• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

tsigo

How about shoot down the chopper and/or the harrier? End of "that shit". Done.

I'll never understand whining about MW2's killstreaks, with the exception that chaining promotes camping. But overpowered and all that is bullshit. Shoot it down or stop running out in the open like a moron.

tsigo said:
How about shoot down the chopper and/or the harrier? End of "that shit". Done.

I'll never understand whining about MW2's killstreaks, with the exception that chaining promotes camping. But overpowered and all that is bullshit. Shoot it down or stop running out in the open like a moron.
Harriers are pretty glitchy when it comes to shooting them down though. Missiles will often just go right through them.

aku:jiki

buy teh haloz said:
Harriers are pretty glitchy when it comes to shooting them down though. Missiles will often just go right through them.
That's true and this probably isn't much help a year too late, but you can fix that by aiming until the Stinger locks, wait an extra second or so, then aim away violently and fire before the beeping stops. Seems to raise the accuracy for whatever fucking reason.

Call of Duty is awesome. (I need :lol right now!)

3ur4zn said:
:lol

But what was the last guy doing?! And why did he fall through solid ground?

That's a friend who uploaded the clip. He was laughing at us and trying to see if he could "peer over" to watch us fall. The angle is weird-he actually fell off the side.

divisionbyzorro said:
I'll be honest: I never get tired of these videos that ONLYUSEmeBLADE puts out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoNYd9a0-qY

I need to try this out. I did something similar in Sitcks and Stones where I just started hitting guys with the tomahawk. Mine was more out of necessity though since I was lagging pretty bad and that was much faster to attack then the crossbow/ballistic knife. I only got a couple of kills but because I was tomahawking everyone I ended up winning the match. High Roller too, so I'm sure I pissed a few people off.

Nizz

RJNavarrete said:
From a YT Video:

So there was this crazy party at my ESTATE last night, which was located next to a TERMINAL, in AFGHAN, just 10 miles from a local QUARRY.Everyone was totally wasted. The place was like a SCRAPYARD.There was this girl that said she wanted to DERAIL me.So i went to a RUNDOWN hotel in FAVELA, there was RUST everywhere.I felt her KARACHI, it was bare like a WASTELAND.The feeling gave me a HIGHRISE.I then entered her UNDERPASS, went so deep i hit her SUB BASE.She loved the INVASION

lol.
Lol! Haha! :D

Xux said:
I do. Kind've annoying how they dedicated a whole premier director slot to one gimmick playstyle type and obnoxious commentary.

Shit, I don't enjoy any of the premier directors' videos.

Obviously we all have our own opinions, but I really like Blade. He's a good ol' boy who doesn't pretend to be anything other than what he is. Blade and Woody are the only two CoD commentators who put out videos that I actually look for; the others that I sub to are generally just fillers (not that there aren't other good ones out there, but after a point they tend to all blend together).

EDIT: You know, we all kinda talk around the Machinima network, but we never really talk about it. What do you guys think about their products? Do you think that they've had a positive influence on the series? What do you think about the faces of their company (Hutch, Seananners, Sark)? Do you think that what they do has legs, or is this bubble about to burst?

Xux said:
I do. Kind've annoying how they dedicated a whole premier director slot to one gimmick playstyle type and obnoxious commentary.

Shit, I don't enjoy any of the premier directors' videos.

I dont have a problem with the commentaries they put forth, it's the gameplays that I have an issue with. Basically, the games just aren't that fun to watch, partly because of play style and partly because black ops itself isn't that fun to watch. the only youtube players I enjoy watching are DahGame360( not for his shitty commentary, but for the gameplays ) and TheSandyRavage ( whenever he decides to play ) as their both top 100 players who actually rush

Tkawsome said:
I need to try this out. I did something similar in Sitcks and Stones where I just started hitting guys with the tomahawk. Mine was more out of necessity though since I was lagging pretty bad and that was much faster to attack then the crossbow/ballistic knife. I only got a couple of kills but because I was tomahawking everyone I ended up winning the match. High Roller too, so I'm sure I pissed a few people off.

I decided to give it a try tonight on a mid-level match; it's not really worth it unless you just get off on hearing people cuss you out. It's just too frustrating. The one guy repeatedly threatening to hack my account was entertaining, but the experience just wasn't fun. It's much more entertaining to watch it than to do it yourself.

divisionbyzorro said:
I decided to give it a try tonight on a mid-level match; it's not really worth it unless you just get off on hearing people cuss you out. It's just too frustrating. The one guy repeatedly threatening to hack my account was entertaining, but the experience just wasn't fun. It's much more entertaining to watch it than to do it yourself.

Yeah, my attempt didn't last long. I gave up halfway through and started trying to win the match. I caught up though, managed to get a very close second place.

Recarpo

divisionbyzorro said:
I'll be honest: I never get tired of these videos that ONLYUSEmeBLADE puts out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoNYd9a0-qY

So much fun to do that every now and then. I'll hop into a gun game with a buddy and just stab the bejesus out of people. The best, though, is when 1 or 2 other people start only stabbing and it's just hilarious. My best was around 59, I think, and I had super ultra host that game.

ismaboof said:
I don't play this game in months and go 18-1 in my second match. Has the player base gotten worse?

If my recent games are any indication, they certainly have. Three games last night had me teamed up with guys going 3-18+. One guy even went 3-35. How the hell am I supposed to even come close to winning a TDM round when I've got guys like that to support? Sigh.

Encountered the worst player I've ever seen tonight, Shinn3000. He went 0 -19, which meant me and another guy had to rack up 33 and 32 kills respectively to scrape a 6900 - 6700 victory, meaning 4 of our other players managed FOUR kills between them. Ridiculous.

I went and watched Shinn3000's recent games after, and he seems to have been unable to grasp the concept of "sprinting", let alone aiming and killing. I sent him a rather rude message and retired for the evening, which made me feel better about myself.

3ur4zn said:
Encountered the worst player I've ever seen tonight, Shinn3000. He went 0 -19, which meant me and another guy had to rack up 33 and 32 kills respectively to scrape a 6900 - 6700 victory, meaning 4 of our other players managed FOUR kills between them. Ridiculous.

I went and watched Shinn3000's recent games after, and he seems to have been unable to grasp the concept of "sprinting", let alone aiming and killing. I sent him a rather rude message and retired for the evening, which made me feel better about myself.

I sent the guy on my team who went 3-35 a harsh message, too. I felt bad about it afterward, but c'mon, you can't play that badly and no seriously consider that maybe you're a huge liability to your team.

Ryck

I have to agree with the rage e mailers..although I usually just tell them to try Combat Training till they are decent enough to not bring entire teams down.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Some pretty crappy connections today but it was still a good day overall. I managed to destroy a sentry gun by level 17 and got my precious Galil unlocked.

Now I just have to spend a couple of hours shooting down UAV's in classic to get Ghost Pro.

Stallion Free said:
I'm glad I don't play with you guys.

Also, checking game histories over a poor performance? Talk about creepy stalker-esque stuff.

This is the same dude who took out his detective kit and went to town on another gaffer's gamercard, studying which COD games he had/hadn't played in a pathetic attempt to catch him in a lie or something.

So it's not surprising to me that he would take time to watch multiple matches of a stranger and send a hate message. It's creepy, but it's also incredibly sad.

Can't say I've ever looked at someone else's combat record. I've checked out lobby leaderboards, and that's the extent of it. Blame the devs for not implementing skill-based matchmakingj there are shitty players in every game, and they shouldn't have to play against me any more than I should have to play against or with them.

Ryck

You guys prolly already know about this but I noticed this glitch today. When using dual mag you only get to use the taped mag once, but if you kill someone pick up their weapon and then re-pick up your original gun ( with the dual mag) it resets the taped mag.

Makoto

KoreanBarbecue said:
I sent the guy on my team who went 3-35 a harsh message, too. I felt bad about it afterward, but c'mon, you can't play that badly and no seriously consider that maybe you're a huge liability to your team.

Please tell me you at least reminded him that by him performing so horribly in TDM, he directly helped the other team. Harsh message or not, these players need to be reminded that if they're going negative, that's pretty much the equivalent of watching someone cap your point in Dom and doing nothing about it.

Nizz

divisionbyzorro said:
EDIT: You know, we all kinda talk around the Machinima network, but we never really talk about it. What do you guys think about their products? Do you think that they've had a positive influence on the series? What do you think about the faces of their company (Hutch, Seananners, Sark)? Do you think that what they do has legs, or is this bubble about to burst?
Hutch seems pretty cool. There's something about watching Seananners videos though. Seems like he could be a cool guy if you know him in real life but I can only watch so much of his videos.

Something about his delivery in his commentaries that, I don't know.. kinda puts me off from watching too much. He's a very good player though. :) Better than I can ever hope to be. As far as their influence on the series, I feel like their channel has helped in COD's popularity.

It's probably also led to a ton of kids wanting to get their videos on for the "kill of the week" with 360 degree, no scoping/quick scoping gameplay imo.

purple cobra said:
Hutch seems pretty cool. There's something about watching Seananners videos though. Seems like he could be a cool guy if you know him in real life but I can only watch so much of his videos.

Something about his delivery in his commentaries that, I don't know.. kinda puts me off from watching too much. He's a very good player though. :) Better than I can ever hope to be. As far as their influence on the series, I feel like their channel has helped in COD's popularity.

It's probably also led to a ton of kids wanting to get their videos on for the "kill of the week" with 360 degree, no scoping/quick scoping gameplay imo.

I used to think he was a very good player, but after seeing better players on youtube and getting better myself, i've come down from my opinion on him quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djVuHYMYVG8

best player in the CoD community, AND he plays the objective hard

computers putin' said:
I used to think he was a very good player, but after seeing better players on youtube and getting better myself, i've come down from my opinion on him quite a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djVuHYMYVG8

best player in the CoD community, AND he plays the objective hard

I'll agree with you that Hutch isn't the absolute best, but he deliberately doesn't upload those types of videos, for what it's worth. He feels (and I agree) that super-high K/D games are more representative of the idiocy of the other team than of your own skill. Occasionally he'll drop one onto his secondary channel which he just started (HolyCrapItsHutch), but not always even then.

In the end, to make good videos, you need good commentary and good gameplay, which is why players like Hutch and SeaNanners got to where they are (and living in close proximity to where Machinima headquarters is didn't hurt matters either). In the absence of skill-based matchmaking, it's impossible to know whether a score in a video was "good" or not. I could go 20-10 against a team that's at my skill level, and that would be more impressive to me than to go 50-5 against a team of idiots. So you either have to always upload insane scores (and that bar is constantly being raised), or you have to make interesting videos regardless of the score.

aku:jiki

I guess he's not on Machinima (why the hell not, actually?), but my new favorite is Xbox Ahoy. No comment needed, I suppose, since his videos speak very clearly for themselves!

He posted a great april fool's - a Minecraft weapon guide where he made Minecraft game winning killcams and stuff. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKeap6TbgKc

PalaceBrother said:
Agreed on both counts. It's a game fellas.
While I don't condone stalking and harassing, I'd say that logic goes both ways. 0-19 dude doesn't have to be in there, it is just a game. He should obviously go do something else. 0-19 can't be any sort of fun anyway.

Jack Scofield said:
This is the same dude who took out his detective kit and went to town on another gaffer's gamercard, studying which COD games he had/hadn't played in a pathetic attempt to catch him in a lie or something.

So it's not surprising to me that he would take time to watch multiple matches of a stranger and send a hate message. It's creepy, but it's also incredibly sad.

I'm glad I don't play with you guys.

Also, checking game histories over a poor performance? Talk about creepy stalker-esque stuff.

:lol

You guys portray it as though I trawl through the nether regions of the internet, looking for the slightest bit of dirt on someone to consolidate an argument.

In 0-19 guy's case, I clicked Combat Record > Recent Games > Watch recent game.

In Cuevas case, I clicked the centre dashboard button > Friends List > Cuevas's GT > Games Library.

I mean, I should be headlining Anonymous or some shit the way you guys go on. You can't say Hacker Pro without 3UR4ZN, right guys?! :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
aku:jiki said:
While I don't condone stalking and harassing, I'd say that logic goes both ways. 0-19 dude doesn't have to be in there, it is just a game. He should obviously go do something else. 0-19 can't be any sort of fun anyway.
Who knows? Maybe he does enjoy trying it? I mean who gives a fuck how people play games?

aku:jiki said:
I guess he's not on Machinima (why the hell not, actually?), but my new favorite is Xbox Ahoy. No comment needed, I suppose, since his videos speak very clearly for themselves!

He posted a great april fool's - a Minecraft weapon guide where he made Minecraft game winning killcams and stuff. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKeap6TbgKc

Agreed. No other videos on YouTube are as well-produced and informative as his are.

Stallion Free said:
Who knows? Maybe he does enjoy trying it? I mean who gives a fuck how people play games?

Me, when I get enjoyment from games from winning them? I don't give a fuck if he was on the other team and went 0 - 19, but to hamper my enjoyment invalidates any compassion I have for him. He was a prestige one too, meaning he's at least played the game for more than a day, at the very least. It's ridiculous.

I know you exist in a sort of Narnia-like existence, but give me a break.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
3ur4zn said:
I know you exist in a sort of Narnia-like existence, but give me a break.
snookix9hz.gif

O D I N said:
Love ONLYUSEmeBLADE.

:equips flak jacket

So how do you guys feel about a knifer/tomahawker? > >

I hate any method of which the sole purpose is to piss people off in a manner outside of the typical 'getting killed' frustrations. Seeing as though he puts the videos on YouTube and baits people into reacting, I don't really like it/him.

Griefers suck, etc. I don't mind if other people find them funny, but I don't and get no enjoyment out of watching them. If anything, it convinces me that there should be a counter to knifing.

Top Bottom