• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Terrordactyl said:
But seriously I think you get an unfair advantage if you have better ping and latency, I switched providers due to MW2 and bumped my speed up, I don't have that shit happening anymore. Namely those stupid teleport knifes.

I actually ran a high speed DSL connection for my XBOX only for a long time, specifically for Street Fighter online. The other option isTime Warner, but cable internet suffers during peak hours so I stopped using it for online gaming. Both connections had the same problems with MW2, however...COD4 and W@W felt the best.

LeMaximilian said:
Oh and the party system is in similar condition to MW2 during launch. Entering games, friend missing, exit game, party disbanded for no reason. Try to get into another game, party breaks.

Fuck me, seriously? That was the most frustrating thing for me in MW2, actually probably tied with nuke boosters.

Is the UMP still in the game? If so does it handle similarly to the MW2 one?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Terrordactyl said:
Fuck me, seriously? That was the most frustrating thing for me in MW2, actually probably tied with nuke boosters.

UMP? lol, no it's not in the game.

Broadbandito said:
So a buddy and myself are looking for 2 players (360) that would be interested in doing a GB ladder team. Looking for dedicated individuals who will learn the maps with us and learn to play together.

Anyone looking to play competitively?

It's a whole different level when you are not playing with killstreak rewards and tubes

Who's getting this on PC or is it just me? I just started my Steam pre-load.

My Steam name is GWhitta, send me a friend request if you want to play.

LeMaximilian said:
Oh and the party system is in similar condition to MW2 during launch. Entering games, friend missing, exit game, party disbanded for no reason. Try to get into another game, party breaks.

...really treyarch?

Gary Whitta said:

PC as well. I will add ya. I need a mic though I guess. :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Thinking of the whole game in retrospect now. I don't think the MW2 community will go down very much after the release of BO. BO and MW2 are similar, yet at the same time...extremely different in certain regards. It fixes some of the retarded glaring problems of MW2, but has it's own fair share of issues.

Once BO is out for a month or so, I'd put money down that BO and MW2 will swap the top spots with Halo Reach on XBL until the next COD comes out.

zero margin said:
That is really disturbing news. Damn.

lol at your reverse psychology. Psst I don't pretend to be a dead ex-president.
Lol at you pretending to know what reverse psychology is. Having an ex- president as an avatar on the internets doesn't quite compare to being an asshat in real life. Cheers

Gary Whitta said:

I am adding ya.

My SteamID is monkyofdoom if anyone wants to add me.

johnFkennedy said:
Lol at you pretending to know what reverse psychology is. Having an ex- president as an avatar on the internets doesn't quite compare to being an asshat in real life. Cheers

See, again I need to correct you, I am a good person but I am an asshat towards you.

EDIT - adding you guys on steam

Gary Whitta said:

I am reading for some stompings with ya Whitta!

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Got one video that I'll upload overnight showing some HORRENDOUS spawns. I figure out where the people start popping and it doesn't seem to change, even when I'm in the spawn room. Hilarious to watch guys literally spawning right in front of me.

DRE Fei said:
Well, the video has since been removed but there clearly were some shenanigans going on. I'm hoping it was just lag though.
I think it was just lag. Generally swipes never have that kind of range, not even with Commando.

SuperAwesome said:
I purchased the game via D2D, but the download is taking ages. Are there any other places I could download it?
Wait to activate it on Steam then use Steam to DL it? The game wont unlock for 1 1/2 days so it should be done by then. Fuckin steam.

Oh and no matter where you get the game it's always a Steam game (retail, D2D, etc).

Mr Sandman said:
Wait to activate it on Steam then use Steam to DL it? The game wont unlock for 1 1/2 days so it should be done by then. Fuckin steam.

Oh and no matter where you get the game it's always a Steam game (retail, D2D, etc).

yeah, but it'll take forever to download it the moment it comes out because the steam servers will be clogged. :(

Max

I am not Max
SuperAwesome said:
yeah, but it'll take forever to download it the moment it comes out because the steam servers will be clogged. :(
Just leave the D2D download going over night, s'what I did.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
SuperAwesome said:

Take a nap, go for a run, clean the house, go to work, go to class, do homework, read a book? Lots of things to do while wating :D

Everdred

I can't decide if I want to get this on PC along side my Xbox 360 copy. All my friends will be playing this on 360 so I have to buy that version but with the PC version being $45 and superior in almost every way I kind of want to buy that too.

Hearing about lag issues doesn't bother me; there aren't likely to be enough players online before launch to guarantee good networking conditions.

Spawning issues do seriously concern me however. Assuming LeMax isn't exaggerating, it sounds worse than any previous CoD to date...

Xux

Terrordactyl said:

Not only is it absent, none of the SMGs in the game take less than five shots to kill at long range.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
How do the CoD games on PS3 compare performance-wise to X360? I am trying to migrate more towards PS3, but I have the X360 version reserved.

LeMaximilian said:
Got one video that I'll upload overnight showing some HORRENDOUS spawns. I figure out where the people start popping and it doesn't seem to change, even when I'm in the spawn room. Hilarious to watch guys literally spawning right in front of me.

Which map? From the little I've seen of it, Nuketown seems especially vulnerable to these types of shenanigans, but the other maps seemed pretty good.

DenogginizerOS said:
How do the CoD games on PS3 compare performance-wise to X360? I am trying to migrate more towards PS3, but I have the X360 version reserved.

Almost identical. The differences will be near impossible to notice without frame grab analysis.

Risette

A Good Citizen
This been posted yet?
http://callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=309378&sid=53kkklpobf3m3atvskdpvu6oe2

This is going to be my one and only statement on this topic, so pay attention.

I got Twitbombed today from dozens of people the same 2 links. Some are people using old dashboards or old versions of the game. Others are claiming victory on old dev builds that don't even connect to the version of Xbox Live that you use. Others are reproducible issues that we will hotfix or patch just like we said we would. In essence, we likely know more about it than you do from watching a video on Vimeo or YouTube.

What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either. Internet hysteria from normal people is exactly what they want and that's how many people reacted today. You gave them exactly what they want.

Given the opportunity, I'd personally wield the ban hammer for anyone who thinks he is clever by abusing any glitches. Good think I don't have the opportunity that often and we actually have a constructive, measured, and well-managed live ops team.

We said we would support the game. We are going to support it.

I've gone out of my way using my own limited, personal time to try and get to know about 8000 (and growing) as best I can. The last thing I want is for you to think that because I don't talk about it ... that we don't know or care about it. We didn't spend 2 years of our lives to toss it all in the trash in one day.

I thank all of you who sent in polite, constructive messages without the hysterics.

So here is my one and only public statement about it.

I'm not going to talk about it publicly. We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags. You better think twice before you glitch. You never know who in your game doesn't like glitchers who reports you and saves the game in their File Share and tells us about it.

Our forum admins and VIPs along with JD_2020 (Community Manager) will be managing the communication directly.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

frogg609

Just curious if anyone is getting the Prestige Edition.

Seems to be really expensive for what you get, unless the rc car is really nice.

Has anyone played with the RC car yet?

frogg609 said:
Just curious if anyone is getting the Prestige Edition.

Seems to be really expensive for what you get, unless the rc car is really nice.

Has anyone played with the RC car yet?

Someone like 15 pages back messed around with it. Said it`s a cheap piece of shit.

Top Bottom