• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Nelo Ice

Banned
aku:jiki said:
One more initial complaint, then I'm gonna go back and have some fun with Gun Game. :D

Who came up with the idea that everyone should start the game with nothing but smokes and nothing but Lightweight on all classes? Every match has 50 smokescreens and everyone's a supersoldier on crack flying around at light speed... And GAF thought it was bad in MW2 when 1-2 guys per match had Lightweight? Try everybody having Lightweight! :lol no wait... :( :(

I don't think you really got my point there.

thats why i said ffa

you'll either get a smaller map or theres only 8 players so its easy to run around and blast ppl with a shotty

u dont have to play on a shotgun friendly map to get that contract done :lol

DrBo42

Reznor said:
I think it turned out damn good. Treyarch, job well done.
Not saying the game doesn't have potential or ragging on it really. Since I have the PC version, I can't really experience multiplayer to its full potential due to some major netcode issues. I can imagine it's fun on the 360 though.

DrBo42 said:
Talked to some testers and apparently the game was a broken mess throughout development and Treyarch were adding things to the very end of the process. 360 was main sku and everything else got a sloppy port. Local testers didn't even go over the campaign, that was handled by testers in Canada. :lol
WOW.

GlamFM

Banned
Yes - not all of the time, but when it comes up it really sets the mood.
And it´s by far better than the generic crap Hans Zimmer did for MW2 - in my opinion that is..

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
TheExodu5 said:
Another blow to PC gamers: the FOV slider does not work.

MAX FOV:

maxfov.jpg

MIN FOV:

minfov.jpg

The slider just moves the gun. :lol

:lol

PatzCU

I was holding off on buying this until I heard about the balance in MP. As a person who cannot stand commando and noob tubing in MW2, is Black Ops a good option? I usually turn MW2 within 10 minutes of firing it up due to knife runners. I'm hoping Black Ops is balanced because there really aren't any new, good competitive FPS options out on the 360 right now (this sentence is not a shot at Halo).

Played about 6 hours of MTDM, Domination, and Demolition and I really, really like it (XBox 360 version)! I will say that while I have had a few bad spawn, perhaps its just luck of the draw but I really have no beef with it at all. The graphics are good, I experienced no lag or slowdown or shenanigans. We'll see what the next week brings once everyone gets used to the maps and unlocks more things, but for me, so far so good! Will lose the next few months of my life into this game! :D

DrBo42

PatzCU said:
I was holding off on buying this until I heard about the balance in MP. As a person who cannot stand commando and noob tubing in MW2, is Black Ops a good option? I usually turn MW2 within 10 minutes of firing it up due to knife runners. I'm hoping Black Ops is balanced because there really aren't any new, good competitive FPS options out on the 360 right now (this sentence is not a shot at Halo).

From the little I could play on PC, it seems the emphasis is less on bullshit and more on actual gunplay. I was far less frustrated playing it than my entire time with MW2.

PatzCU said:

Yep. So far it's super balanced and there's no real cheap exploit annoyance, at least yet. I guess RCs are annoying and popular, but no real nonsense.

Nabs

gamepad controls are perfect in the PC version. on screen prompts are copied over from the 360 version.

Animator

PatzCU said:

The answer is a big YES.

It is nothing like mw2, they fixed all the bullshit from mw2. I have been playing since 9 am and havent got mad to the game once. When you get killed it is because you deserved to die not because of some cheap shit broken build advantage.

DaFish

Nabs said:
gamepad controls are perfect in the PC version. on screen prompts are copied over from the 360 version.
Played some Multi on my Bro's PC while I'm waiting on my PC parts... that Jungle map is damn good looking, can't wait!

DoomGyver

sw33tclyde said:
I fucking hate the flinching in this game, dying so much because of it.
Hardened Pro is your friend. I unlocked it last night and it has helped me greatly.

Although I find it insulting that I have to use 3,000 CP in order to upgrade to the pro version of a perk even though I had to do the challenges to get there.

Nabs

DaFish said:
Played some Multi on my Bro's PC while I'm waiting on my PC parts... that Jungle map is damn good looking, can't wait!

are you getting them in soon? can't wait to get some games in.

UFRA

Well, I got platinum trophies on both WAW and MW2, but I'm not sure I'll go for platinum with this game.

Again they have infinitely respawning enemies at some parts, and I can already see like 5-6 areas in the campaign that will be such a pain in the ass on veteran. Just about to finish the game on Regular.

ZROCOOL

aka II VerTigo II
Full Recovery said:
Hardened Pro is your friend. I unlocked it last night and it has helped me greatly.

Although I find it insulting that I have to use 3,000 CP in order to upgrade to the pro version of a perk even though I had to do the challenges to get there.
Yeah that's another thing I hated, spending my hard earned cp on pro version perks. :/

Mully

My game has yet to be delivered to me. The game was put inside the truck at 7:11AM, it's now 8:18 and the delivery center is literally 5 minutes from my house. WTF.

Animator

Unless you guys are terrible players you earn like 900-1800 cp per match easily, it doesn't take long to buy whatever you want to buy.

kamspy

That FOV thing probably just saved me $60. Maybe I'll hear about a patch before I dump the money on another game. 360 version on the way from Gamefly. PC version....dunno yet. Need more anecdotal impressions. FOV thing is very very very bad. I'm very OCD about that. I refuse to play the newest Brothers in Arms because it's so bad in that game.

demolitio

So they give us dedicated servers since they care about the PC crowd, but then they give us performance issues and bugs, very few wager match servers, and a broken FOV among others.

This is sad. I can't even play the SP because I'll get around 28 FPS no matter what settings I'm on even after doing the known "fixes". So that first mission will be waiting for me for a while I guess.

A few of my friends don't have any of the performance problems which makes me jealous.

Belfast

Despite what they've said, I'm noticing a lot of the cheese in MP still happening. I guess it's not *as* bad, but it still happens. Knife teleports, the discrepancies between what happens on your screen and what happens in the killcam and so on. It's kind of turning me off.

Spy Planes up the ass and kills seem to be even faster, too.

MarshMellow96 said:
How much on average do you earn per match? It's not a Reach-style grind is it?

It's not at all like that. If I see something I want I can usually get enough for it in 5-6 games. Contracts move it along as well.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
PatzCU said:
Honestly it's hard to say and your best bet would be to play a friends copy. Tubes are less of a problem, and can be stopped with the Flak Jacket, but it's still early and it's possible something else just as annoying could be found.

G-Fex

I got the PS3 version. OH MY GOD THE LAG WAS UNBEARABLE IT WAS TERRIBLE, easily worse than any other game, worse than killzone. AWFUL, AVOIDDDD.

Then we migrated to a new host and it was all cool.

I even got a care package and chopper gunner, easily the coolest killstreak ever.

Flamethrower attachment, freaking awesome.

Wow. Major connection issues here.

I'm in a party of 6 and we can't get into ANYTHING. We've literally been sitting here for 20 minutes trying to get into a game.

What garbage.

yoopoo

Banned
Visuals are unimpressive, extremely blurry. Weapon and grenade sounds are tiny and toy like. Overall it doesn't have the polish of MW2, only thing good I can say is there don't seem to be any cheap deaths.

I really like Nuketown. I'm sorry, I said it!

Y2Kev said:
retire this engine plz

Yeah, I honestly don't think I'd buy another COD with this engine. I'm having fun but it really has run it's course. All these games feel the same (at least online). Time for change.

DrBo42

yoopoo said:
Visuals are unimpressive, extremely blurry. Weapon and grenade sounds are tiny and toy like. Overall it doesn't have the polish of MW2, only thing good I can say is there don't seem to be any cheap deaths.
What platform?

G-Fex

My PS3 made a bunch of noises during play with bots but it stopped once I went online and then the fans just blasted on that's all. Does that all the time when I play MAG.

Top Bottom