• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

LeMaximilian said:
the spawning in the game is absolutely terrible. You never feel like your alone, people constantly spawning behind your back. I thought MW2 was bad, this is two-fold worse. On several occasions, I have people spawning in my sights feet away from me. I hope they fix it.
fuck

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Currently lv 15 on the first prestige, and the spawning problem not only happens on Domination games, but on TDM as well. It's easily the most infuriating thing in the game...next to my other huge problem with the gun combat, which is getting the drop on a guy, and he's still able to put you down. I don't like to boast, but I'm a pretty good shot. However, there's a ton of times where I run into a guy, get the first hit and end up getting killed. I've got no idea how the fuck it happens, but it happens often enough to piss me off to no end next to the spawning issues.

cameltoe

LeMaximilian said:
Currently lv 15 on the first prestige, and the spawning problem not only happens on Domination games, but on TDM as well. It's easily the most infuriating thing in the game...next to my other huge problem with the gun combat, which is getting the drop on a guy, and he's still able to put you down. I don't like to boast, but I'm a pretty good shot. However, there's a ton of times where I run into a guy, get the first hit and end up getting killed. I've got no idea how the fuck it happens, but it happens often enough to piss me off to no end next to the spawning issues.

This x1000!!

Im assuming its lag.....lll give it a week....if its the same...back to MW2 I go...FML!

Loxley

I've pretty much excepted the game is going to be broken for the first month. Lag, spawn issues, imbalances, bugs, terrain exploits, all will likely be in plentiful supply once the masses have access to BO.

Just have to grin and bare it for the time being :/

*edit;

Speaking of spawn issues, is it even technically feasible for Treyarch to "fix" the spawn mechanics post-launch? I can't recall if they or IW have ever done that before.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Well, this will be the time for Treyarch to prove they want to be more like Bungie, other than just ripping off credits, file share, and theater mode. Lets see if they actually support the game.

If they do, oh man, this could be awesome.

harrytang

Im in VA and saw one of those stolen copies on COD from Baltimore on craigslist today going for $80. I had not read the article on ign about stolen copies until tonight. If I hadn't been an hour away I would have gone through with it. Why is craigslist the most dangerous place on earth?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Loxley said:
Speaking of spawn issues, is it even technically feasible for Treyarch to "fix" the spawn mechanics post-launch? I can't recall if they or IW have ever done that before.
I'm not sure if it's been done for any CoD games but Uncharted 2 had it's spawns adjusted a few times in patches so it's at least possible.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Loxley said:
Treyarch fixed the spawning in WaW post-release iirc.

LeMaximilian said:
So do you prefer BO, MW2 or COD4?

LeMaximilian said:
The game sounds broken and it hasn't even been released yet. Here's hoping Treyarch follows through on their promise and supports this game post launch.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
mysticwhip said:
So do you prefer BO, MW2 or COD4?

In order and terms of gun combat/playability...

1st W@W
2nd COD4
3rd BO
4th MW2

cameltoe said:
This x1000!!

Im assuming its lag.....lll give it a week....if its the same...back to MW2 I go...FML!

And thank god this is happening to others and not just me...

Bread

Banned
wow a lot of these impressions are giving me second thoughts, spawning problems rarely get fixed and those are some of the most frustrating ways to die. does anyone regret their purchase so far?

careful

One thing I've noticed so far from the youtube videos is that the maps seem to be a lot less vertical than MW2. Which is great for me, because I tend to do really good on these types of map vs. something like Favela with rooftops all over the place.

johnFkennedy said:
The game sounds broken and it hasn't even been released yet. Here's hoping Treyarch follows through on their promise and supports this game post launch.

broken because he got shot first? You new to this?

Risette

A Good Citizen
Bread said:
wow a lot of these impressions are giving me second thoughts, spawning problems rarely get fixed and those are some of the most frustrating ways to die. does anyone regret their purchase so far?
Treyarch is usually really good with their support though, if you wanted this game I'd say still get it because the problems will probably be ironed out. I remember WaW was supported up until a few months from MW2's release.

Bread said:
Multiplayer is not as good as MW2 for me. Spawning issues, already hacking problems, some maps aren't great, fucking RC cars, etc. Singeplayer on the other hand is fantastic. I'll post a full review later.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
zero margin said:

The issue is YOU will get the first shot off, and STILL end up dying. Play 10 games or so, and you'll see what I mean.

DevelopmentArrested said:
Multiplayer is not as good as MW2 for me. Spawning issues, already hacking problems, some maps aren't great, fucking RC cars, etc. Singeplayer on the other hand is fantastic. I'll post a full review later.

FUCK RC CARS. Seriously, you thought shooting dogs in W@W was hard? Get ready for a whole new level of bullshit.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
Bread said:

Same here. I have the Amazon order open in a different tab and am very tempted to cancel after reading about the spawn bullshit.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Yay, pre-ordered with same day shipping! Can't wait for Tuesday!

LeMaximilian said:
The issue is YOU will get the first shot off, and STILL end up dying. Play 10 games or so, and you'll see what I mean.

you were aiming for the head area yeah? Assuming yes but need to cover all bases.

EDIT - I saw your youtube vids earlier, shit, bad news.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
If I haven't mentioned already, the same existing netcode issues in MW2 still exist in BO. Case in point, you're avoiding gunfire and run behind cover, several feet behind cover you'll end up getting killed. While on the killcam, you were not yet behind cover.

