• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

VALKYRAY

Banned
3ur4zn said:
Haha you try so hard but always fail.

Anyway, I've been playing absolutely shithouse for the last two weeks. Returned to WaW...Rapeage! I can't go less than 40 kills in a TDM every game. Fuck I'm awesome.
let me guess, mp40 jug. i never even played that garbage and i knew about your set up. you are awesome indeed

VALKYRAY said:
let me guess, mp40 jug. i never even played that garbage and i knew about your set up. you are awesome indeed

The definition of irony.

If I use MP40, it's always with camouflage. Pisses cunts off.

If I'm running ang gunning on CQ maps, Thomson or the PPSH do the trick, as the Thompson wipes the floor with any gun at close range and I immensely enjoy the PPSH's large drum and recoil-free death-mongering.

If it's a tank map, I hit up the STG-44 with stopping power, with satchel's for explosive tank goodness.

If I'm in the mood for sniping, Springfield it is.

Valky, if you are going to play a Treyarch game, (as you are right now), make it the best one in the series. WaW is the most solidly built COD game yet, and has map design your little brain could barely fathom. I'd be happy to introduce and royally devour you at the earliest convenience.

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
Okay. Curious why the Mythbusters are covering it then.
So that's what that crap was! Not patched. I got shot, then immediately knifed by thin air as I respawned and that was just late last week. :(

So...what, in like a week or two now that there's videos on it, basically every other death will be a double death? Wow... Talk about a final nail in the coffin.

cuevas said:
Haha maybe if you suck. Sure its a disadvantage but nothing that's hard to get over.
Bullshit. I far from suck and I'm finding it next to impossible to kill 3 bar players, at least if they're good players. 3 bar guys in this are like 1 bar guys in other CoDs...

Obviously, it comes down to playstyle and, also obviously, you're a defensive player. Lots of ADS'ing behind cover. (No, I'm not calling you a camper.) When you do that, lag isn't very noticable until it becomes beyond absurd. If you play like me, however - always running and taking corners by rushing past it ready to hipfire, as opposed to walking up to the crate by the corner and checking that it's clear first, or jumping out if I know there's someone there and so on - it becomes impossible to play.

Happens all the time that I get a massive jump on a player who should not stand any chance whatsoever (like a level 23 guest who has obviously never played before and is crouching around in a weird part of the map), I unload in his face and the netcode can't keep up, shits out and somehow I end up dead. Probably because the other guy moved very slowly and the netcode could keep up with him but not with my Lightweight ADD'ing, or something to that effect.

aku:jiki said:
This conversation really needs to die already. Please stop downplaying the lag problems in this game, you're making Treyarch think there's no problem and there really is a HUGE problem. It's just that a few common playstyles don't really notice.

I agree, there is definitely a problem there. I switched back to MW2 a few days ago(at the request of a friend) and I thought that game was annoying with lag before Black Ops came out but now I see its definitely not as bad as Black Ops. Switched even farther back to COD4 and it was like butter. :)

Its sad because it seems Black Ops is pretty damn balanced especially compared to MW2. It loses so much potential due to the lag that happens with slightly non perfect connections. If only Black ops had the challenges for obtaining emblems and playercards like in MW2 rather than just buying them(boringgggg) it would be my favorite COD. The challenge menus mean nothing to me now, whereas in MW2 it gave me something to stride and look forward to and incentive to try different playstyles, perks, weapons, etc.

Bullshit. I far from suck and I'm finding it next to impossible to kill 3 bar players, at least if they're good players. 3 bar guys in this are like 1 bar guys in other CoDs...

Obviously, it comes down to playstyle and, also obviously, you're a defensive player. Lots of ADS'ing behind cover.

Nope, add me on XBL and you can see for yourself. You better not turn out to be like that 3urz junior who says he run 'n' guns but turns out to be a camper.

cuevas said:
Nope, add me on XBL and you can see for yourself. You better not turn out to be like that 3urz junior who says he run 'n' guns but turns out to be a camper.

If I'm a camper, you're playstyle is basically stationary. ; )

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Treyarch fucking fails at tech compared to IW with MW2 on PC. The game ran retardedly smooth and looked better than BLOPs, yet I still get the occassional hitch in BLOPs after six patches and shader warming being added (and turned on of course).

Stallion Free said:
Treyarch fucking fails at tech compared to IW with MW2 on PC. The game ran retardedly smooth and looked better than BLOPs, yet I still get the occassional hitch in BLOPs after six patches and shader warming being added (and turned on of course).

It's to be expected since IW had been working on the PC since MOHAA. 2015/IW/Respawn makes these games with their own vision and have very different motivation for making these games. Treyarch and other for-hire studios just want to get the job done; right now most of these FPSs are born on the 360 and ported to the other platforms because it has the biggest audience.

tsigo

Would you idiots just ignore Valk, already? My ignore only works if the people I don't ignore stop quoting his inane, full-on-retard posts.

tsigo said:
Would you idiots just ignore Valk, already? My ignore only works if the people I don't ignore stop quoting his inane, full-on-retard posts.

Maybe you are just retarded and he is so smart you don't get it, HUH!?

cuevas said:
Maybe you are just retarded and he is so smart you don't get it, HUH!?

gmSxv.jpg

VALKYRAY

Banned
one think i like about black ops is the hip fire accuracy is so damn good.
no scope in black ops has much higher chance getting a kill than in MW2.
gonna get some 720 no scope clips later

Mileena

Banned
VALKYRAY said:
one think i like about black ops is the hip fire accuracy is so damn good.
no scope in black ops has much higher chance getting a kill than in MW2.
gonna get some 720 no scope clips later
:lol :lol :lol

Hmm, I've been trying the knife/corpse glitch for quite a few matches today and I can't get it to work. Does it only work sometimes or what's the deal?

I swear it's not patched as it happened to me last week and I remember noticing a guy getting a strange amount of doubles on the same people on Stadium like 3 days ago, but I guess it's not much of a problem if it's not very easy to pull off... Then again, neither was the care package glitch really. :/

Hmm, I've been trying the knife glitch for quite a few matches today and I can't get it to work. Does it only work sometimes or what's the deal?

I swear it's not patched as it happened to me last week and I remember noticing a guy getting a strange amount of doubles on the same people on Stadium like 3 days ago, but I guess it's not much of a problem if it's not very easy to pull off... Then again, neither was the care package glitch really. :/
I'm not certain, but doesn't the glitch only occur if you knife someone that is using the last stand perk? I thought it was introduced because of the latest changes so that might be why it's not working. If you DO figure it out, please don't continue to do it though!

Hmm, I've been trying the knife/corpse glitch for quite a few matches today and I can't get it to work. Does it only work sometimes or what's the deal?

Or you know...you could just not do it.

eek5

It has to do with knifing them right as they are respawning so you have to time it to that. If they watch the killcam (unlikely) then it will be hard to time, obviously.

Ryck

Stallion Free said:
I find it simple and enjoyable. I don't play the game solely to get XP.
Yeah me either, I just love the game play and the strategy involved. I like using reverse psychology, and anticipating how they are going to come at me after I have killed them.

corkscrewblow said:
TDM gives dogshit exp, such a pointless mode.

That depends how you look at it. If your just interested in maxing your exp gains then I would say your sort of missing the point of the game. :p

I have friends like that, who find certain modes fun, but play the modes they dont enjoy as much just for exp. If you genuinly think TDM is a poor mode from a gameplay perspective, then my bad I can understand why people would think that. I kind of like it simply because of how simple it is.

Mileena

Banned
Nah, I just enjoy having an objective that's more interesting than "kill the other team"

I like Search because I can't get spawn raped, far less use of killstreaks and the objectives (offense, defense AND KILLING PEOPLE YEEEEEA). But I'm a CS player, so that's just me.

Got put into lobbies WITH THE WORST PEOPLE. I got my average SPM to like 350 in domination (not lolground war) and had 1 terrible game but still won. I got a loss somehow last week but my friend who I always play with was on a 60 win streak until we got put into a match where it was impossible to win. But tonight I had about eight 20+ kill streaks since I was just using the old Uav/CounterUav/Blackbird setup. It's fun beating up on terrible people sometimes.

Sooooo... apparently the enemy defused the bomb the moment it exploded. The round continued yet the bomb had exploded and killed two guys to top it off. Wtf treyarch? Lmao.

bGHgM.jpg

cuevas said:
Got put into lobbies WITH THE WORST PEOPLE. I got my average SPM to like 350 in domination (not lolground war) and had 1 terrible game but still won. I got a loss somehow last week but my friend who I always play with was on a 60 win streak until we got put into a match where it was impossible to win. But tonight I had about eight 20+ kill streaks since I was just using the old Uav/CounterUav/Blackbird setup. It's fun beating up on terrible people sometimes.

Have you been into the cooking sherry? Talk sense my man.

Xux

Damn, just went against three sets of splitscreeners with a full party. Their team got a total of seven kills.

G_Berry

Banned
Does anyone know how I would go about getting the other zombie maps, The ones that were in the special edition?

Is there a way to buy them or use a code? Does anyone have a spare code?

G_Berry said:
Does anyone know how I would go about getting the other zombie maps, The ones that were in the special edition?

Is there a way to buy them or use a code? Does anyone have a spare code?
Your only option is a spare code. For some random reason they haven't made any public plans about releasing them, and the theory that they would be drip-fed through map packs turned out to be incorrect.

I'm feeling pretty annoyed by it myself. I bought the prestige edition for the maps alone, but none of my friends did and were instead planning to pick them up separately whenever they release...which is looking like never right now. Okay, Treyarch, what the fuck am I supposed to do with online multiplayer maps no one on my friends list can play?

yoopoo said:
W/L ratio in this game is meaningless, if you play with a 3 bar connection its impossible to win against someone with a 4 bar connection. At start of every match I check the connection, if I don't have a 4 bar connection...I back out. Which counts as a loss.

Most of my losses are because of this reason.

Been doing this forever. The difference between 3 and 4 bar can get as bad as four fucking seconds differential.

i.e. I was using the Olympia with sleight of hand. I fired two shots at a player only got one hit marker and was killed while reloading.

On the kill cam I never even fired a shot at the player. LOL. I simply quit out.

This game is shit, it might be fun shit but its still shit. The issue is that whoever is left in this room has already downed the Kool Aid.

I play it for now but its the last Treyarch product I buy, for sure. With MW2 you were fighting with the broken gameplay system it was easy to get around with this game you are fighting a broken infrastructure...

Meier

One thing I wish was a little different about Blops is the clear discrepancy in gun quality vs level. It feels like it throws off the balance a lot IMO. I only play off and on (think I am up to level 39) and I'm so much better with the Commando and that lvl 50 gun that looks like it'd be a shotgun but is an AR. I wish I didn't have to rely on getting lucky and finding one of those two guns on the ground to feel like I was at my max capacity so to speak.

In MW2, I could use the FAMAS from lvl 1 until prestige and feel good about it. :(

snacknuts

we all knew her
Meier said:
One thing I wish was a little different about Blops is the clear discrepancy in gun quality vs level. It feels like it throws off the balance a lot IMO. I only play off and on (think I am up to level 39) and I'm so much better with the Commando and that lvl 50 gun that looks like it'd be a shotgun but is an AR. I wish I didn't have to rely on getting lucky and finding one of those two guns on the ground to feel like I was at my max capacity so to speak.

In MW2, I could use the FAMAS from lvl 1 until prestige and feel good about it. :(

Meh, that's a personal preference thing. I use the Galil almost exclusively and you get that at level 20. The Famas (lvl 14) and AK74u (lvl 17) are also extremely popular and get unlocked fairly early.

zesty said:
Meh, that's a personal preference thing. I use the Galil almost exclusively and you get that at level 20. The Famas (lvl 14) and AK74u (lvl 17) are also extremely popular and get unlocked fairly early.
Yeah, good luck having enough "money" to buy all those unlocks, perks and attachments by level 20. Not possible if you have more than 1 standard kit. (I have four myself, one playstyle for each map type.)

It's been mentioned before, but the system is just cumbersome and stupid. I'm level 45 and about ready to dump everything again when I'm done building my favorite classes. That just feels so circular and pointless to me...

Yeah, good luck having enough "money" to buy all those unlocks, perks and attachments by level 20. Not possible if you have more than 1 standard kit. (I have four myself, one playstyle for each map type.)

It's been mentioned before, but the system is just cumbersome and stupid. I'm level 45 and about ready to dump everything again when I'm done building my favorite classes. That just feels so circular and pointless to me...
True, but it's not like the trip there is days of gameplay or anything.

I prestiged last night. I actually tried to do the wager match deal, but sucked so I didn't get that influx of money this go round.

Logged off at level 14 I believe and that was less than 2 hours later with the accompanying wait times etc so that wasn't 2 hours of actual playing.

I picked all my main perks(none are existing ones that are unlocked), bought my guns, changed from frag to semtex, bought claymores and concussion grenades....essentially spent about as much as I could other than buying new killstreaks which I just leave as is anyhow.

By the time I hit level 20...say another 2 hours max of play time, I'll have more than enough money for the entire rest of the prestige. If you have LOTS of very different class setups I guess it could be a problem, but don't most people settle into just a few setups with just slight variations such as the guns or a perk or two different?

snacknuts

we all knew her

Like it or not, the leveling system has to be one of the features that keeps people coming back to this franchise. If you want the same guns and equipment as everyone else from the outset, there are plenty of shooters out there for you. If you don't offer better equipment for the players as they level up, it removes a lot of the incentive to bother with it in the first place.

Man, I just had a death that damn near made me spit on the floor and punch my wife in the face. I mean, motherfucking seriously, Treyarch?

I was battling this pesky fuck that was taking my team out like crazy, and I was the only one on my team with a killstreak going when this bastard showed up and tried to ruin my flow. He got the drop on me but I escaped and ran around a corner and laid down on the ground to heal. He just ran straight past me with no clue. I get up behind him and start unloading, but because of the ridiculous flinching and twitching in this game and the fact that his character model stepped out of the way for him without him doing anything, I had to stop shooting for a split second and adjust aim.

In that half of a split millisecond where I moved my crosshair about 1/5th of an inch (seriously!), he flies around 180 degrees and kills me. With a FAMAS. WHAT?! How is that even lag?! Did I shoot him on his screen before I did so in real life, or what?

Fuck this fucking game. Today, my quest to get all my friends to get Crysis II begins.

zesty said:
Like it or not, the leveling system has to be one of the features that keeps people coming back to this franchise. If you want the same guns and equipment as everyone else from the outset, there are plenty of shooters out there for you. If you don't offer better equipment for the players as they level up, it removes a lot of the incentive to bother with it in the first place.
You misunderstood. I'm saying that having both a money and unlock system is weird and pointless.

Also, CoD has never been about unlocking the best guns last, it has never done this. CoD4 had the M16, MP5 and M40A3 unlocked from the start. WaW had the Thompson, Springfield and one more I'm forgetting. MW2 had the M4, UMP45, SPAS-12, Intervention, PP2000. Black Ops is the first game in the CoD series to have all crappy guns early on.

Your logic is sound, true, but it does not apply to CoD.

snacknuts

we all knew her
You misunderstood. I'm saying that having both a money and unlock system is weird and pointless.

Oh, my mistake. Yeah, the last CoD game I played before Blops was WaW, so I was pretty surprised that I had to buy guns once I finally reached the necessary level to unlock them.

Meier

Black Ops is the first game in the CoD series to have all crappy guns early on.

Your logic is sound, true, but it does not apply to CoD.
Right, it just feels so uneven if you're relatively low level and someone is just sitting on 50. It felt like there was less of an imbalance based solely off character level in MW2.

Fuck this fucking game. Today, my quest to get all my friends to get Crysis II begins.

Except that the Crysis II demo was complete shit from where I stand :). Unless they fix the melee, I see literally no point in playing that game.

Top Bottom