• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Pretty much. The guy even said as much. And since what they're doing isn't illegal and the NCAA has no hold over them, they're basically untouchable and have no incentive to stop. Students have obvious incentives to take money and shit from agents because money and benefits are fucking awesome.

And it's ridiculous to try and track everything your hundreds of student-athletes are doing 24/7. So this shit will never end.
Some states have laws making such activities illegal. I know Alabama does, and I'll be shocked if CA doesn't.

TylerD

Sooners punt coverage taking the "stay in your lane" mentality a little too far. Staying in your lane as you run by the return guy 10 yards to your right or left isn't working, lol

Shit.

A) A win! Huzzah! Was hoping for a better performance against Wyoming, but whatever. I think defensive problems can be fixed, but I worry about Ash's ability to throw the ball.
B) LHN is a lot of fun to watch pregame, because they cover the pregame festivities, rather then games I don't care about.
C) HA! Houston lost to Texas State!
D) OU sucks, but its keeping me up, I wanted to go to bed.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
weis-mcmackin.JPG.jpg

Begun The Clone Wars has

Chris R

Man I want to see a CFB game when I'm on vacation in November now :(

Checked all the Div I-A schools in Texas so far that aren't too far from where I'll be, but times haven't been posted yet :( Baylor And A&M are both playing home games the Saturday I'm in Texas, but they would have to be night games for me to get there after F1 stuff finishes. And it looks like the Longhorns have a game on Thanksgiving but again, it would have to be a night game for me to get there after the Cowboys game.

Checked all the Div I-A schools in Texas so far that aren't too far from where I'll be, but times haven't been posted yet :( Baylor And A&M are both playing home games the Saturday I'm in Texas, but they would have to be night games for me to get there after F1 stuff finishes. And it looks like the Longhorns have a game on Thanksgiving but again, it would have to be a night game for me to get there after the Cowboys game.

Go to San Marcos and see the undefeated Texas State Wildcats*!

(*Texas State may or may not be undefeated by November.**)

(**Okay, they probably won't be.)

cashman

Banned

The game will definitely be at night, but I don't think you'll have time after the Cowboys game, since that game will end at around 6:30

Fox Sports has some awesome commercials at midnight.

Norm MacDonald doing Safe Auto car insurance followed by a cougar dating site.

Poor Norm, and it's Cougar911.com if you were interested in that.

Some states have laws making such activities illegal. I know Alabama does, and I'll be shocked if CA doesn't.

LA Times said:
Schenter, a former assessor's employee, has been charged with giving improper tax breaks to wealthy Angelenos as part of a larger investigation into the office of Assessor John Noguez, who was forced to take an extended leave of absence.

Somehow I don't think this dude was too concerned about the legality of stuff he does.

KingGondo

Banned
There will be no tears from me. I am conditioned for disappointment. This team isn't worthy to sniff Alabama's farts from what I have seen so far.
Looks like nobody is.

I think Michigan was obviously overrated, but Bama's depth of talent is ridiculous.

Chris R

The game will definitely be at night, but I don't think you'll have time after the Cowboys game, since that game will end at around 6:30

Might just sell my Cowboys ticket then, since I'd be driving from Austin to get there, and I'd prefer to watch the CFB game anyways.

Could have sworn I checked Texas' website and saw they were out of town while I was in Austin :(

cashman

Banned
Might just sell my Cowboys ticket then, since I'd be driving from Austin to get there, and I'd prefer to watch the CFB game anyways.

Could have sworn I checked Texas' website and saw they were out of town while I was in Austin :(

Texas vs TCU should be a good one.
How long are you in Texas for?

TylerD

What are the odds you make the move?

Just waiting on an offer at this point due to some delays in their process.. I don't want to put a number on it but I am very confident I'll get the job. They asked me for my current benefits info so they could compensate me for the benefits gap on top of my number.

KingGondo

Banned
Just waiting on an offer at this point due to some delays in their process.. I don't want to put a number on it but I am very confident I'll get the job. They asked me for my current benefits info so they could compensate me for the benefits gap on top of my number.
Gotcha. Good luck with that, hope everything works out for the best.

TylerD

Gotcha. Good luck with that, hope everything works out for the best.

I appreciate it. The move probably wouldn't happen for several months so I should get to use my new Thunder seats for a while.
----------

I still don't believe Landry is a pro QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom