• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

luoapp said:
Damage of each pellet drops to 10 after ~15m. With suppressor on, it's even shorter.

Actually, the Spas-12 does the same amount of damage with or without the suppressor.

Still, the possibly of only two of those sixteen pellets hitting is very possible. If you want range for your shotgun, use the stakeout in HC. The spread of the gun is so tight when aiming down the sights (especially with steady aim) that you are guaranteed at least 30 damage.

Mileena

Banned
Just got a personal best... 49k exp in one match. I was pretty pumped

xbGzd.jpg

Nabs

The dude in the video messed up his browser filter. He has "With Password" set to Yes, rather than All.

Edit: But he should still see private servers in the Unranked tab, so I'm not sure whats up with that. If I find anything, I'll update this post.

corkscrewblow said:
Just got a personal best... 49k exp in one match. I was pretty pumped

xbGzd.jpg
Nice score! And here I was all jazzed about going something like 75 and 12 last night.

Had something really odd happen too. I was playing regular Domination(not the Ground War version) and the game did a host migration. From that point on, it was 7 on 3 for the rest of the match. Very weird glitch and it wound up being an easy win, but just interesting that somehow we wound up with more than the allowable players on our team. I also watched and scores for everyone were going up so it wasn't just some weird display glitch.

Miggytronz

DRE Fei said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/20/report-infinity-ward-co-developing-modern-warfare-3-with-sledge/
So according to this they have one team developing MW3's single player and another working on the multiplayer? Didn't Medal of honor have that, and doesn't that game suck? I guess as long as none of those developers are treyarch then it shouldn't be so bad. How can you possibly get worse than BLOPS?

Sledgehammer is doing Campaign, Raven Software is doing multiplayer. Treyarch isnt doing shit.

Mikasangelos said:
Sledgehammer is doing Campaign, Raven Software is doing multiplayer. Treyarch isnt doing shit.

Hopefully Raven can give this series a much-needed makeover. Even though I think that Black Ops is the best and most refined version of the CoD4-style shooter, we have essentially been playing the same game for four years straight. I really am ready to see this series go in a different direction.

Miggytronz

divisionbyzorro said:
Hopefully Raven can give this series a much-needed makeover. Even though I think that Black Ops is the best and most refined version of the CoD4-style shooter, we have essentially been playing the same game for four years straight. I really am ready to see this series go in a different direction.

i personally think they need to hop off the Quake 3 engine and go to a newer fresher more next gen engine.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mikasangelos said:
i personally think they need to hop off the Quake 3 engine and go to a newer fresher more next gen engine.
Meh, the engine looks fine, especially IW's revision of it that will probably be built on for 3. It also runs incredibly well on PC.

Miggytronz

Neverender said:
I bet Modern Warfare 3 will be a bad game and it will be the end of the Call of Duty craze.

Most of the time this is what i want to happen so people can actually play other developed games. Give the entire industry a bit of a boost.

Stallion Free said:
Meh, the engine looks fine, especially IW's revision of it that will probably be built on for 3. It also runs incredibly well on PC.

im sure it does but on console its a different beast. Its lackluster.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Neverender said:
I bet Modern Warfare 3 will be a bad game and it will be the end of the Call of Duty craze.
If the next game is in fact MW3 (that's just what people are thinking it'll be right now... I don't think it's truly been confirmed), it'll sell even better then Black Ops, regardless of how shitty it may be or what changes they make. The only misstep they could possibly make in the eyes of the masses at this point would be going back to WWII era or thereabouts.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mikasangelos said:
im sure it does but on console its a different beast. Its lackluster.
The tech on consoles is pretty lackluster as well. If you want a new engine I can almost guarantee the 60 fps attempts will be dropped completely and it will be locked at 30 fps. And who is gonna develop the engine? Treyarch sure as shit can't. They cried when they didn't get access to the MW2 tech which is vastly superior to what they used in BLOPS. And all of the IW talent is gone now.

