• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Ground war is full of the worst people in the game. Mostly because its people with guests but they are just horrible. I like 6v6 better because the skill level is generally higher but most people still suck. :D

weeneo said:
the game is b0rked for me now. there aren't enough players, for good matches, who don't have the mappack.

can't download the DLC maps because its only compatible with the german version(i have bought my copy in the uk)
also i can't download it from a foreign country because of the IP lock.

thanks activision/treyarch for the nice treatment :/

same here. when i do get into a match it generally lags like crazy for me now. i had laggy games before but never as bad as the majority of matches are now.

Risible said:
That video makes me want to punch that douchegnugget in the throat.

Sadly, that's not the player's fault: it's Treyarch's fault. The game mode is broken. I feel sorry for the poor saps who are joining just to try to level up their perks and get trapped in that shit.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
divisionbyzorro said:
Sadly, that's not the player's fault: it's Treyarch's fault. The game mode is broken. I feel sorry for the poor saps who are joining just to try to level up their perks and get trapped in that shit.
To be fair, MW2 was just as bad on many maps. Possibly worse on Favela were each team had 1 spawn point in Demolition.

Mileena

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
Demo spawns were just as broken in MW2.

user_nat said:
To be fair, MW2 was just as bad on many maps. Possibly worse on Favela were each team had 1 spawn point in Demolition.

I never found it that bad, but admittedly I am, and always have been, a Domination player who dabbles in other modes from time to time.
And War, back in the day. Why couldn't War have come back? :(

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I got a new appreciation for the FAMAS lately. Have been a little too streaky lately with my 74u and AUG, but the FAMAS has been treating me just right. Great gun.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
GuiltybyAssociation said:
I got a new appreciation for the FAMAS lately. Have been a little too streaky lately with my 74u and AUG, but the FAMAS has been treating me just right. Great gun.

The Famas isn't my favorite gun but it'll do in a pinch.

Disguises

I've just read about the region locking of the DLC. Does this mean that I won't be able to download it? I'm living in Germany at the moment and have the English version. Do they filter by IP? If so - that SUCKS.

EDIT: Ah, seems like it's nothing to do with IP and as long as you download the same LANGUAGE DLC then it should work.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
So lately I've been experimenting with guns that aren't fully automatic, and I've had a better time than I expected with the FN FAL. Nice damage, and it suits my burst fire mentality.

So was anyone else other than me sorely disappointed by the custom game editor? It might be silly, but the one thing I wanted more than anything simply wasn't included: I wanted to be able to put "nothing" into a slot in the custom class editor.

See, I wanted to make a Pistol FFA gametype with five custom classes: ASP Akimbo, Makarov Silenced, M1911 Extended Mags, Python ACOG, and CZ75 Full Auto. But the game forces me to assign primary weapons, grenades, etc, and relying on people's honesty in these sorts of game types only goes so far. It might seem like a silly thing to complain about, but it was kind of a bummer when I got to that point and realized I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

Has anyone else here tooled around with the custom game editor? In my opinion, it's certainly a step in the right direction, but it really does need to be fleshed out a bit more to be worth spending any significant amount of time in.

Pennybags

divisionbyzorro said:
Has anyone else here tooled around with the custom game editor? In my opinion, it's certainly a step in the right direction, but it really does need to be fleshed out a bit more to be worth spending any significant amount of time in.

The perk/loadout editing is pretty nifty, but the editor is missing such basic options as infinite/abundant/limited ammo toggling. Seriously.

Disguises said:
I've just read about the region locking of the DLC. Does this mean that I won't be able to download it? I'm living in Germany at the moment and have the English version. Do they filter by IP? If so - that SUCKS.

Yeah, You can only download the USK-Version, which only works with the USK-game. Austrian and UK editions are not supported and downloads for those versions are not offered in the german marketplace.

Downloads from those marketplaces are supposed to work via VPN-tunnel but no guarantee for that.

Disguises

Haunted Tank said:
Yeah, You can only download the USK-Version, which only works with the USK-game. Austrian and UK editions are not supported and downloads for those versions are not offered in the german marketplace.

Downloads from those marketplaces are supposed to work via VPN-tunnel but no guarantee for that.
Hmmm...that's weird because when I attempt to download it tells me that its the "[EN]" version. Will it just refuse to download? As far as I know, I'm still using the UK marketplace.
Fucks sake. So much effort to figure out if this works or not.

Disguises said:
Hmmm...that's weird because when I attempt to download it tells me that its the "[EN]" version. Will it just refuse to download? As far as I know, I'm still using the UK marketplace.
Fucks sake. So much effort to figure out if this works or not.

Ah, ok. Then I guess You can give it a try but it probably won´t download because of Your german IP.

noire said:
I'm apparently the only one on GAF that loves Nuketown.

I love it too, good for a quick match

I still use Aug <3

also fuck the new maps, the rooftops 0_o my god at the camping , though i love going on the rope even though most people camp at the bottom lol

cuevas said:
Motion sensor? That's the camper tool.
I see how it could be used though. You suspect someone is in an area, put down your motion sensor and confirm, kill them, rinse and repeat. I forget though, is it hacker pro that negates the motion sensor?

BigBlue1974 said:
I see how it could be used though. You suspect someone is in an area, put down your motion sensor and confirm, kill them, rinse and repeat. I forget though, is it hacker pro that negates the motion sensor?

Slows the game down too much, and yes. Most of the time my problem with campers is a guy sitting in a corner of a random room when I'm making my way to a defend or capture.

cuevas said:
Slows the game down too much, and yes. Most of the time my problem with campers is a guy sitting in a corner of a random room when I'm making my way to a defend or capture.
Oh yeah I agree. Only time I ever use motion sensor is so I can unlock hacker pro to begin with. Otherwise I just use claymores all the time and just plunk one down wherever when I respawn.

mf.luder

noire said:
I'm apparently the only one on GAF that loves Nuketown.
I'll take some of the brunt too. I enjoy it but do acknowledge the spawn issues. Love it though. Nothing like a solid Semtex volley to boil the blood!

AcciDante

Did I read there was a double xp weekend coming up, or did that already happen? I haven't played in awhile, but I'll hop on for that.

So I tried the maps out online today after getting to grips with them in combat training...

(first impressions ahoy)

Kowloon - really enjoyed this one
Stadium - hated it.
Berlin Wall - loved it. Nice to have some long distance combat
Discovery - did I not buy this map or something? (didn't get picked at all)

I'm sure that I'll change my mind once I get to grips with the spots where people hide on desks and stuff. Trying not to ruin the precious k/d currently, so I'll probably take it slow..

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Discovery definitely seems to come up the least, for some reason — that's been my experience, at least.

J-Roderton

Played tonight for the first time in forever. Had a good time really. Been playing a lot of Halo recently and was surprised how well I did tonight. Getting all of my killstreaks and going positive too. Might have to play the new maps soon as well.

VALKYRAY

Banned
spiderman123 said:
ANTI CAMPER . Galil, Deep Impact Pro, Hacker Pro, Ghost Pro, Nova Gas, Rocket Launcher, Motion Sensor

edit: And it works
nice set up.
i kill a camper, then put my motion sensor in that area and waiting for that camper to come back for more death.

Some people just need to give up...
sbrfqs.jpg

aku:jiki

I think I'm really warming up to Kowloon. As you learn it, all the nooks and crannies feel like less of an obstacle and the flow becomes more clear. I really like that, at least right now, everyone's always running toward the middle and there's a hell of a lot of action always going on around B. Very focused map, hardly anyone ever hangs out where the C flag is. It's like a Nuketown where you can actually catch a breather for a second if you need to, very nice!

I really like Discovery too, but I'm confused as to why the community appears to have fallen head over heels for Discovery (it gets voted by like 8 people every single time I see it) but seem to despise Berlin Wall. To me, they play very similarly and I enjoy them both quite a lot.

Stadium... Fucking hate the map so far. Sloppily big open spaces (too many spots where you can camp and see almost everywhere, there's like 5 spots like that), annoying angles (like where in most maps the camping spots that await you around a corner are in logical spots, they're in awkward angles on this map) and the C flag is still the worst flag in the history of Domination. B is pretty god damn bad too.

By the way, I haven't even had the chance to try yet, but are the maps also in the normal playlists? I really can't stand Domination anymore. Demolition for life!

aku:jiki said:
By the way, I haven't even had the chance to try yet, but are the maps also in the normal playlists? I really can't stand Domination anymore. Demolition for life!

Yes, they are.

Amazing how much more difficult it is to play the game when you can't use abuse static spawns, huh? ;)

cuevas said:
Some people just need to give up...
sbrfqs.jpg

I've got a good friend who has about 5 days worth of playtime and is sitting around a .6. I think this number might be going down with time as he regularly finishes games with a .3 or .4.

He absolutely loves the game and has a blast playing it.

Pennybags

PalaceBrother said:
I've got a good friend who has about 5 days worth of playtime and is sitting around a .6. I think this number might be going down with time as he regularly finishes games with a .3 or .4.

He absolutely loves the game and has a blast playing it.

I have a .86 lifetime because I play for fun and throw my lives at the objective, no regrets whatsoever.

Top Bottom