• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Enco

SteveO409 said:
Game Informer gave it a 9/10. Got it from GS W4rr10r at gamefaqs

"Concept - Remember Modern Warfare? Yeah, like that but in 1968

Graphics - Call of Duty remains at the top of the visual heap, not least because of the always-excellent framerate.

Sound - Outstanding voice work brings the story to life.

Playability - The control scheme hasn't changed. This is still the gold standard for console FPS

Entertainment - This may be going through the series' established motions, but that's one dance I'm more than happy to repeat.

Replay Value - High "
Sounds good to me.

The bit in bold is a bit iffy but 60fps is great though.

Hixx

coolcole93 said:
OK, I'm not sure whether to feel excited or not. Just checked Tescoentertainment to find it's been despatched

But the money still hasn't gone from my account. Is this normal? Also, if it does go ship as normal and the money goes through when it needs to, is there any chance of me getting this tomorrow or will they hold all the shipping to houses until Tomorrow?

EDIT: just found this http://forum.blu-ray.com/united-kingdom/156129-when-do-tesco-entertainment-take-money-orders.html Maybe I got lucky or maybe they'll take the money out in a couple of weeks or something stupid.

I ordered Halo: Reach from them and they didn't take payment till like 2 weeks after I got the game. This time they took the money as soon as I pre-ordered though.

.nimrod

X26 said:
swastika @ 11:00 on a player card...guessing that was editied into the video
doesn't look like it was edited in, more like created with the emblem editor
6LdL5.jpg

Are you able to shoot people while they are in the dive animation? I remember back in the BF2 days you couldn't shoot people going prone and people abused it.

n0n44m

Fourman said:
Are you able to shoot people while they are in the dive animation? I remember back in the BF2 days you couldn't shoot people going prone and people abused it.

yeah I saw it twice in videos last week, also looks like last stand has less invincibility frames =]

further more online game + logo/decal/emblem editor = swastika :lol

rvy

Banned
.nimrod said:
doesn't look like it was edited in, more like created with the emblem editor
6LdL5.jpg
Have people lost all self-respect? :lol
This just helps out the argument that 95% of CoD's online population is prepubescent 11 year olds.

rvy said:
Have people lost all self-respect? :lol
This just helps out the argument that 95% of CoD's online population is prepubescent 11 year olds.

Being called 'HolyAbdullah' paints a picture of an anti-semitic muslim but now I'm just speculating. Guy's a cunt though.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Steam Question: When it says that it'll be unlocked on Tuesday, does that mean I won't be able to download it until then?

AgentWhiskersX said:
Steam Question: When it says that it'll be unlocked on Tuesday, does that mean I won't be able to download it until then?
you can pre-load it now I think or soon at least.
But the final 1KB will be available on Tuesday

Sethos said:
Are Activision still removing YT videos or are they finally letting them stay?

They seem to be sticking around at this point, but who knows. The gunship vid (which I put into the OT under killstreaks) has still stuck around.

Speaking of which, if you guys find any good killstreak vids on YouTube, PM them to me and I'll put them into the OT. Dogs, SAM sites, sentries doing work, napalm - anything good, I want!

Sethos

Banned
divisionbyzorro said:
They seem to be sticking around at this point, but who knows. The gunship vid (which I put into the OT under killstreaks) has still stuck around.

Speaking of which, if you guys find any good killstreak vids on YouTube, PM them to me and I'll put them into the OT. Dogs, SAM sites, sentries doing work, napalm - anything good, I want!

Can finally upload my map 'walthroughs' in HD - Few of my friends wanted to see them in proper quality.

Cheers mate.

Jb

Is there an option to automatically mute everyone like in Halo Reach? It's not like anyone ever says anything useful anyway.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
will the ranks be reset come monday, or will the people who got it on 360/ps3 early have a "headstart" day 1?

Corky said:
will the ranks be reset come monday, or will the people who got it on 360/ps3 early have a "headstart" day 1?
People are saying that there will be a reset, but the same shit was said last year when MW2 started getting sold early... and there was no stat reset.

I fully expect the same to happen with Black Ops.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Revolutionary said:
People are saying that there will be a reset, but the same shit was said last year when MW2 started getting sold early... and there was no stat reset.

ah ok, thankfully the pc-version isn't playable until tuesday, so for those who care the playingfield will be even :3

Revolutionary said:

Since today is sunday and no post is delivered by most places today, tonight would be the best time to reset ranks ready for next week, tons of people will most likely get it in early post on monday.

But I agree they will most likely leave it alone.

Sealda

Banned
Here is a video of all the guns with golden camo!

Anyone know if some of these camo are harder to get than others? Or is it like, the golden camo cost as much as some of the less flashy ones? Say some wood camo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHm5fGqzpA

Seriously that Gold camo looks fucking amazing!

There is also the chrome camo in the end of the video!

Top Bottom