• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

cuevas said:
It takes like 3 or 4 matches to unlock the most used guns in the game, man up.
Yeah can't disagree with you at all on this. In a few games last night I got everything I went from level 1 to having everything I needed to be just as effective as when I was at level 50. I do like the Commando but for me the Famas and Galil work just fine....hell even the Enfield is a perfectly usable gun.

spiderman123 said:
Why the fuck do ppl think I am a girl whenever they play against me. I have a fucking dude as an avatar.

vxe106.jpg

Yes, I know what you meant. I dunno - do you have a high voice or something?

Xux

zesty said:
Like it or not, the leveling system has to be one of the features that keeps people coming back to this franchise. If you want the same guns and equipment as everyone else from the outset, there are plenty of shooters out there for you. If you don't offer better equipment for the players as they level up, it removes a lot of the incentive to bother with it in the first place.

No, the incentive to play should be how fun the game is. The game should still be well designed and not be imbalanced just for the sake of some stupid shit carrot-on-a-stick feeling. Leveling up should just give you more options. Ideally, I would rather had Create-A-Class unlocked at level one and you pick your first AR to buy, then get unlock the ability to unlock a second that you choose at level 6 etc. I think the pro perk system also goes against balance and good design.

And make SMGs cheaper; 5,000 CP for a viable close range weapon is pretty crazy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
spiderman123 said:
no it manly as shit but i don't have my mic plug in lol'd. It must be b/c of my gamer tag.

"Shivapro"

"Shiv-A-Pro"

"Stab with an improvised knife-A-Pro"

But I guess the morons of Live are thinking "SHIVA-Pro" as in the Myth Goddess?

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
Except that the Crysis II demo was complete shit from where I stand :). Unless they fix the melee, I see literally no point in playing that game.
Aw, what did I miss when I played it? Nobody meleed and everything seemed to work fine for me. Graphics were a little over-detailed for a multiplayer game but at least whatever I tried seem to work. What's wrong with it?

cuevas said:
It takes like 3 or 4 matches to unlock the most used guns in the game, man up.
Haha, no, you cocky bitch, it's time for you to man the fuck up and post at least 5 clips of you tearing shit up. I've posted dozens of clips and a montage to prove that I'm a good player, so either you put up or you finally just shut the fuck up with these annoyingly condescending little posts you keep making.

And, no, nobody cares about numbers in your combat record. Videos or shut up.

aku:jiki said:
Aw, what did I miss when I played it? Nobody meleed and everything seemed to work fine for me. Graphics were a little over-detailed for a multiplayer game but at least whatever I tried seem to work. What's wrong with it?

I played three matches after waiting 10 minutes to get put in a match. In all of them, the top player went 20+/2-, getting all of his kills with melee. So I said "fuck this game" and quit. :)

Haha, no, you cocky bitch, it's time for you to man the fuck up and post at least 5 clips of you tearing shit up. I've posted dozens of clips and a montage to prove that I'm a good player, so either you put up or you finally just shut the fuck up with these annoyingly condescending little posts you keep making.

And, no, nobody cares about numbers in your combat record. Videos or shut up.
Go watch, any of the replays, on my recent, games.

I play to be good and win, not make 5 second montage clips.

Decided to take a break from Assassin's Creed 2 and hopped on here for a while (Three games). A few things I learned:

• I still suck at sniping. Why I decided to start the session off with a sniper I'll never know.
  • Did they nerf the AUG or something? I can't hit shit with it anymore.
  • The MP5k is actually a lot of fun to use! Powerful enough to be a viable weapon, really good hipfire with Steady Aim, and it doesn't feel as cheap as the 74u used to.

Also, in my first two games I played like shit and we won. In my third I actually did really well, and we lost. C'est la vie.

jedimike

BigBlue1974 said:
Yeah can't disagree with you at all on this. In a few games last night I got everything I went from level 1 to having everything I needed to be just as effective as when I was at level 50. I do like the Commando but for me the Famas and Galil work just fine....hell even the Enfield is a perfectly usable gun.

Agreed. I even use the shit out of the M16. Slap an ACOG scope on it and it is 2nd only to the G11 for medium to long range firing. And if you need money, complete some contracts. I love Treyarchs leveling and money system. The matchmaking and netcode definitely need some work though.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
In my last four care packages, I've gotten mortars, a rolling thunder, a chopper gunner and a gunship. I wish I always had that kind of luck with these things.

Other than that, I'm not having much fun with this game lately — might be time for a break...

Got my ass whopped by this party these guys were fucking amazing except for 2 who were camping. There was one who just fucking did acrobatics in mid air and kill the shit out of you. One bullet would kill 6 men kindda shit.

jedimike said:
And if you need money, complete some contracts.
Yes, but spending 45 minutes to complete an 80 kill contract for a ridiculously low 1600 points is just inefficient and pointless. Just playing matches earns you more money faster.

Not to mention that the contracts have time locks, so what you're suggesting just doesn't work at all. The only contracts you can keep picking over and over are the ones that give you like 150 points, the ones that give you real money can only be picked once per day. What are you supposed to do with 1600 points per day? Buy half an attachment? Ooh.

cuevas said:
Go watch, any of the replays, on my recent, games.

I play to be good and win, not make 5 second montage clips.
Again, bro, the burden of proof is on you. I'm not going to put in the effort to add you and look at your clips just so you can keep talking shit, that's not how it works. Put up or shut up already.

Yes, spending 45 minutes to complete an 80 kill contract for a ridiculously low 1600 points is entirely efficient and works perfectly.

Not to mention that the contracts have time locks, so what you're suggesting just doesn't work at all. The only contracts you can keep picking over and over are the ones that give you like 150 points, the ones that give you real money can only be picked once per day. What are you supposed to do with a whopping 1600 points per day? Buy half an attachment? Ooh.

Again, bro, the burden of proof is on you. I'm not going to put in the effort to add you and look at your clips just so you can keep talking shit, that's not how it works. Put up or shut up already.

I agree with him on the fact that its much better to watch his most recent games than watch 30 second 'best moments'. You could flip it and say since your calling him out the burden of research is on you. I only say that because with Black Ops you have the ability to watch his last 100 or so games and you will learn much more about someone's game-style from watching random recent games, than seeing the stuff they want you to see.

vatstep - everytime I get Gunship out of excitment I tend to re-roll. Im such an idiot. :(

Yes, but spending 45 minutes to complete an 80 kill contract for a ridiculously low 1600 points is just inefficient and pointless. Just playing matches earns you more money faster.

Not to mention that the contracts have time locks, so what you're suggesting just doesn't work at all. The only contracts you can keep picking over and over are the ones that give you like 150 points, the ones that give you real money can only be picked once per day. What are you supposed to do with 1600 points per day? Buy half an attachment? Ooh.
Yeah, but you can complete contracts without playing any differently. Essentially some extra points/xp for no extra effort.

Here's a montage I thought was pretty damn sick, as the kids say! It's all Black Ops (which seems oddly uncommon for montages, lots of people are still putting in MW2 clips etc) and there's some insane L96 skill on display here. Love the way they edited the quad feeds to fit the song too! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M30owWFNDOQ

bobs99 ... said:
You could flip it and say since your calling him out the burden of research is on you.
You could argue that, if "netiquette" didn't supercede that and say you shouldn't be on forums talking shit if you can't back it up. Talk shit, get called on it. Them's the internet rules.

buy teh haloz said:
Essentially some extra points/xp for no extra effort.
Very little extra points, is the point here.

You could argue that, if "netiquette" didn't supercede that and say you shouldn't be on forums talking shit if you can't back it up. Talk shit, get called on it. Them's the internet rules.
No, that is my response. I have 100 videos that I feel good about on there. I don't need to cut anything out.

cuevas said:
No, that is my response. I have 100 videos that I feel good about on there. I don't need to cut anything out.
By internet rules, this means that you're admitting that you're a camper and you're shit at the game, and nobody needs to listen to your cocky-ass posts ever again. Cool with me!

Amen. The best part is that he genuinely thinks he's some kind of COD hero haha. I've seen his matches, and let's just say, he should be thanking his lucky charms he always plays with better players.

So I decided to try and seek out Ninja Pro today. Argh.

First of all, what a pack of fucking chumps that play that mode. It took me 8 games of Demolition to get the required 10 plants, and I'm amazed I didn't put my foot through the telly the amount of times I saw teammates camping in corners, hundreds of metres away from the target site, leaving me to do all the fucking work and get killed constantly, in every direction, from 6 opponents who only have to worry about two attackers because the rest of my team is CAMPING IN FUCKING CORNERS.

Perhaps it's a more enjoyable mode with a party, but lone wolfing it makes it a nightmare.

My kd dropped .2 points while playing that mode. Fuckers.

3ur4zn said:

First of all, what a pack of fucking chumps that play that mode. It took me 8 games of Demolition to get the required 10 plants, and I'm amazed I didn't put my foot through the telly the amount of times I saw teammates camping in corners, hundreds of metres away from the target site, leaving me to do all the fucking work and get killed constantly, in every direction, from 6 opponents who only have to worry about two attackers because the rest of my team is CAMPING IN FUCKING CORNERS.

Perhaps it's a more enjoyable mode with a party, but lone wolfing it makes it a nightmare.

Lone-wolfing demolition is frustrating at the best of times. I, like you, hated every second of my quest for Ninja Pro (one of the many reasons I have no desire to prestige again).

snacknuts

we all knew her
3ur4zn said:

When I was trying to get Ninja Pro during my first time leveling up, I got seven plants in the first demo match I played. Of course, I didn't realize until after the game had ended that I did so without Ninja active, so none of them counted. :lol/:cry It was such a frustrating, horrific experience after that (and with such a weak payoff) that I haven't bought the Ninja perk since then (currently on my second prestige).

3ur4zn said:

Man, if you see Stadium come up in Demo, you need to back out or you will kick your TV. You haven't seen frustration yet!

Also, tactical insertion! Just use that to get your plants done - hell, you can use it to score 10 in one match. Mad dash in to the unpopular plant site (usually A), put a tac in a tricky place, plant and let the first enemy who comes kill you and defuse. Respawn, kill him, re-plant, repeat.

Mileena

Banned
3ur4zn said:

You're better off trying in Search honestly. Ninja pro is the only perk I even bother trying to get pro as soon as I prestige and the most annoying thing for me is the backstabs... it's only five but I hate knifing so it always takes me like an hour or so of just trying to knife people in the back. Plus there's the random times when you knife someone in the back but the backstabber thing doesn't register. I guess it's better than the 50 close range kills in MW2 though.

kuYuri

corkscrewblow said:
You're better off trying in Search honestly. Ninja pro is the only perk I even bother trying to get pro as soon as I prestige and the most annoying thing for me is the backstabs... it's only five but I hate knifing so it always takes me like an hour or so of just trying to knife people in the back. Plus there's the random times when you knife someone in the back but the backstabber thing doesn't register. I guess it's better than the 50 close range kills in MW2 though.

I hear Ballistic Knife works wonders for Backstabber medals. Just make a knife running class, play some FFA, and you'll get it in no time.

3ur4zn said:
Amen. The best part is that he genuinely thinks he's some kind of COD hero haha. I've seen his matches, and let's just say, he should be thanking his lucky charms he always plays with better players.

Yeah, I get carried.

wjyj2o.jpg

Three hit markers with a Stakeout? Kiss my ass, Treyarch!
Still went 27-14 in that game with the Stakeout, without using any lethal killstreaks! I was kinda proud of that.

And I'm serious guys - if you keep shitting up this thread with this kind of personal stuff, it's going to get shut down eventually. In the end, you're all pubstars. You're getting into a pissing match over who's better at killing random players, the vast majority of whom are dreadfully awful, in a video game on the internet. And in the absence of skill-based matchmaking, it's an inane conversation to have. So please keep it out of this thread.

Instead, let's ponder what would have happened if my grenade had gotten there just a split-second sooner...

Agreed division.

I've actually joined an "over 30 years old" clan. Nobody is particularly good but we have fun and everyone actually tries to win when we play objective style games.

Xux

buy teh haloz said:
Huh? Every gun is the same price.

I'm saying most of them need Rapid Fire to approach the kill speed up close that the FAMAS and AUG have.

I'd really like them to either lower the FAMAS, AUG, and Stoner damage or raise the 30-20 damage SMGs to 35-20. The game's pretty much balanced in my eyes if they do either of those though the nerf makes more sense to me. It'd also be nice if they could balance the high rate of fire SMGs against each other without making them too similar.

Xux said:
I'm saying most of them need Rapid Fire to approach the kill speed up close that the FAMAS and AUG have.

I'd really like them to either lower the FAMAS, AUG, and Stoner damage or raise the 30-20 damage SMGs to 35-20. The game's pretty much balanced in my eyes if they do either of those.

I would just make the standard clip size halfway between the current size and the extended mag size, and give them all 50% more ammo. That would be good enough to make the SMGs viable in my mind. For example, I actually really like the MAC11, but you have to use Scavenger and Extended Mags to make it work. If I could have some more flexibility, I'd integrate the SMGs into my playstyle a lot more.

Regarding the Stoner, it does have a ridiculous DPS. I wouldn't change much about it though, other than give it a slightly longer reload, longer ADS, or wider hipfire circle. Or maybe just a smaller clip size would be enough. I don't really think it's OP as it is though. The FAMAS and AUG just need a lower fire rate.

Those are my thoughts anyway. You're the numbers guy around here though; I trust your opinions on CoD math pretty much implicitly. :)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Hey guys, I have a problem and I need advice. My cousin came over today and brought his copy of Black Ops (PS3) so we could play. He had brought it before many months ago and we managed to successfully play online just fine. However, I load the game and it tells us it needs to do a system update (version 1.06, I believe). So I prompt to start the 39 MB update and it goes to download it...but the problem is that it says it's going to take like 300+ minutes to download the update. Wtf? I search online for fixes, and read to delete the game data/save...I did that...still the same problem. I can play the single player just fine, it just won't download the patch. What gives? I don't even have none of that homebrew stuff installed on my PS3 and my other games can connect/download patches just fine. Any fixes?

See, it's been like 15 minutes now and it's at 4% with 332 Minutes Left to go. :\

How easy is Free-For-All?

I just
barely
won my first FFA in months using nothing but akimbo Makarovs and Spy Planes.
And one kill from a sentry gun that I stole.

Top Bottom