• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
bigf00t said:
Sounds fun.
I haven't been following this thread too closely so I must have missed the mention of a GAF server. What's the name/ip? I'd love to join PC GAF for some Black Ops...
Hit ~ on your keyboard and type "connect 208.167.235.175:3074" without the "".

Also, we use mumble for voice chat which is explained here with our server info: Gaf Mumble thread

bigf00t

Stallion Free said:
Hit ~ on your keyboard and type "connect 208.167.235.175:3074" without the "".

Also, we use mumble for voice chat which is explained here with our server info: Gaf Mumble thread
Thanks for the info Stallion, I'll definitely check the server out! I've put quite a bit of time into the MP since it came out, but most of my friends play on XBL, and I haven't been feeling motivated to keep playing with randoms.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
bigf00t said:
Thanks for the info Stallion, I'll definitely check the server out! I've put quite a bit of time into the MP since it came out, but most of my friends play on XBL, and I haven't been feeling motivated to keep playing with randoms.
We play most nights from 10pm - 3am EST. I'm usually in the Tea Time room in Mumble.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I'd pay a subscription for a call of duty that knew how to migrate hosts. I'm pretty pissed off at the moment.

Haven't finished a game all night.

If the host pulls the plug, there's literally nothing you can do. The game could theoretically look up a player list, reset player positions, and start up again, but that would be almost as jarring and annoying as just starting a new match (and it would take quite a while).

aku:jiki

divisionbyzorro said:
Played some CoD for the first time in months today. I started with Modern Warfare 2 - that was an infuriating experience. I felt like I was losing every single firefight; bullets were going right through people, my shotgun just wouldn't go off in time, etc. Essentially every complaint that people love to whine about with Black Ops was happening to me in MW2.
Yeah, I've had a worse experience with MW2 lately too. Not sure if it's simply because the playerbase is shrinking or that the matchmaking server is messed up somehow.

On another note, World at War has been made completely unplayable by some fucker called "Gametiime" or whatever. Every match has cheaters, and annoying "LOL HAX BY GAMETIIME" text all over the screen. Every single match! Every game mode! I really wanted to bolt-action some fools too. :(

AnEternalEnigma said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV5pDqREWoY

A hilarious angry video posted by Wings of Redemption. It seems the negative comments are getting to the poor boy...
His definition of "not camping" is pretty funny. Camping doesn't just mean sitting still in a corner... He is right that he's one of the most consistent players on YouTube though, only exception I can think of is SeaNanners. Most others play 24/7 and upload the one good game they get.

aku:jiki said:
On another note, World at War has been made completely unplayable by some fucker called "Gametiime" or whatever. Every match has cheaters, and annoying "LOL HAX BY GAMETIIME" text all over the screen. Every single match! Every game mode! I really wanted to bolt-action some fools too. :(

I popped in WaW the other day and died a little inside. The game is ruined. So, so sad. By far my most loved game since PD on N64. There's people running around with invincibility, text popping up on the screen, etc. Ugh. You were good to me, WaW.

His definition of "not camping" is pretty funny. Camping doesn't just mean sitting still in a corner... He is right that he's one of the most consistent players on YouTube though, only exception I can think of is SeaNanners. Most others play 24/7 and upload the one good game they get.

He's also a massive egomaniac who's talent is only matched by his insecurities. Weird guy.

Also, why was Cuevas banned? So long, sweet dunce. :lol

He is right that he's one of the most consistent players on YouTube though, only exception I can think of is SeaNanners. Most others play 24/7 and upload the one good game they get.

Difference is, SeaNanners is consistently really good, Wing is consistently just pretty good. Nothing about the gameplays Wings puts out makes me see him as a top tier player as far as commentators go, he's probably a step below that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I experienced 2v2 CTF on Stadium last night and it was the most goddamn intense multiplayer experience I have had in a long time.

3v3 CTF on that map would be absolutely perfect.

Super excited to play tonight, if only for the fact that I'll be playing with about 5 or 6 folks from work. Really interested to see how it goes, considering when I play solo, I tend to just run off and do my own thing with usually pretty good results.

Also, the Skorpion is awesome. You probably know that already, but thought I would put it out there again. So awesome.

