• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little over 24 hours to get your bcs picks in. So check your picks in the op link to make sure their right.

I don't think I've updated yours yet cyan nor the guy who pm'd me. I believe everyone else's are what they wanted.

Some of you still have blank spaces so get me the picks!!!!

xeris

South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 17
Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 14
Washington State @ BYU by 7
Tennessee vs. NC State by 9
Boise State @ Michigan State by 11
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 14
Ohio @ Penn State by 4
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 6
Nevada @ California by 10
Miami @ Boston College by 7
Clemson vs. Auburn by 10
Michigan vs. Alabama by 14
San Diego State @ Washington by 12
Kentucky @ Louisville by 10
Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 16

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Looks like we know where GAF is getting its money for all of these fancy upgrades. Akron. Believe

Someone needs to get Hans Zimmer on the line, we've got ourselves some Copyright Infringement!

Now, I never liked Terry, but I never understood why he just disappeared for 15 years. Successful Coach at a major university (shadyness not-withstanding). Auburn just kills careers. Ain't that Right, Tommy?

and completely off topic, but since I'm already sweating it (because I haven't built a PC in 8+ years), and I'm sure some of you guys use computers to come to this crazy place

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler ($67.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Biostar TZ77XE3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M4 64GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($67.98 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($216.97 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($50.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Antec 620W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Newegg)
-$13.50 on the PSU from a promo code, but $6 shipping from Newegg on everything.
-$40 on 2 mail in rebates
Total: $865.18

Final tally, no going back now, just hit confirm purchase.

Now, just a countdown till:
VmzTw.gif

God, please don't let me screw this up.

cdyhybrid

Someone needs to get Hans Zimmer on the line, we've got ourselves some Copyright Infringement!

Now, I never liked Terry, but I never understood why he just disappeared for 15 years. Successful Coach at a major university (shadyness not-withstanding). Auburn just kills careers. Ain't that Right, Tommy?

and completely off topic, but since I'm already sweating it (because I haven't built a PC in 8+ years), and I'm sure some of you guys use computers to come to this crazy place

What exactly are you worried about? I built my first computer a few months ago and it was easier than I expected. Just a little time consuming because I was being extremely careful.

Lonestar

What exactly are you worried about? I built my first computer a few months ago and it was easier than I expected. Just a little time consuming because I was being extremely careful.

It's the "I have hundreds of dollars in my hands"

When I built the PC years ago, it kind of worked, but had problems with the bootup. Think it was the bios. Never figured it out on my own, but a Cousin managed to solve that problem.

Never installed a CPU cooler system either. The CPU I got can be OC'd, but I've never been into that scene.

Left off a large HDD, DVD and monitor, as I plan to continue to use my LCD TV, and use an older HDD/DVD. Either of those are cheap enough to get locally if I screw up.

ag-my001

Nothing wrong with what you have there, only suggestion would be to step down to the 2500K to allow a 120 GB SSD on the same budget. If you're going to recycle some older HDDs though, it's a great pickup as is.

Also, the thought struck me: why couldn't the A&M-La.Tech game have been moved to Saturday? Is the stadium booked for someone else? Not that I blame NO and LA for being a bit paranoid whenever a cyclone approaches, but all the timing and strength projections make it seem like Saturday would have been a sufficient delay.

Lonestar

Nothing wrong with what you have there, only suggestion would be to step down to the 2500K to allow a 120 GB SSD on the same budget. If you're going to recycle some older HDDs though, it's a great pickup as is.

Also, the thought struck me: why couldn't the A&M-La.Tech game have been moved to Saturday? Is the stadium booked for someone else? Not that I blame NO and LA for being a bit paranoid whenever a cyclone approaches, but all the timing and strength projections make it seem like Saturday would have been a sufficient delay.

I had a 90 GB SSD, but was suggested the brand wasn't great. The idea is to get the boot drive on the SSD. Maybe there'll be room for "one big game", like Simcity or Planetside, something that needs an extra oomph. Vid card was cheap enough that a future crossfire solution can be made, and hoping the 620w PSU will suffice in that situation too.

Actually had to bargin myself down to the CPU I took, from a i7 3770 to the i5 3570. That's about $100 there, when I found out there wasn't much of a gain in gaming terms.

Today Braxton said he expect to throw 18-20 passes Saturday. Seems low to me but we are expecting that hurricane to be in Ohio at kickoff. So joy!

I'll just drive out to College Station. No problem!

I'll come with, and you can visit Dallas after. I wouldn't want to spend any time in College Station.

Note: I've never actually been to College Station. But I hear I'm not missing anything.

Texas A&M vs. Louisiana Tech postponed till Oct 13.

https://twitter.com/LATechFB/statuses/240551974037225472

EDIT: That means their first game is against Florida next week.

Have fun with that.

Excellent. I'm worried about an Aggie let down from Florida, just because I don't know what to expect. But now even if we lose, which I don't expect, we know they will have the worst season ever.

By the way, final post count from the off season for the top 10 posters:

ConfusingJazz 1,008
Lonestar 1,005
ChiTownBuffalo 765
mre 606
bucknuticus 604
Cyan 591
andycapps 557
cdyhybrid 523
Sirpopopop 352
BertramCooper 317

Nothing happened with Florida or Texas. I can't just talk about nothing like you people. Also, I had the Bar exam and stuff.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

You didn't budget for your OS.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Windows 7 is an upgrade, 8 sounds like a downgrade.

Unless there was another joke in there. If so, I missed it. Sorry.
Where I come from, we don't upgrade our operating system. We do a clean install, the way God herself intended.

Lonestar

Been out of the computer business awhile, you'll have to enlighten me on the error of the Upgrade Way.

I don't know. I always rolled with upgrades. Unfortunately I'm not a student anymore, but my brother is! And my uni e-mail still works (both of them actually, the first is now like seven years old, too), so I might still be good to go.

LegoDad

I don't know. I always rolled with upgrades. Unfortunately I'm not a student anymore, but my brother is! And my uni e-mail still works (both of them actually, the first is now like seven years old, too), so I might still be good to go.

You can do a clean install with an upgrade version.

You can do a clean install with an upgrade version.

Can you? I might have. I don't recall what I did the last time my computer died. But now that I think about it, I do believe I clean installed from my upgrade disc. I think I initially bought just before 7 came out, so I think that is the case.

Anyways, we really have ventured way off topic. Lonestar is just trying to win the post count this time.

Lonestar

Can you? I might have. I don't recall what I did the last time my computer died. But now that I think about it, I do believe I clean installed from my upgrade disc. I think I initially bought just before 7 came out, so I think that is the case.

Anyways, we really have ventured way off topic. Lonestar is just trying to win the post count this time.

90% of this topic has been off topic. I'm not seeing alot of Urine Thermal Analysis in this topic.

He's still losing!

Lonestar

which are you guys waiting to hear the most, come the first game?

LETS HAVE A REAL GOOD TIME

or

NAPA KNOW HOW, NAPA KNOW HOW

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

pxleyes

Banned
This post feels a bit like coming up for air. I've dropped off a bit over the last few months, but I've been keeping tabs on you guys. If you didn't know, I'm in the middle of planning a wedding. We get married on October 13th, an away game with Kentucky (couldn't of picked an easier game to miss). Hell it may be over by the time the wedding starts if it is a noon game.

So this wedding business. I lack photos of my hot piss, but I have some pretty nice shots of us up in Gainesville. I figured I would share. Here is the full album, but I've pulled a few choice shots. http://imgur.com/a/CmT4z

CzWSfh.jpg

Here's us in our seats. Section 321, Row 22, Seats 2,3,4. Loved that we got to get shots in our actual seats.

JgbyCh.jpg

YVgcRh.jpg

finally, if you know Gainesville, you will know where this is.
savethedate_proof.png

The website is live. I made it. Check it out. I think it is pretty cool. http://www.brandonandchristy.com

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 14
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 10
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 4
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 3
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 7
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 7
Ohio @ Penn State by 13
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 6
Nevada @ California by 6
Miami @ Boston College by 3
Clemson vs. Auburn by 7
Michigan vs. Alabama by 9
San Diego State @ Washington by 13
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 7
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10

And finally, GO GATORS! Let's get this season started!
Sw53ph.jpg

Wow you two have been dating for 10 years and yall are still together? She must be the one. Congrats Brandon.

Here's the updated Hurricane Isaac effected postponements! more to come?

Schedule
Thursday, August 30
7:00 PM No. 9 South Carolina at Vanderbilt
7:00 PM UCF at Akron
7:00 PM Eastern Michigan at Ball State
7:00 PM Southeast Missouri State at Central Michigan
7:00 PM Towson at Kent State
7:15 PM Northern Colorado at Utah
7:30 PM UTSA at South Alabama postponed till 2pm Saturday Sept. 1
7:30 PM Massachusetts at Connecticut
7:30 PM UCLA at Rice
7:30 PM Texas A&M at Louisiana Tech postponed till October 13th. Time TBA
7:30 PM McNeese State at Middle Tennessee
8:00 PM Sacramento State at New Mexico State
8:00 PM Southern Utah at Utah State
9:00 PM Eastern Washington at Idaho
10:15 PM Washington State at Brigham Young
10:30 PM Northern Arizona at Arizona State
11:00 PM Minnesota at UNLV

Last Day to get your bcs picks in!

Check your picks from the link in the OP. I'll input the ones I have when I get off work later today. I will not take anymore picks or make changes after 11:59 est. so post them here or Pm them to me.

krzy123

I think you should have bought a bigger SSD, i got a m4 128gig for $90 three months ago. After a clean install and a minimum of apps, i have 70-80 gigs free, and game sizes these days are huge, i keep most on a hdd. I went overboard w/ my build somewhat, but i dont care (3770k, 16gig ram, nvidia 670), everything is so silky smooth.

Jerk having your wedding on a game day. Every wedding I have been Invited to that's during an osu game, I dont go to.

You people should know better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom