• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Jb

Smokey said:
new game syndrome

wait till the masses get their hands on it and see if you feel the same way. can't wait to get mine though, just sayin
Was about to say this too. It'll be interesting to read in a year what Gaf ultimately thought of this game.

h0pper

only Fernando's ripe melons are good enough for me
played about 2.5 hours. If they fix the lag, this game will be gold. It's the same old CoD fun, but without the bullshit that came with MW2. It's pretty much the same old shooter we all loved. It's a bit more fast paced than its predecessors as well, imho.

The maps are very good. Jungle is particularly well done. However, I haven't played one yet that I dislike. Each map discourages camping as much as a map developer possibly could. There are just too many ways to get flanked, etc. Have to tip my hat to treyarch for that. If you are a fan of the series, it's a no-brainer that you should be playing this. Looks amazing on PC as well. Very, very crisp. Just hope they patch the lag.

Mileena

Banned
Kyoufu said:
In what ways? Please elaborate, because I'm hoping it does too.
Maps are on par with CoD4 if not better and the new create a class/unlock system is great. I'm just having a blast so far.

Weenerz

Banned
I agree, the maps are a major upgrade from MW2. Do they plan on releasing the SDK so the PC community can have their own maps?

NinjaKixx

Banned
Havnt read this thread since I picked the game up but so far does anyone else feel that the amount of recoil added to the amount of shots required to kill makes it kind of frustrating? So far I'm wishing stopping power was still in.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
AnEternalEnigma said:
Good to see host migration is still broken.

Playing Domination @ Villa and the game just shit itself. Wonderful.

so this game shits on MW2 and shits on itself? This game just doesn't stop shitting.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
AnEternalEnigma said:
Good to see host migration is still broken.

Playing Domination @ Villa and the game just shit itself. Wonderful.

It's not that bad, 2/3 worked for me fine.

Alot of times, people don't know how to configure their routers and that what causes host to drop out and what not.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Seems to be almost impossible to join a game with a party lrger than 4.

Wager game types are particularly hard to get into with any amount of party.

Sorta surprised by IGN's score. Still a solid score, but surprised nonetheless.

Can't wait to pick up the game tomorrow. Anyone know if TRU carries the Hardened edition? I checked online, and they only list the regular edition.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
corkscrewblow said:
Maps are on par with CoD4 if not better and the new create a class/unlock system is great. I'm just having a blast so far.

Thanks for the impressions. I am eagerly awaiting steam to unlock it here in the US. Dang. When will it be unlocked for us again?

Still playing mp but can't help wondering...Does anyone else find the graphics a little bland and ugly? I feel like MW2 looked so much better than this.

Anyone find the ps3 version very light, in the settings the top bar was visable at all times even when the dial was all the way down. If anyones up for some today on ps3 i should be on most of the day in the uk MadMackemUK.

First mission in more wtf moments than all of mw2 sp.:lol

supermackem said:
Anyone find the ps3 version very light, in the settings the top bar was visable at all times even when the dial was all the way down. If anyones up for some today on ps3 i should be on most of the day in the uk MadMackemUK.

Same experience with the light.

jonnybryce said:
Same experience with the light.

Glad im not alone, not fucking with my tv settings i have them nailed for most every other game so not fucking with them just live with it being a bit light.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Played the 360 version. Sound is much improved.That is all I have to add :lol

O and Dead Ops is awesome, and you can fucking play Zork :eek:

ScrubJay

I can't be arsed to go to midnight launches so I'll get in late on this, as in tomorrow night after my night class. I'm going with SMG's all the way to change my playstyle. I'm oddly more excited for this than any other game this year, and I've never touched a Call of Duty game until six months ago.

Mileena

Banned
Somnium986 said:
How's the recoil on it? Using any attachments on it like the grip?
Recoil is barely there with the grip, without it's got a decent amount of recoil for medium/long range. I'm gonna play a couple more games with the grip but I think I prefer the silencer on it.

Mush

WTF? Treyarch didn't include the New Zealand flag in the Playercard selection? But they included Ethiopia? A fucking outrage that is! :(

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
What do you guys think about the maps so far? Better than MW2?

Not at all. They're dull and lack character. On top of that, they don't have great flow of traffic. It's mostly "huge map with tons of rooms and everywhere connects to everywhere!" which is frustrating because no matter where you are you can get shot from 360 degrees (and you will). It's also a bit difficult to understand where you are as everything looks the same and there rarely seems to be a clear layout or method to the madness.

I've never gotten killed so much running on a map by people all over the fucking place hiding in some bullshit window or behind some rocks. I don't think these maps are very balanced or thought out. I've been having fun online but for all the hype, promise and previews I still think IW's got it.

Eliciel

GT 9.3

with Story 7.7

I could never say: Yeah no it isn't a7.3 neither 7.5 nor a 7.3 it is a 7.7. But it just can't be a 7.8 or 7.9.

:lol

Biff

Spawn issues aside (and there are serious issues now)..

Anyone experiencing awful lag? I know it's launch night but still. Kinda ridiculous.

Either that or the host advantage has now become a host disadvantage. I'm being stuck constantly hosting games because of my (good) connection every. single. time.

Guys are getting a half second head start based on their killcam feed. Game breaking disadvantage right now.... :(

Top Bottom