• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Splinter

When a map pack comes out, does the matchmaking recognize it and make sure it puts you in the new maps often? Is their a playlist devoted to the new maps for a while? Or am I going to have to just keep backing out until I get the map I want?

Splinter said:
When a map pack comes out, does the matchmaking recognize it and make sure it puts you in the new maps often? Is their a playlist devoted to the new maps for a while? Or am I going to have to just keep backing out until I get the map I want?
There will be map pack only playlists at least for the first two months.

So many 'Soooooooo's, haha.

I've purchased the new(?) 1200 points retail card, so I'm spending £8.99 instead of £12.75 on points I don't need. The amount of time I put into the game - even though I'm only 35 or so levels through 4th prestige - sort of justifies the purchase for me personally.

luoapp

KingOfSoap said:
ye, big rings :/ got any idea how to fix it? I mailed activision, but no reply yet.

I've heard some of those "how to fix your scratched dvd" tutorials do work. Why don't you ask in the gaming forum? Activision couldn't care less, they've got your money.

tuco11

"There will be map pack only playlists at least for the first two months."

Sweet!

I hope they keep it like World at War where you could play HTDM new maps only. I hated the way Modern Warefare 2 intergrated it's map packs.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Hyunkel6 said:
Did Treyarch say anything about how the matchmaking will be for those who don't buy the map pack? Not like WaW I hope...
It won't be like World at War — from David Vonderhaar's Twitter:

random guy said:
People with the map pack wont be mixed with people who don't, right? That was very annoying in WaW.
Vonderhaar said:
Short answer: No. But we can't stop someone from joining on a friend who has DLC when he is not playing a DLC map (etc, all).

cuevas said:
So I went there.

mago killstreak (had to cut first kill because it was too long) from a game that he says defines how he plays

a killstreak from my last game

So what was special about those videos? It looked like yet another person using ARs to get a nice streak.

This is why I don't enjoy most of the black-ops videos from people like ELPRASADOR and seannanners (excluding ghost pro): THey are always either videos of ARs or videos of AK74s, and half the time they are the result of abusing the spawning system of domination.

Now if you managed to get a nice 9-11 killstreak with an Uzi, or a Stakeout, or a semi-auto AR, then that would be very interesting.

TestOfTide said:
So what was special about those videos? It looked like yet another person using ARs to get a nice streak.

There was nothing special about either, the first was mine, the second his, and I assume he wanted to compare our playstyle. He thinks I camped for the first killstreak. I've PM'd him now so our little feud doesn't shit up this thread anymore.

On the topic of the map-packs, it's good to see Treyarch redacted their WaW tactic of enticing people to buy the maps. That was intentional.

Mileena

Banned
AK74u: not really different at all
RC: lol who knows/cares. Flak Jacket ftw.

Connection feels the same as before too, doubt they actually tried to fix anything there.

divisionbyzorro said:
So for our brethren on the PS3: are the AK-74u and RC-XD tweaks noticeable? Or is it minor enough to not really make a difference?

From what I've heard, the 74u tweaks only affect the gun when its got grip and steady aim perks attached. Otherwise it's no different.

Nizz

divisionbyzorro said:
So for our brethren on the PS3: are the AK-74u and RC-XD tweaks noticeable? Or is it minor enough to not really make a difference?
Posting from my PS3 right now (I hate virtual keyboard ). About to play now but I played last night and didn't seem to notice much of a change. Well , I remember one round where I had Flak Jacket and one of those pests (RC-XD) exploded near me and I was still ok. They were still as annoying as ever. Gonna try again now (whew, god damn virtual keyboard) lol...

3ur4zn said:
From what I've heard, the 74u tweaks only affect the gun when its got grip and steady aim perks attached. Otherwise it's no different.

So steady aim was part of the equation too? I was under the impression they were just tweaking the grip. Interesting.

But it sounds like it's not a big difference at all. Not enough to convince people to try any of the other SMGs (not that anyone would with the ammo starvation problem).

ScrubJay

The 74u tweak had to do with the center speed after each shot with grip, basically it increased recoil with the grip and made it more noticeable when using rapid fire. Grip + Rapid fire wasn't doing much for me anyway, I transitioned to Silencer + Extended mags and have had much more fun with that, it's much better for me on ghost classes than any given silenced assault rifle. Extended mags is great for those situations where you find three guys in a room.

divisionbyzorro said:
So steady aim was part of the equation too? I was under the impression they were just tweaking the grip. Interesting.

But it sounds like it's not a big difference at all. Not enough to convince people to try any of the other SMGs (not that anyone would with the ammo starvation problem).

I agreed with the people saying leave the 47u alone and beef up the other SMG's. They fucking neutered the MP5 with ridiculous, unpredictable kick, and the rest of them feel like pea-shooters. I don't mind the MPL, but it's useless after about 10 feet.

Haha! From Vahn's Twitter:

@DavidVonderhaar said:
My co-worker wants me to make a Nuketown only playlist with 1/2 XP for a limited time engagement. I am not sure this is a good idea.

I'm not convinced it's that bad of an idea. Shove all of the Nuketown lovers into one playlist and I'll never have to play it again! :)

EDIT: And to prevent a double post, the achievements for the new zombie map: http://www.callofduty.com/intel/439

The Eagle has Landers (35G) – In Ascension, escape on all three lunar landers.

They are going THROUGH! (35G) – In Ascension, kill at least 5 zombies with 1 Gersch device.

Space Race (45G) – In Ascension, Pack-a-Punch a weapon before round 8.

Chimp on the Barbie (35G) – In Ascension, kill a space monkey with a fire trap.

KingOfSoap

Neo Member
Brian Fellows said:
If you can't fix it and are from the U.S. or Canada I can hook you up.

I am from Europe, thanks anyway. Will bring the disc to the game shop and tell them to buff/repair it, that will prolly work.

vhfive

divisionbyzorro said:
Haha! From Vahn's Twitter:

I'm not convinced it's that bad of an idea. Shove all of the Nuketown lovers into one playlist and I'll never have to play it again! :)
yes please
the only map worse than Nuketown is Hanoi (seriously fuck that map)

Yeah, just got prompted for it then too.

Does anyone have the glitch where, no matter whether or not you have 'LOAD MULTIPLAYER BY DEFAULT' enabled, it stills boots it up from the main menu? Fucking annoying.

3ur4zn said:

Does anyone have the glitch where, no matter whether or not you have 'LOAD MULTIPLAYER BY DEFAULT' enabled, it stills boots it up from the main menu? Fucking annoying.

Yep. The Treyarch folks have been tweeted at a few times about it but I haven't seen a response. It's annoying...now that 'boot to game' has been fixed on the xbox this doesn't work.

It does work if you just put the disc in after the system is on, but for some reason you still can't have your BlopsBox when you turn it on.

ScrubJay said:
The 74u tweak had to do with the center speed after each shot with grip, basically it increased recoil with the grip and made it more noticeable when using rapid fire. Grip + Rapid fire wasn't doing much for me anyway, I transitioned to Silencer + Extended mags and have had much more fun with that, it's much better for me on ghost classes than any given silenced assault rifle. Extended mags is great for those situations where you find three guys in a room.

So is it bad enough that using rapid fire now basically cancels out having the grip on?

That's the combo I use for my rushing class when I really want to push objectives, but I haven't had a chance to test it after the patch. If it's ruined, sad panda :(

kuYuri

3ur4zn said:

When the game first came out, it happened to me once or twice, but hasn't happened since.

I just played my first post-patch game. I put two enemies into Second Chance in a Headquarters game. Both times, my teammates stole the kills. Both times, I only got assists.

What the fuck?

TimeLike

The patch worked for me. Got the credit for Second Chance kills every time. AK74u definitely feels different. I use grip and extended mags and long distance shots were not as accurate. I could feel a bigger bounce when firing short bursts at range. I always run FlakJacket but no RCXDs got close to me today yet. So haven't been able to test that yet.

Major thumbs up to Treyarch for the whole Second Chance kill/assist thing. One less frustrating element to deal with.

TimeLike

Not sure if the second chance thing is only on TDM/FFA. I played TDM and it worked. Then I played a couple rounds of CTF, but I don't remember specifically if any of my second chance kills were during those CTF rounds. It all kinda blurs together like European castle interiors.

TimeLike said:
The patch worked for me. Got the credit for Second Chance kills every time. AK74u definitely feels different. I use grip and extended mags and long distance shots were not as accurate. I could feel a bigger bounce when firing short bursts at range. I always run FlakJacket but no RCXDs got close to me today yet. So haven't been able to test that yet.

Major thumbs up to Treyarch for the whole Second Chance kill/assist thing. One less frustrating element to deal with.

But what about shotties?

X26

Banned
just turned the game on for the first time in a few days (dead space 2, so good), and got an 11mb patch, what's it do?

Top Bottom