• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

tigerin

isn't one of the new map "hazard" used to be in world at war? it's so similar to that japanese map but instead of cherry blossom, they replaced it with trees.

kuYuri

tigerin said:
isn't one of the new map "hazard" used to be in world at war? it's so similar to that japanese map but instead of cherry blossom, they replaced it with trees.
It's a "remake" of Cliffside.

tigerin said:

As Strider said, it's a homage to Cliffside, one of WaW's best maps. Certainly, many sections of the map are very similar, but it has significant differences aswell. Both are fantastic maps.

I'm still enjoying BLOPS on PS3 quite regularly, but I'm not that great at it. I've only just started getting into the wager matches but it's often hard to find a match so if anyone wants my ID shoot me a PM, or send me yours. Easy money, haha...

Slizz

Straight up I just stopped playing this game. I'm like totally done with it after almost a year of solid play. Bought the latest map pack and have maybe played 5 full sessions after that and thats it. Crazy stuff, think I might wait on the next COD and try out Battlefield. But thats not a sure thing.

I'm still playing Annihilation, two weeks later!

The G11 is an utter beast. Unscoped, of course. Both the telescopic and that weird red sight are horrible. Hipfiring a G11 is amazing. :lol

cameltoe

Since reaching P15 Ive been working on the pro perks....

Marathon Pro can suck a dick. Getting 15 CTF medals is BS. No one covers you, its like they are trying to do the same thing so they wait for you to die to grab the flag. Also, getting 5 throwbacks for FJ Pro is proving impossible. Every is using a fucking hatchet it seems!

kuYuri

cameltoe said:

Marathon Pro can suck a dick. Getting 15 CTF medals is BS. No one covers you, its like they are trying to do the same thing so they wait for you to die to grab the flag. Also, getting 5 throwbacks for FJ Pro is proving impossible. Every is using a fucking hatchet it seems!

Play CTF with a party of friends, it's much easier that way.

zam

cameltoe said:

Many of the pro challenges are stupid, I don't want to be forced to play a certain game mode just to get a pro perk that I use in other game modes.

cameltoe said:

1. Toss a grenade at your feet.
2. Pick up the grenade you just tossed.
3. Toss it at an enemy.
4. Kill enemy with "tossed back grenade."
5. ...
6. Profit!

kuYuri

RJNavarrete said:
3. Toss it at an enemy.
5. ...
6. Profit!

You don't have to kill an enemy with it, you just need to pick it up. Also, I don't think picking up your own grenades count.

cameltoe

RJNavarrete said:
3. Toss it at an enemy.
5. ...
6. Profit!

Nice try!

Worked In COD 4...doesnt work here ( i tried)

This is simply toss back an enemy nade.

cameltoe said:

Sit your ass up in the tower on Firing range, got it in like 3 rounds on that map..

The Gunship in this game is broken. Out of the last 5 times or so that I've gotten it, 4 of them have resulted in me being unable to control it AT ALL. It just turns and goes crazy the whole time and I end up getting no kills with it.

Stantron

If you signed up for the CoD Elite beta, the first wave of invites will start to go out later today. I'm curious to check it out.

Clairvoyance said:
The Gunship in this game is broken. Out of the last 5 times or so that I've gotten it, 4 of them have resulted in me being unable to control it AT ALL. It just turns and goes crazy the whole time and I end up getting no kills with it.
I've had that happen once out of 100+. It was so annoying. Good thing I didn't get it 4/5 times though... I'd be furious.

On a related note, I hope the AC-130 comes back for MW2. <3 that thing.

Ballistik

Clairvoyance said:
I've only used Gunship like three times in the past few weeks and it's felt broken to me all three times. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but I can't stop it from moving, seems like turning is impossible and I end up flying outside of the map. :/

My preferred killstreaks are just spy plane, counter spy plane, and napalm strike. You rack up points quick in game types like ground war! (Especially if you use hardline as well).

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Since I'm a pretty big fan of stats/gloating, I can see myself using Elite a fair amount. Depending upon what is freely available.

Xux

Kind of annoying that the Beta's 360 only right now. Hopefully they let the rest of us have a shot by the time they let us pay for the new map pack.

kuYuri

user_nat said:
Since I'm a pretty big fan of stats/gloating, I can see myself using Elite a fair amount. Depending upon what is freely available.

Pretty much everything that you would expect is free. At the moment, paying for Elite gives you access to upcoming MW3 map packs (which you can still buy separately when it releases) and competitive related stuff like tournaments, prizes, etc. There are some things about premium membership they haven't revealed yet.

So far, I think it's being handled well as far as free vs paid goes.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Elite looks pretty sweet. I loves me some stats too. From what I understand all the stat tracking and social stuff is free and its the tournaments and leagues for prizes that you pay for. I'll just stick with the free stuff.

The map section looked pretty weak though. I'd really love to see my stats broken down by map.

Never realised how important it was to play with a skilled friend. I played against some guy early last week and we had a really good, respectful rivalry over 5 games or so. He added me, we've squaded up ever since, and wow. I have played 100 TDM games in the last week or so. 98 wins, 2 losses. FUCK.

Lonewolfing it means I'd probably win 3/4 of every 5 games, but I'm guaranteed a win if I have someone by my side who always goes positive. Amazing stuff.

kuYuri

Kermit The Dog said:
Never realised how important it was to play with a skilled friend. I played against some guy early last week and we had a really good, respectful rivalry over 5 games or so. He added me, we've squaded up ever since, and wow. I have played 100 TDM games in the last week or so. 98 wins, 2 losses. FUCK.

Lonewolfing it means I'd probably win 3/4 of every 5 games, but I'm guaranteed a win if I have someone by my side who always goes positive. Amazing stuff.

You don't play this with a party of friends often?

Kermit The Dog said:

Add me tonight. I wanna play with someone good.

XxTACTxJEEZYxX

cameltoe

I almost exclusively play alone.....it can be rough at times with a bad team but hey, I like a challange!

599991f1.jpg

You're welcome!

Cameltoe it looks like a lot of the dudes in that game had a poor connection.

Thats actually why I stopped playing the game about a month ago. I blame the double exp's for this as the connection problems only started around those, but I just couldnt get a solid game to save my life for the better part of about 2 weeks. Have these problems sorted themselves out? The games not much fun when your bullets dont do anything.

Was this an issue that effected more than just me? I sure hope it wasnt just my connection - I remember people bitching here about the bad connections so I assumed it was due to the double exp population rise or something.

cameltoe

The connection is still hit or miss. I can go a few days where my bullets do what I expect, then another few days where Im firing blanks....

bobs99 ... said:
Cameltoe it looks like a lot of the dudes in that game had a poor connection.

Thats actually why I stopped playing the game about a month ago. I blame the double exp's for this as the connection problems only started around those, but I just couldnt get a solid game to save my life for the better part of about 2 weeks. Have these problems sorted themselves out? The games not much fun when your bullets dont do anything.

Was this an issue that effected more than just me? I sure hope it wasnt just my connection - I remember people bitching here about the bad connections so I assumed it was due to the double exp population rise or something.

Connection or not, I can vouch for him. He's a beast. PS, we need to play again sometime soon.

Ballistik

If any of you guys would like another teammate, I'm down to join if you invite me. I usually play regular domination, TDM, or ground war. Hardcore's not my thing though. I don't have the map packs, but I do have a 2.01 K/D (I'm like prestige 6) GT: EC Ballistik

Strider2K99 said:
You don't play this with a party of friends often?

Nah. For whichever reason, I play worse when in a party. Must be concentrating less or something. The new guy I play with hates chatting too, so we squad up but both have our mics off. :lol Works for us.

Beating up on TDM scrubs eh? Whatever boosts your ego ^_^

Infallible logic! You idiot. :lol

And cameltoe, that 49 - 5 game is fucking awesome. Would love to watch the game if it remains in your RG list?

cameltoe

Kermit The Dog said:
Nah. For whichever reason, I play worse when in a party. Must be concentrating less or something. The new guy I play with hates chatting too, so we squad up but both have our mics off. :lol Works for us.

Infallible logic! You idiot. :lol

And cameltoe, that 49 - 5 game is fucking awesome. Would love to watch the game if it remains in your RG list?

It should be.......

BTW I sent you a FR a few weeks ago, you never replied :(

kuYuri

I have really been neglecting this game lately, these past few months have been super busy for me, hope I get some more playtime in before MW3.

camel, sent you a friend request, we should play again (last time was that one time we partied up with saigoh and Max way back).

Kermit The Dog said:

Interesting, I'm the type that shines when playing with a good team, so I guess there really are a variety of people out there.

Hey You

Finally got this game (as a b-day present) after splitscreening/stealing my siblings copy and playing a buddies house since its release and was surprised the first strike DLC for free with the game. Is that the case for every new copy now or did I just get lucky?

So I heard somewhere that they were nerfing the Famas? Whats going on with that?

cameltoe

Dude sent me this yesterday...

Disasterpieces 7/16/2011
Go 3.0 without your little pussy ass Ghost

So of course it was after he left the game. So i hit the recently met players list and see he is still online, now playing S&D. I join the game. Its 4v4 and Im on the other team. I 4-0 the first round (using Light weight, marathon and an Mp5k) He doesnt say anything. Next round. I kill him quickly at the start, he leaves.....I follow! I joined his next game and he leaves once he notices me.....I did this to him until he gave up and shut off his box.

Fuck with me will ya!! Thats why I love playing by myself...

kuYuri

Hey You said:
Finally got this game (as a b-day present) after splitscreening/stealing my siblings copy and playing a buddies house since its release and was surprised the first strike DLC for free with the game. Is that the case for every new copy now or did I just get lucky?

So I heard somewhere that they were nerfing the Famas? Whats going on with that?

1. PS3 version? I've heard of some copies lately coming with it included.

2. Famas nerf was:

- Increasing ADS raise time
- Hip fire accuracy reduction
- More gun-kick (less accurate)
- Slower re-centre speed

Hey You

Strider2K99 said:
1. PS3 version? I've heard of some copies lately coming with it included.

2. Famas nerf was:

- Increasing ADS raise time
- Hip fire accuracy reduction
- More gun-kick (less accurate)
- Slower re-centre speed

And its been nerfed already?

Top Bottom