• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

kuYuri

Ogs said:
Yeah what Sandman said, it took out a car which took out a guy, those count towards the next killstreak for some reason :)

Didn't notice the card exploding symbol in the killfeed, good stuff!

aku:jiki

_Alkaline_ said:
The netcode is just fucked these days. So much lag.
I just came here to ask, actually. Is it me (and my friends) or has the lag gotten worse than ever this past week? It doesn't happen in every match, but lately both me and my friends have been suffering some of the worst lag we've ever seen in any game. It's like playing modern games on a 56k modem, seriously...

You know the situation where some guy is chasing you, you duck into a room and hide behind a piece of unfair cover to get the drop on him and kill him before he can get a chance to shoot you? That tactic never fails - just as long as you don't pick the same cover as everybody always does - as I'm sure we all know. This last week, people have been consistently killing me every single time I do this! Every time! People will just suddenly appear in front of me, their character wildly spraying everywhere and I just die immediately, as if they were holding a shotgun.

Not only that, but lately I've had so many situations where I come up behind a guy and I have to literally go through 3/4 of the mag before I even begin to get damage markers - no, not figuratively 3/4, truly literally 3/4 of the clip! How the hell can it lag that much? What's going on with this game and how can this be affecting my friends too? My friends and I aren't even in the same country! This makes no sense and we really don't like the fact that we have to play MW2 to play together without losing our damn minds right now... :(

Lionheart1827 said:
Haha his laugh cracked me up at the end
Haha yeah, I hadn't watched the whole thing when I posted. That's actually kind of poignant, what he says at the end.

He also makes it obvious that it's him when he loses control of the act and gets all hypered up about halfway through - gotta love good old PRES. :D

Magik

I think one of the reasons why the netcode continues to get worse over time, at least on the PS3, is because of all the hotfixes Treyarch has been implementing.

Controller input for instance. Yesterday morning, everything was fine, but later in the afternoon, it would take a whole second for the game to react to any input from my controller. There are people on the CoD forums that can attest to it.

Magik said:
Controller input for instance. Yesterday morning, everything was fine, but later in the afternoon, it would take a whole second for the game to react to any input from my controller. There are people on the CoD forums that can attest to it.
Isn't that part directly related to the lag? I recall someone(Max maybe?) making a great suggestion. Fire off a bullet as soon as a game starts, then hit reload. The time it takes to actually begin the animation is the amount of delay you'll encounter versus the host or someone with a good connection with the host.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
aku:jiki said:
I just came here to ask, actually. Is it me (and my friends) or has the lag gotten worse than ever this past week? It doesn't happen in every match, but lately both me and my friends have been suffering some of the worst lag we've ever seen in any game. It's like playing modern games on a 56k modem, seriously...

I had a whole session of shitty games Friday morning but that night and the rest of the weekend it was fine in-game.

I would get crazy controller input delays in the lobby between games though. I also had trouble staying in my friends party. I started getting a new error message about there needing to be at least one non-guest account or some shit.

Otherwise this was a good weekend for me because I managed to unlock Ghost Pro, Sleight of Hand Pro, and Ninja Pro.

Ninja is the worst for me because it forces you to play Demolition which is nothing but a bunch of high level scrubs camping spawn points and spamming targets with explosives.

Why does it feel like my team always tries to lose the game?

2ahcv1j.jpg

cuevas said:
Why does it feel like my team always tries to lose the game?

It feels a lot worse with CTF when your teammates don't think to try and cut off a flag runner somewhere on his obvious pass, like the bottom floor of radiation.

PS: Newmanizor

Kotomi said:
What are you talking about? Your team clearly did better than the enemy.

I think this is sarcasm...right? They got the first cap and got 3 combined defends the rest of the game.

Not to mention it was 4v5 the whole match, thanks Treyarch.

CTF is a mess because of Treyarch making flag captures a requirement for Marathon Pro. All anyone does on CTF is camp the other team's base and see who can get the flag first.

Hardcore CTF is a nightmare with people TK'ing so they can get a flag capture towards Marathon Pro.

LowParry

AnEternalEnigma said:
CTF is a mess because of Treyarch making flag captures a requirement for Marathon Pro. All anyone does on CTF is camp the other team's base and see who can get the flag first.

Hardcore CTF is a nightmare with people TK'ing so they can get a flag capture towards Marathon Pro.

Which makes it easier to find the campers, kill, and run back because no one cares about getting your own flag. Marathon Pro is pretty fucking awesome btw. :D

kuYuri

AnEternalEnigma said:

And this is why I play with friends.

AnEternalEnigma said:

Yeah, and all anyone did in MW2 was camp their own flag to try to get killstreaks. Personally I find CTF in Black Ops to be infinitely more playable than the MW2 version.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I miss the infinite caps from MW2. It was fun to go into a game with a full team and win by 20 caps.
.. It would also make getting Marathon Pro easier if it were still that way.

user_nat said:
I miss the infinite caps from MW2. It was fun to go into a game with a full team and win by 20 caps.
.. It would also make getting Marathon Pro easier if it were still that way.

I do miss the infinite caps, but I don't miss the kill marker on the minimap.

Magik

BigBlue1974 said:
Isn't that part directly related to the lag? I recall someone(Max maybe?) making a great suggestion. Fire off a bullet as soon as a game starts, then hit reload. The time it takes to actually begin the animation is the amount of delay you'll encounter versus the host or someone with a good connection with the host.

Bah, I should have been more clearer. What I was referring to was the controller input in the lobby outside of the game. Trying to go through my playercard had a noticeable lag.

jedimike

I don't know what pisses me off more... consistently getting 3 bars (on a 12d/2u 15ms internet connection), getting in lobbies that never fill, sitting in lobbies that finally start but some douchebag backs out so teams relevel and countdown restarts, or getting placed on a team of all newbs against the MLG all stars.

FFFFFUUUUU!!!!!

cuevas said:
I think this is sarcasm...right? They got the first cap and got 3 combined defends the rest of the game.

Not to mention it was 4v5 the whole match, thanks Treyarch.

I watched a few of your games just before, and to whoever labelled Cuevas one of GAF's best COD players is selling everyone else short. And considering your arrogant attitude in this thread... :lol:.

Your stats are good, clearly, but I'm not far behind on the kd front and considering you always play with friends, I think that explains your good win/loss ratio. But as as out and out player, I'd wipe the floor with you. I attempted to add you on Live, (I'm Mogg0), but no need to add me, I just wanted to get access to your stats.

Would love to play you anytime mate.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Sigh.. I am the greatest player on GAF.

Didn't know it was up for debate.

Top 50 maybe.

You know what would be cool? Some form of 1v1 tournament. Obviously it would never really work due to the inevitable scheduling difficulties. Would be interesting though.

luoapp

user_nat said:
Sigh.. I am the greatest player on GAF.

Didn't know it was up for debate.

Top 50 maybe.

You know what would be cool? Some form of 1v1 tournament. Obviously it would never really work due to the inevitable host advantage/disadvantage. Would be interesting though.
ftfy

Thought this was worthy of a reposting. From the BO Forums:

zackyd said:
the sr71 blackbird

why the hell can it not be shot down and can see **** everything... what the hell is the counter to that damn killstreak besides another killstreak??????

TheWhiteVixen said:
Why you mad?

zackyd said:
i see it come up and i'm like ya free point than its no where to be found,after which i find out you can't hide from it... way to **** over stealth player treyarch.. lets just say if i see any member of the dev team in real life i'm going **** rail them right in jaw and see how they like that

Watulio said:
counter to Blackbird

Counter spy plane. U jelly?

TheWhiteVixen said:
Yeah you mad. :3

Hahahaha.

3ur4zn said:
I watched a few of your games just before, and to whoever labelled Cuevas one of GAF's best COD players is selling everyone else short. And considering your arrogant attitude in this thread... :lol:.

Your stats are good, clearly, but I'm not far behind on the kd front and considering you always play with friends, I think that explains your good win/loss ratio. But as as out and out player, I'd wipe the floor with you. I attempted to add you on Live, (I'm Mogg0), but no need to add me, I just wanted to get access to your stats.

Would love to play you anytime mate.
Didn't know it was a gafer, ill accept. And I don't think anyone has ever said I'm one of the best here. I'm probably the cockiest and hard headed. 1v1 doesn't mean shit either, camping in a corner with motion sensor and going 5-1 in a 1v1 is lol.

And I'm happy with my stats. Could I have a 4 K/D? Easily but it's not fun just sitting waiting for people to finish a killstreak. You can see that in some of the replays I have in my file share. I just find it a lot more satisfying running into 5 enemies fragging them one at a time.

3ur4zn said:
Thought this was worthy of a reposting. From the BO Forums:

Hahahaha.

It isn't impossible to deal with an enemy Blackbird, but it's certainly difficult. I run with a Counter Spy Plane when I'm actively flanking just for this purpose (plus it saves me from having to run Ghost as well).

cuevas said:
Didn't know it was a gafer, ill accept. And I don't think anyone has ever said I'm one of the best here. I'm probably the cockiest and hard headed. 1v1 doesn't mean shit either, camping in a corner with motion sensor and going 5-1 in a 1v1 is lol.

And I'm happy with my stats. Could I have a 4 K/D? Easily but it's not fun just sitting waiting for people to finish a killstreak. You can see that in some of the replays I have in my file share. I just find it a lot more satisfying running into 5 enemies fragging them one at a time.

I'm also a run and gunner, evidenced in my last few 24 - 1, 25 - 1, and 8 - 1 or so.

When I said I wanted to play you, never said 1 v 1. I agree that 1 v 1 isn't telling when you have all those killstreaks to play with, but a barebones 1 v 1 might be a bit of fun haha? Still, I can't see it working very well, considering you're a Yank and I'm in Australia. One of us would be getting screwed connection-wise either way.

Having watched a few of your games, saying you could maintain a 4kd is... interesting.

divisionbyzorro said:
It isn't impossible to deal with an enemy Blackbird, but it's certainly difficult. I run with a Counter Spy Plane when I'm actively flanking just for this purpose (plus it saves me from having to run Ghost as well).

That thread did teach me something, which is that a decoy grenade will show up as a red arrow on the minimap. Interesting!

3ur4zn said:
I'm also a run and gunner, evidenced in my last few 24 - 1, 25 - 1, and 8 - 1 or so.

When I said I wanted to play you, never said 1 v 1. I agree that 1 v 1 isn't telling when you have all those killstreaks to play with, but a barebones 1 v 1 might be a bit of fun haha? Still, I can't see it working very well, considering you're a Yank and I'm in Australia. One of us would be getting screwed connection-wise either way.

Having watched a few of your games, saying you could maintain a 4kd is... interesting.

It's the same way most people I encounter who have a 2 K/D and are just awful. They sit in a room and go 8-4 and are happy with that. Not very hard.

Also I play mostly domination and I couldn't care less about my KD in that.

aku:jiki

So did some patch just nerf the shit out of the chopper gunner or is it the lag I'm experiencing lately? I equipped it for the first time in like a month the other day, and every time I get it, it takes forever to kill people with it and everybody has ample time to run away. A good CG for me used to be like 15+ kills, now I get 3 if I'm lucky! What the hell?

They've also made it impossible to aim the very edges of the spawn on Nuketown... That's fair for the people on the ground, sure, but how the fuck is it fair for the person in the chopper gunner? :( (Now that I think about it, maybe it always did that when you launch it on one specific side. Oh well, still sucks!)

divisionbyzorro said:
Yeah, and all anyone did in MW2 was camp their own flag to try to get killstreaks. Personally I find CTF in Black Ops to be infinitely more playable than the MW2 version.
Yeah, but in MW2 it wasn't a problem because nothing forced you to play the shit.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Still having problems uploading clips from my 360 to COD.com and Youtube after following all the tutorials. Is it because I have a 4GB Slim with no hard drive?

henhowc said:
Still having problems uploading clips from my 360 to COD.com and Youtube after following all the tutorials. Is it because I have a 4GB Slim with no hard drive?

