• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
Busy day at the office, but I'm going to do my Pick Em and FSU predictions today.

LET'S DO THIS!

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 17
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by FSU
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 9
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 4
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 11
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 9
Ohio @ Penn State by 4
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 7
Nevada @ California by 4
Miami @ Boston College by 4
Clemson vs. Auburn by 9
Michigan vs. Alabama by 13
San Diego State @ Washington by 7
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 9
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 9

Thoughts on Week 1 Games:

- Good slate of games for the opening week. Everyone will tune into Mich v Bama, but I also think Tenn vs NCSU and BSU vs MSU will be good games.

- Went with the home teams and home teams, unless they are Kentucky.

- Let's not try to embarrass ourselves, ACC teams.

I don't have enough skillz to pick the scores, but here are my picks for FSU's season.

09/01/12 vs. Murray State W
09/08/12 vs. Savannah State W
09/15/12 vs. Wake Forest W
09/22/12 vs. Clemson W (but it'll be close)
09/29/12 at USF W
10/06/12 at NC State W (will be closer than expected)
10/13/12 vs. Boston College W
10/20/12 at Miami W
10/27/12 vs. Duke W
11/08/12 at Virginia Tech L
11/17/12 at Maryland W
11/24/12 vs. Florida W
ACCCG vs. Virginia Tech W

With a win in the ACC Championship, I predict an Orange Bowl invite. Though if enough other teams lose down the stretch maybe they can squeeze into the MNC discussion.

Barring some injuries or other massive things, I don't really see any reason FSU should lose any games this year except for Clemson and Virginia Tech. I'm pretty sure they win one of those games, and the fact that they get Clemson at home is why I picked that for the win. VT on a Thursday in Lane is just too much to handle, but FSU wins the rematch in the ACCCG.

By the way, are we just picking 9 games this week now that TX A&M and LA Tech are rescheduling?

Griegite

still a junior
I try to give a damn about my team, but as a University of Maryland fan I can't stand Randy Edsall. Can't wait till he's gone. Doesn't help our first starting qb went to Wisconsin and our replacement is out for the season. I may just root for my cousins Ole Miss Rebels just for kicks.

That was NC State, two years ago. Fucking Ponder.

Yeah, but I threw that out before that season as a sprinkler head you were going to trip on, and I believe I received the same type of response about how FSU beat the snot out of them by 40 the year before.

EDIT: Found the exchange!

Oh you say that now, but in a couple weeks, if you beat OU, you are going to be talking about bigger and grander things. Then you trip over a sprinkler like Maryland or NC State, and you don't want to leave your bedroom for 2 weeks.

Oh yeah NCSU. The team that FSU needed 45pts to beat last year

FSU then lost to NC State, with mre going super Wolfpack.

andycapps

I try to give a damn about my team, but as a University of Maryland fan I can't stand Randy Edsall. Can't wait till he's gone. Doesn't help our first starting qb went to Wisconsin and our replacement is out for the season. I may just root for my cousins Ole Miss Rebels just for kicks.

That's really no improvement.

Yeah, but I threw that out before that season as a sprinkler head you were going to trip on, and I believe I received the same type of response about how FSU beat the snot out of them by 40 the year before.

EDIT: Found the exchange!

FSU then lost to NC State, with mre going super Wolfpack.

Seeing as we lost to both Wake and Clemson this year, I don't think the team will look past either of them. As for games I'm worried about in general, the answer to that is Clemson, NC State, USF, and VT.

I'm worried about Clemson and VT in general, because they are quite good. I'm worried about NC State and USF as trap games. I think NC State will be much better than expected this year, and they could really screw up either FSU or Clemson's path to the ACCCG.

cashman

Banned
Texas? Florida?

I guess the Texans are going to be decent, but is everyone else excited about the Cowboys, Jaguars, Dolphins, and Bucs?

I sure am!!!

glory-hole.jpg

My glory hole is ready Jerrah!!!!!!!!!

pxleyes

Banned
Still not sold on the new font across the stadium (it was fine how it was), but the other renovations look really nice. I love the mix of the old brick with the new metal materials.

R3waX.jpg

i4D0R.jpg

I really hate that font. There was just something classic about the old one. It had a sense of tradition. The new one looks like it was made up for one of Oregon's games.

The renovations are nice though! The Swamp definitely seemed a little dated compared to those other stadiums. Speaking of which
bilde

This has to be the most horrible leading I've seen. Ugh, disgusting.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This will make you feel better
if you ignore the outcome of the game
. Not a fumble, but arguably better than KENTUCKYDERP.

CLEMSONDERP.gif

Kind of remembered that play. I'm 80% sure that Clemson did the ironic thing, and asked for the play to be reviewed, to see if Boyd's knee was down before the "throw?"

That Florida Font is horrendous. Though, the coloring of it doesn't help either. Blue and Orange? Bleh.

Kevtones

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 24
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 14
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 19
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 14
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 3
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 17
Ohio @ Penn State by 24
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 3
Nevada @ California by 24
Miami @ Boston College by 4
Clemson vs. Auburn by 10
Michigan vs. Alabama by 14
San Diego State @ Washington by 17
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 9
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 13

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like A&M will fit right in in the SEC. They apparently had a few players suspended for the first game of the season; however, since their first game of the season was moved to be their 6th game of the season, and their new first game is a conference game against Florida, the players' suspension is going to follow the Louisiana Tech game to week 7 instead of being week 1.

rQnLr.png

Looks like A&M will fit right in in the SEC. They apparently had a few players suspended for the first game of the season; however, since their first game of the season was moved to be their 6th game of the season, and their new first game is a conference game against Florida, the players' suspension is going to follow the Louisiana Tech game to week 7 instead of being week 1.

rQnLr.png

Bwahahahaha brilliant. Dat SEC.

Cyan

Banned

rQnLr.png

lolol

Haha, SEC. No other conference would ever do anything like this ever.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Ohhhhh yeeeaaaaahhhh!

I love Bob Stoops banner? Check
Welcome home Mike Stoops banner? Check
Fire Bob & Mike Stoops banner after we lose in Lubbock again? Check
Fire everyone banner if we lose to OK State again? Check

IT'S FOOTBALL SEASON. LETS DO THIS.

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 17
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by 24
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 7
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 7
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 14
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 10
Ohio @ Penn State by 14
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 3
Nevada @ California by 17
Miami @ Boston College by 7
Clemson vs. Auburn by 7
Michigan vs. Alabama by 17
San Diego State @ Washington by 21
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 10
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 10

andycapps

lolol

Haha, SEC. No other conference would ever do anything like this ever.

I don't think many schools in the SEC would do that either. They're trying to out-Spurrier, Spurrier.

Plus, it's A&M.

squeeze_ani_medium.gif

I hate the Florida colors anyway, but having whole walls colored orange is just an abomination. And that font sucks. The whole thing is reminiscent of Oregon and teams like that with their gaudy highschool inspired designs.

LosDaddie

Banned

FSU's 2012 Schedule:

Red = Possible Losses

Sept 01 - Murray State
Sept 08 - Savannah State
Sept 15 - Wake Forest
Sept 22 - Clemson Tigers
Sept 29 - at USF Bulls
Oct 06 - at N.C. State
Oct 13 - Boston College
Oct 20 - at Miami(Fl)
Oct 27 - Duke Blue Devils
Nov 03 - BYE
Nov 08 - at VaTech (Thursday)
Nov 17 - at Maryland
Nov 24 - Florida Gators

PREDICTION: 10-2

Thoughts on FSU's SEason:

- This is the year, GAF. This is the season FSU alumni/fans have waited a long time for. This is Year 3 of the Jimbo Era, the schedule is favorable (thank you, WVU, for backing out like little chickenshits), and the talent is finally there (anyone who follows recruiting knows this) for FSU to make a serious run at the MNC. If FSU can (unlike last season) avoid injuries, then this should be a great year for the SEminole Nation. :)

- FSU plays in the ACC. The "experts" at Tomahawknation may think otherwise, but there's NO EXCUSE for FSU be out of the ACC CG this season. The only way I'll accept less is if Clemson goes undefeated. FSU should be favored in every ACC game except @ VT on a Thurs night, and maybe favored in that game, too. Again, FSU needs to, at minimum, be in the ACC CG this season. 2012 has to be year FSU takes the next step.

- Games I can't wait for: Clemson, at USF, at VT, and the gatas coming to Tally. The game I'm most looking forward to is @ USF. They got lucky to play FSU in 2009, and I want FSU to stomp the shit out of them for payback. Fuck them. I'll most likely be going to the game since it's 1.5hrs outside of Orlando, instead of 4hrs to Tally.

- But the main reason why I predict FSU going 10-2 this season? This guy:

ej-manuel.jpg

He might be FSU's "star" QB, but he's soft/a glass canon...and apparently not too smart (football IQ-wise). EJ has NEVER been able to stay healthy in his 4yrs at FSU, and according to insiders, his backup (RS-Soph Trickett) already knows the playbook better than him. WTF? EJ has a ton to prove this season.

- FSU's OFfense sustained more injuries than any other unit in the country last season, and I think that be a positive for this season. A lot of young guys got experience. Again, if FSU can avoid injuries, it'll be a great season for the Noles.

PISS IS STEAMING HOT

Cyan

Banned
I kind of feel bad for all the FSU fans thinking MNC. Learn the BSU lesson, dudes: mid-majors don't get MNC shots.

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 7
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by X - PPD I'd have picked La Tech anyway.
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 2 I believe in Leach.
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 4
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 3
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 8
Ohio @ Penn State by 1
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 2
Nevada @ California by 4
Miami @ Boston College by 10 BC is just that bad.
Clemson vs. Auburn by 4 The BEAST beatdown hangover is still in full effect!
Michigan vs. Alabama by 1
San Diego State @ Washington by 5
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 7
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 6

BCS Auto Qualifiers:

ACC
Atlantic - FSU
Coastal - VT
Champ - VT

Big XII
OSU

Big Ten
Legends - Nebraska
Leaders - Wisconsin
Champ - Nebraska

Big East/CUSA/CDOA/etc.
Cincinnati

Pac 12
North - Oregon
South - USC
Champ - USC

SEC
East - USCe
West - LSU
Champ - USCe

MNC
USC vs. OSU
Champ
USC

Notre Dame is starting to get some criminals on their team like Ohio State! http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/stor...tre-dame-fighting-irish-need-bad-citizens-win

Notre Dame's recent suspensions of four players could actually be a sign the program is gaining an "edge" that will help it be more successful, Irish radio analyst Allen Pinkett said Wednesday.

"I've always felt like to have a successful team you've got to have a few bad citizens on the team," Pinkett said on WSCR-AM (670). "That's how Ohio State used to win all the time. They would have two or three guys that were criminals and that just adds to the chemistry of the team. I think Notre Dame is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension which creates edge on the football team.

andycapps

Notre Dame is starting to get some criminals on their team like Ohio State! http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/stor...tre-dame-fighting-irish-need-bad-citizens-win

Notre Dame's recent suspensions of four players could actually be a sign the program is gaining an "edge" that will help it be more successful, Irish radio analyst Allen Pinkett said Wednesday.

"I've always felt like to have a successful team you've got to have a few bad citizens on the team," Pinkett said on WSCR-AM (670). "That's how Ohio State used to win all the time. They would have two or three guys that were criminals and that just adds to the chemistry of the team. I think Notre Dame is growing because maybe they have some guys that are doing something worthy of a suspension which creates edge on the football team.

SEC thugs.

bluemax

Banned

He posted it to his student web space, only shared it with friends one of whom spread it to the Internet. It caused a bunch of embarrassment and harassment for the song girl so he had to apologize and the school paper had to fire him.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
He posted it to his student web space, only shared it with friends one of whom spread it to the Internet. It caused a bunch of embarrassment and harassment for the song girl so he had to apologize and the school paper had to fire him.

How was that picture embarassing?

Nevermind. You weren't referencing the picture in the "article."

pxleyes

Banned
I really hate that font. There was just something classic about the old one. It had a sense of tradition. The new one looks like it was made up for one of Oregon's games.

The renovations are nice though! The Swamp definitely seemed a little dated compared to those other stadiums. Speaking of which
bilde

This has to be the most horrible leading I've seen. Ugh, disgusting.
Comparison shot.
2072588065_3b9dd5cab5.jpg

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Blue, was it about this shot?
usc_song_girl_texas1.jpg

The "USC Cheerleader cheering for Texas" moment, at least at the top. The bottom is either her in Texas garb, or just a bonus shot. Either way is find and dandy.

pxleyes

Banned
I'm more annoyed by the elipsis than anything else.
Dont get me started. As a designer, I respect the old way the stadium looked. The excuse was, "it has always been like that". Now, it is putting lipstick on a pig. It was our pig, but you just don't do that.

Blue, was it about this shot?
usc_song_girl_texas1.jpg

The "USC Cheerleader cheering for Texas" moment, at least at the top. The bottom is either her in Texas garb, or just a bonus shot. Either way is find and dandy.

Thats really stupid if the photographer was fired because of that photo. What about the camera man who caught it on film? Why wasn't the song girl dismissed? Or better yet why don't they give the Song Girls a week long crash course on Football so it doesn't keep happening...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom