• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

mojiimbo said:
I thought you could only do split screen in the worthless 10(?)CP matches?

Maybe. I don't play enough of the others to really know.

I do know that's annoying to have player 1 win the match by a landslide while his buddy is last in the ranks. I'm playing more for the fun of it, but if the match is rigged that all goes away.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
By the way, this is a free XBL Gold weekend, so keep an eye out for slightly more cannon fodder than usual.

Xux

3ur4zn said:
I've been getting a few chopper gunners tonight, and every single one seems to get taken down almost immediately. Good on the other team, granted, but it makes the CG and gunship kinda worthless killstreaks.

So what about if the gunships needed three rockets to be taken down? It would promote team-work for the opposition, and give the player who's earned the killstreak time to earn his just reward from the 9/11 killstreak...

Just a thought.

Ehh, I wasn't a big fan of how invincible the AC130 was (unless it didn't regenerate flares as fast). I think a killstreak's overpowered if it guarantees at least a handful of kills no matter how many kills you need to get it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
God this game can be stellar when you are just rollin' with some buddies. This has easily become my fav multiplayer Call of Duty experience (PC) simply because two of my homies picked the game up pretty much right off the bat and we play almost every night together.

LeMaximilian said:
Woah, I might actually get a contract job making COD videos. We'll see tho, nothing concrete as of yet.
Good luck, I still go back and reference your videos when I'm on a bad streak.

Speaking of which, on the PS3 lately it seems every time I go to start a gaming session lately, the first couple matches it throws me into I'll have at the *best* 3 bars, but usually it's 2 yellow. I don't get the issue. I normally have to back out a few times and eventually I get placed in a lobby where I have a decent connection. My connection type is set to locale only which I thought was supposed to help with that?

1133018424.png

I don't think it's my connection. It's not amazing, but it's not really crappy either. Does your overall connection depend more on your upload or your download speeds? Another weird thing I've noticed is that the connection speed that you can see on the multiplayer options shows as
WAY higher when playing on Xbox Live versus PSN. I'm talking 2 - 3X the connection speed, but not sure if the two systems just report it differently maybe?

cameltoe

That prestige in wager match thingy still works...did it last night. Started level one with 10,000cp

I just waited until it locked in the bets, then prestiged.

vocab

Stallion Free said:
God this game can be stellar when you are just rollin' with some buddies. This has easily become my fav multiplayer Call of Duty experience (PC) simply because two of my homies picked the game up pretty much right off the bat and we play almost every night together.

Ya I picked it up for $15 to play with two friends. It's a lot better than MW2, which I'm pretty surprised. Seriously that P2P was unbearable. My only complaint is the performance. I had to turn off shadows completely or I would get random hitching. Ran COD4 maxed, and MW2 maxed (MW2 had random lag performance issues), but blackops has iffy performance sometimes.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vocab said:
Ya I picked it up for $15 to play with two friends. It's a lot better than MW2, which I'm pretty surprised. Seriously that P2P was unbearable. My only complaint is the performance. I had to turn off shadows completely or I would get random hitching. Ran COD4 maxed, and MW2 maxed (MW2 had random lag performance issues), but blackops has iffy performance sometimes.
I loved MW2, but a lot of my buddies came in late to it so the first 5 or so months were pretty lonely. And when they finally got it they were coming in late so it was kind of overwhelming.

If you don't mind a little shameless promotion my friend just recorded his first commentary so I thought I'd help it get some more views: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqIzOY9R4HA It's a domination match on Summit and he ends up at 72-10 with a decent amount of captures and defends.

Also, Jloco11 commentated on one of his matches on Crisis: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6YS1jrRjiI I don't think whoever recorded it shows the scoreboard but I think he ended up at 58-4 or something.

I don't know about you guys, but these Xbox/PS3 banning defenses are hilarious to read. Tell me to shutup if it's annoying.

This is my favourite so far:

Idiot said:
ok soo i was playn madden 11 yesterday just got a online pass well as soon as i tryed to get in a game is say disconected from xbox live try to sign back in but noo 12/31/9999 i mean rele i havent did nothing wrong but play xbox so what ever but tell me why i got banned cuz the only thing u can bann me for is my avitar and all u had to do was tell me to change it i mean dang u guys are gonna loose alot of gamer cuz the ps3 is gonna take over so if u could unbann this gamertag i would be more than happy D Beranek and just wondering why do u nerds even care so much about banning cuz i cant wait for the day when xbox dies and ps3 is gonna be on top:) but anyway tell me what the heck i got banned for cuz its maken me mad cuz u guys have nothing better to do yeah i understand if i was hosting modded lobbies and stuff but i dont know how to do it never have never will...and why did u reset my gamerscore that took me 3 years to get and now i dont even have the games anymore so what ever gt D Beranek...

The best part is the response:

Microsoft rep said:
As you admitted here you were permanently suspended for your modified avatar. However, in addition to that your bio read as follows, "1600 or $5 PayPal For 10th WaW 100% Legit www.youtube .com/(Mod Edit)" not only violating the Code of Conduct for selling services but also cheating. Oh, and that was after your previous 6 profile suspensions.

I didn't know which part to UN-bold, so I'll just bold it all. This guy is 'appealing' his profile ban. Wow...

yeah i had the twin towers and before that i had a *** spewing penis
so i don't know what got banned the penis or the towers
now i really like the towers emblem but i don't wanna get banned from editor
my question is if i put the towers what rule did i break as an offensive emblem
1. its not religious
2. its not sexual
3. its not a drug reference

1. its topical
2. its tasteless > (note these were not part of the rules for emblem editor)
3. its immature

but in reality it only effects those that have an over opinionated self righteous view on the world
and think only the U.S. have suffered through acts of terrorism
some towers fell big whoop thats not a "tragedy" tsunami's and massive earthquakes are tragedies
obviously the U.S. pissed of a nation enough to garner a reaction out of those with the resources to do something
i'm simply illustrating it in an emblem

so if i put a a-bomb above an island obviously i should be banned for making fun of hiroshima right?

Hubba-EX said:
It is a good idea though, its fun playing split with a friend in wager matches.

I'm sure it's fun, it just destroys the whole purpose of the match when one of the accounts isn't real. You're giving them a free pass to cheat the system. Even if it is for a tiny amount of points, it's no fun to play against that if you're one of the other players.

luoapp

Tkawsome said:
I'm sure it's fun, it just destroys the whole purpose of the match when one of the accounts isn't real. You're giving them a free pass to cheat the system. Even if it is for a tiny amount of points, it's no fun to play against that if you're one of the other players.

Then how about clans equipped with headphone against random players? Is that fair?

luoapp said:
Then how about clans equipped with headphone against random players? Is that fair?

If some of them get put on the opposing team and start handing them kills, no. I can get my friend in this mode and have him continuously meet me somewhere so I can score free kills. How is that not game breaking again?

mojiimbo

Because it's only on the joke tier with the 10 credit buy in. Even the lowest contract will give you 150 credits. I can't imagine boosting would be that efficient without a tactical insertion. The game also looks and plays pretty awful in split screen so I'd just consider those two guys free kills for me.

vocab

Effect said:
Have things improved PC wise with it's latest patch?

Performance? I don't think so. I think for some people it fixed some things. I didn't get the game until a week ago. Like I said, I have to turn Shadows completely off or I get random hitching and it becomes almost unplayable. My specs are i5-750, 8gigs of DDR3, and a 5850. I'm gonna overclock soon, so maybe I might see minimum gains.

Anyway, I wish there was a competitive scene like COD1/COD2/COD4. Man those were some fun times.

Mikey Jr.

Anyone have a guide for zombies?

Like, a guide that could explain it to my grandmother? I see all these guides that try to do that, but they start adding shit that I don't understand like mystery box, pack a punch, teleporters, and they don't explain it.

I understand the basic premise, but don't understand the extras. Fuck, I didn't even know where to get more ammo for my gun.

cuevas said:
That's his entire strategy, never put himself at risk and use the flags as bait. Great if you want a high k/d.
He actually gets more/most of his kills when he advances on the enemy spawn point(not including the killstreak kills). If there's someone constantly killing the enemy at their spawn point or nearby it, it makes it pretty darn easy to hold onto two flags as well. A good teammate doesn't just have to be constantly capping flags. Hell a lot of new people do that, get killed because they use no strategy and then it just makes things tougher for me because the other team has constant spy planes, air support, rc cars etc.

I know you've criticized him in the past, I guess my challenge to you would be to go do the same thing and show us all how "easy" it is. I don't know, it seems to me like if people aren't actively jumping into conflicts that they are at a disadvantage that they are somehow just all lumped together as campers or cheap.

cuevas said:
That's his entire strategy, never put himself at risk and use the flags as bait. Great if you want a high k/d.

Yeah, and it works great. I don't really see the problem. There would be an issue if everyone was doing that, but they're not, he's just playing a role on the team and is helping them quite a bit.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Tkawsome said:
Yeah, and it works great. I don't really see the problem. There would be an issue if everyone was doing that, but they're not, he's just playing a role on the team and is helping them quite a bit.

Hey! Thanks.

cuevas said:

That's absolutely true and I won't deny it. But don't get mixed up in regards to me going for the win, because I want to get the win. I play Ground War, alone most the time, and have remained with a 2.5 win/loss. That's not amazing but it's pretty damn difficult to pull off wins when you have 5 horrible players on your team in such a game mode. I don't usually prefer the smaller 12 man playlists and actually enjoy the chaos of 18 players. Oh and I like to kill people...I like to kill a lot of people in these games.

tsigo

It's so easy to capture a point when you're dealing with dogs and a chopper gunner at the same time, right guys? Way to not contribute, Max.

LeMaximilian said:
Hey! Thanks.

That's absolutely true and I won't deny it. But don't get mixed up in regards to me going for the win, because I want to get the win. I play Ground War, alone most the time, and have remained with a 2.5 win/loss. That's not amazing but it's pretty damn difficult to pull off wins when you have 5 horrible players on your team in such a game mode. I don't usually prefer the smaller 12 man playlists and actually enjoy the chaos of 18 players. Oh and I like to kill people...I like to kill a lot of people in these games.

Why don't you play TDM then? That's where K/D matters, you spent the second half of your cracked game just hiding trying to keep the perfect game intact :|

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
cuevas said:
Why don't you play TDM then?

Because I have the choice. It's this amazing thing humans developed over time.

And I do play TDM. Half of Ground War games result in TDM. TDM also ends brutally fast, the games are over in a matter of 5 minutes or less.

cuevas said:
Why don't you play TDM then? That's where K/D matters, you spent the second half of your cracked game just hiding trying to keep the perfect game intact :|

You seem really hung up with how other people play the game. As long as they're not cheating or abusing something that's clearly broken, deal with it. If you're getting your ass kicked by them, change your strategy, otherwise it's your fault.

Nabs

cuevas said:

I didn't see anything wrong with his Cracked gameplay.

LeMaximilian said:
Because I have the choice. It's this amazing thing humans developed over time.

And I do play TDM. Half of Ground War games result in TDM. TDM also ends brutally fast, the games are over in a matter of 5 minutes or less.

Well for you it's 100% of the time. The same people defending your playstyle here are the same ones complaining about people TDM in objective game modes but make an exception for you. You put disclaimers on your videos how "this game" you didn't try to play the objective but from the leaderboards it seems like you do this every game :|
I'm not trying to attack you, just the way you play. I've never talked to you or even encountered you outside of this thread.

Tkawsome said:
You seem really hung up with how other people play the game. As long as they're not cheating or abusing something that's clearly broken, deal with it. If you're getting your ass kicked by them, change your strategy, otherwise it's your fault.

I win 80% of my games, and if the system worked right it would be higher. He is just a prime example of why stat tracking and leaderboards are bad for the game.
LeMaximilian said:

This includes ground war right?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Gyuuh, this actually made me look up this stat.

Leaderboard-TDM-All Time-Everyone

Maximilian dood
Rank 3397
Score per min 383.77
Kills 14855
Deaths 3742
Ratio 3.97
Assists 1319

Ok now? We can play some games sometime if it'll make things easier, cause every time I post on this thread that I usually have had a pretty good time in the past, I'm mauled by you in regards to how I play.

This includes ground war right?

Regular TDM and Ground War TDM.

cuevas said:
The same people defending your playstyle here are the same ones complaining about people TDM in objective game modes but make an exception for you.

I only complain about people who ignore objectives and get mediocre scores. I have no problems with teammates who ignore objectives and consistently put up powerful air support. It certainly makes my life easier.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
divisionbyzorro said:
I only complain about people who ignore objectives and get mediocre scores. I have no problems with teammates who ignore objectives and consistently put up powerful air support. It certainly makes my life easier.

Hey, you know what? Thanks.

Top Bottom