• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

kuYuri

noire said:
Anyone know what they changed about the PSG1?

Before the patch, PSG1 did more damage without attachments. I'm guessing this patch fixed it so that It does the same damage across attachments.

tsigo

Brian Fellows said:

1127565477.png

If it makes you feel any better, even with that connection I still get unplayably laggy games, and Black Ops still insists on picking hosts that everyone gets 2-3 bars to instead of me. MW2 picks me as host almost every time!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
tsigo said:
1127565477.png

If it makes you feel any better, even with that connection I still get unplayably laggy games, and Black Ops still insists on picking hosts that everyone gets 2-3 bars to instead of me. MW2 picks me as host almost every time!

Yeah this game has some weird choices for host. Many times the game will switch from someone who is giving everyone 3 or 4 bars to someone who gives everyone 1 or 2 bars.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
tsigo said:
1127565477.png

Holy fucking shit tsigo. Are you on fiber?

Oh and to add that this netcode issues is a Treyarch problem and not a COD issue...when you get host in BO, you get those massive framedrops on some maps. This exact same issue would happen to me on select maps of W@W when I was host. There's something clearly different between the online code of a Treyarch and IW COD title.

3ur4zn said:
Having watched a few of your games, saying you could maintain a 4kd is... interesting

I got curious and watched three of your films that you have on file share. If that's what you call "run and gunning" you are sadly mistaken my friend. Maybe you uploaded these clips because you wanted to show someone on the other team being bad or stupid, I know I have one of Randomdugg on Grid, but you have some huge balls trying to say you are a good player. Looking at your recent games it looks like you average 14 kills a match in TDM with like a 3 K/D for the week. Good job!

If you are going to try and talk shit about the films in my file share make sure the ones you have up aren't garbage.

tsigo

LeMaximilian said:
Holy fucking shit tsigo. Are you on fiber?

Oh and to add that this netcode issues is a Treyarch problem and not a COD issue...when you get host in BO, you get those massive framedrops on some maps. This exact same issue would happen to me on select maps of W@W when I was host. There's something clearly different between the online code of a Treyarch and IW COD title.

Yeah, Verizon FiOS. And yeah, not being host in BLOPS isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'd rather be host and deal with the random framerate issues while giving everyone 4 bars than to play an entire game where the only person with 4 bars is the host.

DRE Fei

Don't feel bad cobra, mine's not that great either. The game has really bad matchmaking too, which I'm sure doesn't help the situation.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I think it's pretty damn obvious to everyone playing BLOPS that there's severe issues with the netcode/lag/connectivity, as much as Treyarch wants to deny or blame it on Theater Mode. We can all post our extremely varied speedtest results, only to find that it makes no sense. The bottleneck resides in BLOPS and nothing you do can fix how bad the lag affects the game.

How can this be proven? If you play COD4 or MW2, they consistently run great. I'm actually really looking forward to MW3.

LeMaximilian said:
I think it's pretty damn obvious to everyone playing BLOPS that there's severe issues with the netcode/lag/connectivity, as much as Treyarch wants to deny or blame it on Theater Mode.

Why can't it be both? Why can't it be that having the servers save everyone's past games has a detrimental effect on the sever quality compared to past CoD games?

And before everyone brings it up, you don't see nearly as many issues with Halo servers because the small bullet/melee damage leads to fewer annoying deaths.

EDIT:
1127794140.png

tsigo

LeMaximilian said:
I'm actually really looking forward to MW3.

I'll remain highly dubious. Regardless of how much Activision insists they've replaced the lost talent, that is just not the same company it once was. Also even if it were the same company I'd need some pretty significant innovations to get me interested, as the CoD4 formula is getting a little stale, as good as it is.

tsigo said:
I'll remain highly dubious. Regardless of how much Activision insists they've replaced the lost talent, that is just not the same company it once was. Also even if it were the same company I'd need some pretty significant innovations to get me interested, as the CoD4 formula is getting a little stale, as good as it is.

Agreed on all counts.

I'm very curious to see how Crysis and Brink turn out (I'm actually really looking forward to getting back to the states this weekend and checking out the Crysis demo). I just hope that the masses are starting to get tired of it too; no matter how good those other games are, if the majority of people don't bother to check them out, they're going to fail.

I still wish Transformers WFC had caught on last summer. That game was so good.

Mikasangelos said:
give this game dedicated servers and id still be playing it.

It had a couple of other issues too, mainly regarding perk balance at the different levels, but I think the main reason it died was because of the massive learning/skill curve. Even skilled FPSers struggled when they first started playing that game. But that's what made it so satisfying to master. In a way, I'm actually more proud of leaving that game having maxed out all levels in all classes with an overall 2.0 K/D than I am with my 2.1 K/D in Blops.

KingOfSoap said:
Doesn't look like it, cleaned it with cloth, still doesn't work.

Borrow a mates disk and install it to your hard drive. Then just chuck yours in. Doesn't matter whether your copy is scratched, it'll just verify its a genuine disk and play fine.

I got curious and watched three of your films that you have on file share. If that's what you call "run and gunning" you are sadly mistaken my friend. Maybe you uploaded these clips because you wanted to show someone on the other team being bad or stupid, I know I have one of Randomdugg on Grid, but you have some huge balls trying to say you are a good player. Looking at your recent games it looks like you average 14 kills a match in TDM with like a 3 K/D for the week. Good job!

If you are going to try and talk shit about the films in my file share make sure the ones you have up aren't garbage

I didn't once look at your file share. And I never said look at mine. Like you assumed, my fileshare is full of amusing clips or times where I single-handedly wrecked a team and caused them to ragequit. My fileshare clips are months old. (I rate that Eckmano=OWNED clip though, I pulled us back from a huge deficit and won the match with two kills to spare.)

Like I clearly said in my previous post, look at a few of my recent games. The 24 - 1, 25- 1 etc's, to get a fair idea of my play-style. I think we'd match up pretty well. And you without your boyfriends would be a different story. ; )

Just saw this on Twitter from Hutch:

@TheIMightyHutch said:
@DavidVonderhaar Thanks for bringing YY back, you're a bro. Nothing's shittier than pumping rounds in a shotty and getting crept up on.

So is YY back already? Or is that just promised for a future patch?

Xux

buy teh haloz said:
What's YY?

Cancelling the reload animation after the ammo counter resets and before the animation finishes by hitting the change weapon button twice. You can also cancel it with meleeing or sprinting but triangle-triangle is faster.

Xux said:
Cancelling the reload animation after the ammo counter resets and before the animation finishes by hitting the change weapon button twice. You can also cancel it with meleeing or sprinting but triangle-triangle is faster.
Oh right, I usually just use sprint.

Xux said:

Melee cancelling is generally a really bad idea as you often end up being vulnerable for longer than the reload would have taken to finish. Cancelling into sprint is fine if you plan on sprinting, but if you want to get right into action, YY is the only real way to go.

You can compare the difference in the DenKirson stats; it's the difference between Reload and Add times on his charts.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/

3ur4zn said:
Borrow a mates disk and install it to your hard drive. Then just chuck yours in. Doesn't matter whether your copy is scratched, it'll just verify its a genuine disk and play fine.

I didn't once look at your file share. And I never said look at mine. Like you assumed, my fileshare is full of amusing clips or times where I single-handedly wrecked a team and caused them to ragequit. My fileshare clips are months old. (I rate that Eckmano=OWNED clip though, I pulled us back from a huge deficit and won the match with two kills to spare.)

Like I clearly said in my previous post, look at a few of my recent games. The 24 - 1, 25- 1 etc's, to get a fair idea of my play-style. I think we'd match up pretty well. And you without your boyfriends would be a different story. ; )
How did you watch my games without looking at my fileshare? Is there a way to download recent games I'm unaware of?

Also it would be a junior who would make a gay joke and assume only guys play the game.

Combat Record > Matches > Press RB.

It lists your last 100 matches and allows me to watch them. For instance, your most recent match was a Domination on Launch.

Also, I went back and checked out my old fileshare games... and, well, I can completely understand why you were mortally offended. :lol: I think I'll delete them. Haha, they were early December videos. It's Australia Day here today so my last few matches have been drunken "pass the controller' round affairs, but if you go back a few games you can see me at my best. Like I said, I think we'd be a fair match.

3ur4zn said:
Combat Record > Matches > Press RB.

It lists your last 100 matches and allows me to watch them. For instance, your most recent match was a Domination on Launch.

Also known as "creepy stats stalker mode."

