah, melee should either just cause a "push back"/no damage or not in gun game or melee kills simply don't count towards your score.

cameltoe

crimzonflame said:
Just played about 5 TDMs.

1. I found that there were no really cheap deaths.
2. Watch out for that claymore.3. People you were used to stopping power have a big adjustment to make cause most guns I used felt kinda a weak.

Again this is just what I felt after 5 games. Going back to play now.

Its an instant death....I dont think it even clicks anymore...it just go boom.

Mik2121

Discotheque said:
Dude, go with subtitles. I'm not some dub-snob or something but this game has Gary Oldman on the VA.
Yeah well, I wasn't even considering waiting a month and a half for a crappy dub that takes all the mood and throws it out the window. The best part is that the Japanese people I've seen and talked to, think exactly the same. They all laugh at the whole idea of waiting for that shit.

The only thing I was considering was getting the Asian (Hong Kong) version fully in English which releases a week earlier than the Japanese (subtitles) one. But I will go for the Japanese one because of the future DLC. I don't wanna make a HK account to buy stuff, I already have enough with the EU, US and Japanese stores set up :/

BigBlackGamer said:
Day 6 of 8 is up. Some One In The Chamber MP play from last night and me laughing stupidly at the end. Here

I remember that, so epic. Shame you muted those guys before - would have loved to hear them bitching about you hacking or lag or something :lol

X26

Banned
DoctorWho said:
Nope, it's a message in the lobby of live multiplayer. Sort of like their message of the day.

It also says "Have a nice day" right after. :lol

Probably intended to be tongue in cheek

...maybe

Xater

coolcole93 said:
Or perhaps a slight dig at EA with the MoH/Fifa/BFBC2 VIP code bs?

Yea I would think that is a dig at EA becaus eof the whole project 10 dollar thing. Well technically it's not only EA who does it now.

Mik2121 said:
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/playstation-3-slim.jpg

Say what?

I assume the same message pops up on all versions of the game though lol. Either way im just glad they didnt try a subscription service with Black Ops, I remember rumours that Activision wanted to do that with CoD like a year ago.

Top Bottom