• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
;(

Didn't feel too good after following that game.

I don't think Ash was all that bad, but I also don't think it's too much for him to complete a pass further than 10 yards down the field. I guess the important thing was that he didn't do anything to fuck up the game which is exactly what his role is.

cdyhybrid

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

HUSKIES!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
That's what you get you bitch mother fucker Bishop Snakey.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
saw that "blocked" field goal by Oklahoma.

Dude, that's not blocked, that's kicked right into his own offensive line :lol

Draconian

Really good game from our guys tonight. I'm digging the Lacy-Fowler-Yelden running back trio. Defense looked great from the most part, aside from a couple of big plays, a few penalties, and Perry getting beaten a little too much for my liking. Denard showed flashes of greatness and other times I couldn't tell what he was even looking at while he was throwing the ball.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Let's be serious. If you have offers from UW and Wazzu there's really only one way to go.

I still don't follow. I'm assuming by your logic, if he has offers from UW or Oregon there's only one way to go?

pxleyes

Banned
Jorts are always good for a few laughs, but then there are pairs like this. Behold these beauties.

3fmyq.jpg
3G9KH.jpg

ItUdu.jpg
aiRD0.jpg

did I read the scroller right, is the NCAA looking back in on USC over McKnight and his "car" deal?

Do I smell Death Penalty?

When it came up the first time, USC kept McKnight out of the Emerald Bowl and gave everything they had to the NCAA. They found "no penalty."

Now, we have a corrupt state official (I know, redundant) saying he gave gifts to McKnight and a basketball player.

LA Times said:
in the emails, Schenter says he was trying to start several private business ventures and hoped Jefferson and McKnight would help him market them. His connection, if any, to USC is also unclear. He describes himself in the emails as a fan of the University of Washington, a Pac 12 rival to USC.

So we have another wannabe dude trying to coast on USC fame, and a fucking Huskies fan to boot.

LA Times said:
He went on to say he intended to wrap the bus in gigantic posters of Jefferson and Mayo and noted that USC had told him he could not. But he wasn't deterred.

Schenter joked that USC stood for "Under Scott's Control" and bragged that the school could not stop him.

"What are they going to do to me?" he asked. "Will the NCAA fine me (yeah right)?"

So yeah, guy is a fucker and it's all pretty much bullshit. These agents/guys know they're untouchable.

Meier

I always love Oregon's unis. Those helmets are absolutely amazing.

I was impressed by the turnout tonight at DKR. Essentially completely full despite the heat and the opponent. My buddy was texting me updates on the FSU game -- I had predicted a 55-3 win so it was even better than I'd have anticipated. Not that you can take a lot from a game against a team like Murray State, but you're always happy to take a team behind the woodshed that you should. I'll be very curious to see how many we put up against Savannah State next week. It's nice to have easy victories but it's a shame how it played out with the two joke opponents in a row to start.

bluemax

Banned
did I read the scroller right, is the NCAA looking back in on USC over McKnight and his "car" deal?

Do I smell Death Penalty?

I hope it was worth it.

Sigh.

When it came up the first time, USC kept McKnight out of the Emerald Bowl and gave everything they had to the NCAA. They found "no penalty."

Now, we have a corrupt state official (I know, redundant) saying he gave gifts to McKnight and a basketball player.

So we have another wannabe dude trying to coast on USC fame, and a fucking Huskies fan to boot.

So yeah, guy is a fucker and it's all pretty much bullshit. These agents/guys know they're untouchable.

Don't forget we already vacated everything from when Davon Jefferson was on the team.

The dumb part is these guys weren't paid by a USC booster, or by USC. They were paid by people who wanted a piece of them when they went pro.

I don't think they'd get the death penalty, but man ... a violation on your probation, plus one you said checked out OK when you investigated it does not sound very good. It makes USC sound incompetent at investigating ... well, anything.

The NCAA said it checked out, not USC. USC simply sent over all the info they had.

But hey, whatever. Nobody gets this shit right anyway.

Meier

Despite Ash's decent numbers (on paper) tonight, UT's passing game is still dreadful. They will lose at least a few games this year due to it. The run game is very good, but they're going to be entirely one dimensional.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Saban was right when he called Agents Pimps. There are outsiders that just don't give a shit about NCAA rules.

bluemax

Banned
I don't think they'd get the death penalty, but man ... a violation on your probation, plus one you said checked out OK when you investigated it does not sound very good. It makes USC sound incompetent at investigating ... well, anything.

Why does USC have to suffer for rogue street agents but Oregon buys players and gets away with it. The Willie Lyles stuff is so much more egregious.

The NCAA said it checked out, not USC. USC simply sent over all the info they had.

But hey, whatever. Nobody gets this shit right anyway.

Pretty much. People still call Pete a cheat and think we got sanctioned for cheating which isn't what happened.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Why does USC have to suffer for rogue street agents but Oregon buys players and gets away with it. The Willie Lyles stuff is so much more egregious.

I thought we were supposed to get a ruling on that before the season started. I have a feeling nothing is going to come of it.

Saban was right when he called Agents Pimps. There are outsiders that just don't give a shit about NCAA rules.

Pretty much. The guy even said as much. And since what they're doing isn't illegal and the NCAA has no hold over them, they're basically untouchable and have no incentive to stop. Students have obvious incentives to take money and shit from agents because money and benefits are fucking awesome.

And it's ridiculous to try and track everything your hundreds of student-athletes are doing 24/7. So this shit will never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom