• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: MW3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

PSN : zerooriginal

If you're good, play seriously and don't fool around (running like a chicken with its head cut off), then please add me. :)

Mengetsu

Iv been playing the past few days with GAF and solo and im loving it. Most of my friends can't take the series anymore and says it frustrates them or their tired of it due to kids online/glitchers. Uncharted 3 MP is their friend now. Im just having a blast and playing with GAF members is just great we don't really lose a match at all. Please if anyone here is from the east coast add me on 360 GT is Matts Legacy and just leave me a message cause I need some players in the day time on the east cost lol

aristotle

Great games last night. Sorry about leaving. My PS3 had a hard freeze. I've been playing too much MW3 :(

I suggest we get together every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night at the same time (8PM Central). I'm down for it. That way we can play with everyone who wants to play. Due to work/school schedules, that should be good for everyone.

I should note that I don't usually play until later on Sundays. Getting together with Gaffers makes this game better though and I just want to have enough people playing at different times so everyone has a chance to play as a group.

If you ever see me playing online, just shoot me a message and we can party up.

Luthair

My gamertag is Anthony2035 if anyone wants to play. I'd like to join the clan but the Elite service has been full all day :-(

Create a clan seems to be bugged. As soon as I enter the clan name and accept the founder XP boost, the name disappears and nothing happens. Will keep trying.

bakeray

I may eventually subscribe to Elite but I don't feel like paying for anything so just add my tag if you guys want to play some games, had some great sessions last week/this past weekend with some of you guys.

360 GT - bak3ray

edit -- didn't realize you could sign up for free, it's still full now though, i'll be using bak3ray for that too once I can get in.

aristotle

Xater said:
I got your invite and clicked on accept but it doesn't look like I got in. Weird. Can you send me an invite again?

Done.

Maybe they're still working on it. If it doesn't go through this time, check again tomorrow. hopefully they'll get it working.

You can find the clan by searching "Neogaf". Maybe you can join up that way or accept the invite form there? I have no idea right now haha. It's close to 5 am. I need sleep.

bakeray said:
I may eventually subscribe to Elite but I don't feel like paying for anything so just add my tag if you guys want to play some games, had some great sessions last week/this past weekend with some of you guys.

360 GT - bak3ray

edit -- didn't realize you could sign up for free, it's still full now though, i'll be using bak3ray for that too once I can get in.

Added.

Xater

aristotle said:
Done.

Maybe they're still working on it. If it doesn't go through this time, check again tomorrow. hopefully they'll get it working.

You can find the clan by searching "Neogaf". Maybe you can join up that way or accept the invite form there? I have no idea right now haha. It's close to 5 am. I need sleep.

Nothing so far, but let's wait for tomorrow. This stuff still seems wonky as hell.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aristotle said:
There was already a neogaf group. :p

https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/group/view/1725

I was finally able to create the clan!

Now I need everyone's callofduty.com name so I can invite!

That links to a columbus group.

And if there was a NeoGAF group, why was I able to register neogaf?

I have 20 members right now in the one I made.

This shit is going to get out of hand if we have 15 different neogaf clans and groups.

Also, is your clan PS3 or what?

th3dude

GAF 360 clan up yet?

The Xtortionist said:
Going to bed. Will try to make the 360 clan around 1-2PM pacific tomorrow. PM me sooner if it's working.

Ah just saw this. Good deal! I'll be ready!

th3dude

Also we need to specify clan vs group. Group we can all join and it can be huge. Clan needs to be platform specific so we can play and level up together.

th3dude

On that note, can we get updates in the OP to specify the difference and link to the big GAF group, 360 clan (when created) and PS3 clan?

aristotle

The Xtortionist said:
Still isn't working for me...what exactly did you do?

Once I entered the clan name, it asks if I want to add my Founder XP. If you click yes, it will delete the clan name form the box and it won't work. It was constantly doing that for me. One time when I tried it again last night, I was able to type in the Clan name box while that propmt opened up. I typed the name Neogaf and then hit "Ok" (to add the founder XP" and it allowed me to create the clan. Elite is wonky right now and they're still working on the clan pages.

Alienshogun said:
That links to a columbus group.

And if there was a NeoGAF group, why was I able to register neogaf?

I have 20 members right now in the one I made.

This shit is going to get out of hand if we have 15 different neogaf clans and groups.

Also, is your clan PS3 or what?

Groups don't matter, only the clan. I have no idea why you were able to create a group.

The OP explains who is running what clan.

Calibur said:
GAF | PSN | Callofduty.com

GAF name: Calibur | PSN: R_Navarro | COD: R_Navarro

I've added you to the list, but you can only be a member of one clan. You can play with other GAF members all you want, but you have to pick a single clan to join.

Alienshogun said:
I will reiterate.

If Aristotle's clan is mainly for the PS3, you don't want to join it as a 360 gamer. Clans can only have 100 members. So you should wait until the 360 one is made.

Also, here's the group URL again.

https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/group/view/18904

You're going to add to confusion if you just add everyone. You need to state which platform the clan is for.

