• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CoD: MW3 Community Thread lOTl Has 99 problems but it's still pretty fun!

aristotle

Sorry I misread what you said AlienShogun. My mistake.

The clan rewards are cheap for right now. I tried to change the name to NeoGAF, not Neogaf, but it's not working yet. Here's a SS:

ked6z6.jpg

1jrmuv.jpg

Xtortionist: I suggest (if you can) search for all your members on the website. Find their name and load up their career page. Then you can track them. Once you do that, when the clan options start working, there's a button next to their name that says "Invite to clan". It'll make sending out the invites much easier. Sadly tracking members is hit or miss right now. I'm having to do the same.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Reposting for new page

CONFIRMATION.

Groups/Clans on Elite ARE console specific.

https://twitter.com/#!/OneOfSwords/status/136221432949653504

OneOfSwords said:
Yes, they are platform-specific for groups & clans at the momen

So if you're going to join a group, 360 is the one I'm linking to. Aristotle's is the PS3 one.

360 one.
https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/group/view/18904

X-Frame said:
I can't even log into Elite yet to make a damn account. I keep getting the "Throttled" page.

That's because you're not baller enough yet.

aristotle said:
Sorry I misread what you said AlienShogun. My mistake.

It's cool man.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aristotle said:
Get Radec to post that in the OT.

You really need to change the OP in this thread. You have the PS3 neogaf group listed at "the official group." However that's just the PS3 group.

Please add the 360 group and the PC group if there is one.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Aristotle, you still have the PS3 group as "Official Neogaf group."

That's incredibly misleading. Just have it say PS3 group like the 360 one does.

I think we're getting close. While clicking the arrow doesn't do anything, the clan name isn't wiped from the bar anymore.

Hopefully it will work tomorrow.

Is anyone else having problems getting into games? It gets to the lobby screen and suddenly it starts chugging like hell and then kicks me everytime.
Anyone else or just me?

Ballistik

IdreamofHIME said:
Is anyone else having problems getting into games? It gets to the lobby screen and suddenly it starts chugging like hell and then kicks me everytime.
Anyone else or just me?
Yeah i just had that happen to me. I couldn't even get to "xbox live " from all the freezing.. Went to dashboard and it was fixed.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
hamchan said:
C'mon guys, be nice. Just call each group what it is, no "official" shit now that the platforms are separated.

That's what I'm saying, but apparently he's got a problem with that. It's almost like he's still pissed off that his group isn't the only group.

The PS3 group should NOT be listed as the "official group" especially in the OP of this thread since anyone coming in from any other platform is going to click that and be confused as hell.

aristotle

Alienshogun said:
That's what I'm saying, but apparently he's got a problem with that. It's almost like he's still pissed off that his group isn't the only group.

The PS3 group should NOT be listed as the "official group" especially in the OP of this thread since anyone coming in from any other platform is going to click that and be confused as hell.

Just get over it. I don't care one way or the other. I have more important things to worry about instead of a line of text in the op. I didn't even have to put it in there. I was being helpful for the 360 community. You're the one spamming it over and over on every page about MW3. Just deal with it as it is and let's part ways right here. Don't try and act like I have some problem with it, because I really don't care one way or the other about groups. I'm in the process of getting my clan together and set up properly than making sure your ego is ok. You've come in here a few times and tried to tell me what I "have" to do, when really I don't. Now I'm currently at work. Labeling the group properly isn't high on my priority list right now. Calm down ok?

For now, let it be and give it a rest please.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aristotle said:
Just get over it. I don't care one way or the other. I have more important things to worry about instead of a line of text in the op. I didn't even have to put it in there. I was being helpful for the 360 community. You're the one spamming it over and over on every page about MW3. Just deal with it as it is and let's part ways right here. Don't try and act like I have some problem with it, because I really don't care one way or the other about groups. I'm in the process of getting my clan together and set up properly than making sure your ego is ok. You've come in here a few times and tried to tell me what I "have" to do, when really I don't. Now I'm currently at work. Labeling the group properly isn't high on my priority list right now. Calm down ok?

For now, let it be and give it a rest please.

Then why not change it? In the time it took you to post all this defensive tripe you could have simply fixed it with far less typing and WAY less usage of your time.

So why didn't you?

"I didn't have to put it in there." ??? Really?

This is a community thread, are you saying your "community" is the only one in here?

This has nothing to do with my ego at all, and I don't know why you're being such a prick about it. Perhaps you should have just made a PS3 thread if this is how you were going to be about the whole situation.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
aristotle said:
Please just stop. If you have issues, talk to me in PMs. This is not the place for it. Thanks.

Again, you post more words than it would take to fix the issue. What exactly is your problem?

And I disagree, this is exactly the place for it, so people can see how irrational you're being.

th3dude

Hey Xtortionist, I can see your clan on Elite now. That's the 360 clan, right? Are you able to add anyone yet?

Edit: Never mind, I see the site is still shit

aristotle

sn1pes said:
Hey Xtortionist, I can see your clan on Elite now. That's the 360 clan, right? Are you able to add anyone yet?

The clan invite system is still not working. Once it does, there will be an update in the OP and I'll make a new post so people who don't read the OP will hopefully see it as well.

I've updated with the current roster of all the PS3/360/PC members. Am I missing anyone? Please let me know.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I just got a NeoGaf clan invite for PS3. Clicked Accept and got a 503 error. Invite is now gone. Not sure if I actually got in or not. This is a pretty big ball of fail right now.

sn1pes said:

Wow. Gave me no indication it actually worked earlier.

Site is down for me right now so I can't check anything. I'll try to send invites when the traffic dies down.

edit - you can see the clan or no?

aristotle

TheOMan said:
I just got a NeoGaf clan invite for PS3. Clicked Accept and got a 503 error. Invite is now gone. Not sure if I actually got in or not. This is a pretty big ball of fail right now.

503 I think is due to excessive traffic. Those invites I sent out a day or so ago. I'll try right now to resend. let me know if it works or not.

Added you to the list BaltimoreLarry. I'll send a friend request on PSN once I get home.

th3dude

The Xtortionist said:
Wow. Gave me no indication it actually worked earlier.

Site is down for me right now so I can't check anything. I'll try to send invites when the traffic dies down.

edit - you can see the clan or no?

I could see it earlier, but Connect in general isn't working for me now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I wonder how many premium member (thus founders) we will have in the 360 clan. That's gonna be a lot of free exp.

Once we level high enough we get some pretty sweet unlocks like emblems and shit, even gold clan tags.

Who would have thought playing with a wired connection would have such dramatic improvements on the multiplayer?

Went from teleporting on the spot to being number 1 in pretty much all the matches I played tonight.

aristotle

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Who would have thought playing with a wired connection would have such dramatic improvements on the multiplayer?

Went from teleporting on the spot to being number 1 in pretty much all the matches I played tonight.

Like I said in the OT, wired > wireless always. I was amazed by the speed increase as well since I have a G wireless network and the router is literally 2 feet from my PS3.

Alienshogun said:
I wonder how many premium member (thus founders) we will have in the 360 clan. That's gonna be a lot of free exp.

Once we level high enough we get some pretty sweet unlocks like emblems and shit, even gold clan tags.
I got premium yesterday, it didn't look like I got any founder stuff though

I can send invites now but the search player feature doesn't seem to be working. Accept my FR or send me one (MASS Xtortion) and I'll get you an invite.

Top Bottom