• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2012 Week 1 - Get Your Piss Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garryk

Jerk having your wedding on a game day. Every wedding I have been Invited to that's during an osu game, I dont go to.

You people should know better!
My wedding was on the day of the Arkansas-Auburn game where Muschump earned his "Boom" nickname. :(

EDIT: We got married on 10-13 too pxleyes. That date has already been saved!!!

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Congrats on building a new computer!

And congrats on the engagement!

Jay Sosa

Damn you OP! almost missed the thread cause of that strange title..

anywaaaaay:

Pick'em Week 1

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 1
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by X (canceled)
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 4
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 14
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 4
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 24
Ohio @ Penn State by 13
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 4
Nevada @ California by 12
Miami @ Boston College by 6
Clemson vs. Auburn by 12
Michigan vs. Alabama by 79
San Diego State @ Washington by 16
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 11
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 3

Go Gators :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It ain't built itself yet!

And Congrats to Pxl, but double shame too ;P Gameday wedding involving 2 football fans. How? HOW? The other shame goes to ruining the mental image of what you looked like to me (had a Myron Rolle-type of thing going on, complete with Gator-laden Ascot) You're nothing but another mre!

But seriously, Grats!

He's got a registry on his site folks, lets all buy them the exact same Butter Dish!

Garryk

Time to get some picks in:

ACC: UVa
-Coastal: UVa
-Atlantic: FSU

Big 12: OU

B1G: Michigan St
-Leaders: Wisconsin
-Legends: Michigan St

C-USA: Louisville

PAC12: USC
-North: Oregon
-South: USC

SEC: LSU
-East: South Carolina
-West: LSU

BCS Game: USC v. LSU
Winner: LSU

GAF Pick'em Week 1 Games
(all games Saturday unless otherwise marked)

(THU) South Carolina @ Vanderbilt by 17
(THU) Texas A&M @ Louisiana Tech by X
(THU) Washington State @ BYU by 3
(FRI) Tennessee vs. NC State by 6
(FRI) Boise State @ Michigan State by 10
Notre Dame vs. Navy by 14
Ohio @ Penn State by 14
Northwestern @ Syracuse by 7
Nevada @ California by 3
Miami @ Boston College by 10
Clemson vs. Auburn by 6
Michigan vs. Alabama by 14
San Diego State @ Washington by 7
(SUN) Kentucky @ Louisville by 6
(MON) Georgia Tech @ Virginia Tech by 14

This seems pretty neat, if ya'll hadn't seen it:

@MikeHumesESPN: With Texas A&M-La Tech postponed, ESPNU will now simulcast Goal Line, capturing action from many games

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
This seems pretty neat, if ya'll hadn't seen it:

@MikeHumesESPN: With Texas A&M-La Tech postponed, ESPNU will now simulcast Goal Line, capturing action from many games

That like ESPN's version of the NFL Network's RedZone?

Limedust

Congrats to pxl on the engagement.

Assuming my wife doesn't threaten me with divorce, I plan to start another football season viking beard on September 1st. Plan to run it through Christmas. Anyone with me?

andycapps

Today Braxton said he expect to throw 18-20 passes Saturday. Seems low to me but we are expecting that hurricane to be in Ohio at kickoff. So joy!

Is it going to be hitting here on Saturday? My father in law is supposed to be in town and we were supposed to go to the zoo on Saturday afternoon, which was causing me to actually miss the GA game on TV and I wouldn't be able to watch it until the next day. Maybe now I won't have to miss it.

keikaku.jpg

Schmitty

Just watched that Leach press conference

"I had to marry to her to keep an eye on her" [because she was watching Mash and not Gunsmoke

"It's the most un-American thing I can think of"

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched that Leach press conference

"I had to marry to her to keep an eye on her" [because she was watching Mash and not Gunsmoke

"It's the most un-American thing I can think of"

I also like that he kept bringing up the band and the fact that he's allergic to the press conference room. Hasn't coached a single game for us and is already streets ahead of Paul Wulff.

pxleyes

Banned
Is that on 34th?

Congratulations!

You nailed it. Absolutely loved leaving a mark there, even if it was temporary. Also comes out nice as a huge 24x36 print.

Jerk having your wedding on a game day. Every wedding I have been Invited to that's during an osu game, I dont go to.

You people should know better!

Come on now, at least it is an away game. I made sure of that. There was no way of avoiding it otherwise. She was set on a fall wedding, so I took my losses where I could.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm glad I could shoehorn in football into the wedding and the wedding into this thread.

---

Tailgating question. Portable grills. Opinions, favorites? I'm eyeing one of the small Coleman propane ones that has those tiny tanks making it easy to store fuel.

Grats to pxl on the engagement. Cool idea to paint the 34th street wall for the save the date. My friends and I did that in high school. Good fun.

andycapps

UGA fans may need to take a cold shower after reading stuff like this:

Linebacker Christian Robinson’s enthusiastic account of a play in a recent practice probably will heighten Georgia fans’ anticipation of freshman tailback Keith Marshall’s debut Saturday.

“Keith put a move on somebody the other day that I hadn’t seen in a while,” Robinson said Tuesday. “He shook two people, and they both fell down. That’s pretty special to me because I haven’t seen somebody just blatantly fall down because someone did a move on them.

“Literally, he was untouched. He was running in the middle of the field and made two guys fall and then outran somebody to the pylon. That type of talent, I haven’t seen that in a while. … I’d like to see that in a real game. I think that’d get people excited.”

Robinson said the last Georgia player with “that type of juking ability” was probably wide receiver A.J. Green.

I've maintained that Todd Gurley is going to be the back that may surprise people.. Both were rated as top RB recruits, but Gurley seems to have some high end speed combined with being more of a bruiser back. Not going to say who he drew comparisons to as I'd rather say that after he plays in a real game, not scrimmages. But it wasn't Herschel Walker, despite our obsession with him.

You nailed it. Absolutely loved leaving a mark there, even if it was temporary. Also comes out nice as a huge 24x36 print.

Come on now, at least it is an away game. I made sure of that. There was no way of avoiding it otherwise. She was set on a fall wedding, so I took my losses where I could.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm glad I could shoehorn in football into the wedding and the wedding into this thread.

---

Tailgating question. Portable grills. Opinions, favorites? I'm eyeing one of the small Coleman propane ones that has those tiny tanks making it easy to store fuel.

Why not make it on the 29th when they're on bye?

pxleyes

Banned

Why not make it on the 29th when they're on bye?

We started planning this thing a year ago. Sadly Florida doesn't release schedules until a couple months before the season starts. There was literally no way for me to to know. I just went back into our past schedules and guessed the best weekend.

Just got my tickets to FSU's home opener. Woo! Pretty good seats too, row 16 on about the 25 yard line. Only $19 per ticket on StubHub, which was about half the price the FSU Ticket Office wanted.

Edit: And the Homecoming committee just announced the lineup for Warchant (concert) and Pow Wow (pep rally). They did pretty good this year, got T.I. for Warchant and Kathy Griffin for Pow Wow.

Is it going to be hitting here on Saturday? My father in law is supposed to be in town and we were supposed to go to the zoo on Saturday afternoon, which was causing me to actually miss the GA game on TV and I wouldn't be able to watch it until the next day. Maybe now I won't have to miss it.

keikaku.jpg

I've seen conflicting reports about if it arrives here Saturday noon ish or if it will be more around evening. I hope for evening because I do not want to sit out in a monsoon.

Edit: newest model shows it in Indiana/Illinois 9am Saturday. So depending how fast it moves.

Jay Sosa

Congrats to pxl on the engagement.

Assuming my wife doesn't threaten me with divorce, I plan to start another football season viking beard on September 1st. Plan to run it through Christmas. Anyone with me?

already halfway there..

oh and yeah congratulations on the engagement pxl!

“Keith put a move on somebody the other day that I hadn’t seen in a while,” Robinson said Tuesday. “He shook two people, and they both fell down. That’s pretty special to me because I haven’t seen somebody just blatantly fall down because someone did a move on them.

Probably just means their D is godawful ;)

TS-08

Oh a country song! That'll make them SEC folks take us seriously!

Also I would have gone with Flea Kicker over 5th down as a band name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom