• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
JrBaconCheeseburger said:
I officially hate the fact that "ICE CUBE" is the voice of the character i am playing with no sound. Why the fuck would they ruin the game like this????:lol :lol

"Contact down" WTF??? (ice cube retarded voice)

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't played yet but I've heard it in videos. It's a stupid move. Maybe make it an option to have his voice in the MP but for it to be in there all the time? It just sounds so stupid.

UFRA

Gary Whitta said:
Can't wait for the next console gen with graphics as sharp as current high-end PCs.

Yup, this thought is something that really excites me for the next consoles.

kuYuri

Badass, there's an option to make it so that the game loads into multiplayer by default for you mp only people. How nice of Treyarch.

Retailers allowing only the boxed versions to unlock at midnight and forcing Steam downloaders to wait until tomorrow really stinks of a last desperate attempt by a dying business model to stay relevant.

h0pper said:
I haven't played yet but I've heard it in videos. It's a stupid move. Maybe make it an option to have his voice in the MP but for it to be in there all the time? It just sounds so stupid.
He sounds fine, not sure what your deal is.

kdash7

Is the PC version compatible with the 360 controller???

My laptops connected to my plasma TV. I want to play it comfortably sitting on the sofa...AND at the same time with superior graphics... :D

Shnookums

Gary Whitta said:
Retailers allowing only the boxed versions to unlock at midnight and forcing Steam downloaders to wait until tomorrow really stinks of a last desperate attempt by a dying business model to stay relevant.

Considering how many they sell on consoles it surprises me that they would bother, but maybe a lot of PC people really do turn up for midnight launches? I haven't bought a PC game in a store in a few years now so I have no idea, it just seems like those sales would be negligible.

I've got a copy coming in from amazon tomorrow,but I'm thinking about going out and getting a copy right now. I can just return the amazon copy to the retailer I got a midnight launch copy from and there wouldn't be a problem, right?

Shnookums said:
Considering how many they sell on consoles it surprises me that they would bother, but maybe a lot of PC people really do turn up for midnight launches? I haven't bought a PC game in a store in a few years now so I have no idea, it just seems like those sales would be negligible.
I seriously doubt that many of those teenagers in hoodies currently camped outside GameStop are waiting to pick up the PC version.

I officially hate the fact that "ICE CUBE" is the voice of the character and now i hate this game.I am playing with no sound. Why the fuck would they ruin the game like this????:lol :lol

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

What do you have against Ice Cube?

rObit

Banned
spermatic cord said:
How come there isn't any matchmaking for the pc version? Will playing with friends be a hassle?

Shouldn't be much of an issue. When looking at servers just find one that has more open slots then the number of friends and go. Pretty simple.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Whitta said:
I seriously doubt that many of those teenagers in hoodies currently camped outside GameStop are waiting to pick up the PC version.

march down there and just shake your fist at them

Gary Whitta said:

Walk up to one from behind and startle him, if he takes more than 1 second to turn around 180 degrees he's probably not a PC gamer :D

NinjaKixx

Banned
johnFkennedy said:
I've got a copy coming in from amazon tomorrow,but I'm thinking about going out and getting a copy right now. I can just return the amazon copy to the retailer I got a midnight launch copy from and there wouldn't be a problem, right?

I dont see any problem...It's not like the game wont sell within 5 minutes of you "returning" it.

Playing TD for about 30 mins, definitely worth the 30 minute wait @ Best Buy in the cold. I'm really loving this purchase+customize system, and being able to see flat jacket dudes running around is cool and helpful.

Most people obviously are unfamiliar with the maps so it's fun to see everyone run around randomly. Games up, time to get back in this mp. Light machine guns ftw.

demolitio

Gary Whitta said:
Can't wait for the next console gen with graphics as sharp as current high-end PCs.
I've been talking about this with my buddies and I keep bringing it up almost every night. I sit there and wish for a developer to make a PC exclusive game made only for pretty damn new cards and quad cores, etc. instead of making it optimized for all sorts of hardware. I know it will never really happen since they want a lot of sales, but I sit here and think that the next generation is already here on PC yet we'll never get to see it as most games are meant for consoles.

That's pretty much why I didn't feel the need to get a 5870 or 5850 when my 4850 died and instead went with the 5770. It is nice to play most of the games on PC in 1080p and other improvements though I know it could be a lot better if the PC was the main platform for games still.

I hold out a little hope for BF3. :D

I do really enjoy the increased resolutions in COD and the higher textures. I'm just hoping Black Ops doesn't have that stutter problem for me like others have had.

demolitio said:
I've been talking about this with my buddies and I keep bringing it up almost every night. I sit there and wish for a developer to make a PC exclusive game made only for pretty damn new cards and quad cores, etc. instead of making it optimized for all sorts of hardware.
Isn't that whay Crysis was?

Also it just occured to me that even the next next-gen consoles won't be able to match PCs since HDTVs have a max resolution of 1080. I'll be beastifyin' mah Black Ops on PC at twice that resolution!

Ashes

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Isn't that whay Crysis was?

Also it just occured to me that even the next next-gen consoles won't be able to match PCs since HDTVs have a max resolution of 1080. I'll be beastifyin' mah Black Ops on PC at twice that resolution!

ultra hd? Not that I know whether ps4 or xbox 720 will reach that level or what.
It's set to launch around 2016 though.

demolitio

mandiller said:
What the hell? I thought it'd be like two or three hours. You sure? It's 5pm here on the 9th...

Ahh sad :'( No CoD tonight then.
Well here are the times from the email. Depends on the timezone.

US November 9, 2010 7am PST
UK November 9, 2010 7am GMT

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Played the first few missions of the campaign on PS3 tonight. I'm really enjoying it so far. The story is actually interesting and the voice acting has been pretty solid. I'm pretty surprised at the number of cutscenes but they've all been done well so far. The locations and gameplay have also been fairly varied so far, which is a nice surprise. I'm also liking how there's a decent amount more weight and recoil to the guns than there was in MW2. It feels like it took the best parts of WaW and combined them with the better parts of MW2. Hopefully I'll have time to finish the campaign up tomorrow and tear into the multiplayer.

Teknoman

I officially hate the fact that "ICE CUBE" is the voice of the character and now i hate this game.I am playing with no sound. Why the fuck would they ruin the game like this????:lol :lol

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing....He makes god awful movies and his voice just doesn't fit with this game.
"Too Gangsta" :lol :lol :lol

but whatever

Ice Cube, Three Kings style? Awesome. Also Next Friday was tons of laughs so nyah.

Top Bottom