• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

KaYotiX

Banned
Weenerz said:
Well, since I can play now while most steam members in the US have to wait another 10-12 hours, I'd say it was worth it. And since it's a Steamworks title, it'll be registered there forever. Sucker.
Wierd because a few of my friends are playing it on steam now, one guy since 9 lol

Tamanon

Banned
And made it back from picking up my game. I was awash in a sea of hoodies. At least 150 people outside my Gamestop and maybe 300 outside the Best Buy. And this is a small town.

jlevel13

zaidr said:
I have a projector that I would be able to use the console version with...so that kind of sways it towards the 360 version.

The one thing that was calling me back to PC was the absense of lag that servers would bring - but watching lastpayed's videos, that kind of brings it all into question. If I'm gonna have to suffer though lag anyway, why not do it while relaxing on my couch than sitting at my PC?

Another thing about servers that is great is no more dropped games when the host quits or searching for a new host.

kuYuri

Just came back from local Best Buy midnight launch. Around 100 people or so while I was there, I ended up going earlier than planned and was about #10 in line.

Pikelet

lastplayed said:
They've got KENYA in the playercard flags but not New Zealand???? Fuck you Treyarch. :mad:

Hey man, just use the Australian flag, pretty sure most console players dont have adequate tv resolution to tell the difference :p

600 people at the Gamestop by me, so I went to Kmart and they had 75 :lol

no PC versions anywhere in town by me so I grabbed the PS3 version. I have these damn gaming coupons at KMart that I need to use so I gotta get the PC one at B&M (I'm double-dipping BTW)

edit: oh man the manual :lol

it might as well not be there.

Insaniac

How's the game guys? I took a hiatus from MW2 when all my friends gave up on it, but I'd like to get back on the CoD scene. Hopefully i can pick up a copy somewhere tomorrow

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Went to Tesco and when they brought out the stand...my God. Animals, just stormed at it.

Was one of the first!

Reading through the OP, I didn't notice any mention of the length of the SP campaign. 13 missions, but how many minutes per mission? Any ideas?

rObit

Banned
So retail PC version is working now despite Steam purchase lock? Interesting, might have to head out to Best Buy to see if they have any copies around 12:15 (darn west coast living in the past)

Weenerz

Banned
Of all the servers I've tasted thus far, the Treyarch offical server is the worst. I just lost connection to it, even with a 65ms ping.

rObit

Banned
h0pper said:
PC version is still steam locked in the US. ffs.

and you have the boxed version? thought I saw some people in the US playing it on PC.

*edit* thanks dudes, appreciate it.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
Delightful Oonsk said:
and you have the boxed version? thought I saw some people in the US playing it on PC.

yeah I have the boxed version. when I began the install it said it was not released yet and could not be activated. however, it is currently installing. I'll post back if I am wrong.

Weenerz said:
Boxed version works, I can verify that.

alright then, I'll have to wait and see. taking forever to install though...

TEH-CJ

Banned
people went to midnight launch for this game? :lol

the single player does not have one coherent mission. its all over the fucking place. horrible dated graphics ( looks like its running at sub hd res) horrible sound effects, and the set pieces try too hard to be epic but just fall flat on its ass. it runs at 60fps and the controls are ace...but those are the only redeeming qualities I can think of.

fucking rubbish.

UFRA

TEH-CJ said:

the single player does not have one coherent mission. its all over the fucking place. horrible dated graphics ( looks like its running at sub hd res) horrible sound effects, and the set pieces try too hard to be epic but just fall flat on its ass. it runs at 60fps and the controls are ace...but those are the only redeeming qualities I can think of.

fucking rubbish.

:lol

biosnake20 said:
To anyone that ordered from amazon, did yours ship yet? Mine hasnt.

Yup, it is shipped, sometimes Amazon doesn't state it when it actually has shipped, so keep an eye out for it, they probably will update in the morning or something.

Animal

Banned
WTF I think I'm in a progression block bug in SP.

Protect Reznov part. We're in the garage and he just has a protect sign over his head. Wave after wave of identical baddies keep spawning and coming after us. Been at this for 10min.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
JrBaconCheeseburger said:
i think i heard "ICE CUBE" as a voice of one of the soldiers..WTF??

Not just any soldier. He voices the entire "good guy" side in multiplayer.

"Our spy plane in the air" "Enemy chopper incoming." e.t.c.

Animator

I was gonna try the best buy midnight launch but after all these talk of hundreds of people in lines, fuck that. I will pick it up tomorrow morning instead of waiting in line for hours.

ijm72

People shouldn't worry about Amazon I think its more than likely that they will get their copies tomorrow. Your status might say shipping soon but I am guessing that it probably already shipped. I didn't get my email until 11:30 PM but when I checked the tracking details it shows that it was shipped at 6 PM. They are probably a little behind updating all the orders.

demolitio

TEH-CJ said:

fucking rubbish.
People come into threads of games that they supposedly think is rubbish?

Of course there will be people going to pick this game up as soon as possible in the official thread. What else would we talk about? :lol

I'm going to bed, and while I'm at work tomorrow, I'll have my wife pick up my pre-order.
I'll be playing as soon as I get home from work tomorrow. :lol

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
demolitio said:
People come into threads of games that they supposedly think is rubbish?

Of course there will be people going to pick this game up as soon as possible in the official thread. What else would we talk about? :lol

it's not even worth entertaining a troll like that. the series has changed very little from CoD4 yet it still sells millions and gets consistently good reviews. most gamers, like myself, love the game for what it is.

TEH-CJ said:

fucking rubbish.
Did you watch the entire game from Youtube vids / Justin.tv streams?

T'Zariah

Banned
TEH-CJ said:

fucking rubbish.
.....:lol

Erasus

TEH-CJ said:

fucking rubbish.

On a console yea. On PC it looks pretty good due to the higher resolution.

UFRA

My Amazon order shipped. I got the release-date-delivery for mine.

Going from Indiana to Wisconsin, shouldn't be too hard.

I officially hate the fact that "ICE CUBE" is the voice of the character and now i hate this game.I am playing with no sound. Why the fuck would they ruin the game like this????:lol :lol

"Contact down" WTF??? (ice cube retarded voice)

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom