• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Xux

SumPog said:
Never bothered with the Enfield. Might be a pretty good weapon for all I know.

I tend to do just fine with it; it doesn't have as much range as the Galil but it ADSes faster so I think they're balanced.

aku:jiki

I think I just "discovered" the next abuse trend just now. ACOG + PSG1. I've seen a few people use it here and there but god damn, as long as the match ping is OK the ACOG PSG1 is fucking unstoppable. They need to just take ACOGs out if it's going to be this easy to use!

It really makes zero sense that the hard-to-use bolt action gets a fucking impossible to aim ACOG with 0 accuracy, but the already laser-accurate PSG1 gets a crazy-good ACOG that's easy to aim and has high accuracy. That's like bizzarro world weapon balance right there.

eek5

aku:jiki said:
I think I just "discovered" the next abuse trend just now. ACOG + PSG1. I've seen a few people use it here and there but god damn, as long as the match ping is OK the ACOG PSG1 is fucking unstoppable. They need to just take ACOGs out if it's going to be this easy to use!

It really makes zero sense that the hard-to-use bolt action gets a fucking impossible to aim ACOG with 0 accuracy, but the already laser-accurate PSG1 gets a crazy-good ACOG that's easy to aim and has high accuracy. That's like bizzarro world weapon balance right there.

I don't really snipe and have really only used the L96 prior to trying this out (with acog and variable) and it was ok.

I tried this combo out and I'm not sure if it is really overpowered or unstoppable. It is, however, usable. The ACOG makes the PSG1 pretty easy to drag shot which is nice and OHK in upper torso is pretty satisfying when you get a kill. It's a fun combo to play with if you want to snipe but I think the map design still favors ARs pretty heavily. The G11 is probably better in almost every situation except super long range. Speaking of just sniper rifles though, I agree with you. I think the PSG1, W2k, and Dragunov are all more user-friendly than the L96 after the patches. The only upper hand the L96 has now is that it is OHK on lower torso but it has zero follow-up capability.

Actually, on paper the W2k seems like the best sniper although I haven't tried it so I can't really comment. The recoil is low and seems pretty predictable, it has the fastest ADS with acog and 6 bullet mag instead of 5 of the PSG but slower reload (2.2 vs 2). The PSG does recenter faster but I'm not sure how 1000 and 825 compares.

here is my second game with it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yQoEqOA084

I think I could've taken more advantage of follow up shot capability (like I do towards the end of the video) I'll give it another try though.. or try the w2k w/ acog

Risible

CitizenCope said:
Man playing with scrubs can be so infuriating in Domination.
We are losing flag A so I rush back to defend only to see my teamates spawning and running away from A. Turn around idiots and help me out. For fucks sake green flags are good. AAAAHhhhhhhhh!
Does anyone play to win anymore?

No. I'm the idiot with a 1:1 k/d because I'm the only one stupid enough to be trying to defend/attack the objective. Everyone else is corner camping and worried about getting kills.

I'm amazed ay how many times I watch the killcam and see someone so focussed on their little camping spot that they don't notice the flag carrier racing past them. Infuriating.

eek5

Nice video, loving the double in the start! :D I can see the problem right away though, you're still playing the ACOG like a sniper.

I'm talking about playing like this (I'm jumping off the balcony at the start):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvSGewaHm7w
rofl nice. I did try to do some closer stuff with "fast" scoping but my aim is pretty bad and it was pretty embarrassing. I'll give it another try as I was having some connection issues in one of the games and then I started to get matched into games where my team was down at the beginning so I didn't want to make matters worse for them

So a guy was camping with motion sensor. So I took jammer and blocked his map. Then threw a nova gas and forced him and 2 of his other buddies to a corner (who I didn't know where there) and took out my China Lake and went to work on them. Everytime I saw a motion sensor thanks to hacker, I just blocked it with my jammer.

spiderman123 said:
So a guy was camping with motion sensor. So I took jammer and blocked his map. Then threw a nova gas and forced him and 2 of his other buddies to a corner (who I didn't know where there) and took out my China Lake and went to work on them. Everytime I saw a motion sensor thanks to hacker, I just blocked it with my jammer.

Nothing makes me feel warmer inside than jamming someone's claymore while they camp, come up behind them and knife them.

I bought the contract for the 2 Gunships and got 6 of them. I am only 2 minutes into the contact after playing 5 games because people keep dashboarding. Pretty sweet. People need to learn how to take a beating, you only have your little 1.5 K/D because you dashboard every time you go negative with your little .3 win ratio. Good job bro!

tsigo

cuevas said:
I bought the contract for the 2 Gunships and got 6 of them. I am only 2 minutes into the contact after playing 5 games because people keep dashboarding. Pretty sweet. People need to learn how to take a beating, you only have your little 1.5 K/D because you dashboard every time you go negative with your little .3 win ratio. Good job bro!

