• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

mysticwhip said:
I've heard 5 hours.

Thanks. Seems in line with most FPS games these days so I guess that's okay. It also means i'll finish it in one sitting, which is good. I'm so time stretched all week but the weekend that I pretty much have to do this, otherwise I take months to finish something trivial like Ratchet & Clank.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So this will be my first COD game on pc since the first one. Are the newer games known for being good/bad ports of their console counterpart?

snack

I've been watching a fair dosage of online gameplay footage and seems it like the "spawning beside enemy" issue still exists. :(

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Corky said:
So this will be my first COD game on pc since the first one. Are the newer games known for being good/bad ports of their console counterpart?

No worries. Both will be great either way you pick

IceMarker

snack said:
I've been watching a fair dosage of online gameplay footage and seems it like the "spawning beside enemy" issue still exists. :(
This is where Martydom in all CoD's that have it was soooo fun. :lol

Any information on what the Prestige playlists are? If it's just nothing spectacular, I guess it is not worth prestiging just for the extra classes.

Xux

sweetvar26 said:
Any information on what the Prestige playlists are? If it's just nothing spectacular, I guess it is not worth prestiging just for the extra classes.

I'd be surprised if they're a whole lot more than just playlists that only people that are fifteenth prestige can join.

Kinda like the Veteran playlist in WaW. Ya know, more of a secret club than anything.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Game Informer gave it a 9/10. Got it from GS W4rr10r at gamefaqs

"Concept - Remember Modern Warfare? Yeah, like that but in 1968

Graphics - Call of Duty remains at the top of the visual heap, not least because of the always-excellent framerate.

Sound - Outstanding voice work brings the story to life.

Playability - The control scheme hasn't changed. This is still the gold standard for console FPS

Entertainment - This may be going through the series' established motions, but that's one dance I'm more than happy to repeat.

Replay Value - High "

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
SteveO409 said:

Please don't let this be hyperbole, god I loved cod4...I'm really catching the hypebug for black ops.

SteveO409 said:

Graphics - Call of Duty remains at the top of the visual heap, not least because of the always-excellent framerate.

Sound - Outstanding voice work brings the story to life.

Playability - The control scheme hasn't changed. This is still the gold standard for console FPS

Entertainment - This may be going through the series' established motions, but that's one dance I'm more than happy to repeat.

Replay Value - High "

It begins. Nobody will remember the issues that are repeated with other games... lack of originality, and above all in this case: where are the Artificial Intelligence algorithms ?.

One thing is true, the graphics are way better than in the past games, above all the lighting and shadowing.

CryptiK

SteveO409 said:

Concept - See CoD4 review and MW2 Review

Graphics - See CoD4 review and MW2 Review

Sound - See CoD4 review and MW2 Review

Playability - See CoD4 review and MW2 Review

Entertainment - See CoD4 review and MW2 Review

Replay Value - See CoD4 review and MW2 Review
fix'd
same game three(almost four) times could have easily done that instead of reviewing it.

Sealda

Banned
Xux said:

Did they even try to have any form of Security?...

To be fair, it felt kinda meaningless earn all these fucking emblems and titles in MW2 when there where guys running around with Prestige 10 symbols after like 1 month and lately some have managed to hack every emblem+titles...I thought that shit belonged to PC.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I wont buy this game but im surprised by the ammount of content.
60 bucks well spent.

DrBo42

Sealda said:
Did they even try to have any form of Security?...

To be fair, it felt kinda meaningless earn all these fucking emblems and titles in MW2 when there where guys running around with Prestige 10 symbols after like 1 month and lately some have managed to hack every emblem+titles...I thought that shit belonged to PC.

Well can't we just play an entire game full of friends due to the customization and actual dedicated servers this time?

I really hope this shit doesn't happen on PS3. I kinda feel for Treyarch really, they don't deserve this. Hopefully they'll patch it out and ban all the little fuckers who do it as well.

Xater

I hope they ate least thought of putting in some hooks on how fast people unlock stuff. That way achieving the highest prestige level in a couple of minutes would be an obvious hack, and dude could be banned.

Sealda

Banned
DrBo42 said:
Well can't we just play an entire game full of friends due to the customization and actual dedicated servers this time?

The thing is that i like to win and i like to be the best. Emblems and Titles lets me show how what i have accomplished. Like, i have the nuke symbol that means i have done 10 nukes etc. I have the Prestige 10 revolving symbol, oh i have done 1000 AC130 kills. When playing against randoms that is like having your medals on your chest, you shown what you have accomplished. Now the combination of showing your skills in a match against with randoms and having a nice title and emblem is better than just showing your skills. Like some people like Xbox Achievements or PS trophies. It would not be fun try your best to earn a trophy if it turns out theres people that you play who have all trophies and got it with a single click of a button.

Spookie

MrMister said:
Thank goodness for PC with DediServers. Where mah adminbros at?

*high five*

Not sure what we're *high five*'ing about it's Sunday, the game goes up Tuesday and I STILL don't have access to my fucking servers! I've got nothing to admin. :(

DrBo42

Sealda said:
The thing is that i like to win and i like to be the best. Emblems and Titles lets me show how what i have accomplished. Like, i have the nuke symbol that means i have done 10 nukes etc. I have the Prestige 10 revolving symbol, oh i have done 1000 AC130 kills. When playing against randoms that is like having your medals on your chest, you shown what you have accomplished. Now the combination of showing your skills in a match against with randoms and having a nice title and emblem is better than just showing your skills. Like some people like Xbox Achievements or PS trophies. It would not be fun try your best to earn a trophy if it turns out theres people that you play who have all trophies and got it with a single click of a button.

Ah, I hear you man. I like seeing that kind of stuff pop up when I earn them, but I don't really care about randoms having better rank or emblems. Competition with friends is as far as I go with it.

Sucks to see the 15th Prestige garbage. One of the things that I remember with COD4 was that if you got into a match against a bunch of 10th prestige players, you were likely going to have a very tough battle. In MW2, more often than not it doesn't mean a thing because half the people aren't even really 10th prestige.

Cobra84

G_Berry said:
What losers. Get a job!
The losers do have a job, they work for Treyarch. It sad the game isn't even secure enough to last until the official release date before getting hacked to pieces.

Seanspeed

Banned
BigBlue1974 said:
Sucks to see the 15th Prestige garbage. One of the things that I remember with COD4 was that if you got into a match against a bunch of 10th prestige players, you were likely going to have a very tough battle. In MW2, more often than not it doesn't mean a thing because half the people aren't even really 10th prestige.
I usually ignore what 'rank' the other players are. Doesn't usually mean much at all, even in CoD4. I suppose you could expect a 10th prestige player to have better map knowledge than somebody just starting out, but 'rank' has never been a good measure of skill level in CoD.

chapel

Banned
It is funny that people are complaining about Bungie having daily cR caps and the initial rank cap, and ultimately its all to protect against shit like this. Hopefully Treyarch will have some checks in the game and ban, or at least reset people that do stuff like this.

OK, I'm not sure whether to feel excited or not. Just checked Tescoentertainment to find it's been despatched

But the money still hasn't gone from my account. Is this normal? Also, if it does go ship as normal and the money goes through when it needs to, is there any chance of me getting this tomorrow or will they hold all the shipping to houses until Tomorrow?

EDIT: just found this http://forum.blu-ray.com/united-kingdom/156129-when-do-tesco-entertainment-take-money-orders.html Maybe I got lucky or maybe they'll take the money out in a couple of weeks or something stupid.

cameltoe

snack said:

yes it does.......

I killed a dude and he respawned right in frt of me..killed him again.

rSpooky

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Thanks. Seems in line with most FPS games these days so I guess that's okay. It also means i'll finish it in one sitting, which is good. I'm so time stretched all week but the weekend that I pretty much have to do this, otherwise I take months to finish something trivial like Ratchet & Clank.
5 hours? This is getting ridiculous. Why even bother with SP at all anymore. This sucks, I like a good SP campaign, 8-12 hours I think is (sorta) acceptable 4 hour/ 5 hour campaigns is just annoying. I don't like this trend at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsal9zMp6b0&hd=1

Search & Destroy Villa gameplay... but more importantly...

dat_ass.jpg

dat window dive @ 10m55s

To anyone who may skip to the window dive and be alarmed he took no fall damage, he had Lightweight Pro on.

iNvid02

HACKS-HACKS-HACKS HACKS-HACKS-HACKS HACKS-HACKS-HACKS

got your attention? ok nice :D

so i know people are gonna find that lobby video, shit spreads like wildfire. you might see it on forums, on youtube or where it was first uploaded on vimeo. i've seen so many people go insane, one guy threatened treyarch dev families on the official COD forums, well here is the facts.

Yes this hack/mod is real, although this mod has not been performed on Xbox Live, it has been done using a DevKit called PartnerNET which lets you run unsigned code. So yes it's right this mod can not be done online (Xbox Live) though the mod could still possibly be done through system link but as of now that has not been exploited and may or may not be possible as i don't know too much about the inner workings of the black ops game etc.

Also he's running the old dashboard because the software for Jtag consoles known as a rebooter won't be updated to support the new dashboard meaning Jtag console can not go online meaning no prestige/challenge modding unless of course a way is found via system link like i mentioned earlier.

VIDEO IN QUESTION
http://vimeo.com/16581620

Top Bottom