• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Kermit The Dog said:
I'd probably go with Ghost/SleightofHand/HackerPro though, and use an MP5 with the CS7's. MP5 for its hip-fire godliness, Ghost and Hacker to give me the jump on campers and claymores and SOL to help me out crowded firefights.

I typically don't use ghost in FFA because I almost always have a counter spy plane stored up and I rarely NEED to use them, but rather pace them throughout the match.

Hacker is an amazing perk in most game modes but in FFA, you should never really be running into a room where you could get caught by a claymore without flashing it first.

Kermit The Dog said:
Is it true you only get credited with a win if you finish first? I know in WaW a top 3 finish counted as a win.

Not sure, I don't pay attention to my ratios.

it's odd, in MW2, I never needed Cold Blooded or SitRep, but in Black Ops I use Ghost and Hacker all the time. I'm not sure why they're so much more useful

aku:jiki said:
Like the perfect example is that one guy you see sometimes - he usually has Flak Jacket and a gold FAMAS - the one that gets so pissed that you killed him once that he spends the rest of the match hunting you down. He'll probably send you an angry message about how much you suck too. You know, players whose playstyle and behavior online just come off like they're trying way, way too hard and should probably relax a little before they have an aneurysm.

So, basically, Kermit.
Actually a tryhard is what those types of people call you at the end of match because they keep dying to you over and over again.

Cosmo Clock 21 said:
Actually a tryhard is what those types of people call you at the end of match because they keep dying to you over and over again.

Yeah if you do good you are obviously trying so much harder. .5 KD if you have a life.

Holy shit that zombie trailer is a total love letter to zombie movies. It even has the music from Dawn of the Dead and Return of the Living Dead. Insane!

thezerofire said:
I'm pretty sure I'm on default. Anything significantly higher and I can't keep it steady for medium/long range

It's jarring at first moving up, but you will adjust. When I first jumped to 4 it felt weird, but once you get used to it its worth it.

Gamertag is Bell Lafleur if anyone wants to add me,i'll be on for a little while, no mic though

Tried to bump up to 5 sensitivity and I was literally spinning like a top! Needless to say, I think I'll stick on a setting of 2 for a bit longer.

Decided today, too, that I'm not going to immediately Prestige the next time around. I'm Prestige 9/level 44, but I'm going to see how many Pro versions of perks I can unlock before I get sick of it. I tend to stick to a very set number of loadouts, so it should be interesting to see how that goes.

And remember folks, FR me - Korean B B Q

I'll be on tonight for quite a bit.

SumPog

Neo Member
Do you guys have comfortable guns to play with? I always find myself playing with a Famas, Commando or Aug because every other gun is basically inferior.

KoreanBarbecue said:
Tried to bump up to 5 sensitivity and I was literally spinning like a top! Needless to say, I think I'll stick on a setting of 2 for a bit longer.

Just up it gradually. Don't make a rapid jump. Just slowly work your way up through to 6 or 7 until you find a setting that you're both comfortable with and one that suits your playstyle.

A high setting really does give you an advantage when you need to spin quickly to return fire or escape confrontations quickly.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Anyone getting some directx errors on pc?

I updated my nvidia drivers beforehand so Im guessing thats the issue as the game was fine a month or so ago when I last played.

SumPog said:
Do you guys have comfortable guns to play with? I always find myself playing with a Famas, Commando or Aug because every other gun is basically inferior.

Galil is pretty good, but I'd take those above it any day.

Famas is the best overall in my judgment.

HS-10 is probably the worst.

So who owns the Drogturist GT again? Actually, you might not want to admit to that.
KuGsj.gif

EDIT: Oh right, it's AKU. Am I allowed to watch some of your recent games mate, or would that be considered stalking?

To be brutally honest, I expected slightly better numbers from a self-titled 'COD expert', but whatever. It's not all about the numbers afterall, perhaps you're a very good teammate. Feel free to watch a few of my recents too, I wouldn't mind a veteran's perspective on how I play.

The guns I use basically varies. I always seem to gravitate to the MP5K and M16 though.

Edit: Also, definitely bump it up to 10 immediately, throw yourself in the deep end.

SumPog said:

A few months ago, the AK74u seemed to be the peoples fav, but now it seems to have shifted over to the Famas.

I'm enjoying rocking with the Skorpion and the Spectre atm. I've tried my hardest to get on with the PM63, but it just doesn't seem to work! It feels broken.

KoreanBarbecue said:

Decided today, too, that I'm not going to immediately Prestige the next time around. I'm Prestige 9/level 44, but I'm going to see how many Pro versions of perks I can unlock before I get sick of it. I tend to stick to a very set number of loadouts, so it should be interesting to see how that goes.

And remember folks, FR me - Korean B B Q

I'll be on tonight for quite a bit.
I added you (sen0r machosolo). Will likely be on this evening.

Montresor

divisionbyzorro said:
New Zombie Map Trailer

Featuring Mother-Effin' George Romero!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_Cx82OFXM0

It looks like they're putting in a lot of effort into this. Why do they have to lump the zombies map with the god damn multiplayer maps?

I gave up on zombie mode very, very quickly though. I just couldn't get into it. I found the single player campaign incredibly satisfying to beat, but I couldn't stand zombies.

aku:jiki

Kermit The Dog said:
So who owns the Drogturist GT again? Actually, you might not want to admit to that.
KuGsj.gif

EDIT: Oh right, it's AKU. Am I allowed to watch some of your recent games mate, or would that be considered stalking?

To be brutally honest, I expected slightly better numbers from a self-titled 'COD expert', but whatever. It's not all about the numbers afterall, perhaps you're a very good teammate. Feel free to watch a few of my recents too, I wouldn't mind a veteran's perspective on how I play.
Haha, right. You need to go to the killstreak section of my combat record.

You've been running a power streak since december - you very obviously run UAV/Blackbird/Chopper Gunner in every single match you play - while I've spent my time unlocking the challenges. You have a whopping ONE Rolling Thunder, I have close to 200. Real ones, not care packages, like the only one you've had was.

This means that I've spent a lot of time getting to 8 kills, and being rewarded with 2. You've been rewarded with 10+ kills every single time you've hit 8 kills since december. Having 0.5 KD better than me while doing that is far from impressive.

Stallion Free said:
I used the FN-FAL for like the first time in this game last night and holy shit it's like cheating in HC TDM.

If there was zero lag, a semi will always beat an auto. If there's even a hint of lag, that changes drastically.

Mister Wilhelm said:
Galil is pretty good, but I'd take those above it any day.

Famas is the best overall in my judgment.

HS-10 is probably the worst.

I really waver between what guns I use, but usually fall on the Famas or the Galil. For small, close-quarters maps, though, I tend to run with the Skorpion. I've got no advice on sniper rifles, as I rarely use them. Worst gun in my opinion is probably the Kiparis.

Also, can't we all just agree to disagree? This machismo head-butting has been going on for like three pages. :)

ajf009

I'm kind of glad psn is down if only that I'm not tempted to play this online. every time I do I have to quit after one or two games.. I just can't take it

MarkMclovin said:
A few months ago, the AK74u seemed to be the peoples fav, but now it seems to have shifted over to the Famas.

I'm enjoying rocking with the Skorpion and the Spectre atm. I've tried my hardest to get on with the PM63, but it just doesn't seem to work! It feels broken.
does the PM63 have 20 bullets or 30? I can't remember. If 20, put extended mags on it. if 30, put rapid fire.

KoreanBarbecue said:
I really waver between what guns I use, but usually fall on the Famas or the Galil. For small, close-quarters maps, though, I tend to run with the Skorpion. I've got no advice on sniper rifles, as I rarely use them. Worst gun in my opinion is probably the Kiparis.

The Kiparis is viable with the right attachments. The HS-10 just plain isn't viable.

The Skorpion is underrated, it takes TWO shots to drop someone at close range so you have to play more with the mindset of a shotgun than an SMG. With an extended mag, it's really good.

aku:jiki said:
Haha, right. You need to go to the killstreak section of my combat record.

Your argument fell apart in the first sentence of your post. That's a new one for you. (The fact you're forced to prompt me to search through your CR is bemusingly ironic too, considering your staunch disbelief in the practice. :lol)

You've been running a power streak since december - you very obviously run UAV/Blackbird/Chopper Gunner in every single match you play - while I've spent my time unlocking the challenges.

No, actually. Only recently did I slap on UAV. I used to have Blackbird/CG/Dogs, but decided very recently to take one for the team and go with UAV. It's made a difference, because UAV helps out the entire team in close games, whereas dogs, while useful, are basically icing on a match. If I'm getting dogs, odds are the scoreline is a blowout anyway.

You have a whopping ONE Rolling Thunder, I have close to 200. Real ones, not care packages, like the only one you've had was.

:lol

This means that I've spent a lot of time getting to 8 kills, and being rewarded with 2. You've been rewarded with 10+ kills every single time you've hit 8 kills since december. Having 0.5 KD better than me while doing that is far from impressive.

See, this is where hyperbole always brings you undone. This:

You've been rewarded with 10+ kills every single time you've hit 8 kills since december.

is a patently ridiculous statement. Are you really willing to stand by this? Really? There are so many variables in COD, and this applies to killstreaks. Sometimes, a team of morons will run in the open while my CG is in the air, and I'll mow them down and get my 10 CG kills. Other times, my CG will be shot down immediately or after one solitary kill. Sometimes I earn a CG on Havana, Summit or Berlin Wall, where its largely useless.

In regards to your preference for Rolling Thunder, good for you! Most RT's I see get between 2 and 5 kills. I've seen them clean house before, and other times see them earn nothing. It's an unpredictable killstreak, and in my opinion, not worth the trouble. It also offers no distraction to the enemy team. In comparison to the CG, RT's last about 3 or 4 seconds and are gone. With a CG, I'm immediately drawing attention away from my teammates by forcing the enemy to find cover or pull out their STRELA's. If I can keep on top of the STRELA runners, I can maintain a constant distraction for 45 seconds or so, giving my team enough time to take advantage of the enemy's lack of focus, allowing us to ice the game.

There are far more layers to a CG, far more benefits, so I personally consider the extra kill required to earn a CG to be worth it, from a team perspective.

Having 0.5 KD better than me while doing that is far from impressive.

Yet considering you've played 23 days and I've played 10, and my stats demolish yours quite handsomely, even now, I'd say it's impressive, to say the least.

At 10 days playing time, I've played less than half of what you have, at 23 days. If I wanted to, you and I both know I could change up my killstreaks and better your respective numbers with relative ease, well before the comparison date of 23 days. Looking at personal bests, I also compare extremely well to you, despite you playing nearly 300 hours more than me. The writing's on the wall, I'm afraid.

Like I said previously, perhaps your playstyle isn't reflected in the stats. Watch a few of my games, (especially the most recent ones) and I'll watch a few of yours. I'd be interested to see your perspective.

Sorry, but today I learnt in order to be a COD expert, skill need not apply.

So playing this again recently after a long break is making me wonder, have they changed the maps that pop up in Team Deathmatch?

When I used to play a lot more a month or so ago maps like Jungle and Launch used to pop up a fair amount. Since playing again a few days ago I have played Launch once and Jungle maybe twice in a good 30ish games. Nuketown now never pops up but it used to show up loads before. Hanoi and Radiation seem like the most popular map now when before they used to pop up a lot less often. Thankfully Cracked seems to pop up a lot less now aswell.

Is this something that they did to make the DLC maps show up in the rotation more? and if so would deleting the DLC maps give me more chance of playing launch/ Jungle/ Nuketown etc or has the map rotation odds changed for everyone? As in maps like Hanoi are now more commonly showing up for everyone regardless of owning DLC or not?

Kermit: Please take this shit to PM. NOBODY here wants to read while you and others pick apart each others' comments. You're not the only one guilty of it, but you're involved in every instance.

Seriously. I'm sure I speak for a lot of other readers when I say this.

Slizz

PalaceBrother said:
Kermit: Please take this shit to PM. NOBODY here wants to read while you and others pick apart each others' comments. You're not the only one guilty of it, but you're involved in every instance.

Seriously. I'm sure I speak for a lot of other readers when I say this.

You do, better yet take it to XBL chat and play against each other...

aku:jiki

Man, I just want to talk about the game too. The zombie trailer is awesome! Romero, Rooker and Englund is badass. They need to add character selection!

Ascension was pretty great, so hopefully this one is too. Wait, I hope they skip the annoying monkeys from Ascension though.

Mister Wilhelm said:
The HS-10 just plain isn't viable.
I think HS-10's are fine akimbo. About the same or better than the Olympia, and they're both viable on Firing Range, Stadium and Kowloon and they can dominate Summit.

Still say fuck the RPK and Dragunov. Useless!

Kermit The Dog said:
No, actually. Only recently did I slap on UAV. I used to have Blackbird/CG/Dogs, but decided very recently to take one for the team and go with UAV.
So why are your numbers something like 1500 UAVs, 400 Blackbirds, 300 Chopper Gunners and...80 Dogs? That's some terrible lying right there.

That means that I win at everything! Go me! Also, bigger penis, obviously.

so since everyone decided to pull out their e-peen, can i show mines?
2w2it01.jpg

killstreak setup was napalm/chopper gunner/ dogs
perk setup was lightweight/steady aim/ marathon ( all pro versions )
aug with dual mags
not my first 100 kill game, but the first I had in a long while.

computers putin' said:
2w2it01.jpg

aug with dual mags

holyballs.

computers putin' said:
aug with dual mags

Ground War, home of the elite.

computers putin' said:
2w2it01.jpg

aug with dual mags

Not to distract from what ya did (100 kills = impressive). But that stat screen basically shows why I don't play Domination anymore. Folks just running around, trying to get lots of kills, not getting any captures. Granted, you got 5 Defends and your teammates helped make the win. Just seems that the Domination games I'm in, it's all "I want kills, screw the control point captures."

Top Bottom