• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

_Alkaline_ said:
Went 18-4 with 2 plants and 2 defuses in one game of Search today. The hate messages were delicious.

Apparently the MP5 is a noob gun now!
MP5 Rapid Fire is on my tomahawk class. the amount of rage is amazing.

_Alkaline_ said:
Went 18-4 with 2 plants and 2 defuses in one game of Search today. The hate messages were delicious.

Apparently the MP5 is a noob gun now!

:\ I haven't played in a while but I never really got hate messages. I just got spammed with friend requests and game invites.

cuevas said:
:\ I haven't played in a while but I never really got hate messages. I just got spammed with friend requests and game invites.

I get hatemailed at least once a session. I made my clan tag 'H8ME' just to incite more hilarity. :lol

Kermit The Dog said:
Huh? The editing was shithouse. Clumsy, amateurish and elongated.

The kill, on the other hand, was brilliant. Props for that!

But it was amatuerish in a good way. Not trying to be anything special and excelling at its own style.

Do you just argue with everyone for the sake of it?

_Alkaline_ said:
But it was amatuerish in a good way. Not trying to be anything special and excelling at its own style.

Do you just argue with everyone for the sake of it?

Yes he does. Just ignore him and move on for the good of the thread.

Thanks for the feedback. I did it just for fun. New to video editing. If it seems amatuerish, I dont apologise, cause that's what it is :) The shot was a good one though, so it was worth making a little video out of it.

Captain Bluey said:
Thanks for the feedback. I did it just for fun. New to video editing. If it seems amatuerish, I dont apologise, cause that's what it is :) The shot was a good one though, so it was worth making a little video out of it.

Did you use the dolly cam to follow the arrow, or did you manually follow it with the free-cam?

I used the dolly cam to follow the arrow. But i found that when playing the clip back, the camera would always be too far behind the arrow. So for the above view shot, I placed the dolly cams so that you couldnt see them in the shot.

Captain Bluey said:

For the record, I thought the video was cool. I just wouldn't have complimented it for the quality of the editing. Great video though, and great kill. = )

Kermit The Dog said:
I get hatemailed at least once a session. I made my clan tag 'H8ME' just to incite more hilarity. :lol
So you talk shit to your team, tag up to be hated, camp in corners, and you get hate mail? Shocker.

O D I N

So in an effort to finish off my perks, I juggled between Ghost, Sleight of Hand, and Steady Aim today, using the silenced Spas and silenced Commando.

I feel dirty.

Almost done with Ghost. Got lucky when a guy dropped two Sentry Guns. <3

Also, why doesn't the Spas kill in 2 shots at point black/blank range? o_O I mean... Really.

And props to the gentleman who did that spectacular shot with the Crossbow.

Proc

I love this game after coming back to it. I didn't grab the first map pack but got the new ones this weekend. I am having a blast with them. I might pick up the other ones and go back to random rotation next weekend.

Mister Wilhelm said:
These new maps are horrible for free for all. Way too many camp spots and not enough short range engagement where I can have fun with shotguns.

Shotguns are the only way to play free-for-all. It's just too easy otherwise. Sometimes, I even switch to akimbo pistols just for a challenge - for whatever reason, people in FFAs tend to be complete idiots, just waiting to be swept up by someone with a modicum of intelligence and skill.

divisionbyzorro said:
Shotguns are the only way to play free-for-all. It's just too easy otherwise. Sometimes, I even switch to akimbo pistols just for a challenge - for whatever reason, people in FFAs tend to be complete idiots, just waiting to be swept up by someone with a modicum of intelligence and skill.

Bah. FFA does indeed attract a higher-class of idiots, but I find it too stressful nowadays. :lol No map flow, shithouse spawns, and you get the occasional beast opponent who keeps you on your days, making the race to 30 kills an absolute bunfight.

Ok Kermit. Here is another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhgQ05udVJ8

No music. No diagrams. Just pure crossbolt sweetness. Tried to tighten up the editing. What do you reckon?

I make these just for fun, but am always keen to learn.

Great stuff again mate, editing is much tighter and focused, which I like. Most importantly however, that shot is even better than your first! Fucking dead-eyed him.

I also love how the default reaction from everyone to getting sticked tends to be 'run around in a circle' or 'quickly retreat'. :lol I do it too.

O D I N

Mister Wilhelm said:
These new maps are horrible for free for all. Way too many camp spots and not enough short range engagement where I can have fun with shotguns.

Zoo is pretty shotgun friendly.

At least I've done well shotgun-ing it up there.

Hotel too.

Convoy and Stockpile are too open. :-/

Captain Bluey said:
Ok Kermit. Here is another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhgQ05udVJ8

No music. No diagrams. Just pure crossbolt sweetness. Tried to tighten up the editing. What do you reckon?

I make these just for fun, but am always keen to learn.

I love how he looks down.

".... Awwwwwwwwwwww SHIT. :c "

Nice shot. ^___^

Yah!!! finally after 2 months of not playing and just studying for finals I can FINALLY PLAY!!. I AM FREE, FREEE, FREE!!!!!...............until Wed

kuYuri

spiderman123 said:
Yah!!! finally after 2 months of not playing and just studying for finals I can FINALLY PLAY!!. I AM FREE, FREEE, FREE!!!!!...............until Wed

Heh, was wondering why I haven't seen you in awhile. I'm now neck deep in papers/presentations/finals for another week and a half myself. =/

Strider2K99 said:
Heh, was wondering why I haven't seen you in awhile. I'm now neck deep in papers/presentations/finals for another week and a half myself. =/

Yah, i had to study like a mofo. Finally done and free to play. Rusty as fuck though and these new maps.....holy fuck

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I played some sticks & stones last night and it was hard after not having played it in so long. Once it clicks again though, it feels damn good.

Does anyone else find it fun as hell to join matches in progress and try and end up on the other team? I love going up against friends and just annihilating them. This has ended in tears a couple of times as they have destroyed me, but generally nothing beats pulling out a chopper gunner and spawnkilling your friends as they scream in anguish "stop wrecking my K/D ratio". lawl.

bobs99 ... said:
Does anyone else find it fun as hell to join matches in progress and try and end up on the other team? I love going up against friends and just annihilating them. This has ended in tears a couple of times as they have destroyed me, but generally nothing beats pulling out a chopper gunner and spawnkilling your friends as they scream in anguish "stop wrecking my K/D ratio". lawl.

Agreed. Whether I rip them apart or they nail me, it always ends in laughter when we finally properly party up.

aku:jiki

bobs99 ... said:
I really hate it when my friends join in progress, because they always have to be assholes about it! It's nothing but RPGs and tubes with them. Rage!

Slizz

PalaceBrother said:
I love the decisions people make having been just stuck with a bolt.

1) Run around in a circle

or

2) Reload

Nice and simple. Good video.

I either stand still or run into a diff enemy so they can try and kill be before the arrow does.

Woah I need to check the TDM leaderboard more often, someone in my game randomly pointed out im like 1150 (weekly) I played a bit after that after actually being aware of it and trying to get it to go up but I couldn't crack 1100 ish. I know by midweek when I really have a chance to play again I will have dropped like a rock, but it feels good mang

When do 'weeks' start? Im guessing Monday? Which would explain why im doing so well, im guessing not everyone has gotten on the table yet lol.

By the way I really love how they assess you on that leaderboard, Score Per Minuite is a really interesting stat, simply because it encourages run and gunning more than camping and waiting for a kill to come to you.

bobs99 ... said:
Woah I need to check the TDM leaderboard more often, someone in my game randomly pointed out im like 1150 (weekly) I played a bit after that after actually being aware of it and trying to get it to go up but I couldn't crack 1100 ish. I know by midweek when I really have a chance to play again I will have dropped like a rock, but it feels good mang

When do 'weeks' start? Im guessing Monday? Which would explain why im doing so well, im guessing not everyone has gotten on the table yet lol.

Yeah and then you have people who play 5 good games and just stay on top all week.

cuevas said:
Yeah and then you have people who play 5 good games and just stay on top all week.

I edited my post a little:

By the way I really love how they assess you on that leaderboard, Score Per Minuite is a really interesting stat, simply because it encourages run and gunning more than camping and waiting for a kill to come to you.

But yeah thats the one downside to the table, either way though I know I would never be top, so the people using loopholes like that dont really bother me, its just nice to know your relatively high.

bobs99 ... said:
I edited my post a little:

But yeah thats the one downside to the table, either way though I know I would never be top, so the people using loopholes like that dont really bother me, its just nice to know your relatively high.

It also sucks that they merge normal gametypes with ground war. I'm like top 800 all time SPM in domination but I see people at the top who all they do is play ground war where it is way easier to get points.

cuevas said:
It also sucks that they merge normal gametypes with ground war. I'm like top 800 all time SPM in domination but I see people at the top who all they do is play ground war where it is way easier to get points.

I didnt realize they did that. :/ Do they do the same with the various deathmatch modes? Ground War Deathmatch isnt lumped in with TDM is it? If so that would make it so much easier for the ground war folks.

bobs99 ... said:
I didnt realize they did that. :/ Do they do the same with the various deathmatch modes? Ground War Deathmatch isnt lumped in with TDM is it? If so that would make it so much easier for the ground war folks.

Yep. Ground War is in the same leader boards as regular TDM/Domination.

Top Bottom