• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

O D I N

PalaceBrother said:
Nice work! That's my favorite map, and that area is a fantastic choke point if you're careful.

I'm not a big fan of the map myself, but here's something I love doing.

When you're downstairs, in that spiral room with the crates before going upstairs, place a jammer by the crates. The jammed area is now the whole building. :)

Magik

Fuck! I just lost a high roller wager match to a bunch of fucking scrubs because of the hit detection. Ridiculous commando knifing all over the place and point blank shots missing entirely.

Fuck you, Treyarch.

O D I N

purple cobra said:
By chance did you submit this to Machinima's channel? I could have sworn I saw somebody tearing shit up like that on that same map. Either way, nice job.

This girl's pretty beast with the tomahawk imo... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3db1pob69bc

aku:jiki was the one who first brought her to my attention. Sweet voice ;)

I haven't submitted anything to anyone. Do you have the link by chance?

I'm a big fan of Ms.Danielle myself. I'm still learning how to bank shot like that. If you like her stuff, check out Vikstar123. I actually got clued in to Ms.Danielle from him. My 'thing' seems to be long range shots.

Example in the second kill here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfolyJrOjW4

Nizz

O D I N said:
I haven't submitted anything to anyone. Do you have the link by chance?

I'm a big fan of Ms.Danielle myself. I'm still learning how to bank shot like that. If you like her stuff, check out Vikstar123. I actually got clued in to Ms.Danielle from him. My 'thing' seems to be long range shots.

Example in the second kill here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfolyJrOjW4
Damn, I've been trying to find that link for the last fifteen minutes! Can't find it, I'm sure it was on Machinima but they update so often and it was I think like two weeks or so back.

Those long range Tomahawk shots are fun. :) I traded Black Ops in last month but once in a while I get the urge to play it again. Then I remember how the PS3 version turned out...

O D I N

purple cobra said:
Damn, I've been trying to find that link for the last fifteen minutes! Can't find it, I'm sure it was on Machinima but they update so often and it was I think like two weeks or so back.

Those long range Tomahawk shots are fun. :) I traded Black Ops in last month but once in a while I get the urge to play it again. Then I remember how the PS3 version turned out...

Yeah, if it's on the Machinima channel, it's probably gonna be impossible to find. They have new stuff almost every 5 minutes. X__X Still trying to remember why I'm subscribed to them.

Also, you have my condolences on the PS3 version. :-/

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
yoopoo said:
Bullshit, PS3 version doesn't even running at 30fps in ground war. Piece of shit keeps freezing too.

I guess its a good thing I don't play ground war. Haven't froze up in a few months either.

_Alkaline_ said:
Upon playing Black Ops at release (and coming off 25 days of MW2) I immediately noticed a considerable change in how things 'felt.' Hit detection and netcode just seemed overall chunky and laggy. Over time (nearly 10 days playtime) I've come to accept that it's just the way it is and perhaps I was overblowing the whole thing.

Today I decided for shits n giggles to give MW2 a few rounds. Damn. I didn't realise just how shit BO feels until now. Seriously, MW2 is absolute silk in comparison to Treyarch's game. Enemies die when you hit them, there's no bullshit of seeing enemies first but somehow dying, the whole thing flows much better without the awful hitches and lag that pops up too frequently in BO.

The whole thing is unbalanced as shit but the core game is superior to Black Ops for sure.
Perfecty described. Black Ops attempted to balance the game elements, but MW2 performs and handles a hell of a lot better.

MDavis360 said:
Perfecty described. Black Ops attempted to balance the game elements, but MW2 performs and handles a hell of a lot better.

well in terms of how each game deals with latency, MW2 isn't perfect, but it is far better than black ops no doubt. I do agree, at the core MW2 is the better game, yet the poor balance in MW2 makes that point almost irrelevant when talking about which of the 2 games are better ;and deservedly so, for everything that game does right, it's still broken as shit

hamchan

computers putin' said:
well in terms of how each game deals with latency, MW2 isn't perfect, but it is far better than black ops no doubt. I do agree, at the core MW2 is the better game, yet the poor balance in MW2 makes that point almost irrelevant when talking about which of the 2 games are better ;and deservedly so, for everything that game does right, it's still broken as shit

Shouldn't it be the other way around then? At the core Black Ops is a better game due to the better balance but it seems latency etc is all messed up.

hamchan said:
Shouldn't it be the other way around then? At the core Black Ops is a better game due to the better balance but it seems latency etc is all messed up.

When I say the "core" of MW2, i mean the gunplay, sound, graphics, the maps, and overall "smoothness"; MW2 trumps Black Ops in each catagory.Even though the few balancing issues have a drastic impact on gameplay, these issues seem easier to address than the actual content or any issues dealing with the game engine, so I don't consider anything regarding balancing, a true part of the "core" of the game; but maybe I'm wrong for classifying the "core" part of the game in such a way though, i dunno.

I recently got a good price for my copy of Black Ops so I sold it. I played a little MW2, the polish and smoothness on that game still delights.

I have to agree with a fellow gaffer that noted the camping in MW2 when he went back to play for a little while, it is out of hand, I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. There are literal lulls in the action where the level is quiet, no shots being fired because every single player is camping. Lol, they will have to definetly stick with the way they handled killstreaks in Black Ops for further COD games.

computers putin' said:
the amount of hitmarkers you get with shotguns is disgusting. CoD should just make shotguns secondaries again if they're gonna be so ineffective

Ineffective? The spas is one of the most overpowered guns in the game. I think one of my highest weapon specific K/D is with the SPAS.

cuevas said:
Ineffective? The spas is one of the most overpowered guns in the game. I think one of my highest weapon specific K/D is with the SPAS.

I'll give you the spas, it's rate of fire makes up for any shortcomings the other shotguns have, (but I think its a mid tier weapon still) the rest suck though

rezuth

computers putin' said:
the amount of hitmarkers you get with shotguns is disgusting. CoD should just make shotguns secondaries again if they're gonna be so ineffective
You are just playing it wrong, I'll admit that it has nothing on the SPAS in MW2 but the shotguns are workable. You'll just have to adjust to the shorter range in this game and you'll be fine most of the time.

GenericUser

I cant believe people actually claim that shotguns are underpowered. I played couple of matches last week and i really kicked ass with the spas + silencer attached.

trow a flash, rush in with the spas on your hip and steady aim perk , kill all the guys that are blinded, stay practically unnoticed because of the silencer, repeat.

whats not to love about this "strategy" :p
The gun is a real monster, when used right. Please dont put the shotguns into the secondary weapon slot ever again, this didnt feel right at all in MW2.

For myself I fear that the days where i almost exclusivly played blops are somewhat over. Havent touched the game in 2 weeks and even then, i only played about 45 Minutes till it got bored. I thought about buying the map pack, but the negative response it got here and on other mediums held me back. Think i just need a break from blops, maybe have to play something slower and more relaxing.

edit:

but maybe someone wants to add me on psn, just in case you need a companion. tag is "sponksta"

aku:jiki

I just realized something very, very stupid and quite annoying. If someone hacks my care package, I get a warning noise! You get the same noise as if someone straight-up steals the crate. How stupid is that? That defeats the entire purpose of the feature!

I know the game is filled with little oversights like this, but this one stands out as extra stupid to me. I was wondering how the hell some people knew I hacked their package...aw. I assume owners of equipment receive similar warnings when I mess with their stuff and that's why some players come gunning for me when I hack their SAM? That's just really dull gameplay design to me...

sponk said:
I cant believe people actually claim that shotguns are underpowered. I played couple of matches last week and i really kicked ass with the spas + silencer attached.

trow a flash, rush in with the spas on your hip and steady aim perk , kill all the guys that are blinded, stay practically unnoticed because of the silencer, repeat.

whats not to love about this "strategy" :p
The gun is a real monster, when used right. Please dont put the shotguns into the secondary weapon slot ever again, this didnt feel right at all in MW2.
You are talking only about the silenced SPAS here. Pull off the same havoc with an Olympia and I'll pay your mortgages.

rezuth said:
You are just playing it wrong
I can do very well with the Stakeout (in fact, I have gold camo on it) and I definitely agree with him. Especially on host, shotguns are almost entirely useless.

O D I N

aku:jiki said:
I just realized something very, very stupid and quite annoying. If someone hacks my care package, I get a warning noise! You get the same noise as if someone straight-up steals the crate. How stupid is that? That defeats the entire purpose of the feature!

When you hack a crate, it changes to a random killstreak too. If you know what it was before, and you're playing with a competent team, this helps so you can let them know your crate has been hacked. Then foil the plans of said hacker.

You don't get the "my crap has been stolen" noise when they reroll a package.

This has been useful useless information. Goodnight.

/goes back to work at 7am D:

bluehat9

Started getting back into this after a month off (whenever they took away merc tdm...I see its back now and that the numbers compared to moshpit make me laugh at the fact they got rid of one in favor of the other in the first place, but anyway) and still can't believe how bad the game is when I'm host. Having to deal with being killed by players that just flat out materialize in front of me after I've already been shot by them or having to use 20 bullets to bring someone down is not fun.

And even though I stopped playing because of the removal of mtdm, I find that I do like playing the moshpit now (well, except for demolition, still think its garbage and needs some kind of time penalty for dying, like ctf).

As for the hacking, I'm pretty sure it does say 'your equipment is gone' and things like that when someone hacks your stuff.

Can you hack a claymore?

O D I N

bluehat9 said:
As for the hacking, I'm pretty sure it does say 'your equipment is gone' and things like that when someone hacks your stuff.

Can you hack a claymore?

Yes, you can hack a claymore I believe. Obviously you wanna be behind it. ;)

I don't think it says anything when your care package is hacked though, just the 'stolen' noise.

USD

bluehat9 said:
Actually there is no notice when your equipment is hacked.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Brian Fellows said:
I guess its a good thing I don't play ground war. Haven't froze up in a few months either.