Miggytronz

Stallion Free said:
The tech on consoles is pretty lackluster as well. If you want a new engine I can almost guarantee the 60 fps attempts will be dropped completely and it will be locked at 30 fps. And who is gonna develop the engine? Treyarch sure as shit can't. They cried when they didn't get access to the MW2 tech which is vastly superior to what they used in BLOPS. And all of the IW talent is gone now.
exactly.

Mileena

Banned
zesty said:
120 - 18?! What kind of objective were you ignoring to rack up that many kills?
uh, it was Nuketown Demolition and I had a plant. Just because people are good enough to get 100+ kills doesn't mean they ignore the objective.

X26 said:
never hit the 100 kill mark myself, 90 twice though

both time on nuketown domination, and I probably camped
I'd argue back that someone getting around 100 kills on Nuketown is still going to be doing a good job of "thinning" out the enemy which will mean more opportunities for the teammates to go and capture.

Personally, if my team has two of the flags in Domination, I don't go out of my way to capture the third except if I know the enemy is capping one of our flags.

BigBlue1974 said:
Personally, if my team has two of the flags in Domination, I don't go out of my way to capture the third except if I know the enemy is capping one of our flags.

As well you shouldn't. Triple capping is a classic rookie mistake. You should never triple cap unless you need the points. It makes the spawns get all funky and unpredictable; often triple caps end up being followed by the enemy double-capping you right back because they're spawning behind you.

divisionbyzorro said:
As well you shouldn't. Triple capping is a classic rookie mistake. You should never triple cap unless you need the points. It makes the spawns get all funky and unpredictable; often triple caps end up being followed by the enemy double-capping you right back because they're spawning behind you.
Agreed, was worried about going into too much detail and getting labeled as a dirty camper!

cuevas said:
Tell that to Max! Lol.
Every chance you get hey?

On another note, I am loving the m60 lately. I have had 6 or seven matches in a row with a 5+ KDR.

I also tried that ladder in Crisis. It is a little more...exposed than I thought. Not a great perch.

PalaceBrother said:
Every chance you get hey?

On another note, I am loving the m60 lately. I have had 6 or seven matches in a row with a 5+ KDR.

I also tried that ladder in Crisis. It is a little more...exposed than I thought. Not a great perch.
The leaderboards don't lie.

Magik

Brian Fellows said:
I had a steady 4 bar connection all day and it was the worst connection I've had in 5 or 6 weeks.

Connection quality is such bullshit in this game. I've had situations like yours where I have 4-bars and I get completely destroyed by people on less. It was like I was a whole second or more behind everybody.

I finally get around to playing the campaign, only a few missions in, and what I've noticed is that the visual presentation is really inconsistent. Some parts look incredibly mediocre, but then the level Executive Order came in and looked fantastic, almost like a different game.

So far it's actually been pretty fun. It's still shooting gallery stuff but with the surround speakers turned up loud it's still a hell of a ride. I don't know if I'll be willing to subject myself to the torture that is Veteran though. Done that shit too many times now in these games.

scoot3r

So im a hopeless addict to this game, have it on 360. I travel alot for my job and lug my wii with me for the internet browser and such. So wii gamers should i get this for wii as well to get my fix while im gone? or is this version hot garbage?

EDIT: No GC controller? Fuck that!

Q8D3vil

not a fan of cod games, but i tried this at my friends house with nvidia vision and it looked amazing.
way better than the normal maxed pc version.

scoot3r said:
So im a hopeless addict to this game, have it on 360. I travel alot for my job and lug my wii with me for the internet browser and such. So wii gamers should i get this for wii as well to get my fix while im gone? or is this version hot garbage?

