• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 1| - Death Throes

andycapps

Hah. 10 years in for me, too. I know that feel, bro.

I can't believe it's been 10 years already.

Andy, it actually was on the website this morning at 7:40 AM. Friends and I had a whole email thread about it. They toned it down.

Oh I don't doubt it, I wish it still said it. The article still mentions that the term "Clemsoning" is in the Urban Dictionary. The PR people at Clempson must have reached out to ESPN to tone it down.

andycapps

Huh. Didn't know that. I only went to 1 game last year, so I guess I never noticed.

I guess i shouldn't be surprised that the B1G is copying the SEC.

qBsBuho.jpg

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Remember when these hats were all the rage around 2000?

z9aZs67.jpg

I am literally wearing that hat as I type this lol. Just because it's my only good Gamecocks hat, not because I'm particularly amused by the pun (I remember the "Moorehead" hats were really big too)

It is so awkward seeing a bunch of 18 year old girls wearing shirts that say things similar to that. Or yelling cocks over and over.

Yeah it gets pretty weird. Cock puns should be kept to a minimum.

True story supposedly:

I knew a guy from SC who claims to have gone to LA to live or visit (I forget which) and he wore a hat that said "USC Cocks." He had to stop wearing it because people kept mistaking it for a gay So Cal hat :p (sounds a little too good to be true, I know, still funny though)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I don't get that graph.

I mean, Aggy has had post season and TV bans as recently as the 90s yet they are "admirable"

What is the timeframe for looking at major violations?

Arkos

I don't get that graph.

I mean, Aggy has had post season and TV bans as recently as the 90s yet they are "admirable"

Yeah Carolina is a powerhouse on that graph. I call BS :p

Garryk

I don't get that graph.

I'm guessing not very long. Mizzou is rated as one of the most admirable teams while Pinkel is still breathalyzing from a couple years ago.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Wait a minute, TCU just had like 15 players arrested during a drug bust and they are at the top of the admirable pile?

Not that it was the worst thing in the world, but come on.

Talon

Wait a minute, TCU just had like 15 players arrested during a drug bust and they are at the top of the admirable pile?

Hey, man. We're men of God. Except when we're not. But standards.

Jeff-DSA

Go Cougars!

Independent. Sony and MS will be fighting over BYU any day now.

(THU) North Carolina @ South Carolina by 14
(THU) Ole Miss @ Vanderbilt by X 3
(THU) Rutgers @ Fresno State by X 10
Mississippi State vs. Oklahoma State by X 13
Syracuse vs Penn State by X 6
BYU @ Virginia by X 10
Alabama vs Virginia Tech by X 17
Georgia @ Clemson by X 4
LSU vs TCU by X 7
Boise State @ Washington by X 1
Northwestern @ California by X 6
(SUN) Colorado vs Colorado State by X 3

Griegite

still a junior
It's the last season for the Terps of not being in the B1G. I get one more season of ACC football to enjoy! Or whatever it is that ACC football usually provides. Irrelevance?

Jeff-DSA

At least players got disciplined. They'd probably be given better, more secret access to drugs and put before a player vote to decide their suspension in the SEC.

andycapps

TCU just had an 11 year old kid enroll. He's planning on majoring in quantum physics and having his doctorate by the time he's 20. Got a 1770 SAT score.

That has to be worth something.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
one of my co-worker's nephew made the Texas A&M team as a walk on.

Front row seats to the upcoming beatdown from Alabama!

A&M since 2002:

2002: 6-6
2003: 4-8
2004: 7-5
2005: 5-6
2006: 9-4
2007: 7-6
2008: 4-8
2009: 6-7
2010: 9-4
2011: 7-6

"Powerhouse" indeed. I guess just being in the SEC really does make you FUCKING AWESOME in the public eye.

Lonestar

I hope this doesn't turn into a "post your SAT/ACT scores" topic. I at least had 4 digits on my SAT score. At least.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Former Arkansas Lineman kills friend because he vomited on the floor.

Josh Melton faces murder charge
Updated: August 29, 2013, 12:26 PM ET

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Police say former Arkansas lineman Josh Melton has been arrested on a second-degree murder charge.

Fayetteville police say Melton was arrested Wednesday after Melton and a friend spent Tuesday night drinking. Authorities say Melton told police that he and his friend got into a confrontation after the friend vomited in Melton's living room.

A police report says Melton punched the victim several times. The victim, whose name hasn't been released, was pronounced dead by emergency responders.

The report says Melton was cooperative and concerned and said he didn't intend to cause his friend's death.

Melton was an offensive lineman for the Razorbacks from 1999 to 2002. He's being held in the Washington County jail, and court records don't list an attorney.

Arkos

Hey man, I didn't go to the Harvard of the South, AKA Vandy.

Gah I wish right (I'd have loved to go there). Here in upstate SC they call Furman the (some Ivy League school) of the South :3

Edit: also don't know if I mentioned it, but my mom has a degree from UGA so we cool :)

Talon

Are you one of those ACT weirdos?

Do they still have the ACT these days?
The ACT's almost as broadly accepted as the SAT nowadays - basically all the schools worth a damn. And then most of the schools below that.

Every decade has yet another big study showing that good SAT scores correlate with socioeconomic background, so the SAT has tried to adjust - the big writing redo was one of the results.
I took the preSAT, ACT and SAT. Add in 3 AP tests. I am the standardized test taking champion.
3 APs? Why didn't you take 30?

/DisappointedAsianFather

This thread is for grown-ass men. Post your GRE and LSAT scores.

I don't want to embarrass anybody with my superior University of Notre Dame #1 in graduation rate for student athletes SAT/ACT scores

The worst thing about my SAT/ACT scores is that I knew a few football players that actually had better scores than I did.
They got perfect scores

Limedust

My ACT score got me in-state tuition rate at Alabama and a few partial scholarships back when I enrolled in 1995...you know, the year that today's college freshmen were born.

Jesus, I'm old.

Lonestar

Not going to lie, I didn't give a shit about school or taking those tests. Did barely more than Zero studying for it. Maybe if I did, I could brag about my gigantic E-Brain on here. TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Maybe I could just blame the HOPE scholarship, with it's (at the time) average limit. Think it was a B average and not that high on the SAT/ACT scoring list. Just did enough work to get it, and be done with it all as soon as I could.

andycapps

Gah I wish right (I'd have loved to go there). Here in upstate SC they call Furman the (some Ivy League school) of the South :3

Edit: also don't know if I mentioned it, but my mom has a degree from UGA so we cool :)

Haha no problem man.

I took the pre-SAT and then the SAT. No ACT here. I got a perfect score on one of the sections of the pre-SAT. It's been so long I can't remember which one. I took it twice, got 20 points less the second time so I stuck with the first score obviously.

Not going to lie, I didn't give a shit about school or taking those tests. Did barely more than Zero studying for it. Maybe if I did, I could brag about my gigantic E-Brain on here. TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Funny thing is, I took the SAT twice, and I did FAR better on it when I didn't study at all for it.

Maybe I could just blame the HOPE scholarship, with it's (at the time) average limit. Think it was a B average and not that high on the SAT/ACT scoring list. Just did enough work to get it, and be done with it all as soon as I could.

In Texas, at the time, if you were in the top 10% of your class you were automatically accepted into any state school. I only applied to Notre Dame because I knew that if I didn't get in, I could fill out a rolling application to UT and be accepted within two weeks. I'm pretty sure they did away with that system.

Top Bottom