Have you sacrificed a firstborn goat at midnight under a full moon?

kuYuri

Full PS3 patch notes:

1/25/11 (Patch 1.06)
New Features:
# • New contracts added to the rotation.
# • Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.

Issues Addressed:
# • Fixed freeze associated with larger games.
# • Improved reliability of players connections to one another.
# • Improved ability to bring parties to the game lobby. Late party joiners would try to connect to previous lobby host and be denied if new joiners trigger a lobby host migration.
# • Addressed an issue where the Host encounters and infinite spinning loading circle after a Host migration.
# • Fixed a timing specific, long/infinite loading screen when joining games (sometimes giving you “Error - Read error (0x80010713) on file <map name>").
# • Fixed a timing-specific freeze when host powered down during host migration.
# • Cleaned up the map search filter in the Community section (deleted unused entries).
# • Fixed Combat Training’s "USE FRIENDS" option for bots names.
# • Fixed issue with split-screen guest profile names being blank, resulting in matches never launching.
# • Instead of showing the generic “Player” for offline profiles in LAN, we now display the PS3 profile name.
# • Fixed Friends list appearing after viewing a Friends Playercard from the Leaderboards.
# • Fixed filter so players can now view Friends on Zombies leadboards.
# • Fix timing specific issue where the game can be put into slow motion.
# • Addressed "disconnected path" error when using the doors in Radiation after a host migration.
# • Fixed stability issues navigating lobbies after client on Split Screen Zombies quits out of a game.
# • Addressed issue/exploit when removing Counter Spy Plane effects with the Jammer.
# • Fixed a freeze when quickly loading maps one after another in private match.
# • Fixed issue where players get primary weapons in Second Chance.
# • Fixed “NEW” stamp not disappearing for Custom Slot 9 when highlighting the slot.
# • Removed water vision effect when respawning after dying in the acid pool in Radiation.
# • Several contract fixes.

Gameplay Tuning:
# • Second Chance – players that put an enemy into Second Chance are now credited for a full kill once that enemy dies. If another player kills the enemy while the enemy is in Second Chance, they will get assist credit.
# • Adjustments to the PSG1 with attachments.
# • AK74U adjustments.
# • RCXD adjustments.
# • Silenced sniper rifle adjustments.
# • Removed hit markers when shooting friendly equipment.

kuYuri

buy teh haloz said:
What are the AK-74u/RC-XD tweaks?

RC-XD should be reduced damage and reduced speed. You should still die from a RC-XD easily, but Flak Jacket users should survive a blast easily now.

This is what Vahn said about AK74u some weeks ago:

We think the AK74U grip variant re-center speed is too quick. Although the tuning in line with other grip variant weapons, the gun itself has a very perfectible kick and other attributes or attachments that make it a popular weapon to use. We have slightly de-tuned the AK74u grip for version 1.06.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
jedimike said:
I don't know what pisses me off more... consistently getting 3 bars (on a 12d/2u 15ms internet connection), getting in lobbies that never fill, sitting in lobbies that finally start but some douchebag backs out so teams relevel and countdown restarts, or getting placed on a team of all newbs against the MLG all stars.

FFFFFUUUUU!!!!!

:(

Played a little this morning after installing the patch. Feels so nice to finally get the credit for dropping someone! One thing I haven't confirmed yet is if I drop someone into second chance, then die myself before they die, does their eventual death count towards my next killstreak?

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
My xbox tipped over last night while I was playing Black ops, now the disc is unreadable. I don't get it, other games work fine. Anyone got this before? Anybody got an idea what happened inside my xbox while it tipped? My xbox seems fine, but I think I need a new disc to play now...

Miggytronz

KingOfSoap said:
My xbox tipped over last night while I was playing Black ops, now the disc is unreadable. I don't get it, other games work fine. Anyone got this before? Anybody got an idea what happened inside my xbox while it tipped? My xbox seems fine, but I think I need a new disc to play now...

is your disk scratched?

Top Bottom