• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

DrBo42 said:
Looks like a fun hectic map but good god, was he fighting bots? Terrible.
Yeah it does like a fun map and I thought it was obvious they were bots because no player I've ever met is that easy a target (besides myself).

BuddhaRockstar said:
The fact that this game has dedicated servers brought this game from my "aware of its existence with no desire to buy" to "pre-ordered" status. So glad they made the right choice this time.
That and I was able to get it for $45 on pc, my reasons I didnt buy MW2 was overpriced and lack of dedicated servers :lol

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
These poor new guys. I don't think they know there's a starting class that can take out air support. My K/D for the last 10 games ranges from 5 to 25, and I'm not even exaggerating. :lol Fun launch day.

Already getting used to the busted spawning. I'm now acquainted with constantly looking behind my back for a guy after killing several guys, and now it's netting me more kills at times.

Yeah I'm also glad about the dedicated servers, definitely a big mark in the plus column for the PC version - badly needed these days as consoles take over the fucking FPS genre.

I'm ready for some STRAIGHT UP BEASTIFYIN'!

DrBo42

Gary Whitta said:
Yeah I'm also glad about the dedicated servers, definitely a big mark in the plus column for the PC version - badly needed these days as consoles take over the fucking FPS genre.

I'm ready for some STRAIGHT UP BEASTIFYIN'!

You playing on Steam, Gary? I'm pretty terrible so if you want to be team Carebear, add me. Steam= drbo

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Playing through SP, and i gotta say its pretty awesome.

zaidr

jambo said:
So judging by that video CoD MP hasn't changed at all since CoD4?

Any new game types?

New to COD. Gungame, One in the Chamber, Sticks and Stones
You gamble your earned credits with each game. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention...I would have expected more videos of this than TDM tbqh...

Omg, Either I'm just really terrible of the worst of luck. I'm getting dominated online lol. Such a different style, I'm so used to BC2 and MoH, I haven't played a CoD game since the first MW.

DrBo42

Square Triangle said:
Omg, Either I'm just really terrible of the worst of luck. I'm getting dominated online lol. Such a different style, I'm so used to BC2 and MoH, I haven't played a CoD game since the first MW.
The only way I survived more than 15 seconds in MW2 was the heartbeat sensor. It's just not a game I do well in. :lol

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Gary Whitta said:
Is the style the outrageous Tom Clancy MW/MW2 type stuff, or more grounded/realistic Medal of Honor style?

Well it has JFK, Nixon & Castro fighting off zombies in the end, so....

Weenerz

Banned
Awesome so far, got to the store I used to manage at 11:50, and got to skip ahead of over 150 people to grab my PC version. Suckers!

Also, as soon as I put the disc in the tray, Windows prompted me that Valve needed to do something, and now its saying it's installing system components. Looks like I will be able to play at midnight.

zaidr said:
Fuck...I keep flip flopping. Someone just decide for me. PC or Console. Please...
At the end of the day, superior graphics + superior control + dedicated servers + the true spiritual home of the FPS game = PC, no question.

Having said that, it kinda sucks that the 360 version is considered the "sexy" one. I might pick it up too just to check it out but I did that with MW2 also and I had to toss it because as a mouse player I just can't get used to those gimped controls.

Animator

Anybody going or already at best buy at cambie in Vancouver by any chance?

I am thinking about driving there 5 min before midnight but dont wanna stay in line for hours if its crowded.

KaYotiX

Banned
Weenerz said:
Awesome so far, got to the store I used to manage at 11:50, and got to skip ahead of over 150 people to grab my PC version. Suckers!

Also, as soon as I put the disc in the tray, Windows prompted me that Valve needed to do something, and now its saying it's installing system components. Looks like I will be able to play at midnight.
Lmfao, u actually went and bought the PC game at a store instead of just preloading off steam? Who is the real sucker here?

leca

Shurs said:
It's fun to talk about reviews.

It sure is :D. Our websites video review should online in the next 30-40 mins :)

The midnight launch at my local EBgames was pretty insane last night, was good to see so many fans out to support the launch. I swear a few people must of drank a case of red bull when they got home with their game, we have spotted a few players that will surely hit prestige in the next few hours :lol

zaidr

I have a projector that I would be able to use the console version with...so that kind of sways it towards the 360 version.

The one thing that was calling me back to PC was the absense of lag that servers would bring - but watching lastpayed's videos, that kind of brings it all into question. If I'm gonna have to suffer though lag anyway, why not do it while relaxing on my couch than sitting at my PC?

KaYotiX said:
Lmfao, u actually went and bought the PC game at a store instead of just preloading off steam? Who is the real sucker here?
Well to be fair the retail copy unlocks at midnight while downloaders have to wait until 10am.

Weenerz

Banned
KaYotiX said:

Well, since I can play now while most steam members in the US have to wait another 10-12 hours, I'd say it was worth it. And since it's a Steamworks title, it'll be registered there forever. Sucker.

Max

I am not Max
Wow the achievement/unlock breakdown sound clip is really annoying in that footage :lol

Can't believe he got so many points in a bot game, looks ezpz

NinjaKixx

Banned
2.5 hours for me. Went to GS at 6:00 to get my "ticket" I am number 30. Debating on if I should go at 11:30 for the raffle they are doing. When I went I saw these Headphones for the PS3 that looked pretty cool priced at $140. Has anyone ever used them? I have a SS system but my new houses layout is not very surround sound friendly.

jambo

leca said:
The midnight launch at my local EBgames was pretty insane last night, was good to see so many fans out to support the launch. I swear a few people must of drank a case of red bull when they got home with their game, we have spotted a few players that will surely hit prestige in the next few hours :lol
Rundle Mall store?

Top Bottom