• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Unless he is starting at QB, I don't think it will make much difference.

Still, it's nice to see the oh so holy B1G actually cares more about winning than Southern Schools (i.e. Auburn and Clemson playing the game without 500 suspended players)

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member

Mike Leach coming to WSU is the greatest thing to happen to our program in the past 9 years and he hasn't even coached a game yet! I am actually optimistic about college football for once!

Also, I really like that our official roster for Thursday lists Jeff Tuel OR Connor Halliday as the starter. Well played Leach, well played.

cdyhybrid

Mike Leach coming to WSU is the greatest thing to happen to our program in the past 9 years and he hasn't even coached a game yet! I am actually optimistic about college football for once!

Also, I really like that our official roster for Thursday lists Jeff Tuel OR Connor Halliday as the starter. Well played Leach, well played.

Yeah, the guy who went to media day might not start, gonna have to prepare for both QBs!

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the guy who went to media day might not start, gonna have to prepare for both QBs!

Tuel will be the starter. It's just funny that he hasn't said it outright yet. I loved this quote from that linked press conference:

"Steve's a great guy, and I enjoy talking to him, but we don't typically share football secrets with the University of Washington."

bachikarn

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 3
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 1
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 4
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 1
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 5
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 9
Ohio @ Penn State by 2
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 6
Nevada @ California by 5
Miami @ Boston College by 3
Clemson vs. Auburn by 5
Michigan vs. Alabama by 8
San Diego State @ Washington by 9
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 7
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 9

So today my friend invited me to go with him to the New Mexico vs. Texas game next Saturday because he had an extra ticket! Yay now the LHN will only keep me from watching 1* game instead of 2!

*there have been talks to also bring either the Baylor or ISU vs. Texas game on the LHN, but nothing is set in stone. I hope those universities respectively tell the LHN to fuck off.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Looking back on last year's non-conference opponents for CU: Hawaii, Cal, Colorado State, Ohio State.

I'm fairly certain CU will win more than 3 games this season. I'm thinking 5.

Also, it would be nice to not have so many teams hang over 35 points on us.

I'm the saddest CFB-gaffer ever.

giga

If it makes you feel any better, I don't even know if you're talking about cornell or Clemson university.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
If it makes you feel any better, I don't even know if you're talking about cornell or Clemson university.

*sobs*

Lonestar

Screen_shot_2012-08-27_at_3.45.55_PM.png

:lol

ChiTownBuffalo

ChiTownBuffalo

Judging by his avatar, I'd say he's a Clemson fan. Right, ChiTownBuffalo?

Now I have to either get a Buffalo costume or change my avatar.

ChiTownBuffalo

AntoneM

Looking back on last year's non-conference opponents for CU: Hawaii, Cal, Colorado State, Ohio State.

I'm fairly certain CU will win more than 3 games this season. I'm thinking 5.

Also, it would be nice to not have so many teams hang over 35 points on us.

I'm the saddest CFB-gaffer ever.
Well, Vegas favors ASU in like NONE of their games this year. I'm right there with you.

Lonestar

Just because he's listed on the 2-deep?

Well, Hoke did also say this:

“Whenever you’re in this position, you’ve got to make decisions that are best for the program,” he said. “That doesn’t mean for one specific team, it means for the program, for the identity and character of the program that you represent. Are they easy decisions? No. Are they decisions that you want to make because you love the kids? No.”

He said he doesn’t have a big problem with making the decision.

“I’m comfortable with what I want to do, very comfortable with that,” Hoke said. “Talking to all you guys (in the media) about it? No, that’s not comfortable because it’s talking about two kids who are sons to us and made bad decisions.”

ChiTownBuffalo

Do we have any Stanford alums in CFB-Gaf? Or are they all too busy making Google and $$$?

Lonestar

This is about making Alabama prepare for having him play.

It's one thing to do the Belichick thing and "are they injured or not", it's another to have this vague suspension thing going on.

ChiTownBuffalo

We're all Tigers here, right?

Cal Tiger, Colorado Tigers (Actually I think Colorado College is the Tigers), Clemson Tiger, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tiger (Although the War Eagle thing confuses me)

Cal Tiger, Colorado Tigers (Actually I think Colorado College is the Tigers), Clemson Tiger, LSU Tigers, Auburn Tiger (Although the War Eagle thing confuses me)

The fact that the War Eagle doesn't have a gun or something attached to its talons makes me think it should just be called Eagle.

ChiTownBuffalo

andycapps

That would be a badass name.

Well, it's part of their name repertoire. They're officially the Auburn Tigers. But then they say "go War Eagle", which is a mascot of sorts. Or "War Damn Eagle, PAWWWWL!" They're also known as the Plainsmen, like I said. So I refer to them as the War Tiglesmen.

Draxal

Need more knights, I know of the once Golden Knights of UCF, the Black Knights of Army, and the Scarlet Knights of Rutgers. Cavaliers don't count, not cool enough.

"Oregon is playing the guilt card on its website, as it reminds fans that the nation's fourth-longest sellout streak (82 games) is in jeopardy unless people start scarfing up those Arkansas State tickets for the opener at Autzen."

:jnc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom