• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Tamanon

Banned
Meier said:
Can someone explain to me if they removed Nuke Town from the game? I've played probably 30-40 matches over the last handful of days and never seen it.

I had it a couple times last night.

Magik

Tamanon said:
Hmm, PS3 has been having a ton of disconnects and trouble joining games over the past couple days. Weird.

Its pretty much a feature at this point.

To add to that, when I do join a match, especially objective matches, I end up being placed on the losing side. More than half of my "Losses" is simply backing out of matches from the shitty matchmaking.

eek5

Magik said:

To add to that, when I do join a match, especially objective matches, I end up being placed on the losing side. More than half of my "Losses" is simply backing out of matches from the shitty matchmaking.
After you join a game hit back button and check which side you are and back out from there before you pick a class.

Magik said:

Well being placed on the losing team makes sense and has always happened. If somebody else backs out when they are losing, a spot opens up on the team and you get placed there. Now when *I* go to join, I join up on the same spot *YOU* just abandoned. Haha, no worries I do the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arNW99K5CxA&feature=player_embedded

/dance

BigBlue1974 said:
Well being placed on the losing team makes sense and has always happened. If somebody else backs out when they are losing, a spot opens up on the team and you get placed there. Now when *I* go to join, I join up on the same spot *YOU* just abandoned. Haha, no worries I do the same thing.

When people on the other team quit we end up playing 1v6 for 3 minutes till we get enough points. Then we get into 3v3 and they put 3 people on a team and leave the other at 3.

Magik

eek5 said:
After you join a game hit back button and check which side you are and back out from there before you pick a class.

Still counts as a loss. At least on my end its been doing that.

BigBlue1974 said:

Of course it has always happened, my problem is that for me it seems to be the only thing that ever happens. In CoD4, WaW, MW2 I've always had a few games where I joined in early in the match where it wasn't lopsided. In BLOPS, its always a blow out.

tsigo

spiderman123 said:
Man this game gets annoying when the ppl or person you play with complain so much.

:D That's what I was saying! The most you'll get out of me is the occasional "Fuck off" or "Riiiiiiiight".

tsigo said:
:D That's what I was saying! The most you'll get out of me is the occasional "Fuck off" or "Riiiiiiiight".

You certainly are one of the more pleasant people to play with on my friends list. I, on the other hand, don't have quite that level of self control :)

Strider2K99 said:
BigBlue, you sent me a friend request on PSN? For the record, I own all CoD titles for 360. Did you mean to do that?
Ah yeah, sorry I wasn't sure if you were on PS3 or Xbox. I do play on both, but my main account is PS3.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
fuck this game is like crack!, its pissing of rain outside, i have a coffee in my hand , its 11am, and all i can think about is call of duty black ops.

Its time to kick some major fucking ass.

I'v been using a sniper for the hell of it the last few days , sure since i started using it my kills ain't been the highest, i no longer turn into a top team player, but more of a layed back guy in the backround having a good time with the sniper.

Is there any point in holding your breath , or does the normal scope still hit on target when it moves around a little ?

eek5

Kentpaul said:
fuck this game is like crack!, its pissing of rain outside, i have a coffee in my hand , its 11am, and all i can think about is call of duty black ops.

Its time to kick some major fucking ass.

I'v been using a sniper for the hell of it the last few days , sure since i started using it my kills ain't been the highest, i no longer turn into a top team player, but more of a layed back guy in the backround having a good time with the sniper.

Is there any point in holding your breath , or does the normal scope still hit on target when it moves around a little ?
You can drag shot after you hardscope if you don't like holding your breath but it's a lot easier when you do

I've sort of given up on giving a shit, so I have been running around with shotguns.

My K/D is dropping because I am not used to it yet and am getting alot of even games.

I am having fun though.

Effect

Going up against a clan with mics isn't all it's cracked up to be. Been playing the Wii version (Ally code if anyone is interested: 2061-1049-0813. Name is NeoStar9X) and last night ran into this situation. Thought things were going to be rough. Sometimes the negative of playing team deathmatch. Went three or four rounds against this one group with a group of randoms without mics. First match it was close but a gap of 300 points I think but we won. Second we just ran right over them. Third was closer but by a few hundred but then they started to drop out in the fourth but we won that as well. They were actually surprised the first match as I could hear them in the lobby after it was over. It was all the more satisfying because we have a level 1 with us and they were commenting on her due to her level. Was nice to see her level up a decent amount over the matches with a decent kill count as well. We were in the high teens to high 20s (save the one) and they were all 40+.

I still hold that if one is observant of what is taking place mics aren't really that needed. Helpful but not that big of a determining factor I think in the end. We were coving each other as care packages were called down. Moving in twos or threes at times. This is how I've usually played Goldeneye 007 Wii so I just carried that over. Unspoken actions. Also the same would be needed in the Wii versions of World at War and Modern Warfare. I think having the mic could be distracting but then again maybe its the newness of it on the system. I admit I haven't had much experience using one (don't use one for Bad Company 2 on the PC) but so far, up to level 26 I think, I haven't had a match where it seems those using it had a significant advantage.

Are things different in the other versions in this regard?

Might try some Domination tonight for the first time or headquarters. I think I feel comfortable enough to try them now. Haven't really cared about my K/D ratio. I've looked at it a few times but I more concerned with contracts, trying to get a kill streak or two a match. Care package is my favorite. I know I'll never get anything above 6 or 7 and that's if I'm lucky sometimes. So care package at 4 kills (with hardline I think) is very doable for me at times and so far I've gotten two attack dogs drops. I feel a little guilty about unleashing those but then again you can take them out if you aim decently enough and see them running right at you.

Mileena

Banned
E4yBh.jpg

:lol

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Tamanon said:
I'll be down for buying the map pack, if only to cut down on the number of times Array and Radiation pop for me.
You will be grateful when ever they do pop up after buying the map pack.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
user_nat said:
You will be grateful when ever they do pop up after buying the map pack.
Yeah, pretty much. I hope they reduce the MM frequency of the new maps sooner than later.

Oh, and I just realized tonight that dual mags actually gives you 50% more ammo... I thought it just tweaked your reloads. Extended mags seems pointless now, especially with AR/SoH combo. Can't believe I didn't realize this before.

Jesus man I just went 6 -13 against a team that all used noob tubes and motion sensor. They stayed in the same spot and my dumb ass team kept running to them.

VALKYRAY

Banned
this is my thought on black ops.
its like you went to the club, you saw this very fine girl and you hooked up with her. you thought you scored a big shot like a boss, then you took her to your bed room and found she's got a penis.
let me tell you, as a ps3 player i got screwed pretty badly, but with all that money you spent on her, you just gotta to sleep with her. though you get screwed, but she's still fuckable.

VALKYRAY said:
i was tricked, treyarch did a very good job at lying and bluffing.
btw, do you work for treyarch

why you still here. This thread is for Blops lovers and not for ppl bitching how bad a game is over and over and over.

VALKYRAY

Banned
spiderman123 said:
why you still here. This thread is for Blops lovers and not for ppl bitching how bad a game is over and over and over.
who are you to tell me not to comment in this thread
this thread is the official black ops thread, it is open for all gaf black ops players whether they like it or not

VALKYRAY said:
who are you to tell me not to comment in this thread
this thread is the official black ops thread, it is open for all gaf black ops players whether they like it or not

yah bout your crying too much we're 321 pages in and you still bitchin about a game. Come on man your either just looking for trouble or trolling

WickedLaharl said:
they're not that bad. stadium, berlin wall, and discovery are pretty fun for DOM.

the bad part is the camping you'll get ppl who find "the spot" and set up shop there. To get close to kill them you leave yourself so open.

Nonelito

Neo Member
For fucks sake, this game is addictive. Yes it does have its connectivity issues, dumb-ass players and several messed-up maps but I simply can't get enough of it. I think I've been playing it more that COD4, which I thought would never happen.

BTW, am I the only one who hates RC-XD cars? It seems I am the only players on the map who gets killed by them. Its either bad luck or my run-and-gun style makes me a simple target for them.

PS - Loving the FAMAS, Nuketown and Havana!!!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
RC isn't too bad to deal with, just keep your back up against something when you hear it closing in. I used to roll with it a lot - was hysterical driving up to someone who is ADS and then detonating it just as they realize what's sitting right next to them - but it's not really all that great aside from laughs. Made the switch to counter spy plane and haven't looked back. That can be a lot more annoying to deal with than the RC, not to mention it'll cover your team's ass.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Mizzou Gaming said:
Yup, know exactly what you are talking about. It happened to a friend of mine and I saw it because I was going over to change it. I actually still have that game in my recent games if you are looking for a clip of the glitch or whatnot.

Sorry man, haven't been in here for a while, your match is probably gone by now though.

Top Bottom