• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: MW3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

aristotle

Okay, so I have no idea how this Elite stuff works. I didn't pay for it nor have I ever looked at it. What's this GAF clan I am reading about? How would I join?

Just let us know what system you have and we can add you to the list :)

Elite is free. The paid version has some extras and you get all of the DLC for MW3 to keep. If you join Elite before the end of the month, you also get founder status, which is just a title and you get in on the ground floor of Elite. Joining one of the clans let's have a good groups of people to play with and there is usually someone online from GAF so you can team up.

Once Elite gets going in full swing, they'll be having contests and other things going on for clans.

Touch

Just let us know what system you have and we can add you to the list :)

Elite is free. The paid version has some extras and you get all of the DLC for MW3 to keep. If you join Elite before the end of the month, you also get founder status, which is just a title and you get in on the ground floor of Elite. Joining one of the clans let's have a good groups of people to play with and there is usually someone online from GAF so you can team up.

Once Elite gets going in full swing, they'll be having contests and other things going on for clans.
That sounds awesome. I'm on Xbox tag is Touch Miley. Do I need to sign in on the cod website or something to activate or anything like that?

EDIT: Do I need to make an Elite account (stupid question?)? Or do I already have one... how would I find that out? I'm lost looking at this site.

aristotle

That sounds awesome. I'm on Xbox tag is Touch Miley. Do I need to sign in on the cod website or something to activate or anything like that?

EDIT: Do I need to make an Elite account (stupid question?)? Or do I already have one... how would I find that out? I'm lost looking at this site.

Go to elite.callofduty.com

You do need to create an account. I'll add you to the 360 list. The Xtortionist is the clan leader there and he'll be the one to send you an invite :)

Touch

Go to elite.callofduty.com

You do need to create an account. I'll add you to the 360 list. The Xtortionist is the clan leader there and he'll be the one to send you an invite :)
Okay, cool. I just made an account and linked my gamertag. Thanks for the walk through. Looking forward to playing with GAFers. :D I didn't make a community name, do I need one?

It said I got double xp!?

aristotle

Okay, cool. I just made an account and linked my gamertag. Thanks for the walk through. Looking forward to playing with GAFers. :D I didn't make a community name, do I need one?

It said I got double xp!?

Yeah you should get like 2 hours of double xp for join. Make sure you download the xbox live app. I think it's on the marketplace.

You shouldn't have to create a community name. One thing you can do is go to the first post in this topic, add the group for 360 there and send a message to MASS Xtortion and MW3 NeoGAF so you can be invited to the clan faster.

X-Frame

Me too. I get spammed with messages...

I've been getting a lot of people who claim I am a hacker.

I've STILL not seen another gold tag though besides mine. All I see are hoards of idiots using the xbox buttons. Don't they realize their names show up so obvious when enemies look at them?

Xater

Can I get another invite to the PS3 clan? I see that now people were able to join and I would like to do that as well. :)

Omiee

can i get an invite to the ps3 clan?

my psn is OmieeZF-LIVE

i finally have a ps3 again, would love to play online with some gaffers.
i have a headset.

aristotle

I got the invite, but when i click accept it goes to a 404 page =/

People have been having issues accepting the invites. I guess it's a bug, but keep trying. I'll send you another invite.

Does the PS3 clan have a clan tag? I ask because I chose to use it and nothing shows up.

Not yet. Once we level up the clan more, there will be an official tag in that section. It should be soon (hopefully). For now everyone just uses GAF.

can i get an invite to the ps3 clan?

my psn is OmieeZF-LIVE

i finally have a ps3 again, would love to play online with some gaffers.
i have a headset.

I'll send you an invite and added you to the list. :)

We'll be playing tonight around 8pm central.

Sweet, joining the clan finally worked!

Glad it worked!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Pretty sure I've got Xtirotionist on my XBL friends list, and I did post a comment on the Elite GAF clan page. Don't think I'm in just yet through.

Xbox Live Gamertag is t0mat03. I'm pretty much just looking for people to play with every now and then since I don't play seriously, and Im jumping between different games right now.

-Mikey-

Sent Xtortion a message on live to get in the clan.

Tag: CanyonBehindHer

Do you guys play together often or play against other clans? (Not sure if they have that feature)

Pretty sure I've got Xtirotionist on my XBL friends list, and I did post a comment on the Elite GAF clan page. Don't think I'm in just yet through.

Xbox Live Gamertag is t0mat03. I'm pretty much just looking for people to play with every now and then since I don't play seriously, and Im jumping between different games right now.

Tried to invite you.

