• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black

Is there a stats screen like in MW2? I love seeing how much time I spent in each game mode. Is there something like that in the game or online somewhere?

Mully said:
Of course it is UPS' fault. The delivery center is 5 minutes from my house. However, Amazon advertised a release day delivery. I paid for the service, and I did not get what I paid for. The delivery process didn't start until 6PM last night. I don't know the delivery business all too well, but that is too damn close to call to when the expected delivery should be.

The truck driver probably lost the package in with everything else in the back. Since you paid for RDD, contact Amazon and they'll probably be gracious enough to refund you the amount even though it isn't their goof.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
The knife lunging distance is noticeably larger than CoD4.

I still get those moments where I'm unloading bullets into a guy and he magically teleport knifes me.

Such fucking bullshit.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Also why does the auto aim track a player so strongly behind a wall?

This happened in CoD3 also. Fucking Treyarch.

So is there online stat tracking with this game? I was told that Treyarch was putting it in, but I don't see it on the official Call of Duty website anywhere, so I'm guessing I've been lied to.

Some of the maps do feel a little big. It's hard for me to get kills!

Than I see some guys getting 20 kills!

Maybe I'm just not doing it right! :lol

No but some of the maps are a bit large. I'm spending more than half my time looking for the opponents.

Anyone feel this way or do I just suck. :(

Gaogaogao

I have the problem in the pc version where it alternates between connecting and fetching stats, before coming to an error message before I can even play a single game...

IceMarker

Okay so after playing Veteran difficulty all day, after a BRUTAL 9 hours, I have beaten Black Ops.

The campaign was AMAZING. In fact I regret playing on Veteran now just because I couldn't mess around as much in the field as I wanted too. The story itself was a bit compelling and much better than the MW1 and MW2 story. Hell, I even teared up at the very end right before the credits roll where Mason, technically, explains the literal meaning behind the numbers. All in all this was the most fantastic campaign in a CoD I've played to date. Although I can't recommend playing on Veteran like I did unless you want a damn hard challenge/are an achievement whore.
Also it's pretty cool that you get to see Pvt. Petrenko and Resnov from World at War play a good role in the story.

Hell, I haven't even touched Zombies and Multiplayer yet! THIS GAME WAS SO WORTH THE $45. :D

Hellion

Y2Kev said:
I think the game's on easy mode. The second mission with the shotgun is like...just aim anywhere and you'll kill everything.

Good. Then it wasn't just me thinking this...

Also lol at Castro's VA its so bad.

yoopoo

Banned
Pretty sure I won't be playing this game after one year, like I did with MW2.

Just don't look or sound good as MW2. And whats with the maps...why are many of them jungle based?

Shurs

Matchmaking has been pretty frustrating tonight. A lot of waiting, not so many games. Tons of "Game Lobby Closed" notices. I have no idea what's going on as there have to be millions of people playing. Why is it near impossible for me to get into a Ground War match. I want to throw my controller across the room.

360 version.

T'Zariah

Banned
Please tell me I'm not the only one who questions the United States' "history" when playing this game? Shit REALLY makes you think. Just what the HELL went down during the Cold War.

teekun

codswallop said:
I'm in Australia, so not really. :lol

I'm really concerned about how it handles hosting for people playing in Australia. I'm not going to buy another CoD game that consistantly shoves me into matches hosted by Americans or Europeans after 10 minutes of waiting to find a game. Ugh.

There is no way they didn't know about these PC performance issues. There is a 70 page thread on the steam forums where people with nearly every computer setup imaginable are all getting terrible fps. They snuck this out the door, embargoed the reviews, and now a lot of us are stuck with an unplayable turd with no official word on what's wrong or when it's going to be fixed.

fuck still cant install teh game off steam due to servers being too busy. Tried changing severs and re-installing steam.

what a clusterfuck of a pc launch

X26

Banned
NightBlade88 said:
Please tell me I'm not the only one who questions the United States' "history" when playing this game? Shit REALLY makes you think. Just what the HELL went down during the Cold War.

I'm wondering if the pentagon actually looks like that, I liked that part of the game

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
blurredvision said:
So is there online stat tracking with this game? I was told that Treyarch was putting it in, but I don't see it on the official Call of Duty website anywhere, so I'm guessing I've been lied to.

Wondering the same thing :lol

-Maps are oversized
-Severe connection issues(players dropping out of games like crazy)
-Lacks the "feel" and responsiveness of Halo Reach

Another flaming turd churned out by Treyarch.

TheStringTheory said:
-Maps are oversized
-Lacks the "feel" of MW2

Ah, you thought MW2 and Singularity were good. Good to know.

X26

Banned
TheStringTheory said:
-Maps are oversized
-Lacks the "feel" of MW2

- no real general concensus here, many think the opposite is true

- aside from 360, yep, it's a joke

- yea I miss games constantly having harriers, pavelows, chopper gunners, and nukes called in. This new "fun" feeling ain't for me

MMaRsu

Shurs said:
Matchmaking has been pretty frustrating tonight. A lot of waiting, not so many games. Tons of "Game Lobby Closed" notices. I have no idea what's going on as there have to be millions of people playing. Why is it near impossible for me to get into a Ground War match. I want to throw my controller across the room.

360 version.

Developers never learn man. Shitty launch MP is in any big game really..they know they have millions of people going online within the first days yet can't get their shit straight.

X26 said:
- no real general concensus here, many think the opposite is true

- aside from 360, yep, it's a joke

- yea I miss games constantly having harriers, pavelows, chopper gunners, and nukes called in. This new "fun" feeling ain't for me
Check my edit, man.

OMGLOL A LLAMA

Neo Member
I have a bug on the Vorkuta mission, when on Step 6 I think, when Rezzy says clear a path, and you go to open the bigass door, whilst in walkthroughs I see Reznov walk to the door, in my game he just stands in the garage, anyone know how to fix this? I've already restarted the mission once D:

i agree that the maps are too big and so many campers :lol smh

was that thing about the avatar codes true? someone said some had DJ hero track dlc or something :lol
looking at ebay right now, the avatar and zombie map pack code go for $30-40 :O

how is the W@W zombie maps in black ops, are the black ops weapons in it or is it the exact same as zombies in W@W

X26

Banned
TheStringTheory said:
Check my edit, man.

one of reach's problems is that it tries to be a little like a cod type of game with bloom and armor ailities (perks) and that really doesn't suit the game. Two completely different approaches, they shouldn't play all that similar to each other

Cool, I am trying to play some MP now and I keep getting a Call of Duty: Black Ops server is not available message on 360, I don't know if it is happening for a lot of people or it's because for some reason today, my internet connection is being completely garbage.

Edit: and now it is working. :/

Class_A_Ninja said:
I have tomorrow off and I wanted to get into this game. I'm considering just buying it for Xbox 360, and trading it in for the huge amount of credit it will still be worth after a fair amount of time with it.

It seeming to some that the PC problems might run pretty deep, in a manner similar to GTA 4.
Overall, if I go and buy the xbox version, I see how this is no different than when I bought MW 1, traded in after a month, and eventually ended up getting into the PC version months down the line.

Not at all. There's a bunch of people with fantastic performance, that was never the case with GTA4. Its a bug and a major one at that, and it shouldn't have shipped in this state but its definitely something that can be fixed. Just depends on how long it takes.

TheStringTheory said:
:lol What's so funny about it ?

Don't you know? It's been cool to hate on MW2 for months now, especially since Treyarch is here to save us from MW2's bullshit. RC cars with C4 strapped to them? Now that is Call of Duty! Dick emblems? Hell yes! Weapons that feel like pellet guns. Fuck yes. Without using hyperbole, MW2 was the shittiest game of all time. Me and other haters can say so with absolute certainty, considering many of us spent hundreds of hours playing it.

What a piece of shit.

Top Bottom