• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

cuevas said:
Yep. Ground War is in the same leader boards as regular TDM/Domination.

I feel even prouder of my position on the leaderboard now then lol. To be fair I wouldnt crack top 1000 anyway but it still sucks that the leaderboards arent exactly 'fair'.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
bobs99 ... said:
I feel even prouder of my position on the leaderboard now then lol. To be fair I wouldnt crack top 1000 anyway but it still sucks that the leaderboards arent exactly 'fair'.
I'm in the top 10 for monthly team death currently and I haven't played any ground war.
I actually think ground war is probably worse for Team Death SPM. With an extra 3 teammates but only 25 more kills (you also get to play on small maps less often). I can see it being better for Domination though.

Slizz said:
Played a few rounds of Ground War with you earlier today Mark, I got the final tomahawk kill on Cracked =P

Ha ha! You know what, I remember that too! I was trying to get to grips with the MAC11 but didn't score particularly high so switched to the boring FAMAS/SUP instead. Turned it off as it got pretty bad with the lag. Couldn't get more than 2 bars :(

spiderman123 said:
What babies...after how many months of having this game, ppl still pull their cords to protect stats
I prestiged over the weekend to take advantage of Double XP. I was working on Ghost Pro-destroyed a Sentry Gun and then the host quit. I lost that requirement. :(

Erasus

Is the sturrering fixed for dual-cores? I am downloading to check but does anyone have any input? I just baffles me how they messed up the engine, WaW and MW2 runs pristine.

Skenzin

Banned
After playing Homefront 360 online and returning to COD:BO 360, I cant believe Im going to say this. COD feels and looks like a cartoon. Yeah, thats hyperbole. I'd prefer if they lower the framerate and turned up the graphical detail.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Skenzin said:
[sticks disc in and sits back on comfy couch FTW]
*sits back in his reclining chair wonders whether he should play with MKB on his lapdesk or his 360 pad and then remembers that this is an fps*

*wonders if he should go put the disc in and then remembers that he doesn't have to deal with those silly archaic devices*

Skenzin

Banned
Stallion Free said:
*sits back in his reclining chair wonders whether he should play with MKB on his lapdesk or his 360 pad and then remembers that this is an fps*

*wonders if he should go put the disc in and then remembers that he doesn't have to deal with those silly archaic devices*

I understand that.

I spent many of nights tweaking drivers for the perfect settings, running 3dmarks, swapping c64 disks and loving every minute of it. But the PC gaming scene use to be so much deeper and more interesting, now my high end rig sits idle. Sometimes at night I tell it about the legends of accolade, micropose, Id, epic, psygnosis and 3dfx and simulations with Keyboard overlays, when PC games were unportable and the servers didn't seem so vacant. Now I have no desire to play console ports with MKB thrown in as an afterthought.

The effort and cost of PC gaming doesnt seem worth it to play a slightly clearer COD, 5 year old Source games, or vapid Crytek tech demos. I await it's glorious return but what we have now is not PC gaming.

RedSwirl

Okay so since I've found it impossible to keep my KDR above around 0.4, I decided to start playing with bots until I can actually learn all the maps like I used to on TimeSplitters. Even playing with bots on hardened I still feel like the worst player in each game.

kuYuri

RedSwirl said:
Okay so since I've found it impossible to keep my KDR above around 0.4, I decided to start playing with bots until I can actually learn all the maps like I used to on TimeSplitters. Even playing with bots on hardened I still feel like the worst player in each game.

Well, the bots are pretty much cheaters on the higher difficulties as they practically know when you're behind a wall, so they aren't a good gauge of abilities.

RedSwirl said:

My only advice would be to take it slow. When you're in a match, go slow and try to play at your own pace and now the pace of your teammates or your opponents. I've seen countless players run around like chickens with their heads cut off, only to get cut down again and again.

Combat training does help, but I agree that playing on Hardened or Veteran probably does more damage than good. If anything, play on Recruit or Regular and really take the time to learn the maps - find and identify places you think would be good hiding spots, choke points, etc. Practice targeting enemies while they're moving and then practice shooting at those moving enemies. Really take the time to find a loadout of weapons/perks/equipment that feel right to you.

It'll take time, but you'll get better. Trust me. Just take your time, practice, and get to know the game better, and most importantly, get to know how you play the game.

RedSwirl said:

The bots are utter cheats on even Regular. DO NOT, EVER, judge yourself based on them.

-Stranger- said:
I think the multiplayer for this game is kinda shit.

Battlefield: BC2 is far superior.

...really?

You're really going to jump into a Community thread and mindlessly troll with the least thought-out post possible? Ignored.

RedSwirl said:

Go slowly. Watch some of Max's Black Ops videos ( http://www.youtube.com/user/Miles923 ) and try to stick to a controllable section of the map. The more you run around the more you expose yourself. Once you're comfortable with the maps you can run & gun but doing it too quickly will just get you killed.

Go slowly. Always be ready to aim down your sites when you round a corner....don't worry about killstreaks.

Go slowly. Try playing Domination so you can get comfortable with the routes that people take. Pay attention to the routes you take, because others will do the same thing.

I did these things to get better, and I've gone from a regular .3 - .4 player to a 1.28 KDR. Not amazing, but way better than I was.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
RedSwirl said:
Play with a group of friends you really enjoy and KDR quickly becomes meaningless. That said, it will also improve as you build off each other. My friends and I usually just bullshit while we play (which Black Ops is perfect for), but we do coordinate here and there and it can help tremendously.

RedSwirl

By the way I'm playing on PC, and nobody else I know owns this version. Also, has anyone found new ways to better optimize the game? My framerate is still pretty horrible at times.

-Stranger- said:

I honestly think these games are just different enough to have bought both.

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
...really?

You're really going to jump into a Community thread and mindlessly troll with the least thought-out post possible? Ignored.

Juniors like this guy should just be banned for that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
RedSwirl said:
By the way I'm playing on PC, and nobody else I know owns this version. Also, has anyone found new ways to better optimize the game? My framerate is still pretty horrible at times.
Yo hop in the Mumble Neogaf server (info here) and you can play with myself, Nabs, and a couple others who play on around 4 nights a week.

As for performance, if you are on Nvidia make sure you are on the latest drivers and enable Shader Warming in the video options.

-Stranger- said:

If your going to make a post like this at least expand on why. Just posting your opinion isnt exactly worthy reading material.

RedSwirl said:

What weapons are you currently using? Changing your set up might make a world of difference.

Stantron

So apparently, when using Ninja Pro, when you mantle over an object or through a window, you still make the "humph" noise. I can't imagine this was designed like this on purpose. It must of been an oversight. But then again, it also seems like an easy thing to patch, which hasn't happened. :/

Here's an idea I've been pondering about how I would modify the Ghost perk to make it less over powered. Make it so that the player shows up on radar every third or fourth radar scan. This way they are not completely invisible to radar. Also, the opposing team can put up multiple spy planes to speed up the radar scan rate.

Xux

I think the real issue lies with the Spy Plane being way too few kills for how useful it is and everyone becoming reliant on it.

O D I N

Just posting a general message:

My Live account was hacked today. I'm in the process of trying to recover it via Microsoft (we'll see how this goes...). If anyone has me on their friends list, ignore anything I say or do until I give the all clear.

:-/ This sucks.

Plasmid

O D I N said:
Just posting a general message:

My Live account was hacked today. I'm in the process of trying to recover it via Microsoft (we'll see how this goes...). If anyone has me on their friends list, ignore anything I say or do until I give the all clear.

:-/ This sucks.

Was lurking but here's hoping it goes well man, my friend got hacked last year, they boosted his account on gears 2 to 100 so he can't get any achievements and they bought a shit load of stuff, but MS refunded it all.

Good luck pall!

Stantron said:
Here's an idea I've been pondering about how I would modify the Ghost perk to make it less over powered. Make it so that the player shows up on radar every third or fourth radar scan. This way they are not completely invisible to radar. Also, the opposing team can put up multiple spy planes to speed up the radar scan rate.

First, Ghost isn't overpowered. Second, what Xux said - you don't deserve to see the entire enemy team's location just for getting a 3-kill streak. The Spy Plane enhances your situational awareness, but should never be a crutch. To be honest, I'd much rather use Hardline or Flak Jacket than Ghost, except in very rare circumstances.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Don't know how people function without scavenger.

No need to waste time looking around for a new gun, just spray until the heart is content.

Nabs

I can't remember the last time I ran out of ammo.

Right now I'm using Light Pro / Sleight Pro / Ninja. Pretty fun stuff.

user_nat said:

No need to waste time looking around for a new gun, just spray until the heart is content.

I usually die before I need a new gun. No need for Scavenger.

user_nat said:

Yeah, its a waste of time using Scavenger. I kill one person and I've usually got another 100 bullets to play with. It's simply a means of swapping out my pistol for whatever gun I pick up.

Ghost is all I use, pretty much exclusively.

For Perk 2, I use Sleight. It suits my playstyle, but I have a soft-spot for steady-aim. Regardless, my theory is that fast reloads help me out far more often than steady bullets do.

Perk 3, and Hacker Pro gets the nod. In past COD's, I was all about Ninja or Dead Silence, but considering Ninja Pro's glitch and the amount of help Hacker Pro provides, it's a no-brainer.

O D I N

Plasmid said:
Was lurking but here's hoping it goes well man, my friend got hacked last year, they boosted his account on gears 2 to 100 so he can't get any achievements and they bought a shit load of stuff, but MS refunded it all.

Good luck pall!

Much appreciated. From what my friends have been telling me, they've been playing such titles as...

Peggle
Magic: the Gathering
The Xbox 360 Dashboard
buying points

... Trying to figure out what they're doing with my arcade games...

Lol at people who pull the cable to try and lag you out of games when you have good killstreaks going. I was in my second chopper gunner of a match when a dude did it and he then sent me a message saying "how is your chopper?". Luckily that game didnt lag out and I sent him one back saying "after the host migration it was great thanks, hows your K/D? :p"

That was a 'win' but a lot of the time it just kicks me out. :(

Top Bottom