Sandy Ravage.

computers putin' said:
I wanted to say Sandy Ravage, but he doesn't play Black Ops so I didn't mention him

Sandy Ravage has mastered Modern Warfare 2, but his skills didn't transfer to Black Ops - which is why he doesn't play it.

jlevel13

I've been getting back into this game lately and enjoying it(!) for the most part & was thinking about picking up a map pack - is one preferred over the other?

divisionbyzorro said:
Sandy Ravage has mastered Modern Warfare 2, but his skills didn't transfer to Black Ops - which is why he doesn't play it.

What makes you say that? He said before Black Ops was even released that he would barely play it because he dislikes the Treyarch games and because the college workload from his master's program was increasing. Also he's really good at black ops.

kuYuri

My usual CoD buddies have been bitches lately, think we need to set up some GAF parties again.

Even after winning Escalation code, I have yet to play the maps, cause I refuse to play with randoms right now. :(

fernoca

Well, thanks a to a really nice deal got a digital copy of this and both DLC-packs on Xbox 360. :)

Was interested for some time, played the Wii version during launch..but never got much into it. But darn, Treyarch did an amazing job. The game looks quite nice and it's packed with a nice amount of content (Dead Ops alone was just worth it! XD ..but there's the campaign, the multiplayer, the unlocks, the zombies, customization..)

Online ..well..it's just like I remember (i.e. me sucking :p)..I really need to continue practicing, but at least got to Level 3 in just 2 games... :p ...haven't tried any other Zombie Mode. Top bad I can't create an account online, to link it to the game and post pictures/videos/etc. But searching around, turns out i;m not the only one..and a friend tried to create an account across 3 computers and different browsers on each and couldn't neither.

But Kudos to Treyarch....oh! and nice OT. Quite informative and nice looking...

By the way, the "extra maps from the limited editions" haven't been released yet..right?

kuYuri

fernoca said:
Well, thanks a to a really nice deal got a digital copy of this and both DLC-packs on Xbox 360. :)

Was interested for some time, played the Wii version during launch..but never got much into it. But darn, Treyarch did an amazing job. The game looks quite nice and it's packed with a nice amount of content (Dead Ops alone was just worth it! XD ..but htere's te hcampain, the multiplayer, the unlocks, the zombies, customization..)

Online ..well..it's just like I remember (i.e. me sucking :p)..I really need to continue practicing, but at least got to Level 3 in just 2 games... :p ...haven't tried any other Zombie Mode. Top bad I can't create an account online, to link it to the game and post pictures/videos/etc. But searching around, turns out i;m not the only one..and a friend tried to create an account across 3 computers and different browsers on each and couldn't neither.

But Kudos to Treyarch....oh! and nice OT. Quite informative and nice looking...

By the way, the "extra maps from the limited editions" haven't been released yet..right?

Welcome and hope you continue to enjoy the game.

Nope, those extra zombie maps have not been released and they are still saying that they haven't decided if they will offer it separately for purchase.

fernoca

Strider2K99 said:
Welcome and hope you continue to enjoy the game.

Nope, those extra zombie maps have not been released and they are still saying that they haven't decided if they will offer it separately for purchase.
Aww, too bad. Still,no biggie. Got my hands full for now..so let's see if I end liking everything and wanting more.

kuYuri

Nabs said:
Black Ops free weekend on PC. You can preload it now and start playing Thursday night.

Awesome, thanks for mentioning it. This is my chance to test it out on my PC.

EDIT: Oh damn, I forgot. I'm going away on vacation this weekend, lol. :(

My last experience with MW2 was very much like that. I'm finally doing what I should have done a while ago and selling it to Amazon. The $12.50 is more worth it to me than the game at this point.

divisionbyzorro said:
My last experience with MW2 was very much like that. I'm finally doing what I should have done a while ago and selling it to Amazon. The $12.50 is more worth it to me than the game at this point.

I'm glad I was able to sell my copy for $40 back in September

divisionbyzorro said:
My last experience with MW2 was very much like that.
Very much like what? There's one tuber in the match, and he's in the same spot for the entire thing, and Onslaught is being too stupid to take him out. He keeps going "WHAT?! There's somebody there?!" for like 10 deaths!

I mean, there are horrible matches in the game, to be sure, but these videos are just Onslaught being terrible without his preferred class. He even keeps saying it himself.

Very much like what? There's one tuber in the match, and he's in the same spot for the entire thing, and Onslaught is being too stupid to take him out. He keeps going "WHAT?! There's somebody there?!" for like 10 deaths!

I mean, there are horrible matches in the game, to be sure, but these videos are just Onslaught being terrible without his preferred class. He even keeps saying it himself.

Are you blind? He's being shot at as soon as he spawned, his shots are on target but not killing anyone, he gets commando'd out the ass the entire match, etc. And it's not like he's using a bad gun; he's using the UMP, and his shots are landing where they should.

I'm not going to pretend that every game is that bad; check out the recent live sessions by Pyrotoz for a good look at what that game can be when it works right. Or look at Onslaught's matches with the FAMAS. But when you run into a match where the players are abusing all of the worst things about that game, there is no joy whatsoever to be had. It reminds me why I appreciate Black Ops so much for toning it down.

divisionbyzorro said:
Are you blind? He's being shot at as soon as he spawned, his shots are on target but not killing anyone, he gets commando'd out the ass the entire match, etc. And it's not like he's using a bad gun; he's using the UMP, and his shots are landing where they should.

I'm not going to pretend that every game is that bad; check out the recent live sessions by Pyrotoz for a good look at what that game can be when it works right. Or look at Onslaught's matches with the FAMAS. But when you run into a match where the players are abusing all of the worst things about that game, there is no joy whatsoever to be had. It reminds me why I appreciate Black Ops so much for toning it down.
I think you're the one who needs to re-watch it. Sure, there's one tuber and about halfway through, a tac-knifer joins up, but this is mostly Onslaught being an idiot.

Look at 5:20. He manages a flank on the washing machines, from which he's been camped-on like 20 times by that point, and what does he do? He goes "wonder if anyone's in here" and blind sprays the pink trailer for no reason whatsoever, alerting the campers by the washers. That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen in a CoD video!

Same goes for "getting commando'd out the ass" - all of that is toward the end, when the tac-knifer joins up and starts rushing their spawn trailer. A sensible person gets the fuck out of there when a laggy tac-knifer has made it his hunting ground, but Onslaught decides to stay...so he gets knifed 5 times. When he finally leaves, it stops.

Not saying there isn't bullshit and that there aren't people abusing horrible playstyles, but come on, this video is an example of someone playing like shit, not of MW2 being horrible.

GodofWine

Any Ps3'ers having increased drop outs, issues joining parties, hearing other people or being heard more often since firmware 3.61??

Me and my buddies are going through some bad stretches of not being able to hear a few people, or not join others in progress...Its like the game is far more sensitve to NAT types now.

I set up my PS3 as a DMZ, nat = open now, but I know others are under moderate (maybe strict at times), but prior to Sony being hacked to pieces, things worked perfectly.

Im trying to get the others in my usual group to go DMZ as well, just curious if anyone else is seeing this.

I think you're the one who needs to re-watch it. Sure, there's one tuber and about halfway through, a tac-knifer joins up, but this is mostly Onslaught being an idiot.

Look at 5:20. He manages a flank on the washing machines, from which he's been camped-on like 20 times by that point, and what does he do? He goes "wonder if anyone's in here" and blind sprays the pink trailer for no reason whatsoever, alerting the campers by the washers. That's some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen in a CoD video!

Same goes for "getting commando'd out the ass" - all of that is toward the end, when the tac-knifer joins up and starts rushing their spawn trailer. A sensible person gets the fuck out of there when a laggy tac-knifer has made it his hunting ground, but Onslaught decides to stay...so he gets knifed 5 times. When he finally leaves, it stops.

Not saying there isn't bullshit and that there aren't people abusing horrible playstyles, but come on, this video is an example of someone playing like shit, not of MW2 being horrible.

Your analysis of this match is wrong. I already disregarded it considering you are a very ordinary COD player, but you have also attempted to sweep the MW2 issues astray in a desperate but futile attempt to deflect MW2 hate.

Firstly, the spawning is ridiculous. Several times in a row he gets killed within one or two seconds of spawning. That should NEVER happen. Once or twice a week I might get a really shitty spawn in BO, but it's very rare. It happened 3 or 4 times in Onslaught's game alone.

Secondly, some of those tube shots were ridiculous. They were 15 feet away at times, but still managed to kill him. How about that OMA cunt hiding amongst the machinery with Danger Close and a tube? Shit like that is patently unfair, and was mercifully absent from BO.

Thirdly, those Commando lunges? PATHETIC. Why is that still not patched? Look at the one at 4:40. He teleports, visibly, 5 metres. The 8:40 one is even worse. He teleports down a corridor.

Now the guy clearly isn't a bad player, but he was having a shocking game, and lost his focus and played brainlessly due to frustration. It happens to all of us, but as this video shows, MW2 is the key caterer of frustration. It's a mess.

Kermit The Dog said:
Your analysis of this match is wrong.
So basically you're saying that it wasn't stupid to spray the pink trailer instead of taking out the camper he knew was there?

Right. Your analysis is clearly the one to trust! :lol

So basically you're saying that it wasn't stupid to spray the pink trailer instead of taking out the camper he knew was there?

Right. Your analysis is clearly the one to trust! :lol

When did I say that? When did I infer that in any manner? When did I even remotely reference that 3 second portion of the video? You're getting desperate with that nonsense. It seems your ability to deflect and dodge is just as sharp as your COD skills. :lol

As I clearly said, Onslaught was suffering through a terrible game, something we all have, and he was reacting to his frustration by playing brainlessly, running back to seek revenge and not playing a smart, thoughtful, intelligent game. It happens to the best of us. In regards to your complaint, he was obviously seeking a hitmarker. He should have gone with a flash or equivalent to ascertain where the camper was, but who are you to judge his moment of madness? I spend similar amounts of time scratching my head when I watch replays of your games.

Get back to me when you have something meaty to add to the debate, rather than flippant and woefully misguided attempts to divert attention from you own flawed argument.

Kermit The Dog said:
When did I say that? When did I infer that in any manner?
Um, you did exactly that by saying my analysis was wrong. Is english your first language? It isn't mine, by the way, and I'm better than you at it. :lol

This runs fine and dandy on my ageing e8200(@3.2Ghz) and HD5770 combo. I was expecting it to run like poop after reading lots of complaints about performance.

Hixx

Bobby Truffles said:
This runs fine and dandy on my ageing e8200(@3.2Ghz) and HD5770 combo. I was expecting it to run like poop after reading lots of complaints about performance.

i have a similar PC and the framerate is all over the place. sometimes its solid 60, then a minute later its awful. My FPS is more stable in the Witcher 2.

I'm going to jump on in a bit if anyone from GAF wants to play some FFA or something like that. It seems most of my friends list isn't showing up on nights they normally do.

Tag - Max Talent

Magik

Big Baybee said:
PS3 version has been wonky as shit lately.

Its been wonky as shit since the 1.09 update a few days ago.

For me it feels as if the game has regressed back to the laggy bullshit months back.

Um, you did exactly that by saying my analysis was wrong. Is english your first language? It isn't mine, by the way, and I'm better than you at it. :lol

Apologies, fucking auto-correct on my phone seems to have sorted me out.

Regardless, I need some concrete rebuttal here. Your analysis was wrong in basically every area, as was the general tone of your post. I know you vehemently defend MW2 at every opportunity (is you KD actually good in that one?) but what you've offered up here is piss-poor to say the least.

Anyway, I'm starting to sort out a run and gun class using LW, SOH and MP with a SMG because it seems like the only class that consistently causes me problems on the smaller maps. Any tips on which gun to use? I'm thinking an MP5 but considering I'm not very experienced with the other SMG's, are there better options?

And is SOH the right choice of a second perk considering the playstyle?

Do wall-hacks exist in this game?

Was playing Search and spectacting this one bloke who always seemed to know where blokes were behind walls. His ADS almost seemed magnetised towards them.

After the match I checked his comabt record and his K/D was 8.88.

FerranMG

hamchan said:
Wow I got absolutely murdered in Zoo. I can't figure out the flow of the map at all.

Happens the same to me, but in Stockpile.
I managed to get pretty decent K/D ratios in my first Convoy and Zoo games, but sucked very, very bad at Stockpile.
Just played once in Hotel, and got murdered too, but I kinda blame it to not having chosen a good class (I was running with an AK47u, lol).

So this was a fun match!

5793277510_99a2dcfc07_z.jpg

FAL ACOG, Sentry/Rolling Thunder/Dogs setup.

Kermit The Dog said:
Regardless, I need some concrete rebuttal here. Your analysis was wrong in basically every area, as was the general tone of your post. I know you vehemently defend MW2 at every opportunity (is you KD actually good in that one?) but what you've offered up here is piss-poor to say the least.
So you're going to stick with your analysis that blindly spraying a room from which he has never been shot was a smarter move than checking the area he's been killed from literally a dozen times? Somehow, Commando existing makes the trailer spray a smart move in your head and that dumbass line of thought is why this is the closest to a "concrete rebuttal" you'll get.

Top Bottom