• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

iNvid02

vxb2v.jpg

thechemist

MarshMellow96 said:
Aren't Gamestation also doing a deal where you get £5 extra trade-in value if you trade in 2 games?

I believe they are. Don't quote me on that, but they have been doing it on new releases recently.

thechemist said:
I believe they are. Don't quote me on that, but they have been doing it on new releases recently.

I think there was an in-store poster a few pages back, IIRC. I didn't see the t&c but it lasts until the 15th I think?

Planning on getting a bit little more for Punch Out. :lol

f0rk

Can I buy PC version from direct2drive from the UK using the coupon code? I'll have another couple of quid added on by the bank for buying it in dollars right?

Jack Scofield said:
Wow, this game looks like a fucking joke. Everyone gives MW2 and IW shit for their killstreaks, but at least the AC-130 and Chopper Gunner had some drawbacks. For one, you didn't have a crystal clear view of the map. And in MW2, an enemy wouldn't immediately be highlighted by a red box when spawning, giving them vital time to take you down with a Stinger. In Black Ops, the enemy is immediately a target when they spawn. Such as in 4:12 in your video. And so much as a glance seems to be enough to kill them with that killstreak.

Also, I dunno if it's because of Theater Mode or something, but the hit boxes in Black Ops are ridiculous. Look at the kills at :47, 3:05, and 3:14 in this video. My decision to skip this game seems to be paying off. Say what you will about MW2, but the highs in that game are glorious, and many of my complaints haven't been addressed in COD:BO. Grenade launchers are still in the game? And the only way to truly counteract them is to choose a highly situational perk in lieu of the many superior tier 1 perks? No thanks. :lol

By the way, do any Treyarch developers post in this thread? We had a few IW team members who posted in the MW2 thread. For all the bleating of "Treyarch listens to their community," they seem to be surprisingly absent from GAF.

All it takes is one or two guys to spawn with a Ghost/RPG class and it's all over. Not that hard to take down.

Do you work for Infinity Ward? Damn sure sounds like it. You're the only person in the history of the Internet that tried to sell the AC-130 and Chopper Gunner as having "drawbacks". Both were rape machines (unless you actually had smart people on the team with Cold Blooded and Stingers). And don't even give me this bullshit where "Oh, the hitbox didn't show you immediately!" It still showed you fast enough to get destroyed before you took a breath. End of story.

At least in Black Ops, you have to get all 11 kills with your damn gun instead of relying killstreak destruction.

I'll bet next you try to tell us that Commando and One Man Army had "drawbacks" because you had to use a perk slot to use them? :lol :lol :lol

bluehat9

VaLiancY said:
I'm going to use a stealth class and troll the shit out of the enemy team. Carrying Stinger missiles and shooting everything out the air. :lol

Better work for ghost pro because ghost only hides you from the spyplane, not aircraft or turrets. :(

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Pre-ordered with Amazon since they're doing $20 credit and I'm getting $39 credit for Reach. Whatever may be wrong with this game, I know I'm not going to end up winning a team deathmatch game 7 - 5 because three quarters of the people quit and were not replaced. Just hope UPS' "release day" shipping is actually on release day.

Those complaining about the hitboxes in the Famas video, I think I'm aware of what's happening here. To my knowledge, COD uses client-side hit detection, so in a laggy game, the hitbox kind of trails behind where the person is actually running. Now, when Max was playing in that game, he was firing right on target, but since modes like theatre mode record game engine data, when it recreates laggy games you can see BS like that happening.

bluehat9 said:
Better work for ghost pro because ghost only hides you from the spyplane, not aircraft or turrets. :(
This is why I figure that at least initially Flak Jacket will be the more popular perk. The non-pro version of that is a lot more powerful than regular Ghost.

I guess this does bring up another question. With a killstreak like Gunship it highlights everyone, but is that perhaps just because most wouldn't have Ghost Pro yet? Hope so because that circling of your enemies regardless of having Ghost Pro will just make it easy mode.

Snapshot King said:
Those complaining about the hitboxes in the Famas video, I think I'm aware of what's happening here. To my knowledge, COD uses client-side hit detection, so in a laggy game, the hitbox kind of trails behind where the person is actually running. Now, when Max was playing in that game, he was firing right on target, but since modes like theatre mode record game engine data, when it recreates laggy games you can see BS like that happening.

Ok cool. With all the talk of making BO easier for newbies it made me :0

VaLiancY said:
I'm going to use a stealth class and troll the shit out of the enemy team. Carrying Stinger missiles and shooting everything out the air. :lol
I always played this role on my team and I don't see that ending in this iteration. I'm not the best player but I always try to make sure that airborne killstreaks are as little a nuisance as possible. It's a shame you don't get kills for taking down aircraft.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Do you work for Infinity Ward? Damn sure sounds like it. You're the only person in the history of the Internet that tried to sell the AC-130 and Chopper Gunner as having "drawbacks". Both were rape machines (unless you actually had smart people on the team with Cold Blooded and Stingers). And don't even give me this bullshit where "Oh, the hitbox didn't show you immediately!" It still showed you fast enough to get destroyed before you took a breath. End of story.
You didn't even need to see hitboxes of people when they were spawning...the game spawned plenty into your current line of fire.

VaLiancY

shichishito said:
I always played this role on my team and I don't see that ending in this iteration. I'm not the best player but I always try to make sure that airborne killstreaks are as little a nuisance as possible. It's a shame you don't get kills for taking down aircraft.

In any shooter that I can play a support is the way I play it. Denying people killstreaks and helping my teammates with UAV or sentries guns protecting flanks. I enjoy taking down a chopper before it even shows up on the map.:lol

IonicSnake said:
Man, Balistic Knife with scavanger seems worse than commando pro. :/

Doesn't look like he had Scavenger. The little bird would've popped up during every pick-up. Looks like they ditched the "Hold X to pick up" mechanic that left people hunting around for the right angle to pick up their knife.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dresden said:
"Everyone hated knife runners in MW2, guys. Let's fix that."

"Yeah, let's make them shoot the knife instead."

hi5

It gets 2 shots (more if you use scavanger, which makes you slower), long reload, and takes the place of a secondary. While it isn't ideal, it's better than what it was.

Dresden said:

hi5

Knife running was fun =\. Also I like the solution, they upped the speed of the runners and decreased the lunge. Win win for everybody.

iam220

Snapshot King said:

So theater mode grabs data from the server and not from the client? I guess that's necessary if you're able to view it from the perspective of any player on the server and not just your own.

To me that looked like auto-aim on crack, heh.

Hixx

iam220 said:
So theater mode grabs data from the server and not from the client? I guess that's necessary if you're able to view it from the perspective of any player on the server and not just your own.

To me that looked like auto-aim on crack, heh.

I get the feeling theatre-mode captures are going to bring a lot of bitching until that's cleared up :lol

X26

Banned
IonicSnake said:
Man, Balistic Knife with scavanger seems worse than commando pro. :/

I was watching a wager match earlier being streamed and every minute the gun was being switched out. Eventually the ballistic knife popped up and what I saw in the time before it got switched out to another weapon put aside a lot of worries about the thing.

8 guys swarming around each other, missing knife after knife, and only getting kills by doing standard melee attacks

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Dresden said:

hi5

Unfortunately the "lets fix something and replace it with something worse" strategy has been going on for a while now. Everybody hated 3x frag grenades per life in COD4, so they got rid of it but made it so you could have infinite grenade launcher ammo with increased blast radius.

Somehow when they play test a game in the studio they don't bother to realize that once a game hits the public, people are going to milk the everloving shit out of every broken weapon/perk combo.

itsgreen

Mooreberg said:
Unfortunately the "lets fix something and replace it with something worse" strategy has been going on for a while now. Everybody hated 3x frag grenades per life in COD4, so they got rid of it but made it so you could have infinite grenade launcher ammo with increased blast radius.

Somehow when they play test a game in the studio they don't bother to realize that once a game hits the public, people are going to milk the everloving shit out of every broken weapon/perk combo.

noob tubing could be easily countered...

Dresden said:

hi5

If you watch videos you'll see that it's not exactly easy to hit a moving target with it. You were making a joke though.

luoapp

Mooreberg said:

There are things simply can't be tested in the QA lab, just think about the SC2 situation. It's all up to developer's post-launch support.

Calibur

thechemist said:
Here's the UK deals guys some confirmed, some not, credit to CAG.

Trade-in Deals
- GAME are doing Black Ops for half price when you trade in Halo Reach. (Unconfirmed)
- HMV are doing Black Ops on 360 for £7.99 when you trade in Medal of Honor (360).
- Tesco will be offering £24 for trading in Halo Reach.

Supermarket and In-Store Prices
Sainsbury's: £27.97 with £30 spend (a lot of sources - CONFIRMED, credit goes to annihilation from hotukdeals)
Morrisons: £29.99 when bought with another chart game, £39.99 otherwise (1 source who has claimed to see the promotional material, but unconfirmed until there's proof)
GAME: £24.99 when bought with any other chart 360/PS3 game or selected trade (confirmed, source)
Gamestation: £24.99 when bought with selected titles.
Best Buy: Doing £29.99 pre-orders here. Might be a good option considering the strong possibility that supermarket deals are dependant on buying with shopping. First 500 orders only, now back up to full price.
Tesco: £25 with the purchase of 2100 points or a £20 PSN card. (2 sources, unconfirmed)
ASDA: £36.97 when bought alone, or £4.97 when you trade in Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas, or Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. Confirmed, image source user "c4c" on hotukdeals.

Hey thanks for this us or me updated if this situation changes, because i know it's gonna be a crazy, rat race on Tuesday looking in Sainsburys, Tesco, Asda or Morrisons for the best deals!

zedge said:
Isnt this normal for console shooters? Autoaim.
Not to that scale, the aim being behind is due to the demo playback, it's like what a host would most likely see his end since in game play he was more then likely aiming right at him, why does play back do that? no idea but at least we can save and share footage now.

Top Bottom