You're right about dashboarders sucking, but if they're only quitting after you call in the gunship and care about completing the contract, you only have to earn the killstreak, not necessarily call it in.

spiderman123 said:

I think Hacker Pro makes you invisible to the Motion Sensor, so you won't need to jam it.

tsigo said:
You're right about dashboarders sucking, but if they're only quitting after you call in the gunship and care about completing the contract, you only have to earn the killstreak, not necessarily call it in.
The dashboarding erases the game from the cod history books, I've gotten "control complete" when I got two in one game and as soon as I called the second one in the host dashboarded and it was at 0/2 again. Everyone gets losses but its like the game never happened.

vocab

Xux said:
Wait, what did you do in that video that you couldn't do with any AR, SMG, or LMG at that range in Hardcore?

1 hit Kill no matter where the bullet is. It's like G3 in COD4, and it's why I don't like playing HC.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Just had a Ground War match end via the time limit (first time I think). Fucking Kowloon.

Xux

spiderman123 said:
the bad part is the camping you'll get ppl who find "the spot" and set up shop there. To get close to kill them you leave yourself so open.

Is that it? I can camp just fine in pretty much every map in the series.

vocab

Stallion Free said:
But you were like at the top of our team when we had a brief encounter tonight.

Killing people is killing people :p HC holds me back. Nothing makes me angrier than a person with bad aim randomly spraying, and me getting shot in the foot and dying because of it.

I think the lag on 360 has reached critical mass... It's like 85% of encounters are completely unwinnable now, at least face-to-face encounters. I unload into their faces, they warp around illogically and annoyingly and suddenly I'm dead. Been running tests and my connection is fine, even according to Black Ops (four bars, at least 3 all the time) but the game is nigh unplayable right now.

Oh well, it's what my friends are playing so here I am still messing around with classes... Can anyone recommend a class or style that I haven't thought of? Here's what I have now:

01) Silenced SMG (AK/Spectre/MPL/Kiparis), LAW; Ghost, Sleight of Hand, Marathon.
02) Rapid fire SMG (AK only, the accuracy is absurd), handguns; Lightweight, Steady Aim, Marathon.
03) Silenced AR (Galil/AK/Commando), LAW; Ghost, Sleight of Hand, Marathon.
04) Silenced + red dot AR (Same), handguns; Scavenger, Warlord, TacMask.
05) LMG (M60+grip), RPG; Lightweight, Hardened, TacMask or Hacker.
06) L96A1 + variable, Python akimbo; Ghost, Scout, Marathon or Hacker.
07) PSG1+ACOG, Python akimbo; Lightweight, Scout, Marathon.
08) Silenced SPAS-12, handguns; Lightweight, Sleight of Hand, Marathon.
09) Noobtube! (Ak74+GL, Crossbow); Scavenger, Sleight of Hand, Second Chance.
10) Your suggestion!

I think the lag on 360 has reached critical mass... It's like 85% of encounters are completely unwinnable now, at least face-to-face encounters. I unload into their faces, they warp around illogically and annoyingly and suddenly I'm dead. Been running tests and my connection is fine, even according to Black Ops (four bars, at least 3 all the time) but the game is nigh unplayable right now.

Oh well, it's what my friends are playing so here I am still messing around with classes... Can anyone recommend a class or style that I haven't thought of? Here's what I have now:

01) Silenced SMG (AK/Spectre/MPL/Kiparis), LAW; Ghost, Sleight of Hand, Marathon.
02) Rapid fire SMG (AK only, the accuracy is absurd), handguns; Lightweight, Steady Aim, Marathon.
10) Your suggestion!

I noticed that the lag has been getting worse and worse since about when double exp started, im still wondering if its my connection, or Black Ops which is to blame.

Well the host selection sure doesn't help! I pulled host for about 5 games in a row. Playing Domination with a full room and I counted 6 people with solid 4 bars, 5 people with 3 bars sometimes going into 4 and 1 last guy who would hover back and forth between 3 and sometimes into 2 bars.

One of the games finishes, a couple people leave and some new people come in. Host migration(no idea why it does this). Next game starts up. Only person with 4 bars is the host. 4 people with 3 bars. 3 people with 2 yellow(including myself) and 4 people with 1 red bar. I wait a few minutes to see if it'll pick a new host or something. Nope. Well done on the host migration!

BigBlue1974 said:
Well the host selection sure doesn't help!
I wonder if that's what they're trying to tweak and failing at... We had the opposite problem the other day! My friend has a pretty shit connection and should never, ever be picked as host, but the game just would not relent on it. It kept picking him no matter what we did. Backed out and joined another game, he'd get host the next match. Host migraton, the game picked him again. We just could not get out of it and just had to stop playing for the night.

In other news, Stadium already needs to be deleted from the Demolition playlist. They recently removed Nuketown, which is lame because Nuketown is what Nuketown is and everybody knows what's in store when it comes up. Stadium, though, is just truly 100% spawn-camping already. People plant A to get it out of the way and reduce traffic there, then they put on Lightweight and spend every single life sprinting straight to our spawn, picking off a few guys, dying and repeating for the rest of the match. Sure, this happens with a 1-2 guys in almost every match of Demo but on Stadium it's fucking absurd... Literally everyone does it, it's so fucking tiresome. :(

I wonder if that's what they're trying to tweak and failing at... We had the opposite problem the other day! My friend has a pretty shit connection and should never, ever be picked as host, but the game just would not relent on it. It kept picking him no matter what we did. Backed out and joined another game, he'd get host the next match. Host migraton, the game picked him again. We just could not get out of it and just had to stop playing for the night.

In other news, Stadium already needs to be deleted from the Demolition playlist. They recently removed Nuketown, which is lame because Nuketown is what Nuketown is and everybody knows what's in store when it comes up. Stadium, though, is just truly 100% spawn-camping already. People plant A to get it out of the way and reduce traffic there, then they put on Lightweight and spend every single life sprinting straight to our spawn, picking off a few guys, dying and repeating for the rest of the match. Sure, this happens with a 1-2 guys in almost every match of Demo but on Stadium it's fucking absurd... Literally everyone does it, it's so fucking tiresome. :(
Yeah I just wound up quitting out of the game and taking a break.

The more I read about impressions here, the more I'm certain I'll just save my money when the map pack comes out for the PS3. Played for another hour or two yesterday on my brother-in-laws Xbox with the new maps and every one of the maps just seemed to be non-stop camping. No thanks!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I haven't really had any issues. I actually switched back to default search preferences (after using locale and locale only for a while) and have had a better experience overall. I mostly play Ground War, so I was probably hurting myself trying to get matches with regional people only when you consider that there's never really more than 20,000 people playing it. But it's really hard to tell how useful the locale searching is when you don't really know where it's looking. Not sure if it's truly better for people who live in heavily-populated areas, or the opposite.

cameltoe

10) Your suggestion!

this is so fucking frustrating. They run up on me in a tight space from the left side, I start shooting and they suddenly pop over to the right! I then watch the kill cam and they never came from the left, they were on the right the whole time! WTF

Not sure if you're a fan of this but I can usually crush with this setup, but its not ideal for closer quarters:

M16 with ACOG, ghost, sleight of hand, hacker, semtex, concussions/nova.

Also I'm a huge supporter of the MP5 with a reflex. The Aug is pretty damn good, too.

I'm probably in the minority that I dont use the ak74 or the famas.

jedimike

cuevas said:
This user was banned for this post.

Geesh, I hope not. Getting banned for your play style is pretty lame despite how unpopular your play style is. Obviously Treyarch expects a certain amount of camping as they included emblem icons like tents, campfires, and even marshmallows.

Saw the funniest shit. Some guy was crawling prone on the ground and the enemy comes up right behind him and starts crawling next to him and this shit is going on for the longest while. I am very sure they weren't friends.

Xux

10) Your suggestion!

M14+Grip, M1911+Extended Mags, Scavenger, Steady Aim, Hacker

jedimike said:
Geesh, I hope not. Getting banned for your play style is pretty lame despite how unpopular your play style is. Obviously Treyarch expects a certain amount of camping as they included emblem icons like tents, campfires, and even marshmallows.

I always got a kick out of the hidden sleeping bag and campfire in Quarry.

eek5

Mush said:
The knife stuff sucks. They nerfed it a bit too much, to the point where sometimes it will work depending on your latency and sometimes it won't work at all. I have an incredibly difficult time knifing on host now for whatever reason and 80-90% of my knives used to come within the new lunge range. In that clip though both of them miss knives that it looks like they should've gotten. The follow through on the guy singing is terrible though. Galil is 3hk at that range and he barely gets his 3rd hit right before he dies. Unfortunately for him the guy he killed is using last stand and also lands a kill with his last bullet, at the same time.