DukeSucks

I'd like an invite to the ps3 clan too. Played with a few of you guys a little tonight, had fun even though I was near the bottom most games.

PSN - LOLduke

aristotle

Sent Xtortion a message on live to get in the clan.

Tag: CanyonBehindHer

Do you guys play together often or play against other clans? (Not sure if they have that feature)

Added you to the list.

I'd like an invite to the ps3 clan too. Played with a few of you guys a little tonight, had fun even though I was near the bottom most games.

PSN - LOLduke

Oh so that was you! ;)

Added you and sent an invite. Let me know if it works or not. Hopefully the next games we play won't be so racist. LOL
We weren't the ones being racist and that's all I'll say about that.

DukeSucks

Added you to the list.

Oh so that was you! ;)

Added you and sent an invite. Let me know if it works or not. Hopefully the next games we play won't be so racist. LOL
We weren't the ones being racist and that's all I'll say about that.

thanks, accepted on the website. Do I have to do anything on the ps3? Haven't turned it back on yet.

You guys were mentioning something about the "believe" title is for the clan, but the chat kept cutting in and out some. What do I do to get that?

Keikaku

Can I get added to the PC list? I am Keikaku on Steam.

Do I just add the members on the list on the OP to my Steam friends list?

aristotle

thanks, accepted on the website. Do I have to do anything on the ps3? Haven't turned it back on yet.

You guys were mentioning something about the "believe" title is for the clan, but the chat kept cutting in and out some. What do I do to get that?

Nah you don't have to do anything on the PS3 itself. Once your account syncs on Elite to your PS3 profile (in the background), go to your Callsign in CoD. There should be two new options that pop up (Elite Clan Title & Elite Clan Tag). We don't have the tag portion yet, but hopefully soon.

Can I get added to the PC list? I am Keikaku on Steam.

Do I just add the members on the list on the OP to my Steam friends list?

Added :). Yep I would add them to your list. let them know you're from GAF too.

Eugh PS3 invite still not working, still saying page not found :(

Yeah Elite is still FUBAR. I was getting 404 trying to go to the clan page last night.

Ocho

Hello gentlemen.

I finally bought MW3 for the 360. Already sent a friend request to MW3 Neogaf to join the fun, added the group on elite, and I guess I need to send a message to Xtortionist, but since he's around, I'll stick to this post.

Anything else I need to do to join me gaf brothers?

Gamertag: ochob1t

Bollocks

I got accepted to the PS3 clan but why doesn't it show the clan tag in the game?
Apparently I can set the tag to anything when I bring it up?! What's the purpose of that?
I can see the clan members just fine on the elite site and also when I bring friends up in the menu, is it working properly?

Hello gentlemen.

I finally bought MW3 for the 360. Already sent a friend request to MW3 Neogaf to join the fun, added the group on elite, and I guess I need to send a message to Xtortionist, but since he's around, I'll stick to this post.

Anything else I need to do to join me gaf brothers?

Gamertag: ochob1t

invited you

aristotle

I got accepted to the PS3 clan but why doesn't it show the clan tag in the game?
Apparently I can set the tag to anything when I bring it up?! What's the purpose of that?
I can see the clan members just fine on the elite site and also when I bring friends up in the menu, is it working properly?

Our problem right now is people who said they wanted to be in the clan and not accepting the invite. I guess that's my plan for the week: annoy people until they accept (jk). Seriously though, log on and accept people!

Until those people with founders XP accept their invites, we can't level up the clan. Once we level it up more, our clan tag will show up in game.

kn1ves24

Elite still seems extremely flaky for me (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't). Anyways I was wondering what the point of the clans even are in elite? Like are there going to be contests or matches we compete in? can it be used to setup games between other clans? Or is it more or less there for the experience bonuses and such?

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't really find anything about. It will be nice when its all working as intended. Right now its getting to be borderline ridiculous on Activision's part.

cameltoe

So how does the clan level up? Do I need to pay to compete? Where do our clan competitions show up within Elite? Why is the sky Blue?

vilmer_

God damn the host advantage today is ridiculous.

also, I don't think I'm in the clan yet

It certainly is. I came around a corner, got the jump on the guy and unloaded a round into him yet somehow I died instantly. Watching the killcam it shows him shooting me and me reloading wtf LOL.

It certainly is. I came around a corner, got the jump on the guy and unloaded a round into him yet somehow I died instantly. Watching the killcam it shows him shooting me and me reloading wtf LOL.
it's like my first five bullets don't even exist. Are we really using Black Ops' netcode in this game? What a shitty decision if so.

Top Bottom