Shut up jerk! In the last 24 hours I've frozen up twice and had a bunch of disconnects for the first time in months because of your jinxing ass!

Thanks for the kind words. I'll probably try and get more cool stuff but I don't really know what qualifies as cool in CoD. I had a blast last night I think I played for about 7 hours straight.

Does GAF get parties together? I just like the craziness of Ground War, and its mix of my two favorite gametypes Deathmatch and Domination.

O D I N

xxjuicesxx said:
Thanks for the kind words. I'll probably try and get more cool stuff but I don't really know what qualifies as cool in CoD. I had a blast last night I think I played for about 7 hours straight.

Does GAF get parties together? I just like the craziness of Ground War, and its mix of my two favorite gametypes Deathmatch and Domination.

I'm all for playing in groups/parties. I usually play with a group of guys from this other forum I frequent, but would love to get some CoDGAF games in.

GT: Big Boss 0DIN.

If my list is full, just send me a message.

I probably won't be on until tomorrow night. Ish.

yitdadee08

Neo Member
Has anyone's PSN been screwing up for the past few days? It's frustrating the fuck out of me, especially the fact that Sony's not informing anyone about it.

aku:jiki said:
Really feel like an asshole troll when I have this scope on but I'm trying to complete the attachment challenges so on it goes. :/

Oh, spare us.

The Commando is a beast weapon, and the AK47 is solid as hell when used correctly. Main drawback of the AK47 is the slow ADS time, something the Commando doesn't seem to suffer from. Love both!

Xux

divisionbyzorro said:
Love the FAL, hate the M14.

And oh yeah - I'm back after a week of vacation. Did I miss anything good?

Aww, I love the M14; the sound, the consistent recoil, and the head multiplier all add up to something good.

USD

Xux said:
Aww, I love the M14; the sound, the consistent recoil, and the head multiplier all add up to something good.
I'm in the same boat. Really not a fan of the FAL's horizontal recoil. And with the M14, body shot → headshot (or vice versa) is a guaranteed kill at all ranges.

Ill have to try the M14, I know I used every gun for a really small amount then fell in love with the AK74u and running around, I was always a M16 and FAL guy in MW2.

I run Spy Plane Counter Spy Plane and Care Package, because I like giving my team radar and taking theirs away

Then I use Ghost Pro and Ninja Pro so I show up on less things. I need my Sleight of Hand though for my FAL reloads and quick ADS.

Secondary is always a Strela so I can shoot whatever I want down to help out.

You won't even know how much I'm helping even if I only manage to go even.

I'd love to play more backflip and dudes from GAF but 60 hour weeks are killing me.

Been practising with the Stakeout for the last week or so and man, I fucking love it. I usually never play with any shotgun as you really need to change the way you play from running and gunning, to covering area's with limited access.

Domination on Radiation covering B with the Stakeout, Crossbow, Concussions and Claymores - Scavenger, SoH, Marathon and it almost feels like I'm cheating.

Does anyone feel that they suck on certain maps? I can't seem to get my head round it tbh, but I suck on Grid, Crisis and Array. Doesn't matter what game type or loadout either.

O D I N

xxjuicesxx said:
Ill have to try the M14, I know I used every gun for a really small amount then fell in love with the AK74u and running around, I was always a M16 and FAL guy in MW2.

I run Spy Plane Counter Spy Plane and Care Package, because I like giving my team radar and taking theirs away

Then I use Ghost Pro and Ninja Pro so I show up on less things. I need my Sleight of Hand though for my FAL reloads and quick ADS.

Secondary is always a Strela so I can shoot whatever I want down to help out.

You won't even know how much I'm helping even if I only manage to go even.

I'd love to play more backflip and dudes from GAF but 60 hour weeks are killing me.

My sympathies on the work weeks. I've been doing about the same if not more for the last three months because upper management doesn't think we need another person to cover the desk with us. >:[ (works in a hotel). I'm getting transferred closer to home (ten minutes away!), so my hours should be regular again. You getting overtime, I hope?

Hostile Paradox

Neo Member
Hello there gents. I have to say, when I first got Black Ops at launch, I returned it because of so many BS moments. But after giving it a second chance, and finding a loadout to my liking, I think I've come quite to enjoy it.

Seeing as how that's the case, I'm looking for some comrades in arms. I enjoy playing team games, but unfortunately its as quiet as the grave, and I would like to talk to team mates. Can't snipe to save my life, you'll usually see me with an AK74u, which is actually not too bad at a distance if you pulse it.

I usually don't get past 2-5 maybe 7 kill streaks if I'm lucky before I get killed, but I'm almost always above a 1.0 K/D ratio per match. Unless it was a really crappy match.

AK74u ROF/Strella - Sticky/Smoke/C4 - Flak/Sleight/Marathon - Objective
Ak74u ROF/Strella - Sticky/Flash/Clay - Scavenger/Sleight/Second chance - Death Match

Spy Plane/Counter Spy Plane/Cobra

XBL: Hostile Paradox

Eastern US Time Zone

Team player looking for a team basically.

Top Bottom