• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

zam

KoreanBarbecue said:
I'm not a MW2 player, but in Black Ops this is my typical routine:

1. Jump into match, already in progress, team is losing 6500-1000
2. Lose. Jump into new match, go 25-5, but lose due to three guys going 5-20 (and they're Prestige 15).
3. Jump into new match, get a Hind, host quits sending everyone to the lobby.
4. Jump into new match, entire team is running around trying to tomahawk everyone. Lose badly.
5. Eventually team up with one or two folks from GAF, clean house.
This is why i never play solo (except for rare occasions when it's double xp and no friends are online). Playing on my own with randoms makes me want to gouge my eyes out, even playing me and a friend with 4 randoms is terrible enough.

Kikarian

bobs99 ... said:
When did you sign up? I think I signed up before the official sign ups really started. All I had the option of doing was entering in my email address. When you signed up did you have to create a profile with a linked gamertag?

Let us know what its like, im pretty curious.
No -.-' I mean i've entered my email in. Waiting for the verification email, like everyone else who has entered their email.

Stantron

zam said:
Leagues or clans aren't available in the beta, but there is a #NeoGAF group (with like 6 people lol)
Yup, I got into the beta early so I created the group. Holy shit at the current leader with 118k total kills. I'm hoping that once MW3 launches, we'll be able to use groups to party up much easier online. Or maybe the network will automatically pair groups together and against each other. Like maybe a group of random Laker fans versus a group of random Celtics fans... then they can all talk shit in the lobby. ;)

Stantron said:
Yup, I got into the beta early so I created the group. Holy shit at the current leader with 118k total kills.

Yeah, Drogturist, or as he's known on GAF, aku:jiki or whatever. Guys played for like 30 days. I'd hate to be his girlfriend.
KuGsj.gif

MIMIC

Banned
Is this game known to cause severe motion sickness? I play FPSs all the time but I was playing the beginning of the campaign the other day (with the motorcycle) and I got sick to my frickin stomach. I've NEVER had that happen to me--or anything remotely close to it--while playing a FPS. Granted, I've gotten motion sickness from movies like "Cloverfield" and "Quarantine" when I saw them in theaters but never from a video game. I played COD4 and it never happened to me then either.

WTF

kuYuri

MIMIC said:
Is this game known to cause severe motion sickness? I play FPSs all the time but I was playing the beginning of the campaign the other day (with the motorcycle) and I got sick to my frickin stomach. I've NEVER had that happen to me--or anything remotely close to it--while playing a FPS. Granted, I've gotten motion sickness from movies like "Cloverfield" and "Quarantine" when I saw them in theaters but never from a video game. I played COD4 and it never happened to me then either.

WTF

Is it just the specific section that's making you motion sick or the whole game?

This is the first I've heard of this.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ThirstyFly said:
Man, I ran into a random dude with 44 days of playtime. I didn't even know that was possible.

Any one here have more time logged?

Not even if I combined by my BO playtime with my MW2 playtime. I had 24 days in on MW2 and I'm at 15 with BO.

MIMIC

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
Is it just the specific section that's making you motion sick or the whole game?

This is the first I've heard of this.

Just this part (I haven't gotten pass that part though....I started the campaign and haven't played it for a while).

ThirstyFly said:
Man, I ran into a random dude with 44 days of playtime. I didn't even know that was possible.

Any one here have more time logged?

I'm a mathematical lightweight but from my rough calculations, that guy must have played at least 6 hours MINIMUM every day since launch. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I have a tit on my friends list who's racked up 41 days, and when I messaged him asking about it, his excuse was that he 'worked from home".
KuGsj.gif

Kermit The Dog said:
I'm a mathematical lightweight but from my rough calculations, that guy must have played at least 6 hours MINIMUM every day since launch. HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I have a tit on my friends list who's racked up 41 days, and when I messaged him asking about it, his excuse was that he 'worked from home".
KuGsj.gif

6 hours a day? Damn. I only played one match with him, but he was pretty awful too. You'd think after 44 days he'd at least be able to accidentally drop a grenade on someone.

I work from home too and I'm just about to hit 10 days I think.

ThirstyFly said:
6 hours a day? Damn. I only played one match with him, but he was pretty awful too. You'd think after 44 days he'd at least be able to accidentally drop a grenade on someone.

I work from home too and I'm just about to hit 10 days I think.

Yeah, the guy on my list has a shitty 1.7kd. I mean, if you're dedicating 25% of your fucking existence to something, you'd want to be bloody good at it.

Stantron

Kermit The Dog said:

KuGsj.gif
We're about 9 months since launch of BO, which is roughly 9x30 = 270 days.
If he has played 44 days worth of BO, that's a total of about 44x24 = 1056 hours.
So then 1056/270 = 3.9 hours per day since launch. Still a ton, but not 6.

Kermit The Dog said:
Yeah, the guy on my list has a shitty 1.7kd. I mean, if you're dedicating 25% of your fucking existence to something, you'd want to be bloody good at it.

I'd consider 1.7 decent. This guy had well under 1.0

Kermit The Dog said:
Sorry if my 1.76 isn't enough for your standards :'/

kuYuri

RJNavarrete said:

You're really at 1.76? Considering the scores you post, I figured at least 2.00 KDR easily. :p

I really need to play this with gaffers more. But I can't get away from my single-player games for too long, that's just me.

Strider2K99 said:
You're really at 1.76? Considering the scores you post, I figured at least 2.00 KDR easily. :p

I really need to play this with gaffers more. But I can't get away from my single-player games for too long, that's just me.

Boo. I'm stuck at 1.48, but I think folks here that I've played with can vouch that I'm better than that number.

Ballistik

KoreanBarbecue said:
Boo. I'm stuck at 1.48, but I think folks here that I've played with can vouch that I'm better than that number.
Yeah you definitely do better than 1.48 every time I play with you.

Anyways, my KD has been going up for the past 3 months. I got like 26k kills total (somewhere around 4 days of game) yet i went from a 1.84 to a 2.05 currently.

Checked previous games,
COD 4: 1.43
MW 2: 1.76
BLOPS: 2.05
Good progress i guess?
Edit : Never got into WaW

Regarding my kd: if you could wipe my stats I would easily be 2.3+; its just that first month of adjusting from ps3 which really kicked my butt. When my live subscription ran out a while back I used a free month card to start a new profile and maintained a 2.3 on it for the short while I used it. I usually come in 1st or second when I'm playing with my group of regulars and they all have 1.8+

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Ballistik said:
Checked previous games,
COD 4: 1.43
MW 2: 1.76
BLOPS: 2.05
Good progress i guess?
No WaW?

No idea what my CoD4 KD is, low I assume.

WAW: ~0.85
MW2: 1.72
Blops: 2.73

Can't see the improvement keeping up into MW3.

MIMIC said:

WTF

I get motion sick with lots of FPS games but haven't with Black Ops. A few minutes of PSN Wolfenstein 3D or COD Classic will do me in for a couple of hours, it's bad. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it but usually playing it on a smaller TV or sitting further away might help.

I was horribly bad when I started my CoD addiction lol

CoD4- finished with a 2.0 (60 days played if I remember correctly lol), but it was frustrating getting into the rhythm coming straight from Halo 3
WaW- Only had 9-10 days with it, but ended with a 3.0.
MW2- Started with a 3.5x, but the fatigue set in and just stopped caring, so I used the riot shield/AA12 combo. Ended with 3.2x I believe
Black Ops- 3.2x and kept going when I switched to higher killstreaks (obviously). For the majority of the time I ran UAV, CUAV, and Napalm.

Played TDM and Dom mostly, but started getting into HQ more with Black Ops. If CoD4 wasn't ran by modders, I would have spent even more time on it :p

Tokubetsu

I'm down for some games right now if anyone is on. GT: Tokubetsu

I'm sitting at 1.59 K/D so im not too bad. Don't be shy, I won't bite and I own the first map pack.

kuYuri

Tokubetsu said:
I'm down for some games right now if anyone is on. GT: Tokubetsu

I'm sitting at 1.59 K/D so im not too bad. Don't be shy, I won't bite and I own the first map pack.

RJNavarrete said:
Regarding my kd: if you could wipe my stats I would easily be 2.3+; its just that first month of adjusting from ps3 which really kicked my butt. When my live subscription ran out a while back I used a free month card to start a new profile and maintained a 2.3 on it for the short while I used it. I usually come in 1st or second when I'm playing with my group of regulars and they all have 1.8+

Yeah, but who's stats wouldn't be infinitely better if we could wipe the first month off our history? I average around a 3.5 weekly now, which pales in comparison to my 2.53 overall kd. COD4 was the first COD I dedicated myself too and I finished up on a 1.6. I really hit my straps with WaW and absolutely dominated on that game, rocking a 3kd and finishing on exactly 100,000 kills.
KuGsj.gif

I think BO's a harder game than WaW (or, one that doesn't suit my playstyle as much) so I guess my 2.53 is understandable.

I wouldn't let you wipe my arse with a KD like that.

Kermit The Dog said:
Yeah, but who's stats wouldn't be infinitely better if we could wipe the first month off our history? I average around a 3.5 weekly now, which pales in comparison to my 2.53 overall kd. COD4 was the first COD I dedicated myself too and I finished up on a 1.6. I really hit my straps with WaW and absolutely dominated on that game, rocking a 3kd and finishing on exactly 100,000 kills.
KuGsj.gif

I think BO's a harder game than WaW (or, one that doesn't suit my playstyle as much) so I guess my 2.53 is understandable.

I wouldn't let you wipe my arse with a KD like that.

Well, apparently a high k/d doesn't include good manners. And with that, you go back on my Ignore List.

XeroSauce

My K/D takes a dive whenever I decide to fool around with Stakeout/Olympia/Kiparis or whatever. So I don't much care for it.

I'm just rocking the wager matches though. Nobody is sharpshooter knows how to use duel-wield weapons. No body knows how to use a Uzi with Reflex Sight. It's honestly sad that barely anyone on PC deviates from AUG/FAMAS/Commando/AK47.

Gun Game? Hahaha, yea right, people can't get past the snipers.

Sticks and Stones is easily my worst; it seems like everyone knows how to tomahawk except me.

And One in the Chamber is knife- and spawn-dependent.

Still, it's a whole lot more fun then running the same path in a Dom game down Array or Summit or whatever every single time.

How do you guys feel about the ghost perk with suppressor setup? I'm conflicted, I've played with this setup but it felt like cheating and not real team death match. When I enter a match and nearly half the opposing team is using this setup it gets frustrating, making me feel like I'm forced to use the same setup.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
OG_Original Gamer said:
When I enter a match and nearly half the opposing team is using this setup it gets frustrating, making me feel like I'm forced to use the same setup.

I've never noticed Ghost being overused personally. I see a very nice balance of tier 1 perks when I play. I always get 4-6 red dots on my screen when I call in a UAV.

Xux said:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011...esurrection-map-pack-coming-in-september/?x-y

MTV says it's the four WaW zombie maps plus a new one on the moon. They also say the moon level is free for people that got the WaW maps through the special editions of the game.

Hey, that's cheating, Strider.

Well crap. But I guess that's a good thing. I don't need to drop another $15 for more maps. On a happier note, guess I'm getting a free Hardened Ed. of MW3 for going to the CoD XP thing! Woot!

kuYuri

KoreanBarbecue said:
Well crap. But I guess that's a good thing. I don't need to drop another $15 for more maps. On a happier note, guess I'm getting a free Hardened Ed. of MW3 for going to the CoD XP thing! Woot!

I expect you to take good notes about the MW3 multiplayer in the event in case there are things we can't catch just from watching videos that get posted online. :D

Strider2K99 said:
I expect you to take good notes about the MW3 multiplayer in the event in case there are things we can't catch just from watching videos that get posted online. :D

I'm on it. I'll have to don a cub reporter type of hat to blend in.

Nori Chan

KoreanBarbecue said:
I saw that and I got extremely jelly.

Oh and I probably won't get the maps unless there are achievements tied to it.

And I'm on my 15th prestige and I think I have about 11 days on it.

Stantron

I swear to god, I'm a second behind every fucking death. So frustrating to be handicapped like this. Why do I keep playing?! /elpresador rage

Hey You

Why do games end when the host leaves? Alot of other games will just give host to another person. I was playing zombies and the host rages quit because he ran away from the pack and got down and quits when we didn't help him up.

Strider2K99 said:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011...esurrection-map-pack-coming-in-september/?x-y

MTV Multiplayer Blog is saying Resurrection (officially "Rezurrection") is the four original WaW zombie maps that were included with Hardened and Prestige Edition are part of this map pack and a 5th new zombie map called Moon, plus some other bonuses

If you already bought Hardened and Prestige, Rezurrection is free for you.

So I guess this is an entirely zombie map pack.
I wonder if that means that Treyarch will be focusing on Zombies because of MW3? This may be the first CoD DLC I ever purchase.

Top Bottom