I haven't played the Wii version but why would you prefer dual-analogue to pointer controls? Baffles me a little.

luoapp

scoot3r said:

It does support classic controller pro, so there is the dual-stick for you. However, from what I gathered from Neogaf's wii cod thread and other forums, the pointer control is superior.

jedimike

I know people are tired of hearing the talk of "should I prestige or not?" I was definitely on the NOT side of the fence. I had the guns I wanted... the pro perks I wanted and my k/d was going up and up. Then I really started getting bored with the game and decided to freshen it up by prestiging (2nd) last night. The first few rounds I played, I was kicking myself... I thought I made a big mistake. But after a couple hours, I got enough good guns and perks to get me back on track. Now I'm glad I did. Of course I would have been 3rd or 4th prestige by now if I did this earlier... oh well.

So I anyone is still having this debate with themselves... I say go for it. It's nice to actually be getting XP again.

TheStringTheory said:
I recorded my first clip today, it looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQDPz_SRjv4

Nice Job!... I've been able to do that "run" twice where you clean out the computer room and then catch them again as they respawn and aren't expecting anyone in between those buildings. Summit is one of my favorite maps.

luoapp

jedimike said:
I know people are tired of hearing the talk of "should I prestige or not?" I was definitely on the NOT side of the fence. I had the guns I wanted... the pro perks I wanted and my k/d was going up and up. Then I really started getting bored with the game and decided to freshen it up by prestiging (2nd) last night. The first few rounds I played, I was kicking myself... I thought I made a big mistake. But after a couple hours, I got enough good guns and perks to get me back on track. Now I'm glad I did. Of course I would have been 3rd or 4th prestige by now if I did this earlier... oh well.

So I anyone is still having this debate with themselves... I say go for it. It's nice to actually be getting XP again.

If you get bored with the game, why not try different play style, kill streak, loadouts? Prestige is just another excuse to get more xp, which is meaningless by itself, IMHO.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Can anyone link me to that MW2 video of the guy going around camping on Quarry? He does it in a satirical fashion. It's funny.

I can't find it.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I love the fact that all my friends use hardline. I always have a steady stream of people asking me to take their care packages for them.

scoot3r said:

I play on Wii, and it's a really great conversion of the game. Although if you want something absolutely identical, then perhaps it's best to think of it as a really great version of the game. As was stated, there is Classic Controller support if you're adamant about dual analog. I think you should at least try the pointer controls for a good 15 minutes. You might be surprised about the precision.

Things missing include chopper gunner, gunship, valkyrie rockets, flamethrowers, camera spike, and the zombie map "Five". Aesthetic things include face paint, custom player cards/emblems, custom red dots (although you can customize your regular reticle not available on HD systems), and obvious graphical limitations.

Also, because of the RAM limitations, it's missing Kill Cams and Theater Mode. Personally, I find the lack of chopper gunner and Kill Cams a positive, but it's up to you. Also, the Havana map is inexplicably smaller (the Wager Match version), although nobody can figure out why.

Other than that, it's pretty much the same with minor differences (like a different time of day on Crisis). It's really solid, and I've been playing it since launch. We get the tweaking patches later, but at times there have been significantly less connection/crashing technical problems on Wii.

Hyunkel6

Bboy AJ said:
Can anyone link me to that MW2 video of the guy going around camping on Quarry? He does it in a satirical fashion. It's funny.

I can't find it.
The guy?! That guy is El Presador, YouTube's most acclaimed and entertaining commentator! :D

Nabs

just had one of those crazy matches in HC TDM a second ago. ended 39-7 while running around like a fool with my scorpion.

Strider2K99 said:
Did you earn a Rolling Thunder from Napalm kills? How?

Was it an unranked server?
I think it blew up the car killing the guy.

I have the Spy Plane, Napalm, and Bomber too. Pretty fun until you nuke everyone on the map. Your team included. :lol

aku:jiki

TheStringTheory said:
I recorded my first clip today, it looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQDPz_SRjv4
:lol :lol What are those idiots doing having a group hug on the stairs?

Summit has really turned into a huge clusterfuck, it and Havana are unplayable in Demolition. Literally everybody ignores the bombs and spawn camps on those two maps now, so tiresome. :(

AnEternalEnigma said:
Holy shit, is that actually ELPRESADOR talking? He should be working in Hollywood if so!

Top Bottom