• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

AwesomeSauce said:
I have a decent K/D, but i also have a beast of a W/L ratio sitting around 3.07 last time i check. Yes i play to win suckas.

I really need to play with a party more often. I play almost nothing but Domination, and when you play solo, winning is essentially a toss-up based on the what teammates you draw. Or, more specifically, it depends upon whether or not the other team is in a party. I'd kill for a Mercenary Domination playlist; lone wolfs who prefer to play objective modes shouldn't be penalized by having to take randoms against parties...

divisionbyzorro said:
And you've now got me curious about what'll happen if I grab the LMG/hardened class and spray through the rock wall...

I hopped into a private match to play around with this. I sprayed an LMG all over that wall and never got a hitmarker. I banked concussion grenades around the corner and nothing happened. I banked flashbangs around the corner and flashed myself. It's a pretty bizarre map glitch, and something to keep in mind (like the invisible walls on Crisis).

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
divisionbyzorro said:
I really need to play with a party more often. I play almost nothing but Domination, and when you play solo, winning is essentially a toss-up based on the what teammates you draw. Or, more specifically, it depends upon whether or not the other team is in a party. I'd kill for a Mercenary Domination playlist; lone wolfs who prefer to play objective modes shouldn't be penalized by having to take randoms against parties...

Yeah i only play if my friends are on. Playing with randoms suck.

Makoto

I like to think my K/D is amazing but W/L sits at 1.40 (around there) from mostly playing TDM and something I've learned from playing TDM is that it is hard to carry a team to victory. You could get a chopper gunner, gunship, SR-71, any of that but if you're the only competent person on your team (with the only positive K/D ratio) then your team is gonna get rocked. This is on PC of course where partying up isn't even really an option.

Ryck

cuevas said:
Went back to fuck around in MW2 today, that game is awful. Probably even worse than WaW.
I did too, however I enjoyed the lack of game destroying lag. I got lucky and was playing with mostly straight forward playing people. Take away the balance issues and stupid perks and that game would be great. Since that is impossible here's to hoping Treyarch does something about the lag in Black Ops.

Ugh, tonight was nasty. Massive lag, horrible teammates. Managed to squeeze out a couple of good games though. Oddly enough, I've started to get really good at that abomination of a map, Kowloon; lots of chokepoints for RPGs to do some damage.

And I gotta say; the Valkyrie Rockets can be fun, but would be way better if you could pocket the second rocket for later use. I can clear a domination point, but now what do I do with the other rocket? I just have to waste it when it would be put to better use if I waited.

Ryck

Tkawsome said:
I still go back to CoD 4 from time to time. It holds up great, but with the PS3 hackers I always suspect people are cheating.
Yeah... I really do think it was the best one of the lot. Which reminds me I need to re buy it.

maomaoIYP

Ryck said:
I did too, however I enjoyed the lack of game destroying lag. I got lucky and was playing with mostly straight forward playing people. Take away the balance issues and stupid perks and that game would be great. Since that is impossible here's to hoping Treyarch does something about the lag in Black Ops.

I've been playing MW2 for the past two nights actually. While there are still plenty of people who are running around doing the game breaking stuff I'm generally having quite a good time just shooting folks without having to worry about frame dropping everytime someone enters or leaves the game or calls in a napalm. Also, three bar games are so much less laggy.

23m7n6t.jpg

Anyone else getting this error? I've never seen it before. I'm on the 360. I checked the website and it says the servers are up.

aku:jiki

It's a little weird how theater rendering can produce glitches not present when viewing... Check this clip out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz5QUwkC-fc

All of these are messed up... The rear-view mirror covering my view in clip 1 isn't there at all when viewing, I don't scope in anywhere near that fast in clip 2 and in clip 3 there shouldn't be any smoke at all. How did theater make so many changes in such a short clip?

Ryck said:
I did too, however I enjoyed the lack of game destroying lag.
maomaoIYP said:
I'm generally having quite a good time just shooting folks without having to worry about frame dropping everytime someone enters or leaves the game or calls in a napalm. Also, three bar games are so much less laggy.
divisionbyzorro said:
Ugh, tonight was nasty. Massive lag, horrible teammates.
Sooner or later, dvb, you're going to have to admit that I've been right all along! :D

Hubba-EX

Neo Member
I have also not been getting points for capping in Dom, been happening for weeks now. Someone should post it on their boards/twitter.

aku:jiki said:
Sooner or later, dvb, you're going to have to admit that I've been right all along! :D

All I've ever said is that I remember just as many ups and downs with regards to lag in MW2 as I've had in Black Ops, and that since I kinda sucked at MW2, I don't consider myself a good authority on which deaths were my fault and which ones weren't. :)

And by "horrible lag" last night, I mean that I had two games where it was literally a slideshow, and for some reason host migration never kicked in. Either people have figured out how to lagswitch, or my personal connection was really bad.

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
And by "horrible lag" last night, I mean that I had two games where it was literally a slideshow, and for some reason host migration never kicked in. Either people have figured out how to lagswitch, or my personal connection was really bad.
It was neither, you just pulled host. It happens sometimes, which is why almost every match has host migration - nobody wants to play in 5fps.

Had a session two days ago where my connection was being too good - I just could not escape host! Just had to stop playing completely, no match was playable. :/

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I pull host fairly often and very rarely have problems with it. Occasionally the framerate might drop for about 5 seconds, but normally it is smooth sailing. Maybe the problems only occur outside of TDM?

user_nat said:
I pull host fairly often and very rarely have problems with it. Occasionally the framerate might drop for about 5 seconds, but normally it is smooth sailing. Maybe the problems only occur outside of TDM?
Don't think that is it. I was host for quite a few games last night on Domination and everything went fine. I've had some rare occasions where it does glitch and I get major slowdown, but that hasn't happened for some time now for me. I'm fine with being host, everything feels nice and crisp and you don't have to shoot too many bullets to get the kill.

It was neither, you just pulled host. It happens sometimes, which is why almost every match has host migration - nobody wants to play in 5fps.

Had a session two days ago where my connection was being too good - I just could not escape host! Just had to stop playing completely, no match was playable. :/

I had a 3-bar host? That's a really shitty host!
Where's :lol when you need it :(

No, in all seriousness, everybody in these two matches save for one guy had three bars, and the game was moving at 5-10 FPS. It was quite bizarre.

Normally I only notice host issues when there's a Napalm drop. Otherwise I rarely see the "host disadvantage" anymore.

Ryck

Oh great here come the agendas.. look the lag is bad REALLY bad and yes it is worse than in Mw2 ( so is the hit detection) but Treyarch can still make this right. After all if they fix those two things this game would be close to perfect.

Fyi: I played yesterday only using the Scar-H with Cold Blooded and the lag difference was very clearly apparent. This was after playing Black Ops for about an hour and then immediately switching to Mw2.

That's funny.

I barely ever lag. I'm on 360, in Australia. Even when hosting, smooth as silk. Maybe I got the rough end of the stick with MW2 in the same way you're copping it from BO?

Even so, this game is extremely well balanced. You cannot say the same for MW2.

Ryck

3ur4zn said:
Even so, this game is extremely well balanced. You cannot say the same for MW2.
I don't think anyone is talking about the balance. We are complaining about the lag, I am playing the Ps3 version if that makes a difference I don't know. I remember reading somewhere (maybe it was here) that the ps3 version wasn't as good, but that's a whole other issues since both versions of Mw2 were nearly identical on both systems.

I get an FPS drop on the 360 maybe once every few matches, no biggie. The hit detection is more noticeable in black ops because it takes more bullets to kill people so more chance for the game to fuck it up, playing MW2 yesterday felt like hardcore black ops. The shitty netcode was still there in previous games it was just hidden by that. What can you expect from an engine made by people who had been working forever on the PC though?

Ryck

I still don't understand why it takes more bullets to kill someone in BO's... oh well heres hoping for a fix

Psn: Dominat-R if anyone wants to party up today, playing Mw2 atm but Im down for whatever.

Ryck

cuevas said:
Because they designed it that way? And fix the lag or make it take less bullets?
Which ever makes it play better(or hide the lag as you say). It shouldn't take more than a few bullets from a SMG or AR to kill someone.

Gonna try some hardcore Black Ops.

Ryck said:
Which ever makes it play better(or hide the lag as you say). It shouldn't take more than a few bullets from a SMG or AR to kill someone.

Gonna try some hardcore Black Ops.

That's part of the appeal for me, most campers are usually sucky players who have to sit and aim at one spot to get kills. With black ops they have a harder time getting kills because they have to actually aim. I'll take it.

Ryck

cuevas said:
That's part of the appeal for me, most campers are usually sucky players who have to sit and aim at one spot to get kills. With black ops they have a harder time getting kills because they have to actually aim. I'll take it.
Yeah that is true, I had not thought of it that way. I just hate when I am firing half a mag into someone and then I get stabbed in the face.

XeroSauce

Prestiging is such a bitch. I ran into a team on Summit HQ where literally everyone was running AK74u. I picked on up (Rapid Fire and Grip, so original) and I NEVER ran out of ammo the entire match, there were 74us e'erywhere.

Then the server admin tubes me, and then bitches that I jumped over it.

USD

Just started playing this about a week ago. Ugh, who decided on the Pro Perk requirements? In MW2, SitRep Pro (which took me +4 days of play to unlock) was probably the main reason I never really considered Prestige Mode. There's nothing that ridiculous I've seen, but completing some of the required challenges are pure luck of the draw. I just want to unlock Ghost Pro, but I've seen a sentry gun a grand total of two times since I started, and of course, I never had a reasonable opportunity to take either one down. Talk about not fun. Might as well do an intentional set-up with a friend at this point.

Recarpo

USD said:
I just want to unlock Ghost Pro, but I've seen a sentry gun a grand total of two times since I started, and of course, I never had a reasonable opportunity to take either one down.

Start using sentry gun as a killstreak and throw the package marker where the enemy is spawning. Get a few more shots at it that way.

The MW2 thread popped up on the first page of the gaming section randomly today. It's amazing how fast everybody on that thread jumped ship once the Black Ops multiplayer reveal happened. The OT2 only got to 8 pages!
Yes, I like 50 posts per page; postcount snobs can deal with it.

And Aku, I don't want to pick on you too much, but after your defending of MW2 recently, I did get a kick out of reading all of your bitching about all of the little annoying glitches back in the MW2 thread.

This old post really does sum up my feelings of MW2:

fistwell said:
The highs are so high... but the lows are so, so, SO low...

Top Bottom