• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Strider2K99 said:
A 360 title update just went up. SHIVAPRO (spiderman123) even got kicked from a game, while I didn't. Weird.

Also Mercenary Moshpit went live.

yah it went to "you must me logged in xbox live something etc etc." ( in the middle of the game) Then when I tried to go back into the game it made me download the update.

edit: I'm pretty sure I got a lost for it too.

Strider2K99 said:
Fuuuuu, Mercenary Moshpit replaces Merc TDM. =/

Holy shit, are you serious? If I owned Black Ops I'd be so pissed right now. MTDM was the ONLY mode I ever played in COD4 and MW2. What an outstanding fuck up on Treyarch's part.

aku:jiki

Strider2K99 said:
Fuuuuu, Mercenary Moshpit replaces Merc TDM. =/
Whaaat? That's so not cool. Merc TDM is the only TDM I want to play! :(

Granted, I don't play it very often but this has got to suck for TDM diehards. There's quite a few of those out there, so this decision seems weird...

Treyarch said:
* • The in-game store now hides DLC map packs that do not match the language of the player’s disc to decrease the possibility of users downloading the incorrect language version.
Wait, wait, wait... That wasn't fixed a month ago when the pack came out? They've been letting people get fucked over for a full month?! Whaaaat? (Again!)

aku:jiki said:
Wait, wait, wait... That wasn't fixed a month ago when the pack came out? They've been letting people get fucked over for a full month?! Whaaaat? (Again!)

Whinge to MS, apparently it was their doing.

Anyway, good to see they've kept pumping out the title updates. Cheers Treyarch

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Horrible horrible connections all night long on the PS3. Yet somehow I managed to escape the session with a 2.15 ratio in TDM. I'll take it on a night like this.

I miss playing COD. Shiva you lucky son of a bitch.

I'm away from home, did not bring my 360 here, internet sucks anyway, I get like 1.7mbps here, brutal to what we get in North America. I'm in India by the way.

Mercenary Mosphit! Sweet!

But why would they drop Merc TDM? I guess TDM is in Moshpit, but I worry about TDM diehards backing out every time a non-TDM game pops up. I hope it's just temporary to try to get the playlist population up at the beginning. I just hope that the playlist sticks around and stays populated for the rest of this game's lifespan.

sweetvar26 said:

I'm away from home, did not bring my 360 here, internet sucks anyway, I get like 1.7mbps here, brutal to what we get in North America. I'm in India by the way.

I spent two weeks in Bangladesh in January; I know your pain! And I still have two more trips planned for the rest of the year. :( The internet wasn't horrible, but not good enough for CoD.

By the way: I need an Aus-GAF representative to answer a question for me: I'm turning into something of a globetrotter for work, and might end up taking a trip to Perth later this year. If I brought my 360 to play COD, would it just work? I'm woefully ignorant about the different TV types; does Australia use PAL? Can I even make it work?

divisionbyzorro said:

But why would they drop Merc TDM? I guess TDM is in Moshpit, but I worry about TDM diehards backing out every time a non-TDM game pops up. I hope it's just temporary to try to get the playlist population up at the beginning. I just hope that the playlist sticks around and stays populated for the rest of this game's lifespan.

I spent two weeks in Bangladesh in January; I know your pain! And I still have two more trips planned for the rest of the year. :( The internet wasn't horrible, but not good enough for CoD.

By the way: I need an Aus-GAF representative to answer a question for me: I'm turning into something of a globetrotter for work, and might end up taking a trip to Perth later this year. If I brought my 360 to play COD, would it just work? I'm woefully ignorant about the different TV types; does Australia use PAL? Can I even make it work?

Yeah, Australia users PAL, but an adaptor should sort you out just fine. I can't see why it wouldn't work, as long as you're happy to fork out the bunce for an AC-adaptor, etc.

Pennybags

I've been "wallbanging" like crazy with the M60 w/ Extended Mags and Hardened on S&D. I don't even have to aim, just walk and shoot. It drives people nuts, and I love it.

sweetvar26 said:

Damn, that's a little bit more than what I normally get here in small-town Georgia. I'm envious.

luoapp

divisionbyzorro said:

That's exactly what I will do. Teamwork with random player is pointless, even ridiculous. Team what? There is no team!

cuevas said:
The real problem is that people now play to have good KD ratios, try and put a montage together, or get a good game for a commentary. No one wants to play to actually be good or win anymore. They just say "why try when my shitty team isn't going to help me?" Shitty excuses just to try and have a good KD.
luoapp said:
That's exactly what I will do. Teamwork with random player is pointless, even ridiculous. Team what? There is no team!

:jakncoke

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
XeroSauce said:
Yea, the Xbox player count was/is glitching out and Trey said they are fixing it.
Ha, I just figured there were a ton of students on spring break.

DRE Fei

divisionbyzorro said:
Hey folks guess what?

Double XP this weekend for all platforms.
Is there something special going on this weekend or something? Sorry, but I've been away from black ops for a little while. I downloaded the patch a few minutes ago, but the snipers seem as shitty as always. Anyway I hope they fix the matchmaking.

Tamanon

Banned
DRE Fei said:
Is there something special going on this weekend or something? Sorry, but I've been away from black ops for a little while. I downloaded the patch a few minutes ago, but the snipers seem as shitty as always. Anyway I hope they fix the matchmaking.

Map pack for PS3 drops on the 6th I think.

Maybe it's the placebo effect talking, but I'm loving Merc Mosh Pit, especially after going three for three in terms of wins! :)

One thing I've noticed is that when I play this list, I actually feel like I can make a real difference in terms of winning or losing, and I play the objective a lot harder than I would in a regular Domination game. Since I know I'm facing another team of randoms, I feel like my individual effort can mean a lot more, rather than feeling like it's one against a million. Sure, there are definitely going to be games where I get all the tards on my team, but so far I've enjoyed it.

tsigo

venom2124 said:
That is awesome. There is no way that has happened more than a few times (legit). Did the guy say anything in the lobby after the match?

Yeah, that's pretty great. Enough people play that it could literally be one in a million, if not more.

Stantron

venom2124 said:
That is awesome. There is no way that has happened more than a few times (legit). Did the guy say anything in the lobby after the match?
I was in a party chat with a buddy. For some reason I couldn't hear anyone else speak, but my buddy could. He said they all had a pretty good laugh about it in the lobby afterward.

The guy who killed me with the semtex was the same guy who got killed by the crate. I was running the Hardline with SAM/Care/Sentry killstreaks. Normally, I wouldn't put the markers down so carelessly, but there was only a few more kills left in the match, I figured I'd at least get some points for throwing them down, even if the match would end before I got to use them. Apparently, the guy didn't realize I threw down more than one package marker. And I didn't even realize what happened until I saw the care package chopper in the kill cam. I was like, "Wait a second.... Ohh shiiii...." It was dumb luck, but still pretty sweet. :)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Sorry if this was asked before but the most recent patch says they tweaked the sniper rifles. Does anyone know what specific changes they made?

XeroSauce

henhowc said:
Sorry if this was asked before but the most recent patch says they tweaked the sniper rifles. Does anyone know what specific changes they made?

Someone said they improved hit detection, but I don't see how that works unless they improved hit detection overall, and not just snipers.

Make that five for five on Merc Mosh Pit! Managed to win two TDM games in a row, although I totally got carried through the first one, and we barely squeaked by in the second (some guy managed to tube his way to a care package, pulled out a Grim Reaper, and plowed through about 8 dudes to even up the score with a kill left). But a win is a win! I'm not going to complain. :)

Magik

henhowc said:

It's a lot easier to quick-scope from what a few people have told me.

Just incase anyone here is interested, some twats on the BO forums are organising a class action lawsuit against Treyarch and Activision after being banned from playing online.

Hahahahahaha.

aku:jiki

Hahah, WTF! I just had such a bizarre experience...

We were playing some Demo on WMD and this kid was being a cunt bastard, doing hardcore spawn-camping, the dirtiest kind with claymores and basically just standing behind our spawn constantly ADS'ing the same spot. When we grew tired of it, we just said fuck these kids and coordinated ourselves with a new goal - to ignore the objective and do nothing but fucking these little twats over. Said and done, we worked as a team and went from being spawn-raped to crushing them in theirs. The highlight was me scoring dogs, and getting like 7 of the required kills on the worst bastard...in a row!

Anyway, after all this, the kid starts spamming me with chat invites and messages for 90 minutes straight! 90 minutes! I didn't even have to respond, I'd just get a "ur shit" or whatever every 5 minutes until I logged off. That was actually a little creepy...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just got this message from someone....

"bravo you made me rage quit I can't stand hackers"

EDIT: I replied "You so crazy!"

Him: whatever at least im fairplay i do not know guys are coming on ghost without a blackbird

me: we had two blackbirds

Basically he was using ghost and camping and I found him and killed him a lot

Brian Fellows said:
Just got this message from someone....

"bravo you made me rage quit I can't stand hackers"

EDIT: I replied "You so crazy!"

Him: whatever at least im fairplay i do not know guys are coming on ghost without a blackbird

me: we had two blackbirds

Basically he was using ghost and camping and I found him and killed him a lot

yah most players think they are Jesus at COD till someone better comes along and rapes the shit out of him. Then they blame hacks, aimbots and turtlebeaches.

:p though I have AX Pros

edit: and bad lag. I'd give it to them if they had three bars and I got 4 but then to camp WITH GHOST yah fuck him

Doffen

CALL OF DUTY®: BLACK OPS DEMO AVAILABLE NOW

Epic Single Player Mission, WMD,
Comes to Xbox LIVE, PlayStation®Network

Santa Monica, CA – March 2, 2011 – The thrilling mission from Call of Duty®: Black Ops, WMD, is now available worldwide for download as a single player demo on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and on PlayStation®Network.

Revered as one of the most gripping levels in the blockbuster title that shattered entertainment records, WMD is a heart-pounding experience that takes players deep behind enemy lines as an elite Black Ops operative engaged in covert warfare, classified operations and explosive conflict. Players defy death every step of the way as they infiltrate Soviet airspace in the SR-71, the most advanced, high-altitude, long range strategic aircraft imaginable. Deep behind enemy lines, players will engage in intense combat in the harshest of conditions, and scale a formidable, hidden enemy base perched atop a snow-filled mountain range.

Created by Treyarch and published by Activision Publishing, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), Call of Duty: Black Ops is rated “M” (Mature) by the ESRB for Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence and Language. Fans can also look for the Call of Duty®: Black Ops First Strike map pack available now on Xbox LIVE® and scheduled for release on PlayStation Network on March 3. For additional Call of Duty® updates, visit www.callofduty.com/blackops and also via Twitter @Treyarch.
Suprise!

Makoto

That's one thing about the CoD community that makes me sad. I know try hard didn't originate in CoD but the way it's been perpetuated as an excuse for anyone who is just playing against good players speaks levels of the skill of the people using the word.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
cuevas said:
So what, when you don't "try hard" do you play with one hand or something?

I guess it was because i drop shotted one of them on the final kill cam and ended the match 11-1. The "try hard gun" they said i was using granted was the famas which i picked up from their dead body.

Why must treyarch always fuck with mercenary playlists? They didn't even bother including them in waw and now they converted mercenary tdm to mercenary moshpit. It ain't broke, dammit.

Top Bottom