• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

DRE Fei

Right on the eve of the map pack release too. This game must be cursed. I guess activision's deal with the devil just ran out or something because it seems like every time there's a patch, it breaks something else. Maybe this shit was there all along? I don't even know.

sweetvar26 said:
Post update, AK74u feels really different with Steady Aim Pro on.

is it idle sway?

EDIT:
Xux said:
I thought Vahn tweeted that it was included. I was running with the Stakeout last night for a bit and never got left with anyone in last stand.

Here's the tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/DavidVonderhaar/status/29890676535599106

Sucks that this happens right before I leave for 3 months, but at least I know when I come back I get to enjoy my olympia even more.

luoapp

hamchan said:
Holy Crap! I'm surprised something like this wasn't discovered sooner. I think....I think I'll go try it a bit, see if it works for me on PC.

I have a feeling it's related to the second chance patch.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
luoapp said:
I have a feeling it's related to the second chance patch.
Almost certainly. There's no way it would've gone undiscovered this long otherwise — people find everything.

DRE Fei

tsigo said:
Wow. Just wow. Doubt it can be hotfixed. Enjoy that cert process, boys!
I think Jason West and Vince Zampella have a black ops shaped voodoo doll that they just jam an icepick into at random times.

VALKYRAY said:
boring. you think these clips are special to you, but it's just average for a lot of people.
you are terrible. don't get mad, it's a fact.

It's two different players. Taken out of context. Both with 2.16 and 2.5kds respectively. How hard is it to read? They weren't chosen to demonstrate how good the players were, they were uploaded because Cuevas wanted to compare how we earned our killstreaks.

I don't really like Cuevas, but to deny he's a good player would be ridiculous. Similarly, my stats suggest I'm far from terrible. But hey, keep up the hyperbole. The further you go the other way, the more desperate you look.

Add me anytime VALKYRAY.

GT: Mogg0

VALKYRAY said:
boring. you think these clips are special to you, but it's just average for a lot of people.
you are terrible. don't get mad, it's a fact.
I really don't understand why you had to respond in such a negative way, why post anything if it isn't friendly? If hes proud enough to upload the clips, who really cares, let him be happy. Never understood these uncalled for replies that come up on gaf

X26

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
It's hard to tell, but for Stadium, can you actually go to the ice rink or is it all outside?

think you can go into the concourse, but not the rink/seating area

which sucks, as an entirely indoor map would be a great change of pace not to mention the setting would have been awesome so that if nothing else we could re-enact some van damme sudden death goodness

kilongs

Damn, that dead man glitch explains what was happening to me last night. I would spawn with the red damage overlay already there. I thought maybe it was just a graphical error, but if I'm actually still receiving damage from my dead body then that blows. How long do your dead bodies stick around. Would waiting for the full kill cam sequence to play out circumvent this glitch?

mf.luder

Report says banhammer came down for ps3 cheaters. Can any one find a legit news report for this? I'm at work and can't peruse my normal bookmarks.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i wish there was a new gamemode where if you dont move for 30 secs you are a dot on the radar, would bring chaos and no campers! whos with me! *crickets8

SumPog

Neo Member
Tiduz said:
i wish there was a new gamemode where if you dont move for 30 secs you are a dot on the radar, would bring chaos and no campers! whos with me! *crickets8

I don't think I've ever encountered someone staying in the exact same spot for more then 30 seconds on Black Ops yet. Of course it's hard to tell, but you'd assume that no one does it because it requires a lot of patience which will probably land you down on the scorecard with a small amount of kills.

hamchan

SumPog said:
I don't think I've ever encountered someone staying in the exact same spot for more then 30 seconds on Black Ops yet. Of course it's hard to tell, but you'd assume that no one does it because it requires a lot of patience which will probably land you down on the scorecard with a small amount of kills.

Also, isn't it pretty hard to camp? A lot of rooms have multiple entry points so it's hard to cover all of them. I've felt it's kinda unsafe to camp.

SumPog

Neo Member
hamchan said:
Also, isn't it pretty hard to camp? A lot of rooms have multiple entry points so it's hard to cover all of them. I've felt it's kinda unsafe to camp.

Yeah, altogether it's a silly idea that doesn't exhibit any fun from the game. If you were dying to go flawless in a match or something, then I guess that's the only legit reason to do it.

kilongs said:
Damn, that dead man glitch explains what was happening to me last night. I would spawn with the red damage overlay already there. I thought maybe it was just a graphical error, but if I'm actually still receiving damage from my dead body then that blows. How long do your dead bodies stick around. Would waiting for the full kill cam sequence to play out circumvent this glitch?
I was blaming bad spawns and getting shot right away

I've been getting a few chopper gunners tonight, and every single one seems to get taken down almost immediately. Good on the other team, granted, but it makes the CG and gunship kinda worthless killstreaks.

So what about if the gunships needed three rockets to be taken down? It would promote team-work for the opposition, and give the player who's earned the killstreak time to earn his just reward from the 9/11 killstreak...

Just a thought.

luoapp

3ur4zn said:
I've been getting a few chopper gunners tonight, and every single one seems to get taken down almost immediately. Good on the other team, granted, but it makes the CG and gunship kinda worthless killstreaks.

So what about if the gunships needed three rockets to be taken down? It would promote team-work for the opposition, and give the player who's earned the killstreak time to earn his just reward from the 9/11 killstreak...

Just a thought.

I don't know. Before I see any Treyarch statistics, can't say for sure if some weapon/killstreak is overpowered or underpowered. But I do hope the killsteak setup can be changed during the game.

For your reading pleasure:

BO Forums said:
HELLO TREYARCH I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE BANNING PEOPLE FOR HACKING BUT THERES A MISTAKE YOUR BANNING ALOT OF PEOPLE THAT HAVENT SO I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE THE BAN OFF AND LOOK CLOSELY IN TO IT AND JUST BAN THOSE ACCOUNT TRUST ME THEY WONT TRY IT AGAIN SERIOUSLY YOU TOOK IT TO FAR MY PSN IS PTO-KILLA AND IM 11TH PRESTIGE SO THATS OBVIOUSLY NOT 15TH PRESTIGE HACK SO WHY ON EARTH IS MY PS3 BANNED FROM BLACK OPPS TELL ME AND GO AND CHECK FOR YOURSELF SO BASICALLY YOUVE BANNED MY PS3 FOR PLAYING LEGIT ALL THE WAY TO 11TH PRESTIGE 7DAYS PLAYED.

RRRRREEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOVEEEEEE THHHHHE BAN ON US LEGIT PLAYERS AND JUST BAN THOSE 15TH PRESTIGE ACCOUNTS THAT PEOPLE OV HACKED

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY TREYARCH TO BE TOTALLY HONEST HERE WHY DO YOU THINK PEOPLE HACK ITS BECAUSE ITS YOUR FAULT THERES FAULTS IN THE GAME I HAVE NEVER HACKED BUT YUO GOTTA UNDERSTAND IF YOUR GAME AS A DEFAULT IN AND SOME1 FINDS OUT THEREFORE THATS 100% YOUR FAULT NOT THERES BUT TRUST ME IM NOT A HACKER

Haha. A few posts after that, some guy posted a Youtube video of this CAPSLOCKNINJA boosting. Caught red-handed! Glorious.

Another:

ey guys my entire ps3 is banned from black ops! why? dsCRAZYPYR0 told me he would give me a fifteenth prestiege account if i gave him $50 paypal. so i paid. now my ps3 is banned from playing black ops. i didnt hack anything and i didnt violate any of your guys rules. why am i banned???? WHY WOULD YOU TAKE ME AWAY FROM THE GAME I LOVED SO MUCH? I HAD !! DAYS PUT ON YOUR GAME AND YOU RUIN IT BY NOT EVEN LETTING ME PLAY MY SYSTEM ONLINE WTF!!! Treyarch please fix it.

What a fucking munter.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
That is awesome!

3ur4zn said:

Just a thought.

I just saw one do pretty good work on the rest of my team.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
tsigo said:
Reading the meandering, horribly-written pleas and stories from morons who got banned for cheating is so amusing.

Live has a whole forum for it and it's great reading. Take a drink anytime someone poses as their parent or blames their sibling.

I've already been to the hospital once for alcohol poisoning are you trying to finish me off?!?!?!

Hyunkel6

spiderman123 said:
They need to start taking levels away for ppl who quit a game. Seriously the teams start with 6 and then goes to 1 and the game takes forever!!.
Or Treyarch could improve the matchmaking and fill up lobbies. I'm tired of those 4 vs 4 games.

Top Bottom