• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Mr Nightman said:
Who else here enjoys hacker pro, and booby trapping care packages/ sam turrets/ sentry guns? God I love it, run up, steal it, set trap, and wait. I always crack up when the damn thing blows up and gives me the kill. Just picture the dude, ok lets grab my package, oh what the fuck?! lol

I died from a hacked claymore for the first time today. I thought it was pretty cool.

Brian Fellows said:
I died from a hacked claymore for the first time today. I thought it was pretty cool.
Was on a hardcore domination match on nuketown, and managed to set a trap, and killed two people with it, one grabbed it as his team mate ran by, blowing him up as well lol

aku:jiki

So, wait, I haven't really been following the news or this thread, but since I'm back and reading the past 10 pages or so it seems obvious that everyone agrees that the netcode is shit now. I'm owed some crow-eating! I was saying that on day one, when all of GAF was telling me I was being an idiot and it was my connection's fault or whatever.

Nah, jokes aside, it's good to hear that it's not just local to europe (which is a common problem with games that most americans never realize exists). Then again, that means that everybody's having a shitty time with the game and that's not very good either!

Mr Nightman said:
Who else here enjoys hacker pro, and booby trapping care packages/ sam turrets/ sentry guns? God I love it, run up, steal it, set trap, and wait. I always crack up when the damn thing blows up and gives me the kill. Just picture the dude, ok lets grab my package, oh what the fuck?! lol
Man, I still haven't managed to try Hacker Pro out once! You prestige so damn fast in this game, I never get the chance to unlock the Pro for it and give it a real chance. I think I've had Pro unlocked like once, and that was on level 50 and I couldn't find anything to booby trap before I could prestige again. :(

Some of those Pro challenges desperately need to be tweaked or completely changed. Start with Marathon Pro, please.

Mr Sandman said:
Christian servers are so fun to troll. Subtle things like name, emblem, cussing on voip with 2 seconds left so they can't figure who it was. Or saying a nutjob prayer before the round starts.
Wait, a "christian server" is one where they actually pray and shit? Are there videos of this? I must hear more!

eek5

Mr Nightman said:
wasn't directed at you. just throwing some information out there because i was playing a match the other day and someone on my team suspected the care package was stolen but wasn't sure so i risked my life to check for them but ok

eek5 said:
wasn't directed at you. just throwing some information out there because i was playing a match the other day and someone on my team suspected the care package was stolen but wasn't sure so i risked my life to check for them but ok
its cool, funny how a care package can be such a troll tool with traps, haha

Mr Nightman said:
its cool, funny how a care package can be such a troll tool with traps, haha

I only really got use out of my Hacker pro the once, but it was glorious. I hacked a package and it looked like Dogs. So of course literally everyone on the other team rushed it. I kept killing them as they went for the package. Eventually I got killed, but the hacked care package got revenge for me. Best of all I had a chopper gunner to use on respawn. :p

As much as I hate sort of being static, care packages make for some awesome bait. Usually though they end up being things that no one really wants, so I dont bother using Hacker Pro anymore. It was fun while it lasted though - nothing beats hacking motion sensors or sentry guns and using them against theyre owners. I stupidly died every time I tried to hack claymores lol. :(

Hacking sentry guns has to be the most fun for me, especially when the enemy placed them well to begin with. First I'm able to sneak up on it safely and then get it working for me. So satisfying to start seeing the points racking up.

As far as getting pro, I find it not too hard to get though usually I don't get it until sometime into the early level 30's I think. The one thing that made it easy now is the one requirement to get the 25 or 30 kills within motion sensor range is done very quickly on Nuketown. Just keep a class with motion sensor on it , place it in one of the houses and play like normal and in a couple matches you'll have that completed. Pretty sure that killstreak kills count toward the total too though not positive on that part.

BigBlue1974 said:
Hacking sentry guns has to be the most fun for me, especially when the enemy placed them well to begin with. First I'm able to sneak up on it safely and then get it working for me. So satisfying to start seeing the points racking up.
So you don't take complete ownership of something when you hack it? As in, you can't move it? Can the owner still move it if it's hacked? Can their team knife the sentry if you hack it?

I've never hacked anything, I just assumed it meant you took ownership but left the team logo to trick people.

aku:jiki said:
So you don't take complete ownership of something when you hack it? As in, you can't move it? Can the owner still move it if it's hacked? Can their team knife the sentry if you hack it?

I've never hacked anything, I just assumed it meant you took ownership but left the team logo to trick people.
Yeah you can move it, it just makes it easier if it's already placed well strategically especially because at first the enemy will not even realize that the sentry gun isn't theirs anymore. The owner cannot move it, though I kinda wonder if they also had hacker pro if they could just hack it back(probably). Once I've hacked it, it essentially is no different than had I placed it to begin with so it can be knifed or attacked by the enemy.

As far as hacked packages, those are hilarious because people are just greedy. If I die when calling in a care package, I *never* will go back to the care package unless I respawned right by it, or I get back to the area as it's dropping so I'm sure it's not hacked.

During this past weekend, I noticed my K/D dropped from 1.59 to 1.53 (lvl 47 on my 4th prestige, my K/D for the other CoD is a solid 1.05 lol). IMHO, whether my connection, others connections, general netcode, more traffic than usual due to 2x XP, but whatever, I have never played a series of CoD matches more infuriating in my life. Just time and time again, got the beat on someone and unload with accurate shots. If I was lucky, I would at least get a hit marker before they turned around and immediately killed me. Sometimes I wouldnt even get that.

Take that in with seeing more noobtube usage than Ive seen so far in Black Ops so far, getting knifed more than I have so far, TONS of Ghost Pros and Second Chance Pros (just teams filled to the brim with 'em), this past weekend REALLY soured me on Black Ops. Think Ill be taking a break for awhile.

Mr Sandman said:
No, we pretend to be Christians where we say a nutjob prayer asking for guidance in CoD and shit. Essentially troll-mocking.
I get that part, but what makes it a christian server? Is it just that the MOTD is "praise god!" and that's really it, or do they do stuff that makes it a christian server?

I'm sorry christians of GAF, the concept is just hilarious to me.

yoopoo

Banned
Woweee...had my best game yesterday. Put up a massive 62000+ score game with 68 kills. Nuke Town + SPAS + Headquarters + double xp = :O

snacknuts

we all knew her
Mr Nightman said:

Hacker Pro is basically the only third tier perk that I use. I think I have it enabled on all of my classes. It's just so much more useful than anything else I have tried in that spot. I'm at lvl 47 on my first prestige and I'm pretty sure I haven't even bought any other Tier 3 perks.

Just played a guy called "Way to legit" rank is 95 in blops (overall in TD)

k/d is 5.51

Prestige 14

and i killed him 3 times in a row and he then quit .........seriously?!

VALKYRAY

Banned
AnEternalEnigma said:
It has nothing to do with Treyarch. MW2 was the exact same way. They need a new engine.
really?
if you shoot a moving target in the upper chest area with a sniper, you will most likely to get a kill in MW2 while in BO you will most likely get a hitmarker.
explain that

VALKYRAY said:
really?
if you shoot a moving target in the upper chest area with a sniper, you will most likely to get a kill in MW2 while in BO you will most likely get a hitmarker.
explain that

Snipers do less damage in blops.

VALKYRAY said:
bullshit.
sniper kills still targets in black ops no problem

what no they don't in MW2 it was bullshit sniping even a novice could pull of a quick scope. On blops it hard as shit. You have to be very proficient with a sniper class.

VALKYRAY

Banned
spiderman123 said:
what no they don't in MW2 it was bullshit sniping even a novice could pull of a quick scope. On blops it hard as shit. You have to be very proficient with a sniper class.
wrong. I am talking about HARD SCOPING. YOU LOOK INTO YOUR SCOPE AND AIM FOR THE UPPER CHEST AREA.

AnEternalEnigma said:
It has nothing to do with Treyarch. MW2 was the exact same way. They need a new engine.

Badly.

Of course, a new engine would mean that the game wouldn't "feel" the same. There's no way you can replicate that feeling by building a new engine from scratch. And I doubt Activision would take too kindly to the backbone of their most popular franchise being ripped out without a console cycle upgrade as an excuse.

VALKYRAY

Banned
spiderman123 said:
you sound like one of those ppl with a .20 ratio :p
don't like this game means I suck at this game?
sandy ravage doesn't like this game does he suck at this game?
get the fuck outta her

VALKYRAY said:
if he was a scrub, what are you then?
a trash can?
seriously people. black ops garbage. stop defending it.

Here's an even better idea: Shut the fuck up and quit visiting the thread if you hate it so much.

Top Bottom