You're getting way ahead of yourself. If you look at the OT, I'm adding people to the list for 360, PS3, and PC, not the clan. Everyone in the PS3 clan was sent an invite over Elite. Once they log in, they see an invite. I'm not confusing anyone, just you apparently. I don't mean that to sound harsh. The Xtortionist was is taking care of the 360 part, not me as I've said multiple times.

And no, I'm not the only one who can't see your group. It's always given me a 404 on the Elite page. If you notice the group number for #neogaf is less than 2000, yours is like 18000+. You're jumping the gun on features and not letting the clan leaders do their job for the moment. People have ignored the group I posted for some reason. I've posted it several times in the official topic and in here.

My group:

2u7lh5j.jpg

Your group:

2z4ke1e.jpg

It doesn't make any sense why the groups would be system specific. I can join other global groups just fine. Their support is a joke so far. They're still working on getting double XP to everyone who is a founder. It took them 5 days for my Elite options to show up in game. Now I'm just waiting on the XP. Hopefully they'll fix this soon.

Stantron

The Xtortionist said:
Going to bed. Will try to make the 360 clan around 1-2PM pacific tomorrow. PM me sooner if it's working.
So I was able to log on to elite.callofduty.com/connect last night (It seems to be down at the moment). Someone created a "GAF" clan for 360. In my opinion, it should be "NeoGAF". I had the chance to create that, but didn't want to intrude.

aristotle

noire said:
I still haven't redeemed my Elite code yet.

The Founder's booklet has a theme and the Elite code, then the Elite card has a separate code... what's that one for?

The elite code on the card is a backup. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you redeemed the elite service with the PSN code.

k imma give it a shot

Fuck man, still doesn't work. Tried shift+tab/copy+paste to get the clan name back in the box after it disappears and everything.

Stantron said:
So I was able to log on to elite.callofduty.com/connect last night (It seems to be down at the moment). Someone created a "GAF" clan for 360. In my opinion, it should be "NeoGAF". I had the chance to create that, but didn't want to intrude.

Don't worry; it will be.

aristotle

The Xtortionist said:
k imma give it a shot

Fuck man, still doesn't work. Tried shift+tab/copy+paste to get the clan name back in the box after it disappears and everything.

Don't worry; it will be.

Yeah I don't know why it worked for me. Up until that time, it had never worked for me like that either. I'll be glad when they get it fixed.

My PS3 clan is there and people can see it, but none of the invites are working right now. It's a major pain. You would think they'd have this stuff fixed by now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aristotle said:
And no, I'm not the only one who can't see your group. It's always given me a 404 on the Elite page. If you notice the group number for #neogaf is less than 2000, yours is like 18000+. You're jumping the gun on features and not letting the clan leaders do their job for the moment. People have ignored the group I posted for some reason. I've posted it several times in the official topic and in here.

My group has 36 people in it now, they all found it fine. It's looking like it IS based on the console you're linked to.

Group has nothing to do with clan, I'm not stepping on anyones toes in regard to "leaders (lol)."

Best now to have your neogaf group be the PS3 one and the one I made for the 360.

It's not that people are ignoring "yours" it's that you're on the inferior console. ;)

I'd like to be in the 360 clan, and play with GAF people. I'm on 360, my tag is Sketch Sanchez (exactly like that with a space between the words)

I'm on the east coast and will be on after 8 tonight

aristotle

Alienshogun said:
My group has 36 people in it now, they all found it fine. It's looking like it IS based on the console you're linked to.

Group has nothing to do with clan, I'm not stepping on anyones toes in regard to "leaders (lol)."

Best now to have your neogaf group be the PS3 one and the one I made for the 360.

It's not that people are ignoring "yours" it's that you're on the inferior console. ;)

Seriously, I hate that console crap. Even if you're joking it's stupid and annoying.

The Xtortionist is the 360 Clan leader. You are stepping on someone's toes. Someone has to run the clan pages, accept new members and set up clan games. He took that torch.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aristotle said:
Seriously, I hate that console crap. Even if you're joking it's stupid and annoying.

The Xtortionist is the 360 Clan leader. You are stepping on someone's toes. Someone has to run the clan pages, accept new members and set up clan games. He took that torch.

No shit, I'm not talking about doing anything with the clan. How are you not getting it?

Alienshogun said:
Yep, or for anyone who doesn't wanna take part in clan activities.

Also, if I read correctly, it looks like only the premium members can contribute to the leveling of the clan too.

Edit: Also, I really think it is console specific. If you look at names of people it has "Xbox" by their name. (On mine)

Clan XP is accumulated by 1. joining the clan as a founder (free +500XP), 2. completing clan challenges and 3. completing clan operation (premium only).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
The Xtortionist said:
Clan XP is accumulated by 1. joining the clan as a founder (free +500XP), 2. completing clan challenges and 3. completing clan operation (premium only).

Yeah, that's what I was saying. Can't wait to see all the crap we can unlock. ;)

Top Bottom