• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

vhfive

I really don't think the new maps are all that bad. I really like Stadium, Berlin Wall and Discovery are decent maps that provide the game with longer sight lines unlike most of the maps the game shipped with. Kowloon is the only map I really don't like but that maybe because I still don't understand the flow of the map.

Also I played zombies for the first time the other day and had more fun than I thought I would. I'm definitely gonna go back to it.

If VALKYRAY is just trolling then put him on ignore, problem solved.

VALKYRAY said:
since when did telling facts become trolling
you are wasting your time for arguing on facts

You belong on the official BO forums, not here. I don't think I've ever cared about someone's opinion less than I do yours.

Jesus Christ! I have been screwing around recently using more shotguns and sniper rifles.

The sniper hate is ridiculous. Hate mail and being cursed out in the lobby. One match on Grid they were ALL coming after me . To the point that I was able to communicate to a few guys with mics to simply set up an ambush around me and it was working

Its very childish. I will keep sniping for now.

Pennybags

I've been running a Lightweight/Sleight o' Hand/Marathon duel-wield SMG class a lot lately— even in Search & Destroy!

The hate I get fuels me. It's always funny to hear kids bitch at me, calling my setup and playstyle "noobish" while they hide in a corner with a rapid fire/grip AK74u, etc.

Pennybags said:
I've been running a Lightweight/Sleight o' Hand/Marathon duel-wield SMG class a lot lately— even in Search & Destroy!

The hate I get fuels me. It's always funny to hear kids bitch at me, calling my setup and playstyle "noobish" while they hide in a corner with a rapid fire/grip AK74u, etc.

Which SMG? I have yet to find an SMG that works well akimbo...

vhfive

divisionbyzorro said:
Which SMG? I have yet to find an SMG that works well akimbo...
Same, though I have found success with dual pythons. The only problem is you have to reload after each encounter.

Maffis

Hip-fire is too effective in this game. It's getting lame running into people carrying AK74u w/ rapid, grip and steady aim. Goddamn sniper hip-fire.

Nizz

I know the talk here is mostly about the MP, but I went through the campaign on Hardened and it wasn't as bad as I expected. Just need patience. Think I'm going to try Veteran one of these days.

*ok, back to MP talk.

Ryck

Maffis said:
Hip-fire is too effective in this game. It's getting lame running into people carrying AK74u w/ rapid, grip and steady aim. Goddamn sniper hip-fire.
You can't do that, you need Warlord unless you find a gun with both grip and rapid already on it.

Mileena

Banned
purple cobra said:
I know the talk here is mostly about the MP, but I went through the campaign on Hardened and it wasn't as bad as I expected. Just need patience. Think I'm going to try Veteran one of these days.

*ok, back to MP talk.
The part on top of the hill where you gotta kick the barrels is the only really annoying part on vet. Seriously FUCK that part. I didn't know I had to kick those barrels for the first hour of trying :lol

VALKYRAY

Banned
Anerythristic said:
the game is of such low quality. With poor hit detection and bullet lag that you can't even snipe effectively if you wanted to.
yeah, bullshit lag. you clearly shot the guy in the face with L96, then you get a hitmarker? sometimes you even get nothing?
this game is so inconsistent i dont even wanna call it a game, i call it a bitch

Nizz

corkscrewblow said:
The part on top of the hill where you gotta kick the barrels is the only really annoying part on vet. Seriously FUCK that part. I didn't know I had to kick those barrels for the first hour of trying :lol
Damn, you started the game on Veteran? I played through on Normal the first time through. Believe it or not, I made it through the part you're talking about without ever having triggered the barrels part, lol.

I may give Veteran a go though one of these days.

kuYuri

purple cobra said:
Damn, you started the game on Veteran? I played through on Normal the first time through. Believe it or not, I made it through the part you're talking about without ever having triggered the barrels part, lol.

I beat it on veteran and it wasn't that bad. About the same level of MW2's veteran.

Nizz

Strider2K99 said:
I beat it on veteran and it wasn't that bad. About the same level of MW2's veteran.
That's cool then, I beat MW2 on Veteran. I never did beat COD4 on Veteran though, except for Mile High Club go figure. :)

VALKYRAY said:
yeah, bullshit lag. you clearly shot the guy in the face with L96, then you get a hitmarker? sometimes you even get nothing?
this game is so inconsistent i dont even wanna call it a game, i call it a bitch

Yeah stop sucking
so much
man.

aku:jiki

I've been messing around with classes now that I have 10 slots and I have a new favorite kit! It's pretty old news I guess, but for me it's a huge change from how I normally play... Talking about rapide fire, steady aim and nothing but hipfire, even for mid-range. Normally I'm a huge ADS addict so it's a pretty big deal for me to never aim. Holy shit it's so good, it just screams "UNBALANCED!" every time I kill someone. :D

Tried to make a "tac-knifing" kit (ballistic knife + ADD perks) like some people do too but that just wasn't fun in any way, not at all like MW2 knifing. Also, it's funny how akimbo is way less powerful and accurate than rapid fire! That's kinda random.

Mileena

Banned
purple cobra said:

It's not so bad.

Stoner! I love doing that ^_^

vhfive

aku:jiki said:
I've been messing around with classes now that I have 10 slots and I have a new favorite kit! It's pretty old news I guess, but for me it's a huge change from how I normally play... Talking about rapide fire, steady aim and nothing but hipfire, even for mid-range. Normally I'm a huge ADS addict so it's a pretty big deal for me to never aim. Holy shit it's so good, it just screams "UNBALANCED!" every time I kill someone. :D

Tried to make a "tac-knifing" kit (ballistic knife + ADD perks) like some people do too but that just wasn't fun in any way, not at all like MW2 knifing. Also, it's funny how akimbo is way less powerful and accurate than rapid fire! That's kinda random.
yea I'm the same way but I tried steady aim for the first time about a month ago (was trying to get pro on all my perks) and was blown away how good it was.

user_nat said:
You only died 13 times, you can't have been trying that hard to get captures.

Although you did do better than the guy on your team with 0 caps and 31 deaths.

Have you ever played a short handed domination game when your team isn't helping? You end up running around defending both and it's impossible to hold on to B. You just have to kill them all and recapture it. They just held on to two for a little longer and won.

kuYuri

aku:jiki said:

I just did this kit. Does wonders in FFA. I went 29-14, majority of kills were with knife, with like two exceptions.

I had Scout as my tier 2 perk so I could build up the secondary weapon requirement. Works like a freaking charm too. All you need is Lightweight and Marathon Pro and you're good.

spiderman123 said:
anybody up for TD

msg SHIVAPRO (xbox)

Invite me if you're still on.

luoapp

cuevas said:
Wrong, it started 6v6 and two left early on.

So it's a balanced game at the beginning.

Which one is worse, you complaining about your team short of one or two players, or someone whining in this thread fxxking Treyarch put them on a fxxking losing team. Both are ridiculous and pointless, imo.

Mr Sandman said:
When I played core I thought dual Macs and Steady Aim worked pretty well. I don't recall having any success with dual wielding in HC. :(

Dual pistols tear people apart in HC, at least in Free For All. I still mainly use it as my joke weapon if I'm way ahead but I end up scoring a lot of kills with them.

Edit: I'm still running into this strange problem where I'm booted from a match because I'm "Not signed onto PSN". Problem is I never disconnected and I'm still logged onto PSN when I get the error. Am I the only one this is happening to?

Mr Sandman said:
I tried Pythons but did awful with them and went back to the speed loader. I should try the 1911s or ASP (you can dual wield them right?).

I love the M1911's because the sound they make when they reload is strangely satisfying. The CZ75's are great too, but I think the rapid fire attachment is better then going akimbo.

luoapp said:
So it's a balanced game at the beginning.

Which one is worse, you complaining about your team short of one or two players, or someone whining in this thread fxxking Treyarch put them on a fxxking losing team. Both are ridiculous and pointless, imo.

We get put into matches that are already underway every time we queue up. We just stay in those lobbies till they clear out which happens pretty often. Then when people start to quit they do not filled back up which gets annoying. We win a few games then the lobby is empty and we have to go join another game in progress.

Everyone I play with has open NATs and sometimes people do get put into our matches but its usually like 3v3 then 5v3 and then we do some 4v4 and the lobby dies. I play with my roommates sometimes and it works with them and without them, they just need to make it consistent.

Wow, removing Stopping Power really WAS for the best. I'm seeing some truly diverse class sets. Hardened is the least used perk slot, and for good reason to boot.

TacticalFox88 said:
Wow, removing Stopping Power really WAS for the best. I'm seeing some truly diverse class sets. Hardened is the least used perk slot, and for good reason to boot.

Having sleight of hand with it was stupid, in cod4 I used to get a third of my kills through walls now you can't use deep impact unless you give up the best perk in the game (besides flak jacket)

Man playing with scrubs can be so infuriating in Domination.
We are losing flag A so I rush back to defend only to see my teamates spawning and running away from A. Turn around idiots and help me out. For fucks sake green flags are good. AAAAHhhhhhhhh!
Does anyone play to win anymore?

Xux

corkscrewblow said:
That's a funny way to spell G11

I never really got the G11 hype; the M16 seems almost completely neutered without Stopping Power and the G11 isn't much better. I dunno if they're better than the semi-auto ARs but I don't think they touch the auto ARs.

jedimike

Xux said:
I never really got the G11 hype; the M16 seems almost completely neutered without Stopping Power and the G11 isn't much better. I dunno if they're better than the semi-auto ARs but I don't think they touch the auto ARs.

There is no G11 hype or conspiracy. It's one of the least used guns in the game and you can't get it until you're at level 44. It's strictly a mid to long range AR. People complain because it has pretty accurate hip fire, but at close range a full auto AR or SMG will win most of the time.

It's a fun gun to play around with, but I find myself using the M16 much more often. My two most used AR's are the Commando (when I get there) and M16. Honestly, I feel I do equally well with all of them except for the Enfield... I feel like I'm shooting marshmallows with that thing.

Top Bottom