Bread

Banned
I think I'm gonna wait till these problems are fixed before buying, I get frustrated enough with call of duty games and a broken game will most likely mean a broken controller.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
zero margin said:
you were aiming for the head area yeah? Assuming yes but need to cover all bases.

EDIT - I saw your youtube vids earlier, shit, bad news.

Here's the problem, I naturally aim for the head...but in BO, you have to aim for the balls and I'm not even joking. Most guns violently kick up when shooting, and if you end up getting shot while on a 1 v 1, you're gun will kick even more vertically throwing your reticle completely off target. So far, the greatest gun in the game is the G11, is the most damaging and least kick of any weapon. It's essentially a faster 3 burst than the Famas in MW2, with the same damage as MW2.

Animal said:
Do I want to play this on 360, PS3 or PC? Yes my PC is a monster.

PC is unquestionably the superior version by some distance and not just in graphics. The only possible reason for choosing the console version in your case is if you want to play with particular friends.

Bread said:
I think I'm gonna wait till these problems are fixed before buying, I get frustrated enough with call of duty games and a broken game will most likely mean a broken controller.

HAHAHA have fun waiting.

Nuketown kinda reminds me of Rust. Small wide open map thats fun as hell whenever it comes around every now and then. Had some good times on Rust.

Animal

Banned
RoboPlato said:
PC unless you have a lot of friends you want to play with on one of the consoles.

brain_stew said:
PC is unquestionably the superior version by some distance and not just in graphics. The only possible reason for choosing the console version in your case is if you want to play with particular friends.

Thanks guys.

Guts Of Thor

Thorax of Odin
LeMaximilian said:
If I haven't mentioned already, the same existing netcode issues in MW2 still exist in BO. Case in point, you're avoiding gunfire and run behind cover, several feet behind cover you'll end up getting killed. While on the killcam, you were not yet behind cover.

That pretty much seals it. I don't have the patience for that shit. Playing MW2 was an exercise in frustration because of it. Guess I'll rent the game, complete single player then return it. I was going to get BO for $25 bucks but I'll save that $25 and get Goldeneye or something else.

Sucks because I was hoping they would fix this crap. Oh well...

LeMaximilian said:

I don't see how you expected a new game to change your latency. Of course they wouldn't change the netcode, it works fine if you have a good connection, if you don't your fucked, upgrade your internets.

zero margin said:
New to what exactly? Having put in over 20 days played in MW2, I know how frustrating shitty spawns and crap netcode can be. Any COD vet knows this. You new to this?

LeMaximilian said:
Here's the problem, I naturally aim for the head...but in BO, you have to aim for the balls and I'm not even joking. Most guns violently kick up when shooting, and if you end up getting shot while on a 1 v 1, you're gun will kick even more vertically throwing your reticle completely off target. So far, the greatest gun in the game is the G11, is the most damaging and least kick of any weapon. It's essentially a faster 3 burst than the Famas in MW2, with the same damage as MW2.

That is really disturbing news. Damn.

johnFkennedy said:
New to what exactly? Having put in over 20 days played in MW2, I know how frustrating shitty spawns and crap netcode can be. Any COD vet knows this. You new to this?

lol at your reverse psychology. Psst I don't pretend to be a dead ex-president.

LeMaximilian said:
Funny how my latency isn't an issue in COD4 or W@W huh?

Well obviously W@W was based on Cod4 so the netcode was likely copy/pasta'd, naturally MW2s transfers to BO. Treyarch have done a lot I didn't expect them to overhaul the netcode either.

But seriously I think you get an unfair advantage if you have better ping and latency, I switched providers due to MW2 and bumped my speed up, I don't have that shit happening anymore. Namely those stupid teleport knifes.

Haven't gotten to play yet but all the maps seem pretty darn interchangeable from all the videos i've watched thus far. Sure they have all appear to have different color schemes and themes, but the layouts seem uninspired. Haven't seen a single 3rd floor on any map in any video i've watched. All the maps seem to have the same windy paths, same medium sized buildings...some even seem to have the same large middle building right smack in the center of the map. They're all very flat too. The little hills sometimes make the map... like Wastelend.

Somethings telling me I'm gonna be missing the ridiculous variety of mw2's maps. Yes, it took me a month or 2 just to figure some of those maps out completely, but that's the fun part. Same thing happened in COD4. I'd go from "Vote this shitty map" to "It's not a bad map" to "Best map in the game."

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Oh and the party system is in similar condition to MW2 during launch. Entering games, friend missing, exit game, party disbanded for no reason. Try to get into another game, party breaks.

... It's not nearly as bad as MW2 at launch, but it's still frustrating. Was in a game where the system chose 7 different hosts before being able to play.

I'm just remembering these things as they come. If anyone has any specific questions then ask me.

Oh, and I think I've been killed by a sniper maybe twice in my whole time playing now. Assuming they're totally garbage now.

<------- is glad he doesn't give a shit about spawning problems because he doesn't play any modes where there is spawning.

Hopefully they get it fixed for you guys though.

Hyunkel6

Terrordactyl said:
Well obviously W@W was based on Cod4 so the netcode was likely copy/pasta'd, naturally MW2s transfers to BO. Treyarch have done a lot I didn't expect them to overhaul the netcode either.
Oh god. Does this mean that BO will have as many "connection interrupted" as MW2? :(

Top Bottom