• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
There were framerate drops early on in the SP on PS3 when things got hectic. But it was OK for the most part.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hello,

I'm sorry the Call of Duty Playstation Platform wasn't what you intended to order. You'll need to return the unwanted item for a refund and then place a new order.

Since you're not able to print the label to return your Call of Duty video game, we'll have a label sent to you.

We'll have a UPS label dropped off within the next week at this address:
xxxxx
Amazon always comes through.

PS3 frame rate is not solid. It has the same effect as turning LOD too high on PC, or just having the settings be a little too high where it kind of stutters all the time. I took video of a bot match and some running around an empty room on that Jungle map.

LOD is already aggressive as hell, anything slightly further away just starts looking like low poly muddy blobs.

On jungle, frame rate doesn't seem to hit 60 often at all. I think it is sub 30 at times, but it's hard to tell since it's inconsistent. It definitely does not have the high fps smoothness though most of the time, that's for sure. You can tell when you reach >40fpsish because it all just smooths out (I estimate 40fps because that's usually when I start noticing the effect on PC...or more accurately when I stop noticing the smoothness :p)

I'll try to post up the clips on youtube, I guess I'll find out of processing the vid down to 30fps makes the effect less noticeable or anything.

I'm sort of undecided whether I think this is a huge deal or not. The gunplay doesn't feel impacted, and I don't play COD for the graphics really anyway. It's damn irritating though. Don't know if it is disappointing yet...

jiien

Aigis said:
Amazon always comes through.

Yeah, same exact thing happened to me. And so I called, and got the same exact response. So not only will I pay more for it than I paid before, but I have to pay for shipping if I want to come any time soon. God fucking damnit.

Smokey

why is this game denying me the ability to play free for all. keeps saying looking for 3 more players...yet i go to team deathmatch and it gets matched up fairly quickly.

there's 300,000+ ppl in theFFA list so i don't think that's the issue!

JB1981

Wow ... sorry if this sounds like hyperbole but the PS3 version looks like TOTAL ASS. The framerate is als not good. MW2 looks and plays like a dream compared to this ...I mean, the graphics are completely unacceptable .. big downgrade form MW2 ... you can tell immediately that these guys are the B-team .. at least on a graphical level on PS3 ...

quote my tag, call me out .. don't give a fuck .. game is ugly as sin on ps3.

-viper-

Banned
so the PS3 version is terrible? what the fuck? in this day and age, this shit should be completely unacceptable - especially since MW2 was fault free in the framerate department.

God I hate Jungle map and Nuketown is just a pain in the ass!

Im sad about the sniper thing, I kept killign myself by running around and getting jumped by someone, trying to shoot and forgetting the 3second thing :S

All the wager matches are fun as hell though, the cycling weapons one (pistol up to rocket launcher one) is awesome :lol shame only 1 mate has bought it as most are broke or seem to have got the idea in there head that its "shit"

gogogow

-viper- said:
so the PS3 version is terrible? what the fuck? in this day and age, this shit should be completely unacceptable - especially since MW2 was fault free in the framerate department.
Not exactly fault free, but was in the acceptable range, some framerate drops and some textures were lower res, but all in all a pretty damn good port. BLOPS on the other hand, some very out of place lowres textures, lots if not all particle effects are lowres, problems with shadows, too bright/missing/lowres shadows and running at 540p ............... :(

eek5

I am enjoying everybody running spy plane. Going to really miss it when people start unlocking other kill streaks. :(

JB1981 said:
Wow ... sorry if this sounds like hyperbole but the PS3 version looks like TOTAL ASS. The framerate is als not good. MW2 looks and plays like a dream compared to this ...I mean, the graphics are completely unacceptable .. big downgrade form MW2 ... you can tell immediately that these guys are the B-team .. at least on a graphical level on PS3 ...

quote my tag, call me out .. don't give a fuck .. game is ugly as sin on ps3.
I've never bought a Treyarch game before because just about everything they've worked outside of Spider-Man has just been riding on the coattails of Infinity Ward's success. But anyway, the videos for this game seemed to show a nice step up from the disappointment that was MW2, so I decided to finally give Treyarch a shot.
For the most part, the MP is satisfying and I'm enjoying it more than MW2... but on a technical level, Treyarch fucking sucks. The framerate isn't AWFUL but I really don't get why it's averaging in the low 50's. While I don't agree that it's "ugly as sin", the lower resolution DOES makes everything look much more washed out than it should. Then, there's the matter of AI in singleplayer and the fact that it seems they've done nothing to correct the faults of CoD's long-standing singleplayer issues (cheap deaths, awful checkpoints, etc.). And then there's the MP issues with Host lag (what the fuck - seriously??) and whatnot. They seem to be fairly incompetent on a technical level.

I3rand0

gogogow said:
Not exactly fault free, but was in the acceptable range, some framerate drops and some textures were lower res, but all in all a pretty damn good port. BLOPS on the other hand, some very out of place lowres textures, lots if not all particle effects are lowres, problems with shadows, too bright/missing/lowres shadows and running at 540p ............... :(

540p on both consoles or just ps3?

Cruzader

Banned
Cant wait to get this later on.

Anyhow anyone who got the PS3 Harden Edition and wont use Playstation Home...please hook me up with the avatar clothes/outfit mang!!!!!!

If its 2 codes that is. Not sure its one code for both the DLC maps and the avatar stuff. Please GAF? :D Just PM!!!!!!

jiien

Tokubetsu said:
6 angry ass emails and a phone call later, Best amazon could do is give me a $15 dollar giftcard.

I didn't even bother. After being told that I could just return the item, and rebuy it, which basically meant they weren't going to do jack for me, I said fuck it and went and bought the PS3 version. I'm paying 15 dollars more this time around, to get it a day later, but I'm too tired as fuck from work to give a shit about it anymore. I'll just give this extra copy I have lying around now to a friend or something.

Besides, if I return this copy to Amazon, don't I lose my preorder bonus? A fake twenty dollars might be worth giving this to a friend.

Also, when rebuying the PS3 version just now, it looked like the preorder bonus of twenty fake dollars still applied? I guess we'll see.

robot

The arcade zombie game is actually pretty cool - anyone else try it out? Apparently Zork 1 is hidden in there too?

Xux

Cruzader said:
Cant wait to get this later on.

Anyhow anyone who got the PS3 Harden Edition and wont use Playstation Home...please hook me up with the avatar clothes/outfit mang!!!!!!

If its 2 codes that is. Not sure its one code for both the DLC maps and the avatar stuff. Please GAF? :D Just PM!!!!!!

It's two. I'll give you mine if someone hasn't contacted you yet.

HomShaBom

Banned
from sa:
2nqboxy.png

Amazon just shipped my copy... I guess I'll have it at some point next week? Garh.

Is the PS3 version (that's what I ordered) really that bad, or are you guys just severely alarmist?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Jumping and going prone really should mess up your accuracy, too easy to just jump around and spray and someone for a kill.

I don't think I'm using Amazon for new stuff anymore. Last month my Medal of honor got lost or something and I had to wait all week for them to replace it and now Call of Duty didn't show up today. Also the Sly Cooper I had preordered since July is out of stock and I'd probably get it within 2 weeks...wth man.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Is there some secret to the TDM leaderboard? Everyone seems to have about 10x more kills and deaths than they should. I have 15k kills apparently.. which seems unlikely.

Zero Hero

I was leaning on getting this on Steam, but then I read some people's issues with the MP and it make me want to get it on 360. My poor PS3. It's not even considered. :lol

I skipped WAW, so what are the difference going to be between this and MW2 online?

Animal

Banned
After a couple of hours on SP I have to say I'm impressed. Game looks great on 360 with no slowdowns so far. This is my first CoD game though.

-viper- said:
no, but online (ONLINE) it has some framerate issues and it looks rough. It's still playable, but they should fix it.
SP is fine imo.

Has anyone else finished the campaign? I thought it was cool that I already knew about number stations before I played the game because I read about them on GAF.

Chakan

Took a pic of the game here on my PC. X2 6000+, 4GB 800mhz, 9600GT 512MB 256bits, win 7 x64.

Looks pretty at 1080P with AA and AF at 4x. Gotta look forward if the game will keep running this smooth when the screen is full of crap.

codblackops.png

Ha ha ha holy shit at the PC performance. I got to read about it at work all day, but holy shit. This and FFXIV are trying hard to fucking let no one play them. This is probably a worse situation because people actually buy this game.

R2D4

Banned
Is it just me or does this game look just like World at War. Why do Treyarch games look a little off compared to COD4 and MW2? Same engine. Shouldn't look the same. It's just not as sharp as MW2.

Top Bottom