• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Jack Scofield said:
Jeez, based on the press conference footage of MW3, the corpse of IW is already outperforming Treyarch in terms of sound design, character animations, graphics, and setpieces. Granted, they're reusing tons of assets created by the TRUE IW team, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Yeah the animations were the first thing I noticed. It actually looked like real people moving.

Jack Scofield said:
Jeez, based on the press conference footage of MW3, the corpse of IW is already outperforming Treyarch in terms of sound design, character animations, graphics, and setpieces. Granted, they're reusing tons of assets created by the TRUE IW team, but it's impressive nonetheless.

I actually think the sound is worse, but meh. All of my hopes are going into the MP.

Talking of which, CoD4 and WaW and MW:2 are an absolute mess now, in different ways.

CoD4 and WaW are hacked (how can they let it stay like that?) with all sorts of coloured messages on the screen, god modes, flying modes, younameit modes.

And MW:2 is just a complete shambles. It's turned into a game where you just fuck about now. I was in a game where people were doing 720 spinning rpg's. It's funny to watch, but shit at the same time. I really hope BLOPS doesn't turn out the same.

After seeing the BF3 demos, I would hold your tongue on praising MW3.

Of course, we have yet to see what BF3 looks like on 360, but...holy shit that game looks beautiful.

kuYuri

divisionbyzorro said:
After seeing the BF3 demos, I would hold your tongue on praising MW3.

Of course, we have yet to see what BF3 looks like on 360, but...holy shit that game looks beautiful.

But we've also only really seen SP campaign stuff, which while it no doubt looks amazing graphics wise, is also mostly running on a monster PC.

At the end of the day, it's the MP that will keep bringing us back, so I'm waiting for more info and videos on that.

I already know I'm getting MW3 on 360 and BF3 on PC. And I'm still going to be playing more CoD since I already do that now (I have BF:BC2 on PC).

Nelo Ice

Banned
im enjoying lightweight+steadyaim+marahton with a silenced spas way too much

this combo has also gotten me my first 2 fan mails even though i didnt do that well in the games i played :lol

guess people really hate being killed by a guy running around like an idiot with a silenced shotty :p

so Treyarch is doing another 24/7 Nuketown playlist, I don't get the appeal of the map, but I'm sure Nuketown fans are estatic. They should make a 24/7 groundwar Nuketown playlist while they're at it;or a no second chance playlist.

computers putin' said:
so Treyarch is doing another 24/7 Nuketown playlist, I don't get the appeal of the map, but I'm sure Nuketown fans are estatic. They should make a 24/7 groundwar Nuketown playlist while they're at it;or a no second chance playlist.

It's for level grinding. The map sucks for consistently good K/D, but is good for getting lots of EXP quickly.

aku:jiki

We just want Nuketown back in Demo, please! 24/7 Nuketown sucks since it's a moshpit playlist. :(

Nelo Ice said:
guess people really hate being killed by a guy running around like an idiot with a silenced shotty :p
They think the silenced SPAS is overpowered and ridiculous, and they're right.

divisionbyzorro said:
It's for level grinding. The map sucks for consistently good K/D, but is good for getting lots of EXP quickly.

Playing Demolition, it's the only map I seem to be able to do the Throw 5 grenades back challenge, by letting them place the bomb, and then camp in the garage.

O D I N said:
I still haven't gotten my account back. >:[

So I made a temporary account, as I still want to run around and shoot people in the face.

Here's a fun class;

Mac 11 @ rapid fire
-Stuns and Tomahawk
-Scavenger
-Sleight of Hand
-Marathon

Hey, hey - send me your new account name so I can add ya to my friend list!

Xux

Gosh darn map pack's taking forever to DL. I wanna wreck some faces with my PM63 extended mags and go 23-0 like I did the other night.

MarkMclovin said:
Playing Demolition, it's the only map I seem to be able to do the Throw 5 grenades back challenge, by letting them place the bomb, and then camp in the garage.
But Nuketown hasn't been in the Demo playlist since like february. :(

Strider2K99 said:
Also, Double XP on for all platforms (except PC) until Monday.
Hey, this made me wonder... Double XP weekends don't mean double CoD points too, do they?

I need more gold camos!

kuYuri

aku:jiki said:
But Nuketown hasn't been in the Demo playlist since like february. :(

Hey, this made me wonder... Double XP weekends don't mean double CoD points too, do they?

I need more gold camos!
Actually in this case, it is double CP, forgot to mention that.

sk3tch

You guys have any tips for an Xbox 360 player trying to improve his connection (bars)? It's my bro. He has his stuff setup per Microsoft's recommendation, has UPnP-enabled, and yet he is still getting lower quality connections consistently (previously it worked real well). He's on Comcast in the U.S. if that means anything to anyone.

I found this post on the official forums - do you guys think it's valid?

Any other ports you recommend opening or tips you'd like to share for connection improvement? Thanks!

zam

YOJAs.jpg

Damn the FAMAS is overpowered, and I love it :D

Mik2121

Uhm.. what the fuck. I've spent the last 10 minutes trying to get a game on the Escalation playlists (deathmatch which has like 10k people playing).

I guess part of the reason is that I'm in Japan where the PSN Store isn't up yet I think, so not many people has access to it. But still, this is pathetic..

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CZUuq.png

I really hate how damn uneven I am at this game. I was going 1.00+ ratio for a few days before prestige-ing (I only want to do it once) and then thought I had lost my way with this game for good. Then, bam. Mac11 with grip on Jungle gets me the latest.

zam

OdysseusVA said:
You still lost?
We actually won, you just can't see it cause the game summary scoreboard is stupid that way and I didn't get the camera up in time to take a pic of the scoreboard at the end of the game. Just look at mine, Fudge's, DROGTURIST's and Nikke's (Team LOL crew whatup) scores, no way the other team would've won :)

Edit: Damn the MPL with rapid fire is beastly! Been running around like a crazy person with it and Lightweight/Sleight of Hand/Marathon tearing people up, keep getting tons of doubles and triples

Kermit The Dog said:
You deserve a medal for managing to win with someone like DROGTURIST on your team. :lol
I wasn't going to bother, but it's funny how hard you try to insult me, so...let's make you try even harder! My second account says hello:

5823749438_e4f6c4012e.jpg

Damn, that 1.91 dragged me down some. Fucking corner camping guests! :(

aku:jiki said:
I wasn't going to bother, but it's funny how hard you try to insult me, so...let's make you try even harder! My second account says hello:

5823749438_e4f6c4012e.jpg

Damn, that 1.91 dragged me down some. Fucking corner camping guests! :(

The fact it's a second account says it all. The fact you pay to have a second account says it all. The fact your somehow showing off the fact you have a second account with good stats after just 1200 kills says it all. :lol

I've seen the way you play, you 'COD expert' you! If I had a second account and it was less than 5.00 after 1200 kills, I'd consider myself a failure. ; ) Let's move on, but jesus, come on. :lol

zam said:
Edit: Damn the MPL with rapid fire is beastly! Been running around like a crazy person with it and Lightweight/Sleight of Hand/Marathon tearing people up, keep getting tons of doubles and triples

I've been doing the same with a MP5. What are the disadvantages of that class?

corkscrewblow said:
So this guy is still being a dickhead huh? Must be why this thread is so dead.
Yes, but it's amusing watching him scramble to create new excuses using terrible logic! Like the above nonsense about 5.00 KD, when he has a 2.30 himself. :lol indeed.

I accept English is your second language, but can you not read? I clearly said that, provided with the same parameters of a fresh account and armed with 6 months of game experience, I could maintain a 5kd with relative ease. A clean slate crossed with experience can do wonderful things.

And seeing as though you pointed out fuzzy logic, if my KD is vastly superior to yours in relation to your first account and my only account, wouldn't that mean logically, my second account would once again trump yours?

You were the one who labelled yourself a COD expert. I didn't realise that meant buying multiple accounts. :lol The only logical reason for investing in a second account would be to flaunt better statistics, no? (I'm open to other reasoning?) That's a pretty ironic step for someone who attempts to portray a nonchalant attitude in this thread. :lol

EDIT: It's 2.39, get it right. ; )

Risible

For the most part I have no respect for people with huge K/D ratios.

I play Hardcore CTF and invariably the guys with large K/Ds are the tools who are playing their own version of team deathmatch. They know all the spawn points and camp the shit out of them. They exploit the noobies, wrack up high kill counts spawn camping them, and then rain down choppers and gunships. They always end up with a huge K/D and no captures/returns.

And no, I'm not jelly, just annoyed to be playing a certain type of match wherein people are just ignoring the objective and just playing deathmatch. There are tons of deathmatch servers but they don't play on them because they can't exploit the peculiarities of the game rules on those servers.

Risible said:

I play Hardcore CTF and invariably the guys with large K/Ds are the tools who are playing their own version of team deathmatch. They know all the spawn points and camp the shit out of them. They exploit the noobies, wrack up high kill counts spawn camping them, and then rain down choppers and gunships. They always end up with a huge K/D and no captures/returns.

And no, I'm not jelly, just annoyed to be playing a certain type of match wherein people are just ignoring the objective and just playing deathmatch. There are tons of deathmatch servers but they don't play on them because they can't exploit the peculiarities of the game rules on those servers.

I only respect people who have good K/D ratio's, a good SPM and a decent win loss ratio. One without the others is too easy to achieve through grinding. W/L ratio is a little bit weird because the game loves throwing people into losing matches, and people who play solo are going to suffer even if they are amazing.

hamchan

Risible said:

I'm absolutely fine with these people if they're getting enough kills to use blackbirds and chopper gunners. Those killstreaks help the team immensely.

zam

Risible said:

Yes, but having a high K/D in a game AND playing for the objective isn't mutually exclusive. Whenever I am racking up lots of kills in demo I'm at the front line of the offense, or stopping enemies from getting to the bomb, or helping my teammates defuse by keeping enemies off them etc etc

bobs99 ... said:
I only respect people who have good K/D ratio's, a good SPM and a decent win loss ratio. One without the others is too easy to achieve through grinding. W/L ratio is a little bit weird because the game loves throwing people into losing matches, and people who play solo are going to suffer even if they are amazing.
My W/L ratio is higher than my K/D, (2.24 W/L vs 1.79 K/D), no clue what my SPM is off the top of my head.

Though I don't really care that much what my K/D is, as long as I go positive in a match and we don't lose, I'm happy.

hamchan said:
I'm absolutely fine with these people if they're getting enough kills to use blackbirds and chopper gunners. Those killstreaks help the team immensely.
Blackbird is awesome, I have it equipped all the time. But I might have to switch my chopper gunner for something else, last couple of days every time I use it I am already being locked on before I can open the doors, only have time to get 1-2 kills with it before I'm shot down, and that's even with calling in dogs at the same time..

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
W/L ratio is broken due to all the games that crash back to the lobby and count as a loss. Which I think is about half my losses.

Kermit The Dog said:
I accept English is your second language, but can you not read?
Come on, Kermit. Re-using the insult I threw at you a couple of pages back? You can do better than that.

Kermit The Dog said:
I'm open to other reasoning?
The reason for opening the account - which is free for the first month, dumbass - was actually to find out which game is easier to maintain a high KD in, as we discussed in this thread like 1-2 weeks ago. I thought it was MW2 then, but I was pretty wrong. Holding a 4KD in MW2 is basically impossible. (This account has 2.90 there.)

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Sure do.
Whenever host migration fails, or simply doesn't happen, you get a loss. Even if you were 1 point from winning.

Kermit The Dog said:
I accept English is your second language, but can you not read? I clearly said that, provided with the same parameters of a fresh account and armed with 6 months of game experience, I could maintain a 5kd with relative ease. A clean slate crossed with experience can do wonderful things.

And seeing as though you pointed out fuzzy logic, if my KD is vastly superior to yours in relation to your first account and my only account, wouldn't that mean logically, my second account would once again trump yours?

You were the one who labelled yourself a COD expert. I didn't realise that meant buying multiple accounts. :lol The only logical reason for investing in a second account would be to flaunt better statistics, no? (I'm open to other reasoning?) That's a pretty ironic step for someone who attempts to portray a nonchalant attitude in this thread. :lol

EDIT: It's 2.39, get it right. ; )

I opened a second account ( and a third ) over the last year because my main got suspended for lack of payment ( I game in stretches and I forgot to authorize the renewal fees ); so i used the 1 free month microsoft gives you on up to 3 extra accounts per xbox to keep gaming. so nah, it's not the only reason to open up a new account.

I'd be a liar if I said groundwar domination doesn't boost my k/d, but still I play the objective when need be and I don't see a significant drop in stats when I do. the biggest reason my stats jump in groundwar is because spawns are more static and therefore easier to predict ( less of getting shot in the back yay! ) . With that said, my k/d in deathmatch is over a 3.0 with close to a spm of 400, and for the month my k/d is over 5 with a spm of over 500 with over a 1000 kills logged ( I think ). So having a high k/d doesn mean it's from strictly playing objective modes either, my k/d in both domination and deathmatch are pretty even actually.

snack

Just played this on PC for the first time since the game released. The stuttering problems seem to have been solved. Finally some patches that work I'm guessing? :p

Anyway, I was thinking about getting the Escalation map pack. Do you guys think it's worth it? How about the pack before it? First Strike, I think it's called.

Slizz

snack said:
Just played this on PC for the first time since the game released. The stuttering problems seem to have been solved. Finally some patches that work I'm guessing? :p

Anyway, I was thinking about getting the Escalation map pack. Do you guys think it's worth it? How about the pack before it? First Strike, I think it's called.

I personally like Escalation infinitely more than First Strike.

I guess because of double xp more people are playing. Little bit of lag every time I play no matter what.

Risible said:

I agree with this, because from what I've seen, objective games are full of campers and boosters who exploit genuine players going for the objective. I've played Domination and Demolition in order to get some pro-perks, and the amount of cunts sitting off from the bombsite, just waiting for someone to come past is utterly ridiculous. Players like Cuevas are guilty of this, so they're accounts will always have an asterix.

I play TDM exclusively, so take that as you will.

Again, I agree. My W/L isn't great, 1.7, and it's a little frustrating because I play solo and have to put up with connection drops, dashboarders, being placed into unwinnable games, etc. (Just quietly, what would be so hard about not counting a loss when you join a game halfway?)

Aku:jiki said:
Come on, Kermit. Re-using the insult I threw at you a couple of pages back? You can do better than that.

No. Mine was a typo, yours was a reading comprehension issue. Wrong again.

The reason for opening the account - which is free for the first month, dumbass - was actually to find out which game is easier to maintain a high KD in, as we discussed in this thread like 1-2 weeks ago. I thought it was MW2 then, but I was pretty wrong. Holding a 4KD in MW2 is basically impossible. (This account has 2.90 there.)

Interesting, but you comparing my first account with your second account is still a new low for you. :lol I'll watch your second account with interest. = )

I'd be a liar if I said groundwar domination doesn't boost my k/d, but still I play the objective when need be and I don't see a significant drop in stats when I do. the biggest reason my stats jump in groundwar is because spawns are more static and therefore easier to predict ( less of getting shot in the back yay! ) . With that said, my k/d in deathmatch is over a 3.0 with close to a spm of 400, and for the month my k/d is over 5 with a spm of over 500 with over a 1000 kills logged ( I think ). So having a high k/d doesn mean it's from strictly playing objective modes either, my k/d in both domination and deathmatch are pretty even actually.

Awesome stats. What's your account name? I wouldn't mind watching you play for some inspiration.

Kermit The Dog said:
Awesome stats. What's your account name? I wouldn't mind watching you play for some inspiration.

add Bell Lafleur; I haven't been on in 4 or 5 days so I don't know if there are any games still in my recent played list though.

For some inexplicable reason, I seem to play better when playing solo. Whenever I play with my brother, he regularly outscores me and I rarely finish first. It must be something to do with the distraction of chatting or something.

For that reason I prefer to play solo, or if partying up, I like complete radio silence. :lol This obviously leaves me open to suffering from horrible teammates and, due to my singledom, being placed into random games already half finished usually because someone has ragequit due to losing. That fucking sucks.

Mik2121

Stallion Free said:
I don't know how anyone can stand playing mutliplayer alone.

And that actually goes for any game.
Really? You can't understand why anyone would enjoy playing some online game without his friends, and just random people? Really...?

GAF just keeps surprising me after many years.

Top Bottom