• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Hostile Paradox

Neo Member
xxjuicesxx said:
I feel like I know you from somewhere. Send AnArmorLockHero a FR.

You probably remember my name from the Halo Reach thread. I don't post often, but I post once in a while, I live down the street from BlueBlur1 (Total Sacrifice). I'm usually tagging along with him at PAX. Even went to the PAX Breakfast at the Seaside restaurant a year or two ago.

FR sent =)

Hostile Paradox said:
Hello there gents. I have to say, when I first got Black Ops at launch, I returned it because of so many BS moments. But after giving it a second chance, and finding a loadout to my liking, I think I've come quite to enjoy it.

Seeing as how that's the case, I'm looking for some comrades in arms. I enjoy playing team games, but unfortunately its as quiet as the grave, and I would like to talk to team mates. Can't snipe to save my life, you'll usually see me with an AK74u, which is actually not too bad at a distance if you pulse it.

I usually don't get past 2-5 maybe 7 kill streaks if I'm lucky before I get killed, but I'm almost always above a 1.0 K/D ratio per match. Unless it was a really crappy match.

AK74u ROF/Strella - Sticky/Smoke/C4 - Flak/Sleight/Marathon - Objective
Ak74u ROF/Strella - Sticky/Flash/Clay - Scavenger/Sleight/Second chance - Death Match

Spy Plane/Counter Spy Plane/Cobra

XBL: Hostile Paradox

Eastern US Time Zone

Team player looking for a team basically.

I'm looking for a team, too. Add me! Korean B B Q (note the spaces). I'm on the West Coast and am free to play all week (my wife is out of town) :)

My stats:

Prestige 9
K/D: 1.38
Loadout 1: Skorpion (with Grip), Strela-3, Ghost Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Second Chance Pro, Semtex/Concussion/Claymore, RC-XD, Care Package, Dogs

Loadout 2: Famas (with Suppressor), Strela-3, Ghost Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Second Chance Pro, Semtex/Concussion/Claymore, RC-XD, Care Package, Dogs

Also, took ODIN's advice this past weekend and put together a Skorpion loadout. Holy crap, that gun is awesome. Terrible from range, but medium/close, the thing made me a killing machine.

Hostile Paradox

Neo Member
KoreanBarbecue said:
Also, took ODIN's advice this past weekend and put together a Skorpion loadout. Holy crap, that gun is awesome. Terrible from range, but medium/close, the thing made me a killing machine.

FR accepted :)

Hmm, Skorpion eh? I guess I'll give it a try. Most of my encounters are: Run around corner, see who kills who first. But that lack of long range is a bit off putting. Especially with a Strella3 as my secondary. There is nothing that I hate more then an enemy aircraft racking up the kills.

Hostile Paradox said:
Hmm, Skorpion eh? I guess I'll give it a try. Most of my encounters are: Run around corner, see who kills who first. But that lack of long range is a bit off putting. Especially with a Strella3 as my secondary. There is nothing that I hate more then an enemy aircraft racking up the kills, never leave home without it.

The Skorpion does take some getting used to, so keep that in mind. With Sleight of Hand Pro, though, it helps even the odds what with the faster ADS for that perk. You might want to throw on Scavenger or an Extended Magazine or Dual Mags - the thing eats through ammo super fast. But, close range and from the hip the gun is ridiculously powerful. It's great for clearing out buildings and campers if you can get close enough to them. As I don't use Scavenger, I usually use it until the ammo runs out then steal an enemy's weapon to keep my killstreak going.

Plus, the thing has little to no recoil (especially with a grip)

O D I N

Nabs said:
This game is just too good with a friend.

Or 5.

QFT.

I can't play this game without at least 1 other person to play with. And even then, the games are iffy.

One of the things I love about the Skorpion is how little recoil there is. Slap a grip on there, and it's smooth... Like... Smoothness... ._.

I felt that XboxAhoy did a fantastic review of the gun. Not gonna lie; He inspired me to try the gun out.

Plus I love where the emblem is placed on the gun.

computers putin' said:
I actually do pretty well soloing it, but I do wonder how much better I can do with a team....

I typically play solo, but yeah, it'd be lots of fun to actually play with some folks where we could get some actual strategizin' done.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
divisionbyzorro said:
How true.

I've totally given up on this as a solo game.
Ridiculously true. Nabs and I play with a couple other Gaffers 3-5 nights a week on PC. 98% of my play time since release has been with this group. We have a hella good time, even when we are on the opposite team. Just on Sunday I did like a 3-4 hour play session with them.

I would have given up on Call of Duty at World at War if I hadn't had my friends start picking up the games.

tuco11

Went out and bought COD 4 agian this weekend . Wow, so many less hit markers than Black Ops on Hardcore TD. People actually die when you shoot them. Forgot how good multi was on COD 4.

COD 4 > COD WAW> other 2 shit bombs you can put in any order you want.

mr_boo

xxjuicesxx said:
Ill have to try the M14, I know I used every gun for a really small amount then fell in love with the AK74u and running around, I was always a M16 and FAL guy in MW2.

I run Spy Plane Counter Spy Plane and Care Package, because I like giving my team radar and taking theirs away

Then I use Ghost Pro and Ninja Pro so I show up on less things. I need my Sleight of Hand though for my FAL reloads and quick ADS.

Secondary is always a Strela so I can shoot whatever I want down to help out.

You won't even know how much I'm helping even if I only manage to go even.

I'd love to play more backflip and dudes from GAF but 60 hour weeks are killing me.
FAL > M14...sure the M14 has vertical recoil, but the FAL overall has less recoil (even if it's horizontal). At range the FAL's simply easier to put people down cause of the recoil (and re-centering). In my experience (unless they've updated the M14, cause I haven't touched it in a while), even a Grip'ed M14, I found myself more effective with the FAL.

mr_boo

isamu said:
Nice. Which hacks are you using? Mombot? Artificial Aiming?
Are you kidding...cause that looks like solid semi-auto play to me. I'm more impressed that xxjuicesxx can hang without an RDS - the semi-auto iron sights are traditionally sucky, I've always had to lean on RDS/Holographic Sights.

Stallion Free said:
Ridiculously true. Nabs and I play with a couple other Gaffers 3-5 nights a week on PC. 98% of my play time since release has been with this group. We have a hella good time, even when we are on the opposite team. Just on Sunday I did like a 3-4 hour play session with them.

I would have given up on Call of Duty at World at War if I hadn't had my friends start picking up the games.

I have to say - I hardly recognized you without your old avatar...

isamu said:
Nice. Which hacks are you using? Mombot? Artificial Aiming?

I would say 10 drinks deep is what I was using. I knifed the turret even though I already killed it (slow reaction for the win!) Makes me feel crappy every time I watch that clip.

Solo my KD stays pretty consistent, but my Win.Loss drops slightly after a long session.

Team games let my Win.Loss go up too but usually noones ever on to play when I'm on.

I don't take my numbers too serious but after playing so long they go up and down so slowly it gives you a good indicator if you are doing things right and wrong that hour/session/day. Change up if your stuffs dropping. Watch a replay.

I enjoy playing the game when the connection is favoring me lol, but i swear sometime no matter how many green bars it shows im always behind by what seems like .5-1.5 sec and it pisses me off to no end

cuevas said:
How can you play solo when you sold the game?

What portion of my post led you to believe I was speaking in present tense?
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, Treyarch have released a preview video of the upcoming map-pack:

Youtube linky

Maps looks awesome, but JESUS, those graphics need an overhaul. Some of the texture work is balls.

I look forward to Cuevas's compelling and analytical summation of the maps, based solely on 14 seconds of spliced up gameplay footage taken from a internet trailer. But hey, it's 14 more seconds than he spent on WaW's maps.
KuGsj.gif

Kermit The Dog said:
I look forward to Cuevas's compelling and analytical summation of the maps, based solely on 14 seconds of spliced up gameplay footage taken from a internet trailer. But hey, it's 14 more seconds than he spent on WaW's maps.
KuGsj.gif

You never give up, do you? :)

I'll be in Asia when the pack drops, so I'm going to wait for GAF's analysis before picking them up since I won't be able to play them for a couple of weeks anyway. I would have been perfectly okay with skipping the first pack; no sense dropping another $15 if these maps are just as annoying.

kuYuri

thezerofire said:
now if only the old map pack would drop in price I might actually get it.

It will happen eventually. It's happened to every CoD map pack except maybe CoD3.

That's when I picked up the MW2 maps.

O D I N

Tamanon said:
New maps look promising, at least Zoo and Hotel. We'll see how it holds up though when more previews are released.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm pretty sure Convoy and Stockpile are gonna screw with my playstyle. It's why I don't like Discovery.

Any chance of First Strike dropping in price when the new one is released?

I really can't justify paying 1200 points for a few maps, regardless of how much I play BO (and I play far too much).

So answer me Gaf, what perk do you think is better suited for running and gunning, steady aim pro or sleight of hand pro?

steady aim offers you a tighter spread for hip firing, plus faster aiming after sprinting

sleight of hand gives you a faster reload time and quicker ads

Me, I dunno, the quicker reload time that sleight of hand offers you is invaluable when you're behind enemy lines, and with steady aim you're usually caught with your pants down trying to reload, but that can kinda be alleviated by slapping a dual mag on your gun. still, the dual mag only offers a quick reload every other reload, and it's not available for every gun.

In terms of aiming, steady aim pro is quicker to aim after sprinting than sleight of hand for sure, but that only applies to sprinting. so if you don't have marathon on it steady aim loses its value, where as sleight of hand's quicker a.d.s. applies to sprinting and walking.

I currently rock sleight of hand on most my classes, but I go back and forth alot, I can't say either is too much better than the other.

computers putin' said:
So answer me Gaf, what perk do you think is better suited for running and gunning, steady aim pro or sleight of hand pro?

steady aim offers you a tighter spread for hip firing, plus faster aiming after sprinting

sleight of hand gives you a faster reload time and quicker ads

Me, I dunno, the quicker reload time that sleight of hand offers you is invaluable when you're behind enemy lines, and with steady aim you're usually caught with your pants down trying to reload, but that can kinda be alleviated by slapping a dual mag on your gun. still, the dual mag only offers a quick reload every other reload, and it's not available for every gun.

In terms of aiming, steady aim pro is quicker to aim after sprinting than sleight of hand for sure, but that only applies to sprinting. so if you don't have marathon on it steady aim loses its value, where as sleight of hand's quicker a.d.s. applies to sprinting and walking.

I currently rock sleight of hand on most my classes, but I go back and forth alot, I can't say either is too much better than the other.

I think it all depends on what gun you're using. If i'm running with a sub-mach then i'll run steady aim as they have to much recoil (for me) when ADS. When i'm running with an assault rifle i'll use sleight of hand.

Either way for the most part the perks seem pretty well-balanced this go round (except for second chance) so you really cant go wrong.

_Alkaline_ said:
Any chance of First Strike dropping in price when the new one is released?

The only time they'll go on sale is possibly just prior to or after the release of MW3. WaW did this and offered a bundle for 2000pts but even then you only saved you 400pts.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The new maps look pretty great. I am excited. Sucks I have to wait so long for them on PC.

with my luck Treyarch will forget they even released Blops on PC

aku:jiki

Woah, I had no idea Black Ops has dynamic maps! At 0:30 in this video, he passes by a blast door that is apparently open if you play Domination. It's closed if you play Demo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evI7Qrhr0pc

Can't believe I haven't heard about that in 6 months, hah. Any other differences in the maps?

computers putin' said:
Sleight of Hand, since the hipfire in this game is good enough already. Steady Aim and Rapid Fire is a combo so good it should be nerfed though.

aku:jiki said:
Woah, I had no idea Black Ops has dynamic maps! At 0:30 in this video, he passes by a blast door that is apparently open if you play Domination. It's closed if you play Demo...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evI7Qrhr0pc

Can't believe I haven't heard about that in 6 months, hah. Any other differences in the maps?

Beside the controllable blast door in the centre of Radiation, not really.

One of the upcoming maps has a section that can be completely closed off by way of controllable roller doors. Could be interesting!

In Berlin Wall, the thin pathway area at B in Domination has broken wall things that give you some shielding from fire from up in the back rooms while you're trying to get the flag but in Demolition the walls aren't there.

Played some great matches with Hostile Paradox last night. Surprising how much more fun the game is when in a party (and with someone who knows what they're doing)!

O D I N

KoreanBarbecue said:
Played some great matches with Hostile Paradox last night. Surprising how much more fun the game is when in a party (and with someone who knows what they're doing)!

Oh, then you don't wanna play with me then. >.>

Though we should sometime soon

EDIT: Cool Juices, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Kermit The Dog said:
What portion of my post led you to believe I was speaking in present tense?
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, Treyarch have released a preview video of the upcoming map-pack:

Youtube linky

Maps looks awesome, but JESUS, those graphics need an overhaul. Some of the texture work is balls.

KuGsj.gif

Hmm I'm more interested in the new zombie map.. any details at all yet?

Top Bottom