The video does show how terrible 750rpm weapons are at close range if you plan on spraying around wildly though.

vatstep said:
Not sure if anyone cares or if this would even be entertaining to watch, but here's a stream of the GameStop Black Ops tournament finals thingy going on right now:

http://www.gamestop.com/mrkt/landing/codfinals/
Is this the tourney where the guy running it was rigging all the results to get his teams to the finals?

Man, any tips on getting decent at this game online? I'm lvl 25 and I prefer tdm or domination but I'm mostly a free kill. I'm try turning my sensitivity to 2 and it helped a bit but I still blow. My k\d is normally .50 and if I'm really lucky 1.00. I just seem to suck at aiming, people will run at me from across a map and I'll miss with like every single bullet in my clip, lmao. I've tried the ak74u,famas and galil. I seem to do best with the galil.

eek5

BloodElfHunter said:
Man, any tips on getting decent at this game online? I'm lvl 25 and I prefer tdm or domination but I'm mostly a free kill. I'm try turning my sensitivity to 2 and it helped a bit but I still blow. My k\d is normally .50 and if I'm really lucky 1.00. I just seem to suck at aiming, people will run at me from across a map and I'll miss with like every single bullet in my clip, lmao. I've tried the ak74u,famas and galil. I seem to do best with the galil.

try noob tubing, you only have to get close!

f0nz0

BloodElfHunter said:
Just Keep playing.

luoapp

BloodElfHunter said:

Aiming down the sight (ADS)

eek5

m60wut.jpg

try the m60 too! it is rare that you'll miss with all 100 bullets in the mag. if you do then try extended mags :(

BloodElfHunter said:

-Don't play with the sensitivity settings too much, you'll never get used to it if you keep tinkering with it.
-Stick with your teammates, but let them lead the charge.
-Clear corners. Basically, go to iron sights when you're moving past a corner so you're ready if someone is there.
-Hip-fire. It's surprisingly effective and works great if you're firing while transitioning from hip-fire to iron sights.
-Learn where people hang out and try to anticipate them. Every map has pretty popular camping spots and front lines. Find those and be prepared when you get near them.
-If you see a bunch of teammates dying in an ally, don't go down that ally. Try to find a new way to flank them.
-Galil and AK74u. Stick with those, you'll eventually get used to how they handle. The silencer works very well with the Galil and I love the double mag with the AK.
-Slow down. If you run around like a chicken with your head cut off, you're probably going to get picked off pretty quickly.

Just some that came to mind.

G_Berry said:
FFS the dashboarding on 360 is rampant.

Fucking grow a pair you little sore loser cunts!

Yeah, I've got a mate on my list with a 5.2 kdr and another account where he's got it at 5.75. He's in the top 70 worldwide I think for SPM, but when I play with him, I notice he dashboards when he has a shocking game (which isn't often, mind you.)

The cunt steals all the kills and although we always win, I can't seem to play well with him. He tips the balance too much haha.

Mush said:
That's exactly what I'm talking about! For me, that situation occurs countless times each match. Nothing will connect and both players spaz out. Or I spaz out as the killcam shows the other guy calmly and surely taking aim and killing me...

Are Treyarch adressing this about as much as napalm fire, meaning not in the slightest? (Someone please tell me I missed the patch note on napalm...)

G_Berry said:

Yeah, it really is fucking rampant right now. I swear every single match I play has at least one host migration, and 1 in 5 ends in dashboarding... WTF is going on? Is everybody pissed at the lag, maybe?

G_Berry said:

it happens everytime I play. Some kid or team has to back out b/c they're getting their ass whopped. I tell guys who I play with that if they back out, I'm not playing with them again. It's annoying... period and we shouldn't be hypocritical.

But jesus at the level of trashing talking. Some kid accused me the other day of hacking and camping. Apparently if you stay in a corner for aaround 5 sec your a camper also if you continuously get hs b/c of your bottom top aiming your a hacker with aimbot. I laugh at the kids who loosely use these terms.

snacknuts

we all knew her
BloodElfHunter said:

I would recommend forcing yourself to use the M16 for awhile, just until you get the hang of using burst fire. With the fully automatic ARs your accuracy will be a lot better if you fire in bursts instead of just holding down the trigger.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
zesty said:
I would recommend forcing yourself to use the M16 for awhile, just until you get the hang of using burst fire. With the fully automatic ARs your accuracy will be a lot better if you fire in bursts instead of just holding down the trigger.
Hell yeah. I went back to the M16 the other day after not having touched it since the first prestige and it's a sick gun. The three-round burst is refreshing and I rarely have to use more than one burst (hardcore represent).

Top Bottom