I'd suggest more time playing, less time doing unsolicited watching and critiquing the gameplay of others. Just my opinion.

divisionbyzorro said:

I'd suggest more time playing, less time doing unsolicited watching and critiquing the gameplay of others. Just my opinion.

It's a public profile, which is easily found with... what, 3 button clicks? He had earlier gloated about his skills, so when he posted a screenshot I added his GT and had a look for myself. Hardly stalking.

divisionbyzorro said:

I'm glad I don't even know about it, I only go back and watch replays when I'm like "how the fuck did that happen?" Like getting killed by a care package.

I feel like 3ur wont make it much farther in his gaf career.

Also posting a screenshot of how bad my team was isn't the same as posting a ss of how good I am.

cuevas said:
Also posting a screenshot of how bad my team was isn't the same as posting a ss of how good I am.

Huh? The only reason I referenced that screenshot was because it's how I added your GT. Clearly, a single screenshot of a single game with zero context is indicative of nothing.

Anyway, moving on:

Xbox code remains in PS3 version of BO after 1.06 patch

C&VG said:
As you probably know, Treyarch released the PS3 Black Ops Patch 1.06 yesterday in an attempt to address online issues with the FPS on the Sony console.

Judging by an image that's emerged on the internet though, someone somewhere along the line has gotten a little bit confused.

A Black Ops PS3 user on the Call of Duty forums has drawn people's attention to text written under the multiplayer game mode Search and Destroy info which reads "No Xbox LIVE party chat."

We didn't assume there would be.

What the implications of the gaff are exactly, we're not sure, but it seems like Activision and Treyarch just can't seem to get it quite right for PS3 users.

Gaming lobby group Gamers' Voice claimed on Monday that Activision was 'treating PS3 and PC Black Ops players like game testers', after complaints were raised over the game's buggy nature on the platforms.

In fact, that's the reason Patch 1.06 was released in the first place. It seems like we're not quite out of the woods yet.

3ur4zn said:
It's a public profile you muppet, which is easily found with... what, 3 button clicks? He had earlier gloated about his skills, so when he posted a screenshot I added his GT and had a look for myself. Hardly stalking.

Considering you've posted in this thread more than double anyone else with you haphazard and limp-wristed COD-obs, I'm reaching for the irony goggles. Trust me, the only reason I haven't yet called you out on your worthless input was purely due to your bog-standard, woefully uninspiring posting style.

Besides, if your pre-stated 2.1kd is accurate, the fact I've maintained a superior ratio whilst "stalking" ocean-separated internet celebrities is cause for congratulation. Just my opinion, mate.

You know that juniors don't get temp bans, they get permabans, right? Keep that in mind if you survive that post.

I'll be getting them for my brother-in-law(he's only 16). I'll get used to the maps so I can have a bit of a leg up whenever they come out on the PS3. Wonder if they'll do a double-xp weekend to coincide with the first weekend of the map pack...hopefully us PS3 guys will get it too if they have one.

3ur4zn said:
The 24 - 1, 25- 1 etc's, to get a fair idea of my play-style. I think we'd match up pretty well.

You're a camper. You're right, I'd run right past you sitting prone because I would think you are a dead body since you're so still. I fast forwarded through those two games and your big killstreaks, that got you your kills ,you got most of the kills sitting around one house.

You also seem to struggle with getting kills past 15 yards in front of you and you rely heavily on hip fire.

TimeLike

MarshMellow96 said:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Who's buying the maps on Tuesday?

MEEEEEEEEE!! I can't wait. They look like great fun and I'm eager to see how the snow bridge and the autoturrets work. See you on the ziplines!!

vhfive

MarshMellow96 said:
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Who's buying the maps on Tuesday?
I'm going to wait and see GAFs reaction to them first but I'll probably end up getting them anyway.

Have they announced plans for double exp playlists or weekends

vhfive

TestOfTide said:
does anyone here want to play TDM? I keep trying to play with gaf players but people don't seem to be playing CoD at the same times as me.
send me a message (or FR) to vhfive if you're playing. I'm getting on now

cuevas said:
You're a camper. You're right, I'd run right past you sitting prone because I would think you are a dead body since you're so still. I fast forwarded through those two games and your big killstreaks, that got you your kills ,you got most of the kills sitting around one house.

You also seem to struggle with getting kills past 15 yards in front of you and you rely heavily on hip fire.

You guys should whip out your dicks and make out already.

Top Bottom