• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

kakashi08 said:
I have black ops on steam. and my pc has great hardware (i think) and its still running it really slow, is there some setting i need to do ?

This is my hardware:
Intel Core 2 duo E8500
4gb ram
Radeon HD 4870

Shouldn't that run the game smoothly?

I have the resolution of the game set to 1920x1200, even at 1080p it runs slow fps.

Why?
bo is a poorly optimized game for dual cores unfortunately, seems to benefit from a tri or quad cpu. I have a buddy who struggles with stuttering as well on an athlon dual core, treyarch just dropped the ball on it

Anyone else feel the SP campaign felt lack luster and less exciting than Modern Warfare 2's campaign? Everything had a feeling of treyarch "trying to imitate MW" but with no substance, many things felt forced.

kakashi08

Which processor do you recommend, I need to play this game with no lag.
Also will be playing battlefield: bad company 2 aswell.
I dont think i need a upgrade on my video card, just the cpu, right :0 ? lol

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The new maps are pretty blah.

Well I can't comment on Hazard yet since I didn't get to play it once in the 3 hours I played the game but since it's a remake of Cliffside I'm sure I'll like it. The other 3 are pretty dull and uninteresting to look at and filled with second story windows and sniper perches.

Maybe I'll like them more when my connection isn't shit causing my gun to jump uncontrollably even when I burst fire.

Brian Fellows said:
The new maps are pretty blah.

Well I can't comment on Hazard yet since I didn't get to play it once in the 3 hours I played the game but since it's a remake of Cliffside I'm sure I'll like it. The other 3 are pretty dull and uninteresting to look at and filled with second story windows and sniper perches.

Maybe I'll like them more when my connection isn't shit causing my gun to jump uncontrollably even when I burst fire.

I'm a fan of Hazard, even though it usually just ends up being one big sniping fest (and I'm never a sniper). Out of all of them, I'd say that I dislike Hangar 18 the most, followed closely by Silo. For some reason both maps just never feel that fun to me. I am a fan of Drive-In, though, mainly because of it's small-ish size.

I hate when you have a great game and get the loss because some dick on your team goes like 4 and 19. How do you even do that? How do you die that many times in one match? At some point just go find a hiding spot and stop killing your team's chances!

Ninja Scooter said:
I hate when you have a great game and get the loss because some dick on your team goes like 4 and 19. How do you even do that? How do you die that many times in one match? At some point just go find a hiding spot and stop killing your team's chances!

I'm more amazed by the folks that are Prestige 15, but have a k/d of like 0.30. Not only do they suck, but they had to continuously suck that much longer to hit that level of Prestige. They must have incredible patience.

Ballistik

KoreanBarbecue said:
I'm more amazed by the folks that are Prestige 15, but have a k/d of like 0.30. Not only do they suck, but they had to continuously suck that much longer to hit that level of Prestige. They must have incredible patience.

Oh man this is so true. I've seen some people K/D's well below .50 in the stats page for the last 10 games played and they're doing just horrible.. yet they never leave the lobby. I don't understand how they're entertained.

Ballistik said:
Oh man this is so true. I've seen some people K/D's well below .50 in the stats page for the last 10 games played and they're doing just horrible.. yet they never leave the lobby. I don't understand how they're entertained.

I give a lobby two matches of my time. If I'm doing good/great, I stick around. But if I do bad two in a row, I'm out. Agreed, I don't understand how folks can just plop down in a lobby and do bad, match after match. But then again, I'm always hoping their on the team opposite of me. But, luck usually has it that they're not. :\

I don't understand how people can have 25-30 DAYS of playtime and still have under 0.5 KDRs/constantly do horrible. I like to check the stats of high level players while in the lobby to know who I should watch out for, and it's honestly shocking how often you see players with that amount of time played that still go negative in matches. You'd think after playing the game so much they'd at least have some concept of how to win a match or at least support their team.

As for the new maps, so far I'm not a fan. Silo feels like something out of MW2, Drive-In feels like a poor man's CoD4 map (without the polish) and as for Hazard, well, I didn't like it in WaW and it's even worse here. And holy hell is Hazard ugly. It actually looked better in WaW. I kinda like Hanger 18 though. Getting in gun fights on top of a stealth fighter is pretty cool. Overall, a massive let down after the last map pack which I loved.

venom2124 said:
Anyone else getting freezes after the new ps3 patch? Never froze on me before, now I'm getting hard freezes every few matches.

No freezes here, but the lag seems even worse since I downloaded the map pack. Anyone else notice that?

ThirstyFly said:
No freezes here, but the lag seems even worse since I downloaded the map pack. Anyone else notice that?
I was used to a perfect connection, but ever since I got the map pack, the lag was painfully apparent; it was driving me absolutely crazy initially but it seems to have fixed itself.

Nori Chan

Honestly, I hate the time will travel achievement. It's ridiculous that you need 4 players for it. :(

Someone at achievement hunter is asking for help and I'll hit him up for it.

Noriega said:
I've been stuck at 1.71 myself. Can't seem to raise it any higher.

I unfortunately spent my first 8 or so Prestiges just messing around and not really going for any good sort of k/d. Now, I usually hover around 2.0/2.5, but my lifetime is still stuck at 1.47. Poo.

zam

Noriega said:
I've been stuck at 1.71 myself. Can't seem to raise it any higher.
I was around 1.95, so it wasn't like I went from 1.0 to 2.0, it was just nice to finally get to the 2.0 mark. Most multiplayer fps's I've usually been around 1.5-1.8

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I just look at my TDM KDR which is at 2.14.

My overall is a little lower (2.09) because I only go into objective modes to get my pro perk challenges. Its pretty easy to die 30 times a match in demolition when all you do is make a mad dash for the target over and over trying to get plants or defuses.

My kd is sitting at 2.53, though my weekly average is always around 3.6. That's what you for being shit in the first month, I guess.

Anyway, this Call of Duty Elite thing is pretty awesome. Very detailed and quite well designed, though its a little chuggy at times. I can see myself using it quite often. Props to Beachhead.

Has anyone else got it? We can set up a GAF group/clan/league!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Kermit The Dog said:
My kd is sitting at 2.53, though my weekly average is always around 3.6. That's what you for being shit in the first month, I guess.

Anyway, this Call of Duty Elite thing is pretty awesome. Very detailed and quite well designed, though its a little chuggy at times. I can see myself using it quite often. Props to Beachhead.

Has anyone else got it? We can set up a GAF group/clan/league!

Can you sort your stats by map?

zam

Brian Fellows said:
Damn.

Seems like a pretty obvious stat to me.
Yeah, they have heatmaps but hopefully stats for each map would be a useful feature, hopefully that is one of the features they are going to add, since it's just a beta without all the features that are going to be in the final version

Edit: And they haven't implemented heatmaps yet (as far as I can see) even though that's one of the features they have talked about alot.

Edit2: Ok the heatmaps are they, I just missed them, they are under recent games, not when you go to the actual map info :p

Kikarian

i've just signed up for the CoD: Elite, waiting to be verified via email. Let you guy's know when I have gotten it. Then if you are making a NeoGAF league, I'll join!

DodgeAnon said:
i've just signed up for the CoD: Elite, waiting to be verified via email. Let you guy's know when I have gotten it. Then if you are making a NeoGAF league, I'll join!

When did you sign up? I think I signed up before the official sign ups really started. All I had the option of doing was entering in my email address. When you signed up did you have to create a profile with a linked gamertag?

Let us know what its like, im pretty curious.

zam

Brian Fellows said:
They have heat maps for Black Ops now and had them for WaW as well. Is there actually anything new?
You can see how long it will take you to reach a certain prestige or level, you can view anyone's classes, different competitions such as "get the most kills in TDM within a certain amount of days" or "upload the best picture of a semtex stick to the face" (when you win you get a badge that people can see on your page, dunno if there will be other rewards when it actually is released..). Of course all the kinds of stats you can see in your playercard.

Other things such as clans, leagues, being able to change your classes via the browser or app aren't in the beta, also supposedly other things they don't want to talk about until MW3 mp details are revealed.

CoD elite FAQ: http://www.callofduty.com/elite/faq

DodgeAnon said:
Leagues or clans aren't available in the beta, but there is a #NeoGAF group (with like 6 people lol)

bobs99 ... said:
When did you sign up? I think I signed up before the official sign ups really started. All I had the option of doing was entering in my email address. When you signed up did you have to create a profile with a linked gamertag?

Let us know what its like, im pretty curious.
I signed up back when you only had to enter an e-mail address, then I re-signed when they changed it to you had to make a profile. Then I got some e-mail saying that "In order to prepare your account we need you to complete your Call of Duty registration by creating a Call of Duty account and linking your console profile." (which I thought I had already done), did that again and a couple days after that (earlier today) I got my invite.

God, what's with these botards going 0-15 in this game? How the fuck can you suck that much? I always carry my team, but sometimes it's hopeless even for me. I figured these idiots would have regressed to Black Ops, but for some reason they're still infecting MW2.

Jack Scofield said:
God, what's with these botards going 0-15 in this game? How the fuck can you suck that much? I always carry my team, but sometimes it's hopeless even for me. I figured these idiots would have regressed to Black Ops, but for some reason they're still infecting MW2.

I'm not a MW2 player, but in Black Ops this is my typical routine:

1. Jump into match, already in progress, team is losing 6500-1000
2. Lose. Jump into new match, go 25-5, but lose due to three guys going 5-20 (and they're Prestige 15).
3. Jump into new match, get a Hind, host quits sending everyone to the lobby.
4. Jump into new match, entire team is running around trying to tomahawk everyone. Lose badly.
5. Eventually team up with one or two folks from GAF, clean house.

Top Bottom